"kid, gtfo"

Gem

"kid, gtfo" is one of the things I hear everyday on RuneScape. I have been playing since 2004 and have been generally friendly and helpful to everyone I see having problems, though I always get abused.

My main account: nossmarine was banned in 2007, erased off the highscores with years of hard work. I started that account when I was young, immature and completely new to runescape. All those memorys and achievements lost due to a single event.

It was a Saturday and my friend asked me to help him with his clue scroll in the wilderness, since he has never really been in the wild before. I told him to get his best gear ready, And I'll do the same incase there is a pker. he said ok and dressed himself in guthans with a d-med and rune boots with a d scimmy. I dressed myself in my hybrid gear which was: ahrims hood, karils top, veracs skirt, rune c'bow, ancients staff, infinity boots, fury, some runes (about 500 of each) a whip and dds. At the time thats all I had, with 3.9mil in the bank, I had generally the majority of what I was worth in my inventory to help my friend with a clue scroll (we didn't know each other in real life, so I felt uncomfortable advertising fansites).

We got to the wildy and he followed me, because he previously game me the clue coordinates which I used on Zubez to find the location. We walked past the graveyard towards the chaos dwarves and my friend dug where I told him to, he started fighting the zamorak wizard and killed it, he then said thankyou and started attscking me, he did about 21 damage and said sorry, I didn't bother eating it and the next thing I know my mate is running north saying "lets get out of here" I typed "thats the wrong way" just as he went off my screen, so I ran north and found him and six people dancing, they all turned on me with ancients, range and some melee and I just lost nearly everything I had. My friend pm'ed me and said "no hard feelings, lol". So I pm'ed back, devastated because I just lost months of hard work. "[bleep] you wtf back stabbing *******"

The next time I saw him, he followed me and stared laughing, him and all his clan mates calling me noob saying how stupid I was, so I flamed back, the next thing I know a pmod comes up to us all, tells me to stop harrassing her friends and I tell her they were harrassing me. She told me not to lie, so I told her to 'eat' (eat isn't the word I used) her silver crown. Wooooooo, the next week I have a six day mute, so I logg off for two hours and log back into my account. I'm at the spot where they killed me, with all my cash in my inventory (the 3.9mil I had left). And my friend and his pmod friend killed me with binds and dds. The next day I'm banned for "macroing, offensive language, luring and abusing the report abuse system"

Thats when I quit RuneScape because of its crap community.

I occasionally play now, when I train I usually just click on a tree or something and browse the net. Whenever I'm at the GE theres always some noob pure saying:

Pure:"strength level?"

Random:"69"

Pure:"hahahaha your a joke"

Random:"defence level?"

Pure:"stfu def nub"

So I might quit fully and go play WoW, Apparently they have a better community. Or I might start a private server on RS classic.

Xfire

czvampire.png

Runescape

Her_Milk_yum.png

Sadly, this is the problem with having volunteers to try and police the game... You end up with "He said, she said" sort of problems... The P-Mod probably got told about all the awful things that you did (Imagined, mostly, I bet) and then when they asked her to report you (Because then Jagex would really listen!) she did, and then because the reports came from one of the most trusted players (P-Mod) Jagex probably did not bother looking at it much. While you could complain about this all day, there is not much you can do. Just remember that you should respect people, and stay out of the wilderness. Oh, and did I mention that it's a game? ;)

Best of luck with any future endeavors.

Ciao

If you want to know who I am, then just ask.

As a general rule of thumb, I believe that most humans are idiots.

Runescape players doubly so.

Sorry that your "friend" back stabbed you :(. I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me. I do know that how you dealt with this problem was the wrong approach, mouthing off at a pmod - one either corrupt or seriously mislead is never a good idea. It's like sky-diving without a parachute. Either you're foolish or you just didn't care. I don't know.

Though, in 2007, before the wilderness update, luring was against the rules, you were lured. Why didn't your report your friend or his friends? Sorry about the loss :(

I'm not sure if it helps, but I know this quote (MW2) "Live well, it is the greatest revenge" I can see why. For the enemy to know it didn't harm you in the least, would be ever so painful, and if not, well you still have a lot left.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

That is the exact reason why I don't help out anyone anymore.

Nobody in Runescape is to be trusted. Not even you.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I help people, but only when I know exactly what I'm doing and know the area/location.

The worst experience I've had was duo hybrids trying to kill me at DK's even though I was in there cc and me maging was pre-arranged.

