Archimage A's Alpha Centuri!

archimage_a

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I figured I'd get some rooms before they all get snapped up.

Name: Pyronites

Advantages: Extremely quick, extremely difficult to kill by physical means, can throw fire, can eat almost anything, expel a blinding light from themselves

Disadvantages: Small, expel a blinding light from themselves (can be bad and good), need food frequently, very slow reproduction rate

10 Techs:

Closed

Flares: +3 to ranged, cost 10 credits

Oiled Swords: +6 to close range/melee, cost 30 credits

Plasmacides: Cost 50 credits and kill 1 Pyronite, but annihilates almost everything within 6 yards.

Open

None at teh moment

alphacentauri.jpg

a70c7.png

There arn't five avalible there.

Flares: +3 to ranged, cost 90 credits

Oiled Swords: +6 to close range/melee, cost 720 credits

Plasmacides: Cost 50 credits and kill 1 Pyronite, but annihilates almost everything within 6 yards.

Credit cost should be the modifer squared. Since Swords are (I assume) defencive as well as offensive they count twice.

Also make sure you pick your open techs by the end of tommrow so 32 hours or so.

[hide] Yiq5y.png [/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

I'm sorry for the confusion. I don't know how to edit the map. :thumbsup:

I'll go ahead and take 2 more science rooms on Floor B if it's alright with you Mather.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

K is ross right?

I claim the two rooms on the lower end of his hallway.

And Retech, you can claim as many science rooms as you want, I have no use for them as i allready can use mouch more money than I gain at the time.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I don't want you claiming those rooms, since I was planning on doing that. Cease and desist.

I create one Drone equipped with plasma cutter and riot shield for 150 credits, and I place 2 turrets next to the southern turbolift of floor C.

This leaves me with 20 credits left over (-200 to feed people, -150 from the drone, -30 from turrets.

2Xeo5.png

Well, really, that's your fault.

You made a race with a huge amount of expensive technology and then chose mostly blue rooms. It's not the best idea in the world.

Besides, in this ship, it's every man/machine/werewolf/whatever for himself.

I want those rooms.

2Xeo5.png

Well, really, that's your fault.

You made a race with a huge amount of expensive technology and then chose mostly blue rooms. It's not the best idea in the world.

Besides, in this ship, it's every man/machine/werewolf/whatever for himself.

I want those rooms.

Ok, now I and buildt in Piei are the only ones with only ten rooms.

Archi, please make the ship bigger.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Hmm, this shall be interesting then.

And I didn't know how to do the weapon prices, thanks for clearing that up.

And the swords are mainly offense, but they do have a range modifier, so they still count twice.

Can power rooms shut down barriers?

Open techs:

EMP swords: +2 to offense, EMP effect, costs 40 credits

Flame Walls: Puts a barrier up, but covered in fire. The barrier then has +1 offence and +1 range towards anything that comes near,even turrets. Costs normal cost of a barrier + 40 per turn, and the fire effect takes 1 turn to activate.

Temporal Field: Allows 1 person/creature to move up or down a floor, at the cost of 200 credits and a turn of immobility for that person/creature.

Turrets: Shoots stuff it doesn't know.

Credit stealer: Gives me 1 credit for every drone I kill.

Food Pack: Essentially just a great deal of food in a small pack. Can heal for some races, for others is just useful if a group is cut off.

Gravity Boots: Allow the user to temporarily become much lighter than they usually would be. Does not work with Magnetic Boots.

Magnetic Boots: Allow the user to stick to the floor in case of a loss of gravity. Does not work with Gravity Boots.

Death Disks: A disk filled with explosives and a detonate-on-impact trigger. Costs 60 credits and is not reuseable.

Black Pepper Spray: Can be used as a painful distraction to organics, and a blinding agent to robotics. One-use, costs 10 credits.

Do I need to come up with stats for the Pyronites then?

a70c7.png

Mather, you may be in a pickel. Anyways Pie, if the EMP swords count twice, then the credits cost should be 80. (2^2 times 10) times 2.

Could someone please edit my claims in when they do their next edit? I control the top row of Floor D.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

set up forcefields on the turbolift entrance/exits

Sorry you can only set up forcefields between 2 greens or 1 white and a green or 2 whites. Greens are eternal but whites can be destroyed, rendering the forcefield offline. Purples, even from different people, can cross without effects and turrets/drones/people can't shoot through forcefields.

Archi, is the shield and turret costs one-time?

