Slaying Waterfiends

Unknown_Warrior

But defensive attack options SUCK

They hit much less often and do less damage when they do hit, because they are designed to stop you getting hit.

Considering his stats...do you honestly think he doesn't know that?

As for Torag Hammers being an Option, I saw someone using them the other day, he killed them only a fraction slower then me with a Z spear. Super str and atk would be smart to use, extremes if you can make them.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

They hit much less often and do less damage when they do hit, because they are designed to stop you getting hit.

Well it's the only attack style I'll tolerate when meleeing. I've used it on everything I've meleed, including bosses.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I'm jsut stating it because using less than best crush weps on waterfiends = slower

Then using a worse attack style = slower still

With poor stats = slower still

Hence he'd be best skipping them

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would personally never think to skip waterfiends. They have amazing charms and good drops. I usually get around 500k worth of drops as well as a 90% crimson charm rate. Even with lower stats on defensive, he'd make a profit and a good charm count.

Also considering the 20+ crush that torag has over weapons like the Z spear and SS, that will help make up for his lower atk, as he'll hit more with the boosted str accuracy. I really don't think Waterfiends would be as bad as everyone says they are.

Try them out first, then decide for yourself if they're worth doing unknwn

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Ive done them with torag hammers.

They are sooooooooo slow and I fail to see the epic profits in waterfiends. I've had like 5 or 6 taskes of em and my food and ppot costs are always equal too or more than what I get in drops.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Alright then.

What would be a better alternative to spend 3x charms on? Keep in mind I will NEVER take off the Defensive option for melee.

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Dusties might not be a bad idea, you'll get a good amount of crims there.

If you want golds, then hellhounds would be really good as well.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to raise your attack and strength? If you don't mind me asking..

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to raise your attack and strength? If you don't mind me asking..

Ideological reasons. I absolutely refuse to train Attack and Strength (though this can vary, I recently trained my Strength from 72 to 75 for Blood Runs Deep).

It's akin to pure skillers, only I'm not as pure. :P

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

It's not really a huge difference. Defensive style just means that your 3 invisible levels are sent to defense as opposed to another combat stat.

that's a negligible difference to your accuracy as compared to accurate, and a max hit difference of about half a damage point as compared to aggressive.

the difference is of course even less so when compared to controlled.

im pretty sure atk/str/def styles are geared more towards training of a stat than having any actual serious impact on how much damage you do.

Naaxi.png

Ideological reasons. I absolutely refuse to train Attack and Strength (though this can vary, I recently trained my Strength from 72 to 75 for Blood Runs Deep).

It's akin to pure skillers, only I'm not as pure. :P

Ah, I see. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, then. Waterfiends are annoying anyways, even with a z spear and decent melee stats I still can't stand them ;]

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

It's not really a huge difference. Defensive style just means that your 3 invisible levels are sent to defense as opposed to another combat stat.

that's a negligible difference to your accuracy as compared to accurate, and a max hit difference of about half a damage point as compared to aggressive.

im pretty sure atk/str/def styles are geared more towards training of a stat than having any actual serious impact on how much damage you do.

It doesn't give "3 invisible" levels. but it does effect combat.

Aggressive raises max hit (less true once u get higher lvls) and makes u hit more high numbers when u do hit. But you become less accurate.

Accurate makes u hit less 0s, but you dont hit as hard.

Defensive makes you take less damage but you hit weaker and less often

In the same way on bows accurate hits more often, rapid fires slightly faster and long range lets you fire from further away.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Aggressive raises max hit (less true once u get higher lvls) and makes u hit more high numbers when u do hit. But you become less accurate.

In the same way on bows accurate hits more often, rapid fires slightly faster and long range lets you fire from further away.

Yes, but the effect is much smaller than with ranged.

Yes, but the effect is much smaller than with ranged.

Personally I find it depends on your stats in relation to the monster.

Eg monsters higher than you it tends to be fairly noticeable if you try it out (with the possible exception of boss monsters)

On stuff like black dragons or waterfiends I can certainly notice the difference at my stats.

Where as I cant notice it on lesser demons (But I used to when I was like lvl 50 - 60 ish)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If you're gonna outright to refuse the best weapons and attack styles on some random principle. Then just skip it.

