Battlefield Discussion Thread

PoorLepRecon

Is that... a T-Rex head? Or a hippo head? :huh:

It's a hippo head.

Trololololo

I would very much enjoy a Jurassic Deathmatch mode of some sort. Mite b cool.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Riding dinos instead of vehicles. That'd be awesome.

Unless it ends up being like Dino D-Day... :???:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

How Long is Battlefield 3's Single-Player Campaign?

It's slightly longer than MW2's, according to lead designer David Goldfarb.

August 31, 2011

by Colin Campbell

David Goldfarb, lead designer of Battlefield 3 has been talking about the game's single-player campaign, and facing questions on the shooter's length.

A VG247 interviewer said that he had spent six hours playing through 2009's Modern Warfare 2's single-player campaign, and asked if Battlefield 3 would be longer. Goldfarb replied, "I'd say it was probably slightly more than that. Based on our play-times it's probably more than that, but it's not twice as long. But, again, we'll see. When you play it on hard difficulty, it'll take a lot more time. It's all about making sure the experience is as awesome as possible. I'd rather have six hours of awesome than 12 hours of 'meh'."

He added that the company was aware that some players would want to go back and play the single-player campaign, rather than just playing multiplayer. "I think we have some pretty cool achievements that people will want to go back and get," he said. "It's not like an RPG in that way, but we have tried to incentivize people to come back and play on different difficulties, and so on."

Goldfarb also addressed the game's story-mode, and the political situations it would cover. Battlefield 3 is set in a modern-day Middle East combat setting, but developer DICE and publisher EA say they want to avoid "demonizing" any population groups.

He said, "It's not about religions, or populations of people and it's not about countries. It is fiction, and…we have to be very cautious about what it suggests because people will take it in a certain way. We're really trying to make it feel real, but at the same time we have an obligation to not demonize people or places, and I think that's something that's really important to us."

From IGN.com

:thumbup:

ALSO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt_Dj4-RJu4

If DICE can manage to pull that off it would be pretty amazing, although people being influenced by what groups appear in a game is a bad thing. Especially if they're Russians speaking No Russian, only bad things come from those people.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• 2 weeks later...
EA Has "No Plans to Charge" For Battlelog

Publisher says it will not follow Activision's lead.

Australia, September 6, 2011

by Luke Reilly

Battlelog, the free social service EA is launching for Battlefield 3, forms a key part of EA's strategy to leverage gamers away from Call of Duty and Activision's own social service, Call of Duty Elite.

Earlier today an analyst note from investment firm Wedbush Securities proposed EA may copy Activision and introduce a premium version of Battlelog: "Although Battlelog and non-premium Elite memberships are free and offer many similar features, we think that many hard core Call of Duty gamers will opt for premium Elite, particularly if the total DLC spend for Battlefield 3 is expected to exceed $50. Ultimately, we expect Electronic Arts to emulate Activision and charge for Battlelog by including map packs with the service for a $50 fee."

Wedbush believes that Call of Duty Elite should generate roughly $50 million in revenue during 2012.

IndustryGamers has already reached out to EA for comment. The publisher has responded to the speculation and provided confirmation that, for Battlefield 3 at least, Battlelog will remain free.

"We have no plans to charge for this service with Battlefield 3," reads EA's statement. "The Battlefield series has always been about playing with friends, and Battlelog takes that experience to the next level by serving as a unique social network."

IGN.com

Just goes to show how much Activision is just trying to milk as much money out of CoD players as they can...

"You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm."

cool

"If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it."

good and bad i suppose

"If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before it’s about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow."

thank god

"If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before its about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow."

thank god

I hear ya. :thumbup:

I have to wonder though, will there be M-COM stations in buildings? One of the cheapest tactics ever was to just destroy the building for an insta-kill in BC2. I hope that isn't the case this time. Maybe put the station in a courtyard or something, with no roof. That way it can be "in" a building, but not destroyable by Demolition 2.0.

I have to wonder though, will there be M-COM stations in buildings? One of the cheapest tactics ever was to just destroy the building for an insta-kill in BC2. I hope that isn't the case this time. Maybe put the station in a courtyard or something, with no roof. That way it can be "in" a building, but not destroyable by Demolition 2.0.

This is why I mainly played conquest. Was very annoying to try and defend not only the M-COM but the building as well.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Any word on the release of the beta?

September 29th to October 10th.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

People with MoH get early access on the 27th, everybody else on earth can play the beta the 29th. Simple as that.

Thought they said if you pre-order on origin (PC) you get access on the 27th as well.

Found this on IGN. There is some other info about games but it does discuss the 'beta' for BF3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDpU1XyDkb4

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]