Visage..... Now what?

Ezkaton

Ok..... so.... I'm still currently shaking..... just put the pictures into paint to see the drop screen again, checked my adventurer log to see that it was actually mine and that I'm not dreaming..... Still got it in bank every time I log in..... So..... Now what do I do with my Visage that a got on my iron task? It'll give me 34m or a free DFS should I choose, but the free DFS is pointless as I already have one..... So selling it? But then that'll give me 34m, ontop of my 17m cashpile atm...... Now what should I do? Speaking to people like draz and MHL it seems that consensus is buy Bandos for slayer..... but I dunno..... What do you people think I should do with 50M+? 99 smithing? Bandos? whatever, suggestions please, because my brain is too addled to think atm.

<3

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

You could invest it in merchanting and turn that 50m into well over 200m within a months time.

If you're looking to SPEND it, buy Bandos and get maxed melee, then sell the Bandos and buy prayer levels.

Buy at least 71 prayer so you can use the deflect mellee curse, spend the rest getting a decent herb level.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

I'd definately get my pray and herblore up if I were u...

The 50m should get u L75 pray or so and alot of herb levels.

I'm also longing for those extreme cb pots :D

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

50m for a couple of prayer levels doesn't particularly attract me, and herblore has absolutely no use to me until I'm level 80 something, or something silly like that...... I've been trying to work out how bandos is useful in slayer, but I'm still at a loss.... All it does is look good...... :S

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

You mentioned that you found the visage fighting iron dragons. Why not level up herblore to get some super antifires? You'll be at awe at how much faster iron and even steel dragons are when you're wielding a defender or zammy spear. You don't even need to get the full lvl 85 herblore, just get to lvl 80 and try stock up with spicy curry!

Or you can go ancient crazy in castlewar.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

You mentioned that you found the visage fighting iron dragons. Why not level up herblore to get some super antifires? You'll be at awe at how much faster iron and even steel dragons are when you're wielding a defender or zammy spear. You don't even need to get the full lvl 85 herblore, just get to lvl 80 and try stock up with spicy curry!

Yea I got it 16 dragons into a 67 iron task in kura dungeon, and hmm :/ everyone does seem to say get 80 or so Herb with it...... but surely from 45 that's an impossible thing?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Sell the visage and the dfs and get 85+ herblore. Superantifires make the DFS pretty much useless, and a rune defender is better in almost every occasion. Also, at 87 or 88 you can start using greenman's ales for extreme attacks and strengths, which are VERY good.

lalalasig2.png

Sell the visage and the dfs and get 85+ herblore. Superantifires make the DFS pretty much useless, and a rune defender is better in almost every occasion. Also, at 87 or 88 you can start using greenman's ales for extreme attacks and strengths, which are VERY good.

Would it be possible? And really? :( Is it actually worth it that much?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Visage + dfs -> 68m. Say you buy a bss to replace the dfs, would give you 60m to play with.

Super attack potions are 25 gp/xp atm, so you would be able to get 82-83 herb with the 60m. A few mill more would get you 85.

That would leave you with super antifires which are pretty useful, and the bss is about as good as your dfs.

Also, if you ever make some more money, you can get 88/90 herb for extreme potions which are AWESOME. So yeah I agree with selling both and using the money on herblore.

Providing you already have most useful equipment like barrows stuff etc, if you don't buy that first then make a bit more money so you have ~70m to waste on herblore.

2dvjurb.png

50m for a couple of prayer levels doesn't particularly attract me, and herblore has absolutely no use to me until I'm level 80 something, or something silly like that...... I've been trying to work out how bandos is useful in slayer, but I'm still at a loss.... All it does is look good...... :S

Yep, Bandos is totally unneeded for slayer. It's nice if you have an extra 50m lying around (I mean if you have like 200m+ in total) but otherwise you are prefectly fine with barrows and proselyte armour.

Visage + dfs -> 68m. Say you buy a bss to replace the dfs, would give you 60m to play with.

Super attack potions are 25 gp/xp atm, so you would be able to get 82-83 herb with the 60m. A few mill more would get you 85.

That would leave you with super antifires which are pretty useful, and the bss is about as good as your dfs.

Also, if you ever make some more money, you can get 88/90 herb for extreme potions which are AWESOME. So yeah I agree with selling both and using the money on herblore.

Providing you already have most useful equipment like barrows stuff etc, if you don't buy that first then make a bit more money so you have ~70m to waste on herblore.

Hmmm ok, i'll look at that, it seems like a good plan I guess...... also please forgive my ignorance but what is a BSS again? And hmmm, I think I have the majority of useful stuff.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Are super antifires worth it?

I don't know. It's nice to have them, but they come at a hefty price tag.

I just figured that you cannot take your GP to the grave like in real life, so I just spend it on herblore (and summoning and prayer).

But I doubt a single visage will get you very far in herblore. You might want to do some calculations before. Superantifires are nice, because you can pick your outfit based on stats, instead of dragonfire protection.

As for slayer.

I'm nowadays a casual slayer since I already have 99 slayer, but I tend to wear verac skirt and top instead of bandos nowadays. I have bandos of course. I just see verac as a combination of proselyte and a high defence gear. It's only a few points below proselyte. So I tank a lot in verac, and still using the prayer capability of it. It prevents having to have protection prayers on all the time. And the other benefit is that you don't look like all the other slayers. They all wear proselyte, bandos, slayer cape (t) or fire cape.

So I wear verac + soul wars cape.

I suggest you invest the money in a skill, and preferably one you enjoy doing or one you know is going to be useful to you in the future.

You can also set you some other small skilling goals that are not so obvious.

Why not go for 75 crafting (slayer ring)? Maybe you can use the assist system for that, but I just did it because I always think it is fun to set these smaller manageable goals, and then research and experiment a bit on how to accomplish them.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Are super antifires worth it?

I don't know. It's nice to have them, but they come at a hefty price tag.

I just figured that you cannot take your GP to the grave like in real life, so I just spend it on herblore (and summoning and prayer).

But I doubt a single visage will get you very far in herblore. You might want to do some calculations before. Superantifires are nice, because you can pick your outfit based on stats, instead of dragonfire protection.

As for slayer.

I'm nowadays a casual slayer since I already have 99 slayer, but I tend to wear verac skirt and top instead of bandos nowadays. I have bandos of course. I just see verac as a combination of proselyte and a high defence gear. It's only a few points below proselyte. So I tank a lot in verac, and still using the prayer capability of it. It prevents having to have protection prayers on all the time. And the other benefit is that you don't look like all the other slayers. They all wear proselyte, bandos, slayer cape (t) or fire cape.

So I wear verac + soul wars cape.

I suggest you invest the money in a skill, and preferably one you enjoy doing or one you know is going to be useful to you in the future.

You can also set you some other small skilling goals that are not so obvious.

Why not go for 75 crafting (slayer ring)? Maybe you can use the assist system for that, but I just did it because I always think it is fun to set these smaller manageable goals, and then research and experiment a bit on how to accomplish them.

You raise some extremely good points Zotto, thanks for that..... I'm currently deciding between spending the money on high herblore or 99 smithing because I needed this money for 99. I dunno, may have to wait for this Sacred Heart or whatever it is to come out first though.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png