Now if they had said hey Joe I fancy maging any chance of you hopping and going solo, I'd have most likely said give me a few kills and I'll hop. Instead they lure prime on me which failed as I'm pretty quick with prayers, they tried supreme( which I just switched to SGS and killed), never once asking or telling me to leave/hop.

The game like life is full of idiots as well as people who just want to profit themselves ignoring anyone who gets in there way.

Responsibility and respect is getting rarer and rarer both in in RS and real life.

I do things the way I'd like to be treated. If I say "1 more kill and I'll leave" when a team is about to crash I leave after the kill. If someone is desperately in need of a boss team mate I'll help out. If someone is doing something terribly wrong which is risking there (and others) items I'll tell them. Rarely do players return the favor, but when they do its all the better.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Yeah, most of the people in runescape are idiots, and you have to look hard to find a good community. I mean, just lurking around TIF, the runescape-related boards I'd say have at least a 3:1 idiot/elitist douchebag:decent person ratio. There are so many people that think it's funny to intentionally mis-spell words, to kiss up to the people they respect and ruthlessly flame anyone they disagree with. But hey, they're all angsty teenagers, and the day they mature and realize what a terrible thing runescape is they turn around and leave, either to do something better with their life or to play another MMORPG but with a more mature community.

I mean, just take a look at some of the threads in Rate This. There are so many people here who get satisfaction from being douches, just so other douches can view them as hardcore badasses.

God, I'm pretty grumpy today. I should go take a nap.

Edit: For some examples of this behavior, see: some of the comments in this thread.

wl7w9j.png

The 'so-called' community doesn't exist, maybe a couple of friends you know for a long time/ haven't quit and elite enough to form a clan.

Off-topic but I think you can have your account back by posting your rsn on one of the rsof threads, I forgot what it is called "account review thread" Anyway I'll help you post on it, consider it a free gift.

Edit: It is currently closed :/ I can't find the QFC BUT you can find it manually.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

Haha, bit too far? I've been asked once by an in game friend to help him PK because he wasn't very good at it(before 07 update). He said 'take your best armor, I don't want you to die and leave me alone.' I replied with a nervous lol, and said maybe some other day.

But not trusting anyone? It seems too far, but when I think about it, I really don't trust people in Runescape(except irl friends).Even the seemingly nice ones. I try to be nice and generous in Runescape too; I wonder if anyone is cynical of me. dry.gif

So I might quit fully and go play WoW, Apparently they have a better community. Or I might start a private server on RS classic.

I don't know how much you've played WoW, but I will say that IMO its vastly superior of a game in most terms. The combat system is made to actually facilitate player interaction, as well as being oriented much more heavily towards skill than luck (I'm looking at YOU 0,0,0,0,0,0,28,4,0,0,0 damage sequence!). There is a immense amount of different weapons and armor to get, which is expanded on a much more consistent basis, on top of the fact that you don't lose armor or weapons when you die.

That being said the "community" is not better than RS. In fact the "community" of any game is going to be about the same across the board. There will be elitist jerks (no pun intended towards the best theorycrafting website out there on class mechanics), there will be ignorant douche bags, there will be scrubs who suck, and there will be nice people who vary in skill levels. If anything because WoW is based so much more on skill it ends up actually fostering the elitist attitude of people (unfortunately I am one of the elitist jerks in WoW...). The trick with WoW and just about every other game that you interact with other people in is to find a group of people that are of a similar mindset as you and limit your interaction with everyone else as much as possible.

What I'm saying is don't switch games because you think one may have a better community, because the community is only going to be as good as the people you choose to interact with. Choose based on what game is more fun to waste your time playing (because really playing games is a waste of time unless you're in the top 1% of people like Ensidia that gets sponsored to play). If repeating mindnumbingly boring tasks over and over again in an effort to grind out 13 million exp to max out just one skill, and a combat system based primarily on repeating the number zero is fun for you, then play RS.

If you want a game that takes a large amount of skill, and a lot of time to research and learn how to play your class with skill, as well as having multidimensional outlets for what you spend your time doing (such as 5 man dungeons, raids, achievements, skills, questing, making gold, having a legitimate guild system, and to top it off 10 classes each with 3 different talent tree's leading to several different playstyles) then play WoW.

Note:

I personally switch on and off between the two games cuz sometimes I enjoy how relaxing RS can be.

