Archimage A's Alpha Centuri!

archimage_a

Rocco, you'd still get most of Floor D, and perhaps secure a valuable ally for war? Think about it please, I don't want to fight unless I have to. I hope ya don't carry over the grudge from Hegemony, since I've decided war isn't the answer.

Anyways, how would a war be decided?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then. I am moving fifty people for floor D. I am claiming the whole core area and putting up 2 forcefields near the turbo lifts and 2 in the corridor just outside(4*10=40). I am also setting up 4 turrets(4*15=60) to defend my new gains.

So 200 for food, 80 for Forcefields(there are already 4 running), 60 for turrets. Out of 360. So I have 20 credits left over for next year.

[hide] TD2SG.png [/hide]

It doesn't really matter where you station troops, because it is such a confined space that, so long as there is a clear route, you can send your people anywhere on the ship to meet a threat. If there isn't a clear route then you can only send 1/8th of your troops, unless you have otherwise stated you have stationed troops there.

Also nowhere produces anything for the first month, you have to hold onto it for a while.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I'm sending 100 troops to Floor E to claim the top row of Red rooms. Also Archi, it doesn't make sense that nothing makes anything the first turn, as everyone would starve.

----------------------

Also Rocco, you can't send 20 cyborgs to each of the rooms on Floor D as you don't have enough cyborgs for that. (There are more than 10 rooms).

----------------------

Stationing 50 troops on Floor D and the rest on Floor C.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

You do realise you only have 200 people/troops?

Also nothing produces anything for the first month you occupy it.(Which is the first day in real life) otherwise you could go 'I claim all the rooms and build a million drones and kill everyone'.

200 people, and you start with no credits, so they would all starve the first turn. Unless you consider the first 10 rooms that we claimed as "we've had them for more than a year". Is that basically what you're saying?

Sigh....

I am saying that for the VERY first month you spend in the game there are no costs and no payments to make. You have stacked out 10 Rooms and posted your stats(This is so no one can create a super race and own everyone before we all tell them they are over powered)

The first month you occupy a NEW room(so not one of the 10 original rooms you had) it doesn't produce anything for the first month(This game is played in months, not years)

After that your rooms always produce their max.

So unless you were stupid enough to pick 10 blue/orange rooms you shouldn't starve...if you do then that was a bit stupid wasn't it.

Ah, that makes sense.

My race isn't overpowered, is it? :D

------------------------------------

Anyways Rocco, I request 2 additional red rooms to the 2 red rooms I already occupy on Floor D. I don't require anymore, and I'd like to be an ally. Please tell me what you think about that. Since it's still a few seconds before the credits are given, I send troops which I sent to defend Floor D to occupy 2 more red rooms. (Rocco doesn't have any troops in them, since in his instruction, he was using more troops that he had).

Oh, I see what you mean about that. That made no sense to me. How did you edit it by the way?

Before I thought you said you took over the entire floor, which I said couldn't work as you had too little people.

----------------------

I am sending soldiers to occupy the last 3 uninhabited rooms on the top row. The other 4 (2 marked and 2 unmarked) were captured before the credits were given, so they give credits next turn. The last 3 were captured this turn and do not give credits for one turn.

I am sending soldiers to occupy the last 3 uninhabited rooms on the top row. The other 4 (2 marked and 2 unmarked) were captured before the credits were given, so they give credits next turn. The last 3 were captured this turn and do not give credits for one turn.

?

Done and done.

Rocco, I know we sorta had antagonism against each other in Hegemony, but I'm going to try my hardest to be allies here in Alpha Centauri. There's always the possibility you could betray me, but I've decided that I will trust you and not put any defences against you. You may find it harder to trust in me, but I'll trust in you.

-----------------------

By the way, do you have any techs that you would like to trade?

---------------------

On Floor D, I control the top row of Red rooms. 4 of em are producing credits next turn, while 3 are not. Could someone please mark that and tell me how they marked it?

Alrighty. Is it too late for me to add 5 more techs or is my race's strengths too great for me to add the 5 more techs? :D

After I reviewed other people's starting techs, I'd also like to change some.

Since I started with 5 to compensate for my race's biological advantages, could I add 3 more techs? :thumbsup:

or four :thumbsup:

or five :thumbsup:

Yeah, changing your techs now is alright. There will be another chance when we reach Alpha Centuri, just make sure all your techs are vaguely similar...no tangent weapons.

You can have 4 more techs Retech.

BTW this is your last chance, onboard ship, to change your techs. Once combat starts your techs are locked in till we reach Alpha Centuri, where they can only be modifed to fit the new parameters.

Tangents are things that skew of randomly from the whole. So say I was to give everyone in my group gills, that would be a tangent because I have no other water related technology.

Name:

Lichtens

Species:

Lichtes (humanoidish, imagine aquanites walking on two)

Advantages:

Lays eggs instead of giving live birth (eggs need 1 credit per turn to maintain, can be destroyed, but frees up parent from sitting and doing nothing) , High Morale and Defence (protective of territory), Squished (Can hold more people per room)

Disadvantages;

Not technologically advanced (only 5 techs), Amphibious (sorta positive, but not as adept as humans in air breathing)

Techs:

-Laser Bayonet (+10 close combat)(100 credits)(closed)

-Protective Egg Casings (Allows eggs to be laid on land)(open)

-Kelp Spa Treatment (heals, someone please help me make a figure)(open)

-Coilgun (+10 long ranged combat)(100 credits)(closed)

-Standard Turrets (open)

-Kelp Genetics (Nutritious Kelp has been enhanced, only requiring half the food to feed a population, rounded up)(closed)

-Master-Lock Doors

-Close-Combat "Defences" (Much smaller range than a turret, but half the price)

-Aquarium (Open)(Prevents Drones from entering your rooms)

I think you've gotten your hide tags mixed up. My race is the only race under the "races in play" tag.

Ohhhhhh! Thanks for telling me. Btw Archi, I don't quite understand how we pay for these techs. Is it that we save our credits for them and then we can use em, or is it something else?

You equipt your people with your tech...so something that is fairly powerful will cost fairly vast amounts.

So if you wanted to build a drone with a coil gun it would cost you 1,030 credits. You would have to build it over a series of turns if you didn't have enough blue rooms.

Oh! I can't change that now, can I? Anyways, what are the base stats of people?

I'd like to change coil guns and laser bayonets to (+2 for whatever they were for) and the cost becomes 40. Sorry for the mix-up, I thought the cost was a one-time payment for the entire tech. :)