Manifest Destiny

Retech

The Agrius begin decending, before getting caught up in an ocean current. They are taken a mile from their previous location (which is really really far for them), and find a new area. You see a group of narwhal-plankton hunting nearby.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Microb Bob succeeds in founding a new religion, though without writing or speech, getting the message out is difficult. It's hard to even tell whether your microbes can hear, but they follow you around anyways.

+0.2 Zealotry

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Steve and his microbes gorge themselves on the wavy green stuff and become fat. Fortunately, the side effects aren't too bad.

+0.6 Gluttony

The scouts return with good news. The Narwhal-Plankton are friendly. They've agreed to join your pack. (5 of them, they're strong fighters)

+0.3 Friendlyness

Microb Bob begins development of a new communication method more akin to that of animals in the wild than human language. Perhaps this is one of the paths to evolution?

+0.3 Intelligence

Tragedy! Steve and his pack begins mitosis, but in the middle they discover a fatal flaw. Though most of them succeed, half of them die in the process. (100 Microbes again) Strangely, the most fat are the ones which survive, strengthening that trait.

+0.4 Gluttony

Just to make sure that you are keeping a record?

Anyway with the communication problem sorted out Microb Bob and co try to anaylse the other bacteria, the ones hiding near the poison gland.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Unfortunately the communication system is not nearly that sophisticated to transmit scientific information. However, the group manages to remove and examine one of the bacteria near the poison glands. It turns out that the bacteria are harmful to the health of the fish. They've been infecting the digestive tract all along!

(I am keeping track)

Steve begins his dance. The other members of his group laugh at him. Meanwhile, the fat members gouge on more food and try to undergo mitosis again, but discover that the same fatal error has occured (rolled a 3). The same thing happens before, with 100 fat microbes remaining. Your microbes have surpassed a level of gluttony, akin to the first five years that McDonalds existed on the Earth.

+0.4 Gluttony

Unfortunately the Narwhal Plankton are too evolutionarily superior/different for you to undergo meiosis with them. The plankton begin to feel hungry and ask for something to eat.

Your group succeeds in dazing the bacteria with light. Unfortunately, it is found that they are too poisonous to be eaten.

+0.2 Glowing Skill

Agrius creates another poison field, though nothing seems to be dying from it except the Narwhals. It seems that the field won't move, but the Narwhals starts swimming towards the surface.

+0.2 Poison

Microb Bob and co nibble a bit of the bit beast near the poison gland, hopefully developing some posion resistance(since the gland and surrounding tissue will be resistant....

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

-Micro Bob

You find that your poison resistance has not increased, because luckily the poison gland isn't too connected to the rest of the muscle. The poison will slowly increase in your body, increasing resistance. However, you find the meat on the sides of the beast seem good for eating.

-Agrius

Agrius finds a heavily traversed path through some rocks. The beasts that died from the poison fields before fall into the water, never to be seen again.

+0.1 Poison

-Steve

(Another bad roll) Your people mitosize and die off, leaving you with 100 fatter microbes.

+0.2 Gluttony

-Microb

The pack follows the leadership of Microb Bob and takes sparingly from the walls of the beast. They eat enough so that they can mitosize, but not too fat.

+0.3 Intelligence