Turrets are 1 time, shields are continous per turn.

Archi, please make the ship bigger.

Sorta defeats the point...I would recommend an alliance with someone who has red rooms a plenty...just remember that allies will stab you in the back.

Can power rooms shut down barriers?

Yes

Do I need to come up with stats for the Pyronites then?

Stats are always the same for the races, 1/1/0. It helps prevent confusion, as well as people screaming 'cheat'. If you take your race into a fight then you can argue with the other person/people about how effective yoru advantages are.

Anyway my turn:

I am gonna use one of my orange rooms to cancel Rocco's forcefield, take the rest of F Deck and set up my defences(4 forcefields and 10 turrets). I also build to fully equipt drones. Then finally I will shut down Dusty's Orange room using one my my orange rooms(Since Dusty has the best balance of blues and reds apart from me.

1380 Credits per turn

20 Leftover credits

1400 Credits

10 Forcefields 100 per turn

200Feeding cost per turn

=300

=1100 Left

Spendable 240

10 Turrents 150 spent

2 Drones(30) with Maser Knives(1) and Shielding Lights(1), Tricorders(1), SunBeams(5) and Aerosole healing sprays(5) 43 per Drone, 86 total.

4 Credits left over.

2 of 4 orange rooms still active.

[hide] TdwWR.png [/hide]

Oh, if not one objects I am gonna add another function to orange rooms, the ability to create forcefield blackout zones, so you can't put a forcefield in a certain zone. What do people think?

Rightyoh, now for the turn report!

Starting with 600 credits (10 red rooms)

Foodies: -100 (only half do to tech)

So 500 now...

I shall lay 200 eggs, upkeep totalling 100 credits so...

400 credits

I shall create 5 drones, cost being 150.

-----------------------------

250 credits saved for next turn or later today

Also, can someone edit in my rooms? I control the rest of the blue rooms left untaken on Floor B besides one, which is Rocco's. I also control the top row on Floor D.

Can someone explain to me how forcefields work again? Also, my suggestion for orange rooms is that they can also maintain one force field each, as long as you don't use em for anything else.

Forcefields cost 10 credits per turn, can be shut down by another player for 100 credits or by an orange room. Your own side can move through them but no one else can.

Retech to edit the map just copy it into MS Paint and edit it...Try to save it as a PNG and upload it to an image hosting site.

Righty oh.

My drones have been disabled to recoup the points I spent (I sorta change my mind).

So now I have 400 credits. I will use that to equip 20 soldiers with proto-laser bayonets (+1 close combat, 10 credits) and 20 soldiers with proto-coilguns (+1 ranged combat, 10 credits).

Total Military:

160 Normal Soldiers 1/1/0

20 Bayonet Soldiers 2/1/0

20 Coilgun Soldiers 1/1/1

-------

I know theoretically how to edit it, but I don't know how you put the letters in. I tried adding text, but it made the surrounding area white.

Sorry for the double post, but the last post was getting cluttered. Archi, since you're using your orange rooms for evil, I'm using 2 of my oranges to shut down your oranges, and my last orange will be on standby to keep the peace.

----------------------

There's no way to peace! Peace is the way! The above was not an act of aggression; I simply wish to keep the peace as long as possible.

know theoretically how to edit it, but I don't know how you put the letters in. I tried adding text, but it made the surrounding area white.

Copy and paste from the gray box, just keep things small.

I will use one of my other oranges to keep dusty's room dead, since the forcefield was already disabled it makes little difference if you shut that room down. Be aware that you have made a powerful enemy today.

I deploy my two drones to the Licht zone of C Deck and prepare to capture the rooms. I also activate a forcefield on the turbo lift so you can't bring in reinforcements and I block off your rooms so you can't engage me.

Credits: 864

Use 30 to set up the forcefields.

You will stand down your attack or I demand satisfaction!

[hide] GGhgD.png [/hide]

I use my last orange room to deactivate the forcefield and bring in the the bayonet soldiers and the coilgun soldiers.

That is:

20 Bayonet Soldiers

20 Coilgun Soldiers

and

the 10 remaining fellas on the deck which weren't converted.

------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said before, I don't want to fight, I am simply trying to keep the peace. I can't let you invade my rooms however.

Sorry, edit on above. Not bayonet or coilgun soldiers, proto-bayonet and proto-coilguns. Anyways, I simply wish that you do not try to lord over the other factions on the ship. That is my mission goal, getting to Alpha Centauri with everyone still on board.