Tormented Demons

Kingofthecav

what about extreme prayers??

I'd say it's overkill - it's so quick to bank that it'd be unnecessary to pay the additional cost. For other things like GWD where the delay of return is far greater, super prayers could be useful if you're planning for a very long trip.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many kills can you get per hour?

And this includes EVERYTHING (banking, getting there, etc.). I know that it's hard to tell exactly, but I'm sure someone can give me some sort of idea, since I have none.

The reason I ask is that I can currently make ~1M/h. I'll ASSUME the drop rate of claws is 1/300 based on averages that I've heard and reading multiple drop logs.

In order for claws to be more profitable than what I'm doing, I must be able to kill more than 7.9 demons per hour (including EVERYTHING).

Why?

300 kills / 38 hours

=7.89

(300 kills assumes I would get one claws drop in 300 kills and 38 hours because making 1M/h is the same as getting 38M from one claw drop)

Now I know that most people would guess over 7.89 kills per hour, but that would need to include learning (I've never done TD's), dying, picking up stuff, learning the lure, killing the dragons, banking etc. I imagine most people would overestimate the number of kills they could get per hour. However, any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I'm old skool baby ;) *looks at join date*

Current amount of years playing Runescape: 5.5 On TIF: 5

And this includes EVERYTHING (banking, getting there, etc.). I know that it's hard to tell exactly, but I'm sure someone can give me some sort of idea, since I have none.

The reason I ask is that I can currently make ~1M/h. I'll ASSUME the drop rate of claws is 1/300 based on averages that I've heard and reading multiple drop logs.

In order for claws to be more profitable than what I'm doing, I must be able to kill more than 7.9 demons per hour (including EVERYTHING).

Why?

300 kills / 38 hours

=7.89

(300 kills assumes I would get one claws drop in 300 kills and 38 hours because making 1M/h is the same as getting 38M from one claw drop)

Now I know that most people would guess over 7.89 kills per hour, but that would need to include learning (I've never done TD's), dying, picking up stuff, learning the lure, killing the dragons, banking etc. I imagine most people would overestimate the number of kills they could get per hour. However, any contributions would be greatly appreciated.

i can understand 8 kills per hour if ur learning or just rusty, but after 300 kills you really should have gotten enough practice

are you using piety? eagle eye? supersets?

are you switching weapons and prayers fast enough?

is your ranged/attack/strength level below 90 by any chance?

8 kills per hour just sounds too low

90+ stats with piety, eagle eye, and good switching should really net you at least 12 kills per hour, 14-16 if you're good

Naaxi.png

Why?

300 kills / 38 hours

=7.89

i can understand 8 kills per hour if ur learning or just rusty, but after 300 kills you really should have gotten enough practice

90+ stats with piety, eagle eye, and good switching should really net you at least 12 kills per hour, 14-16 if you're good

I'm currently 95 attack, 99 strength, 89 defence, 95 hits, 70 prayer, 87 ranged (and 70 herblore, no extremes).

I have NEVER done TDs before, although I've wondered about it. That's why I want to know if it'd be faster money than what I'm doing now. I can make 1M/h right now or I can lose 15M to get 88 summoning, lose 20M to chin to 96ish range in order to kill TDs really good. I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth it or if I'd be smarter sticking to what I'm doing.

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

Why?

300 kills / 38 hours

=7.89

I'm currently 95 attack, 99 strength, 89 defence, 95 hits, 70 prayer, 87 ranged (and 70 herblore, no extremes).

I have NEVER done TDs before, although I've wondered about it. That's why I want to know if it'd be faster money than what I'm doing now. I can make 1M/h right now or I can lose 15M to get 88 summoning, lose 20M to chin to 96ish range in order to kill TDs really good. I'm trying to figure out if it'd be worth it or if I'd be smarter sticking to what I'm doing.

Banking + getting there i would say takes 5 minutes/hour if you bank once every 2 hours.

Killing solo I get 27 kills/hour with MAX stats and prayer.