Also if you play WoW you damn well better be Horde on the server illidan. \:D/

And I am sorry about your friend being a douche bag and you getting banned. I have "quit" RS several times cuz of dealing with idiots. You can live life drawing pleasure from the fact that while they are celebrating their pixels and pumping gas to make a living, you're going to have a high paying job and your integrity.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

I don't know how much you've played WoW, but I will say that IMO its vastly superior of a game in most terms. The combat system is made to actually facilitate player interaction, as well as being oriented much more heavily towards skill than luck (I'm looking at YOU 0,0,0,0,0,0,28,4,0,0,0 damage sequence!). There is a immense amount of different weapons and armor to get, which is expanded on a much more consistent basis, on top of the fact that you don't lose armor or weapons when you die.

That being said the "community" is not better than RS. In fact the "community" of any game is going to be about the same across the board. There will be elitist jerks (no pun intended towards the best theorycrafting website out there on class mechanics), there will be ignorant douche bags, there will be scrubs who suck, and there will be nice people who vary in skill levels. If anything because WoW is based so much more on skill it ends up actually fostering the elitist attitude of people (unfortunately I am one of the elitist jerks in WoW...). The trick with WoW and just about every other game that you interact with other people in is to find a group of people that are of a similar mindset as you and limit your interaction with everyone else as much as possible.

What I'm saying is don't switch games because you think one may have a better community, because the community is only going to be as good as the people you choose to interact with. Choose based on what game is more fun to waste your time playing (because really playing games is a waste of time unless you're in the top 1% of people like Ensidia that gets sponsored to play). If repeating mindnumbingly boring tasks over and over again in an effort to grind out 13 million exp to max out just one skill, and a combat system based primarily on repeating the number zero is fun for you, then play RS.

If you want a game that takes a large amount of skill, and a lot of time to research and learn how to play your class with skill, as well as having multidimensional outlets for what you spend your time doing (such as 5 man dungeons, raids, achievements, skills, questing, making gold, having a legitimate guild system, and to top it off 10 classes each with 3 different talent tree's leading to several different playstyles) then play WoW.

Note:

I personally switch on and off between the two games cuz sometimes I enjoy how relaxing RS can be.

And I am sorry about your friend being a douche bag and you getting banned. I have "quit" RS several times cuz of dealing with idiots. You can live life drawing pleasure from the fact that while they are celebrating their pixels and pumping gas to make a living, you're going to have a high paying job and your integrity.

Thanks for your opinion, and I have played WoW before, just never really bothered to get involved with the 'community'.

Xfire

czvampire.png

Runescape

Her_Milk_yum.png

Guess it's good to be suspicious by nature...

Looks like you were really unlucky that those [wagon] somehow had a PMod friend who happened to come by and ban you...

Power corrupts - that's why I feel it's unnecessary to have a PMod system. I would rather Jagex just get more JMods to patrol around and such.

-----

Anyway, I don't understand why you chased after your friend when he had backstabbed you. You should have just left immediately, or teleported off.

Guess it's good to be suspicious by nature...

Looks like you were really unlucky that those [wagon] somehow had a PMod friend who happened to come by and ban you...

Power corrupts - that's why I feel it's unnecessary to have a PMod system. I would rather Jagex just get more JMods to patrol around and such.

-----

Anyway, I don't understand why you chased after your friend when he had backstabbed you. You should have just left immediately, or teleported off.

He is kind of noob to the game, and always had trouble using the compass, I'd say varrock is north once and he went to draynor somehow O_O. You can't tele from that area in the wild and I thought he did it by accident, hence the one hit he inflicted on me before saying sorry.

Xfire

czvampire.png

Runescape

Her_Milk_yum.png

Note:

WoW's just as unbalanced, i was a 2800 in all 3 teams shaman and uve got no idea how amazingly fast id get raped ( resto aswell, not even ele ) im talking in under 1 second, that doesnt happen with rs unless its 5v1 and u dont use protection prayers or just get rnged down, i can last vs 5 player spam eating for at least 10-15 secs, in wow 2 players in 3 seasons worse gear can ruin u in seconds because ur not a pala

oXmutilateXo.png

gtfo kid

god u annoy me so much, sunday dm me, if u lose u have to be nice forever! and if i lose ill never post here again ?

why would I dm if i could just look for you and rush your [wagon]?

