No RuneScape utilities iPhone/iPod touch app?

atronic92

i have made accatly what you have said a runescape app with, a map money making guide and experience talbe + skills guide

There are a couple of similar apps in the App Store now that were not there when I created this topic. Frankly, they are all useless. Most players know the best ways to make money or train skills and if they do not, that information can be found for free online. Most of those guides are outdated, too, or simply copied and pasted from older such resouces. I saw one guide instructing you to make certificates, which have not existed since RSC! If this is the kind if app you're going to create, please don't.

i have created it already its one the app store, Runescape Skills Guide and belive me its nothing like that them developers just copy and paste it from a website, mine is hand written and i jsut completed update 1.20 with all the features i said before, alot better than the others

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I want to cause a little water stirring...Android > iPhone. :)

On Topic:

It would be really nice to be able to LOGIN and change and sell things in the GE, anyone else agree?

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

On Topic:

It would be really nice to be able to LOGIN and change and sell things in the GE, anyone else agree?

That would be impossible without having access to jagex framework which is highly doubt they will let me

On Topic:

That would be impossible without having access to jagex framework which is highly doubt they will let me

Oh I know...but Blizzard made one for WOW, just a suggestion.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

On Topic:

I have an HTC DREAM (t-mobile g1) and an iPod touch.

Apple > Android.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

problem is that wow is written in C++. Runescape is written in JAVA.. the apple TOS do not allow for any program to run OTHER code (effectively killing the entire open source community and keeping everything dependent on the apple store).. However this also means, no java, no firefox, no thunderbird, no...... anything.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

problem is that wow is written in C++. Runescape is written in JAVA.. the apple TOS do not allow for any program to run OTHER code (effectively killing the entire open source community and keeping everything dependent on the apple store).. However this also means, no java, no firefox, no thunderbird, no...... anything.

runescape runs on java its written in runescript which is a close releation to c++

runescape runs on java its written in runescript which is a close releation to c++

In all considerations in regards language though, it makes sense to infer arguments based on Java rather than C++ as it is the underlying system that it runs off of, not C++.

On Topic:

Isnt it against the rules to use private frameworks in apps?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I see runescape phone apps as fail.

If you REALLY need to be able to check your GE offers etc from your phone while away from the computer and can't play rs effectively (cause most smart phones can load it, but its not exactly playable with the touch screen form) then you have serious addiction issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

World map would be pretty useful. Having to load the world map up in level 50+ wildy can be pretty scary.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Uhm read the last sentence: apple does not allow any program to run OTHER code.. Meaning, in effect, things like "runescript" are forbidden: and also JAVA interpreters/compilers are -by definition- forbidden!

I know very well what C/C++/JAVA are (been programming in those languages for years now), but the problem is not that it is impossible or "hard": but simply that it isn't allowed other than through exceptions..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Just use google docs.

Have a field where you enter the name and another which displays the value. Nice and simple and costs nothing at all.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'm writing a cross-platform / console client at the moment that has all the features of SK. Of course not all of the features will work on the mobile device, but most will (Like database searches, GE searches / notifications, hiscores, adventurer's logs, etc). :)

09144a99bb.png

I'm very interested in making a GE/Price checking app.

You dont need an app for that and the fuss of getting approved when you could write it in php/html whatever and just use the browser to get it

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'm very interested in making a GE/Price checking app.

You dont need an app for that and the fuss of getting approved when you could write it in php/html whatever and just use the browser to get it

Oh I got one of those publicly available already :)