Killing duo I get 39 kills/hour with MAX stats, prayers, and a partner with the same.

So thats MINIMUM 24 kills/hr solo and 35/hr duo with banking ect.

And I would say the drop rate of claws is 220-260

250/25 is 10 hours per claws.... So yeah, 3.5M/hr with max [cabbage]

Banking + getting there i would say takes 5 minutes/hour if you bank once every 2 hours.

Killing solo I get 27 kills/hour with MAX stats and prayer.

Killing duo I get 39 kills/hour with MAX stats, prayers, and a partner with the same.

So thats MINIMUM 24 kills/hr solo and 35/hr duo with banking ect.

And I would say the drop rate of claws is 220-260

250/25 is 10 hours per claws.... So yeah, 3.5M/hr with max [cabbage]

Wow, I think I'll definitely switch over to these guys once I have enough charms for 88 summoning.

For the guide I suggest you add a section about prayer switching, and the attacks of the TDs (even though I know you can't vid, a description and screeny would help).

Also a little more detail on the technique would really help. Since you don't use a D Hally I'll assume that once you're done meleeing you step away from melee distance of the demon so you only have to switch between range and mage prayers (assuming that is what you do). Basically a more thorough explanation of the process of actually killing the demons would be nice, as I (and I'm sure many others) have never done them. :wink:

Also I'm only 87 range atm, It'd be worth it for me to chin to 95ish I'm assuming?

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

Wow, I think I'll definitely switch over to these guys once I have enough charms for 88 summoning.

For the guide I suggest you add a section about prayer switching, and the attacks of the TDs (even though I know you can't vid, a description and screeny would help).

Also a little more detail on the technique would really help. Since you don't use a D Hally I'll assume that once you're done meleeing you step away from melee distance of the demon so you only have to switch between range and mage prayers (assuming that is what you do). Basically a more thorough explanation of the process of actually killing the demons would be nice, as I (and I'm sure many others) have never done them. :wink:

Also I'm only 87 range atm, It'd be worth it for me to chin to 95ish I'm assuming?

Maybe I will add some more sections on fighting them, although to original purpose of this guide was for experienced TD'ers to get max possibly kills/hour. And sorry if I didn't make it clear, thought I said it somewhere, but stepping back to range is useless. If it is meleeing you and you step away and range it, it will instantly switch to range or mage and attack you.

Yeah chinning 95-97 range would be worth it, could just go 99 tbh, but if you do TD longterm you can expect a good amount of experience coming in.

Maybe I will add some more sections on fighting them, although to original purpose of this guide was for experienced TD'ers to get max possibly kills/hour. And sorry if I didn't make it clear, thought I said it somewhere, but stepping back to range is useless. If it is meleeing you and you step away and range it, it will instantly switch to range or mage and attack you.

Yeah chinning 95-97 range would be worth it, could just go 99 tbh, but if you do TD longterm you can expect a good amount of experience coming in.

C a v v e H,

Could you add me in game please?

RSN: A Dreamy Guy

And a section on killing would turn your guide into the best TD guide out there (that I've found). It would completely eliminate someone having to use another guide alongside yours. :thumbsup:

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

C a v v e H,

Could you add me in game please?

RSN: A Dreamy Guy

And a section on killing would turn your guide into the best TD guide out there (that I've found). It would completely eliminate someone having to use another guide alongside yours. :thumbsup:

Alright will do.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went with a friend for my first time today. It was maybe my 10-20th kill EVER when...

jan810.png

I didn't hardly know what I was doing lol. And I get claws on a duo trip. I wish I was keeping a drop log lol.

EDIT:

LMAO, today I just decided to go solo. I know I'm not using your lure (I wanna know what I'm doing well before I gotta worry about two at once), when...

jan092010.jpg

Like what the f'? I'm not complaining but I've gotten WAY too lucky. Like wow.

Anyways, thanks for inspiring me to go to these things, killing one of these was sure a heck of a lot easier than killing green dragons for 36 hours (Like I've already done...)

jmodresponse.th.png

^^ Spreadin' da wurd ^^

I know this has been asked already, but how about using Drain Range?