lool challenged to a legit fight and [kitty]ed out - well done you;ve just become the sterotype of all rushers :D

oXmutilateXo.png

WoW's just as unbalanced, i was a 2800 in all 3 teams shaman and uve got no idea how amazingly fast id get raped ( resto aswell, not even ele ) im talking in under 1 second, that doesnt happen with rs unless its 5v1 and u dont use protection prayers or just get rnged down, i can last vs 5 player spam eating for at least 10-15 secs, in wow 2 players in 3 seasons worse gear can ruin u in seconds because ur not a pala

Agreed. And just as an aside, I think the RS combat system is a lot more "realistic" (if you can call any combat system truly realistic). In WoW you rarely ever miss unless you're like, really, really lower level than your opponent. In RS you miss a lot. Which is a bit more realistic, because in swordfights you aren't damaging your opponent with every swing of your sword unless you're a lot better than them. And even then they may still manage to block some of it. Sure it can be a bit frustrating when you 0-0-0-0-0-0 etc, but it evens out.

To the OP, I agree with the originator of this particular quote chain; I wouldn't quit RS for WoW entirely based on the community. If you don't find the game fun, fine. That's different. But out of all the games I've ever played the people didn't ever really change, with only one exception, "A Tale in the Desert" which had mostly mature players. But there was a reason for that. There is no combat in that game, and it can be very mind numbingly boring. Thus why it attracted a more mature crowd. I imagine if it ever adopted some kind of combat system the floodgates would open to a myriad of immature players just like you find in both RS, WoW, etc.

Agreed. And just as an aside, I think the RS combat system is a lot more "realistic" (if you can call any combat system truly realistic). In WoW you rarely ever miss unless you're like, really, really lower level than your opponent. In RS you miss a lot. Which is a bit more realistic, because in swordfights you aren't damaging your opponent with every swing of your sword unless you're a lot better than them. And even then they may still manage to block some of it. Sure it can be a bit frustrating when you 0-0-0-0-0-0 etc, but it evens out.

To the OP, I agree with the originator of this particular quote chain; I wouldn't quit RS for WoW entirely based on the community. If you don't find the game fun, fine. That's different. But out of all the games I've ever played the people didn't ever really change, with only one exception, "A Tale in the Desert" which had mostly mature players. But there was a reason for that. There is no combat in that game, and it can be very mind numbingly boring. Thus why it attracted a more mature crowd. I imagine if it ever adopted some kind of combat system the floodgates would open to a myriad of immature players just like you find in both RS, WoW, etc.

WoW was based totally around have a team of healers, damage was about 8k every 1.5 secs and u could combo up to 20k, bareing in mind ppl had 23-24k hp thats what [bleep]ed it up for me, community is better because of one simple thing tho

SKYPE/VENTRILO

with people actively using this it creates closeness between players that cant be achived by simple typing.

RS combat system is flawed in the fact that is RNG , meaning u can go from 0 0 0 0 67 61 with little to no warning, however that can be also seen as more exciting, skill cap is low in rs but to change that would TOTALLY redesign the game in nearly every aspect, something that would be looked upon skeptically ( and rightly so ) at the end of the day simple ui changes could increase skill cap rather than just '' the battle of the dextrous'' that it is now.

oXmutilateXo.png

shame you got bsed - its [cabbage] when someone turns your trust around and [bleep]s you over

just gotta take it on the chin pal :|

And then follow it with a knee to their stomach, and their head being driven into said knee.

Frankly, I'm calling BS on half this story.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Haha, bit too far? I've been asked once by an in game friend to help him PK because he wasn't very good at it(before 07 update). He said 'take your best armor, I don't want you to die and leave me alone.' I replied with a nervous lol, and said maybe some other day.

But not trusting anyone? It seems too far, but when I think about it, I really don't trust people in Runescape(except irl friends).Even the seemingly nice ones. I try to be nice and generous in Runescape too; I wonder if anyone is cynical of me. dry.gif

I thought over it, and yeah I guess so. There are quests like the Shield of Arrav which require a partnership, and you would only add good people on your friend list (hence that is why it is called a "friend list").

I'm just overreacting, due to the large amount of rants regarding player behavior. I'm just getting sick of them. :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

All pmods are corrupt and abuse their power, and this is a classic case of p-mod abuse. Many p-mods are known to abuse their power. Say one bad thing about them, and the Gestapo will be all over your [wagon]. What happened is that you were muted and the corrupt p-mod friend submitted you to the Botter list on the Moderator forums. Since we all know the majority of Jagex staff are mindless idiots, you were banned.