PLZ remove/Fix Soul Wars

shinedownkid

I'm sorry if their is a previous thread of this subject matter, as well im sorry toward those who would argue against this topic.

But honestly, Soul Wars Ruined the game in terms of Melee Combat relations.

I'm getting sick and tired of seeing like level 40s With attack and Str capes and 27s with Defence capes

Not to mention the cream of the crop, Level 3's with Slayer capes.

it's just majorly ridiculous at to even put this mini game in in the first place, it's not as if it's hard to get your melee's to 99 normally. It's just like everything else, it takes time, and patience.

but with this minigame it allows lower levels to pretty much breeze through nearly all the combat based skills without really putting in the time and effort that SHOULD be put in. it just disgraces the players whom have gotten these 99s through sheer time and effort, and they have these guys just really having to sit in 1 spot and heal people and they'll get 1-9k worth of experience on these melees.

I'm sorry but yeah, it's partially why i choose not to wear my Str or Atk capes anymore, their pretty much Not respected in my view anymore.

i credit those people for gettin theirs to 99, but i dont respect them for not doing it the way it was intended.

i believe they should really just put a combat limitation on the mini game, so people use it for the proper purpose, rather than those "pures" who just use it to show off that they can get 99 with a bunch of other level 1 combat levels then go off to F2p pvping to abuse this gain to achieve easy victories against same combat lev persons but whom dont have 99 in anything.

Rucky.png

I personally agree with what you said for the most part, but there are other solutions other than removing Soul Wars altogether.

They can just simply make a major nerf on the rewards.

Also, ALL capes are respectable. I hate it when people say crap like "noob cape", because a 99 is a 99, and 99's will ALWAYS be awesome.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

i agree with the 99's part sonic, as they did get the 99 you gotta congratulate them for hangin in there through all those rounds, but i really don't give them AS much credit only because they didn't achieve it through the means of how it originally was intended.

between a guy/girl who fought monsters for every experience point, vs a Soul warer, I'm surely going to congratulate and give more respect to the person who fought monsters all the way over the other person.

maybe i went to far in saying remove it, maybe i should have suggested a means as maybe Envoke a combat level restriction or total level minimum to play so that it really does limit those whom are just using it as a means to keep there cb levels low so they can go misuse it in f2p to get cheap PvP wins against other low levels whom clearly will have lower combat stats.

Rucky.png

The only time i will probably use zeals is when i have done Nomads requiem.

Removing the minigame would make forums explode with rants.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Question:

Is that level 25 with a defense cape going to be directly competing with you for resources (read: monsters and boss monsters)?

No. Let them be. They have cool capes. Otherwise, they're mostly useless accounts.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Eh.... looks like a troll thread to me. Seriously, no one really should give a damn about other people with say, a strength cape at level 20. Unless someone is directly fighting against your resources or monster, who really cares? Sick and tired? Lol

Don't see the harm they are doing to Runescape, they have to invest much more time aka effort to get the capes and the accounts are useless anyway.

I would rather Jagex fix the clan situation than trying to screw over people trying to fool around with their time.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

'i need the respect of that 14 year old kid from denmark to validate my own pitiful existence'

It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car.

Who cares WHERE people get their stats from - Monster killing, PC, SW, eBay - It's what you DO with your stats that proves your ability.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Getting 99 at soulwars takes much longer than training with traditional methods. So just know that they wasted all that time playing a boring minigame.

Melee capes have never solicited the "omfg nice cape" response. Not that it matters anyway, this is a GAME, not a popularity contest.

Do you know that it takes 9,000 - 10,000 zeal to obtain a Slayer cape? Even if you get an amazing 9 zeal an hour it STILL comes out to be 1,111 hours of Soul Wars, You'd average about 12k Slayer XP an hour from Soul Wars. If you get a average 6 zeal an hour it would take 1,600 hours which is 7.8k slayer XP an hour. Keep in mind you can average about three times that all while training melee, range and magic.

Now on to Attack, Strength, Defence, HP, Range and Magic.

It takes approximately 2,500 Zeal to get 1-99 an any of those given stats. Again if you get an amazing, unheard of, 9 zeal an hour it would take about 278 hours to obtain a single 99. Meaning you'd average 46k XP an hour. You can get up to 70k - 100k an hour with decent stats using various methods.

As for 6 zeal an hour, 416 hours, average 31k XP an hour. You can get more with AFKing at bandits...

And you think it's easy to obtain all those zeals? Have you ACTUALLY played Soul Wars for more then a couple hours?

it just disgraces the players whom have gotten these 99s through sheer time and effort

As I just proved it takes LONGER, much LONGER while getting a prefect 9 zeal an hour 100% of the time, if anyone deserves more credit it the people who spent longer to get the 99.