You CANNOT effectively kill waterfiends AT ALL without using a decent crush weapon and even then they are slow as heck.

The defensive crush option on some weapons could be usable be defensive attacks do less damage than accurate, aggressive or controlled by a long shot so your just gonna take a slow monster and make them slower.

Hi I killed 100 waterfiends with whip in an hour while I kill around 110-115 with Z spear/Saradomin Sword per hour. Don't assume you can't kill it effectively at all without a crush weapon when you probably haven't gone out and tried it yourself.

EDIT: This is at max stats with a Unicorn and on a slayer task

You are full of it lol. Even with max stats, x pots, etc etc, and turmoil/piety, I max out at ~110-120 crims/hr with ZS. There is NO WAY you get 100 kills with a whip ^.^

And Paw, you are full of it too. The difference between attack, defense, and controlled is VERY VERY small.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Cannon Black Demons in taverly if you want to use your 40 minutes of triple charms. I was there last night and got about 55 crims in 2 cannon deacys, about 40 mins.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Cannon Black Demons in taverly if you want to use your 40 minutes of triple charms. I was there last night and got about 55 crims in 2 cannon deacys, about 40 mins.

You could do better in the chaos tunnels without a cannon.

You could do better in the chaos tunnels without a cannon.

Maybe if you had maxed stats, 99 sum and overloads. But i only have maxed stats. And i also cherish range exp atm as combat is maxed.

If you don't have that then you get slower kills since not using a cannon to get faster kills.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

If you're gonna outright to refuse the best weapons and attack styles on some random principle. Then just skip it.

You CANNOT effectively kill waterfiends AT ALL without using a decent crush weapon and even then they are slow as heck.

The defensive crush option on some weapons could be usable be defensive attacks do less damage than accurate, aggressive or controlled by a long shot so your just gonna take a slow monster and make them slower.

Hi I killed 100 waterfiends with whip in an hour while I kill around 110-115 with Z spear/Saradomin Sword per hour. Don't assume you can't kill it effectively at all without a crush weapon when you probably haven't gone out and tried it yourself.

You are full of it lol. Even with max stats, x pots, etc etc, and turmoil/piety, I max out at ~110-120 crims/hr with ZS. There is NO WAY you get 100 kills with a whip ^.^

And Paw, you are full of it too. The difference between attack, defense, and controlled is VERY VERY small.

Uhhh Aasiwat got 120+ crimsons an hour EVEN BEFORE Extreme potions AND turmoil were released. Also Lucipher6 is known to WHIP waterfiends as even though it's less effective than a ZS/SS, that doesn't mean it's completely defunct at waterfiends

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Honestly I'd just skip. If you're not willing to use a Z-spear or SS then I'd consider skipping, or even banning them.

I'll leave the weapon spot blank, but my equipment is usually Karil body/skirt, Dragon Boots, Fury, Barrow Gloves, and Slayer helm. While I use Unicorns now, previously I brought a Bunyip and about 40-50 scrolls for raw drops. I usually bring some good food anyway in case they hit hard consecutively, and I flash piety instead of using protect prayers.

Honestly I'd just skip. If you're not willing to use a Z-spear or SS then I'd consider skipping, or even banning them.

I'll leave the weapon spot blank, but my equipment is usually Karil body/skirt, Dragon Boots, Fury, Barrow Gloves, and Slayer helm. While I use Unicorns now, previously I brought a Bunyip and about 40-50 scrolls for raw drops. I usually bring some good food anyway in case they hit hard consecutively, and I flash piety instead of using protect prayers.

Well if I adopt that mentality, I might just as well stop slaying altogether.

But thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the current task.

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png

[/hide]

Uhhh Aasiwat got 120+ crimsons an hour EVEN BEFORE Extreme potions AND turmoil were released. Also Lucipher6 is known to WHIP waterfiends as even though it's less effective than a ZS/SS, that doesn't mean it's completely defunct at waterfiends

Excuse me. Did you know that turmoil is WORSE then piety at fiends? I just use it since then I have SS and berserker, and don't have to change prayers.

Also, with DH, etc, its easy to get 120 crims/hr without x pots.

Also, so what if someone whips them? That still makes it far less efficient. Not to mention the OP is hardly anywhere near maxed melee.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]