TD fights take long enough for the full curse effect to take place, so it's almost -20% defense and -10% range. This might reduce damage for you, but even more importantly it reduces TD defense by 20% - this is huge!

I prefer it over eagle eye/piety because switching between them is a huge annoyance.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Also, does veng work well against TD's? If so, I think it's worth the cost and 3 invent spaces.

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Just by the way - I tested out vengeance and the curse prayers. Both are really quite good.

With curse prayers, my attacks against TD's are much more accurate in the latter half of the fight. In my experience, it gives faster kills than switching between eagle eye and piety. Then again, I'm pretty bad at switching between those. So if you have trouble switching between offense prayers, or want a slower drain rate, use curse prayers.

From best to worst:

Turmoil (havent tested)

Leech Defense

Sap Range

Sap Warrior

sigcopyaf.png

Double post sorry :x

But to unspam: don't use both sap range + sap warrior at the same time. It's kind of pointless since the defense-decreasing effect doesn't stack.

sigcopyaf.png

Just by the way - I tested out vengeance and the curse prayers. Both are really quite good.

With curse prayers, my attacks against TD's are much more accurate in the latter half of the fight. In my experience, it gives faster kills than switching between eagle eye and piety. Then again, I'm pretty bad at switching between those. So if you have trouble switching between offense prayers, or want a slower drain rate, use curse prayers.

From best to worst:

Turmoil (havent tested)

Leech Defense

Sap Range

Sap Warrior

I have actually tried curses before since I forgot to switch back to regular prayer before a trip, and I kept leech defence on the whole time and switched between range/mage/melee protect. I used my p pots really fast compared to flash eagle eye/piety and kills are a little slower, but not by alot. I killed about 35 before I ran out of prayer potions, using the void set up in guide. You say it's a slower drain rate, but I flash piety and eagle eye so it doesn't use a lot of prayer, which gives me a full 50ish kills with 11 prayer potions.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this method for a bit, but didn't quite get the luring down. I wonder, if you get there and either of the 3 demons has wandered so far off you can trap them on the right side of the rock anymore, should you hop? Because I didn't even once manage to get the most western demon into the right spot, either some fail was fighting it at the entrance or it would get stuck on the wrong side of the rock.

Fighting the two eastern demons demons did go pretty well even though the luring takes a little longer since you have to run all the way around the big rock, but that got messed up a few times by the western demon wandering near and getting stuck in an annoying place.

Any way to fix this or do you just hop until you find a perfect empty world?

Oh got them lured now, works pretty well. It just didn't manage to spot the middle north demon respawning a few times, but that takes practice I guess. In an empty world with the demons wandering around randomly the luring isn't that hard.

Nice guide :thumbup:

2dvjurb.png

Yeah actually scratch the ancient curses. Piety / eagle eye is better.

sigcopyaf.png

Ehm another question, is there a way you can predict their attack style without having your sounds on? I found uni doesn't keep up if I just randomly choose a protection prayer when they switch attacks.

2dvjurb.png

Ehm another question, is there a way you can predict their attack style without having your sounds on? I found uni doesn't keep up if I just randomly choose a protection prayer when they switch attacks.

The only way really is to guess, if he is maging I would guess range and melee/range guess mage. Unless you are really low defense you should be fine.

The only way really is to guess, if he is maging I would guess range and melee/range guess mage. Unless you are really low defense you should be fine.

Hmm I figured as much, got a bit better at pray switching and finished 2 uni's with 1 brew and sgs. Had a few awesome sgs specs but also often forgot to heal with uni, so once I get a good drop I'll be buying a bgs and I'll be fine :P

Got to 31 kills in 1 hour 30 mins today, still not really satisfied but it's okay I guess.

And as suggested above, I brought sw cape and broads. It meant slower kills but since you use like 200 bolts a trip it's probably best to keep the costs down in that department - I still maxed 44 with broads so they're not that bad.

2dvjurb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the pictures in Luring aren't working for me.