~ Captainkidd

^^

I've played Soul wars, i in Fact HATE that mini game for the facts i put mention in the Original Post

do you honestly think you slightly AFKing on monsters is less than AFKing in Soul Wars

the point your not getting is in Soul wars you:

a) dont need any food

B) if you die you dont lose anything

c) if you do fight your getting the xp you would normally + the account for the zeals you receive

so do you honestly believe soul wars is a legitimate way to up your combats? No.

Unless your like myself, whom did his Atk and Str the way it was originally placed, along with 0 Potting and 0 minigames (did soul wars on range for a couple hours) i wouldn't expect you to understand where i am coming from with this.

So really What you all Respond with is generally one sided and pretty much your opinion is null & void.

Rucky.png

^^

I've played Soul wars, i in Fact HATE that mini game for the facts i put mention in the Original Post

do you honestly think you slightly AFKing on monsters is less than AFKing in Soul Wars

the point your not getting is in Soul wars you:

a) dont need any food

Guthans. SGS. Bunyip/titan/unicorn. Food is pretty much obsolete the higher your level gets, as far as training goes.

B) if you die you dont lose anything

Just like every other minigame. Let's be honest here, that;'s a ridiculous point to make, because dying is very hard to do unless you do something stupid or you're trying to die.

Plus you get 6+ minutes to get back to your grave, which is more than enough for most training spots

c) if you do fight your getting the xp you would normally + the account for the zeals you receive

Again, the point of the game. You get a small reward for wasting 20 minutes of your life.

so do you honestly believe soul wars is a legitimate way to up your combats? No.

But then why are the rewards combat based? It's not cheating to get your combats up unless you rig the games because the experience is the legitimate reward. It's honestly better than the many afk techniques that are out there. And it's SLOWER.

Unless your like myself, whom did his Atk and Str the way it was originally placed, along with 0 Potting and 0 minigames (did soul wars on range for a couple hours) i wouldn't expect you to understand where i am coming from with this.

So, you're spiteful that you did it the hard way when other people did it the "easy" way.

The only soul wars I did were a couple of games, after which I gambled the points in, and the reward for Nomad's Requiem. I don't see a problem with it because it's an incredibly tedious way to train that's twice as slow as slayer training at its worst. The people who do it only are the ones that have high level accounts, little to no lives, and want to start a new one to get a crazy character build without training Hitpoints. Which is pretty much the same thing as what pures do daily.

Hell, it's less AFKable than bandits because you still have to check back every 5 minutes.

So really What you all Respond with is generally one sided and pretty much your opinion is null & void.

But yours is equally biased. You expect people to take you seriously when you end a post like this? You sound like a little kid that failed a logic class.

This is part of the reason I stopped visiting rants.

Yoour saying my opinion is biased?

look at your clan, you expect me to subject to your responses to this as your a "skiller", of course your going to be against what i am saying because all you skillers do is look for the easiest ways to get through things just because your combat is so low and you die in 1 hit by nearly anything when trying to get to area's you knwo you shouldnt be in.

i also referred to when dying you lose your items because the previous psoter above mine was saying AFKing normally is less than AFKing in soul wars, in Soul wars you DONT have to fight a thing, that's the point im trying to make, you can just sit there and Heal other people and let the rest of your team do the work, but when you have 10 or so odd skillers or 10 hp pures, that just makes no sense and again is disgraceful to the entirety of the soul meaning behind the word "Combating".

Personally i don't see how my opinion is biased as I've experienced both sides of the table, playing soul wars and getting a 99 without the use of the mini game. whereas most the responses in here other than my own are blatantly from people whom have used soul wars multiple times to ease their way to higher levels that they possibly didnt have to do anything at all, now does that mean all people didn't fight in soul wars, No.

The argument is mainly adressed at the players whom sit in there, Fight absolutely NOTHING, yet still can obtain levels for doing it. and that's something your not realising what i'm trying to say and your just believing that i am attacking All levels of characters which i am not. but those whom basically take out the integrity of combating in it's whole genre.

That is why i made the thread, to signify that point, but all i'm getting is people thinking I'm jealous basically, of what these people accomplish.

Rucky.png

look at your clan, you expect me to subject to your responses to this as your a "skiller", of course your going to be against what i am saying because all you skillers do is look for the easiest ways to get through things just because your combat is so low and you die in 1 hit by nearly anything when trying to get to area's you knwo you shouldnt be in.

Yes, that's totally how I finished Nomad's Requiem without using safespots. Check the adventurer's log or something, I've got like 114 combat.

