What the hell mintcakes?

The_Avatar

The mint cake acts as an assurance, it's purpose is to attempt to stabilise the G.E. so that people don't worry about their other rares/expensive items from dropping, it's removal will create wide-spread panic. Plus it would take ages for things to stabilise again. Think of it like a single screw in an airplane, which that screw doesn't serve much of a purpose by itself, without it the plane will fall apart and crash.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

The mint cake acts as an assurance, it's purpose is to attempt to stabilise the G.E. so that people don't worry about their other rares/expensive items from dropping, it's removal will create wide-spread panic. Plus it would take ages for things to stabilise again. Think of it like a single screw in an airplane, which that screw doesn't serve much of a purpose by itself, without it the plane will fall apart and crash.

The mint cake assures nothing. It serves no purpose whatsoever. The only things that could stabilize the G.E. would be complete control by Jagex, or if people stopped abusing it. I guarantee you, they could make the mint cake untradable right now and nothing would be effected. Its more like the imaginary screw in the plane that does nothing but fool people.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

The mint cake assures nothing. It serves no purpose whatsoever. The only things that could stabilize the G.E. would be complete control by Jagex, or if people stopped abusing it. I guarantee you, they could make the mint cake untradable right now and nothing would be effected. Its more like the imaginary screw in the plane that does nothing but fool people.

Not too knowledgeable on economics are you? Every economy is based around 1 item, in this case mint cakes, without which the economy is based on no 1 item. This would cause items as well as commodities fluctuate until a new item took the mint cake's place.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Not too knowledgeable on economics are you? Every economy is based around 1 item, in this case mint cakes, without which the economy is based on no 1 item. This would cause items as well as commodities fluctuate until a new item took the mint cake's place.

The games economy and real world economy are in no way similar. #-o

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

Whats a mintcake? And when was this update? And what the hell is going on!?!?

Ok, well the whole point of the mint cake, is that its price is static. Its street value is 10M in this case. We don't really care about Jagex's price, because we found a way to get around that with junk trading. It acts as an insurance, because no matter what happens to other items, this will always be the same. 1 gold coin=1 gold coin; 1 mint cake=10M. ALWAYS. This is good for people who max out their money and need something valuable that will always hold it's value.

I'm not really sure about anything I just wrote, so correct me if I'm wrong.icon_e_confused.gif I've never taken an econ class.

Oh yea, and a mint cake is a reward from the gnome restaurant minigame. There should be a guide on Tip.it

I HIGHLY doubt the games ecnomic security is based on the mint cake. The economy would survive were it to be removed.

Not that I think removing from trading would do any good, the effects would probably be purely negative. But it wouldn't kill the economy. All I'm saying.

And, not that I've taken many economic classes, but the concept of every item being based around one item seems completely ludicrous to me. Unless by that item you mean money, which has no value in itself and is but a tool to facilitate trade.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Mint Cake Recipe

Ingredients

* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix

* 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided

* 1-1/2 cups cold milk

* 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix

* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

* 4 to 5 drops green food coloring

Directions

* Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to batter; beat well.

* Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

* In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake. Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract; spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.

Mint Cake published in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43

Mint Cake Recipe

Ingredients

* 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix

* 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, divided

* 1-1/2 cups cold milk

* 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix

* 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

* 4 to 5 drops green food coloring

Directions

* Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to batter; beat well.

* Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

* In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 24 holes in cake. Spread pudding evenly over cake. Combine the whipped topping, food coloring and remaining extract; spread over pudding. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 15 servings.

Mint Cake published in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p43

Ooo, I can make my own mint cakes? I'll be super rich! :thumbup:

Things like this mint cake economy confuse me. I understand how junk trading and the "normal" economy work, but why mint cakes? Why not those mjolnirs from the enchanted key?

imevil.jpg

I dont see the logic in mint cakes either. Their 10m worth is imaginary,and if they were removed from the game nothing big would happen aside from the usual panic...

The usual panic...by that you mean the multitude of 5-day riots after Jagex makes any changes to the game?

I dont see the logic in mint cakes either. Their 10m worth is imaginary,and if they were removed from the game nothing big would happen aside from the usual panic...

The usual panic...by that you mean the multitude of 5-day riots after Jagex makes any changes to the game?

/hyperbole

And don't you think quoting yourself in your own signature is a bit... pretentious?

so wait... i haven't been up to date for a while... so i have no idea what the purpose of mint cakes are for

is it like duct tape for the rs economy??

is it a rare or something?

is it amazingly difficult to obtain it?

is it....useful??

wouldn't 10m gp be a good way to make sure that you always have.....10m?

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).