Inventions.

Pinkbullet3

Edit: 1/17/10

Decided to create a new topic within my old thread for the sake of not having to create an entirely new one.

So I was wondering what inventions you've always thought about creating. Perhaps something that helps humanity, will assist in the destruction of it, or just something pointless/fun in general.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old topic:

(Please don't judge me on this.)

I was talking with some friends today and someone asked why men even have nipples. Jokes aside, I had learned and therefore said that everyone is given a set before their gender is determined. Afterwards, the testosterone (if given) does its job, and whatnot.

Yes, so this was for those who didn't know before: http://menshealth.about.com/od/conditions/a/Nipples_Men.htm

Post any interesting facts that you might have. :thumbup: :lol:

(No more talk about inappropriate body parts, please lol. >.<)

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching Animal Planet, and in West Africa, there are freakin HUUUUUUGGEEEE swarms of locust (the bugs, not the things from Gears of War). They travel in packs that can be made of a million locusts!

so is it safe to cut mine off?

Not just safe, but a great idea. Bleeding profusely from the chest is a sure fire way to increase your quality of life. :lol:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Interesting fact: Edison didn't actually invent the lightbulb, others did most of the work, he basically stole the design and I think he changed one little bit of it. It ruined Tesla, the actual inventor of the lightbulb (that and various other stuff) and he became insane, simply because well, you probably had no idea Tesla invented the lightbulb and various other stuff. Not sure what it was that he invented that he should've made millions with but he didn't since he didn't get the rights for it until after he died. This is all just taken out of memory, might be a bit wrong.

I believe all Edison did was use a different type of filament that had a higher resistance, therefore glowing for a long period of time instead of burning out quickly. There may have been some other design changes as well, but I know that was one of the things he changed.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I was just watching Animal Planet, and in West Africa, there are freakin HUUUUUUGGEEEE swarms of locust (the bugs, not the things from Gears of War). They travel in packs that can be made of a million locusts!

Do you mean the swarms that look like haze from a distance, out in the sea? I saw those on TV as well. There are like a trillion of them in one. :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Do you mean the swarms that look like haze from a distance, out in the sea? I saw those on TV as well. There are like a trillion of them in one. :blink:

They travel on land, pretty much eating every plant in their path.

Think of it like the nematoads (can't believe I actually spelt that right) from that one episode of Spongebob.

I could have sworn i saw this exact same topic a little bit ago :rolleyes:

Anyways, there is a book called "Why men have nipples". Its about a bunch of weird things like this for the human (maybe just male) body.

Lol ok I'll keep it clean this time.

The King of Hearts is the one card committing suicide (the sword goes through his head).

Which is why it is frequently referred to as the Suicide King. He is also the only one with no moustache.

I've been reading a group of books all about these. It's called the Imponderables series, and is quite good.

Fairly obvouisly from an evolutionary/God fearing view point...

Man and Woman have baby

Woman dies

Man needs to feed baby

Baby can't eat adult food

Man produces milk

Baby survives

Humanity continues.

Evolution:

Cave Dwelling Males without the ability to produce milk have their women die and thus their children die, and thus that sub-speices dies out.

God-Fearing:

God knew that Women could die/betray man and God (not my views just Genesis) and thus gave man the ability to produce milk so that he could be bountiful.

I suppose the gene could die out nowadays...

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

The King of Hearts is the one card committing suicide (the sword goes through his head).

Is there some kind of backstory for this?

Which is why it is frequently referred to as the Suicide King. He is also the only one with no moustache.

I've been reading a group of books all about these. It's called the Imponderables series, and is quite good.

Lol, maybe he got depressed since he can't grow a mustache and the others laughed at him?

Man and Woman have baby

Woman dies

Man needs to feed baby

Man produces milk

Baby survives

Humanity continues.

Evolution:

Cave Dwelling Males without the ability to produce milk have their women die and thus their children die, and thus that sub-speices dies out.

God-Fearing:

God knew that Women could die/betray man and God (not my views just Genesis) and thus gave man the ability to produce milk so that he could be bountiful.

Men can produce milk? :blink: I thought male nipples were purely vestigial :roll:

Man and Woman have baby

Woman dies

Man needs to feed baby

Man produces milk

Baby survives

Humanity continues.

Evolution:

God-Fearing:

Men can produce milk? :blink: I thought male nipples were purely vestigial :roll:

Same, I think male nipples are completely useless, I was confused by that post, thinking I was completely wrong lol. The only reason has been mentioned, genders are decided after nipples are added to the design of a foetus.

Our fins are added to our design but are then removed...Also our Jacob's Organ is developed during the first few months, then regresses...So I doubt the only reason is that we have grown them before our body decides which sex we are....

Added to that the body knows which sex it is from the off...Males have a Y chromosome, Females have all X chromosomes.

Since men have an underdeveloped mammary gland, the bit which swells the breasts, activating it is possible...Think I read an article somewhere about a Celtic tribe where the men looked after the children and thus produced the milk because all of the females had to be seperated from the male children at birth... Was rather interesting.

In any case it says in the article(The one in the first post) that men can produce milk...

Our fins are added to our design but are then removed...Also our Jacob's Organ is developed during the first few months, then regresses...So I doubt the only reason is that we have grown them before our body decides which sex we are....

Added to that the body knows which sex it is from the off...Males have a Y chromosome, Females have all X chromosomes.

Since men have an underdeveloped mammary gland, the bit which swells the breasts, activating it is possible...Think I read an article somewhere about a Celtic tribe where the men looked after the children and thus produced the milk because all of the females had to be seperated from the male children at birth... Was rather interesting.

In any case it says in the article(The one in the first post) that men can produce milk...

Men can produce milk at birth, but they lose that ability shortly thereafter.

guido_49.png

Lol, maybe he got depressed since he can't grow a mustache and the others laughed at him?

Yeah, that is a good possibility :lol: . And from what I have been able to find, there is no backstory for the suicidal appearance.

I think the only way to be sure is if one of us does it. Since I am defending I would no doubt be biased so obvoiusly can't be trusted to give accurate results so I can't do it.

Have fun=D

Also, for those wondering about the 'Suicide King'

king.gifking.gifking.gifking.gif

Due to bad copying the axe disappeared behind his head and then became a sword....

http://www.cs.manchester.ac.uk/~daf/i-p-c-s.org/faq/suicide.php

..Err.. Men would look silly without them?

Just think of it as having no nose, or three eyes, or.. :mellow:

But if the human race started with males having no nipples, or three eyes, then that wouldnt look weird.

Men having nipples would have looked weird.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

..Err.. Men would look silly without them?

Just think of it as having no nose, or three eyes, or.. :mellow:

But if the human race started with males having no nipples, or three eyes, then that wouldnt look weird.

Men having nipples would have looked weird.

I suppose. :P

Jimmyw, you'd either bleed like hell, or bleed like hell and get a scar. Your pick. :P