Even then the entire premise of skiller accounts is to see just how far you can get without combat. That makes it harder because pretty much everything worth getting in this game is combat based. Such as the Nomad's Requiem quest...

i also referred to when dying you lose your items because the previous psoter above mine was saying AFKing normally is less than AFKing in soul wars, in Soul wars you DONT have to fight a thing, that's the point im trying to make, you can just sit there and Heal other people and let the rest of your team do the work, but when you have 10 or so odd skillers or 10 hp pures, that just makes no sense and again is disgraceful to the entirety of the soul meaning behind the word "Combating".

Actually you do have to fight things, they fixed that this week. Healing someone with full health doesn't work any more.

Personally i don't see how my opinion is biased as I've experienced both sides of the table, playing soul wars and getting a 99 without the use of the mini game. whereas most the responses in here other than my own are blatantly from people whom have used soul wars multiple times to ease their way to higher levels that they possibly didnt have to do anything at all, now does that mean all people didn't fight in soul wars, No.

...What?

The argument is mainly adressed at the players whom sit in there, Fight absolutely NOTHING, yet still can obtain levels for doing it. and that's something your not realising what i'm trying to say and your just believing that i am attacking All levels of characters which i am not. but those whom basically take out the integrity of combating in it's whole genre.

As stated before, Jagex did fix it this week.

Still, people said the same thing about PC when it was out.

Seriously though, why care about what others do? It isn't like it's ruining the fun for you, unless the fun for you is in status, in which case I have to ask why you're playing a game for that.

That is why i made the thread, to signify that point, but all i'm getting is people thinking I'm jealous basically, of what these people accomplish.

Because that's what it seems like. You are putting so much effort into bashing others who levelled the easier way when you should have been playing the game to get your own levels.

So your reason for protesting is because

1) Soul wars remove the danger from combat training.

2) They are doing absolutely nothing to obtain experience while you have to actually kill things to get exp.

3) It is cheap since no food is needed.

I believe number 1 and number 2 can be merged together, because the thing you are losing when you die is of course money and time. Since gear/food both cost money and time, I think they can be grouped together, so we come down with the two reasons.

1) It is cheap to train in soul wars

2) They do not have to anything at all to get exp but you have to actually fight to receive experience.

Number one can be easily ignored because of the fact it is not, it is very very expensive to train in Soul Wars because of opportunity cost. Captainkidd has proved it takes much longer to receive experience using Soul Wars even under optimum/unrealistic exp rate. The players using SW to train are wasting a large amount of time, the time which can be used to make money. So can you see how much they are losing by playing SW? Food/gear is basically money and time, and those two are something the SW players are wasting on. To be honest, the danger in training is nonexistant these days, I can afk at armour zombies and check back every 5 minutes or so to check out my loot.

Reason number two can disproved as well. Now if the exp at SW is the similar to actively training, then yes I would have a problem with that, but it is not. You have put in more efffort into training while others put in little. The more effort you put in the better you become, and it holds true in this case. Because of the fact you have put in more effort in playing, you receive more benefit while the ones using SW receive little. I can compare this to training range chinning at Skeleton monkeys and training with bronze knives at yaks. The former is gaining much more amount of exp because they have put in large amount of effort into making the millions required to buy the gear/chins and risk the danger of death. The latter has a much lower exp rate because the effort put in is tiny, there is absolutely no danger training at yaks and the cost is small. The amount of effort you put in is directly proportional to how much you are getting out of it. So why do you still care if others decide to use a much slower way to train? Your account is still better than theirs.

Edit:Not proof read, please excuse any grammar error or logical fallacy.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

The first thing I noticed was, that you used "yoour" instead "you're" which constitutes an instead fail in my book. Second of all, You're attacking a_local_guy without any evidence to back up your claims. Third, your I's aren't capitalized and you said personally which is a no no. Again in the third 'paragraph' you make claims without any evidence to support them. Finally your last sentence makes me laugh, do you have any 99's in attack, strength, defence, or slayer that you got 'fairly'? I sure don't, but that's why I'm not the one who made this rant.

If you want to make a strong argument, good grammar and spelling are necessities .

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

The first thing I noticed was, that you used "yoour" instead "you're" which constitutes an instead fail in my book. Second of all, You're attacking a_local_guy without any evidence to back up your claims. Third, your I's aren't capitalized and you said personally which is a no no. Again in the third 'paragraph' you make claims without any evidence to support them. Finally your last sentence makes me laugh, do you have any 99's in attack, strength, defence, or slayer that you got 'fairly'? I sure don't, but that's why I'm not the one who made this rant.

If you want to make a strong argument, good grammar and spelling are necessities .

I'd like to rant on cabbage like this, please.

Chill man. You can read it just fine. So you can understand what is being said. So the message gets through. And gosh darn there is no need of proof here, it's one of the major topics of the forums. You, infact, may need to dispute it.

Not that I agree in any way with the person, but you're not really helping.