The New skill thread

elucin8er

We all know the new skill is coming out this year, and it will be in the first section of this year ( jagex said they had combat plans and other plans this year to implement AFTER they released the new skill ).

So, it's really not that far off, could be a week, a month, or several months. I've seen many topics on what people think the new skill may be, based on known facts, and I have to admit some of the ideas are quite interesting. Brief recap of what we know.

1. It's not desgined to be a money sink

2. Completely different to what's been done before.

There are others, but i think 2. is the main point of discussion. Now instead of going into huge detail, ( it's been covered before by intelligent posters, and done quite well ) we'll skip to the point. Based on evidence, what do you think the new skill will be, or hope the new skill to be. Here we can see other peoples ideas and can enhance our own. We will also have proof for the correct guessers in this thread when the skill arrives :P

----------

My short idea ( more so, what I want it to be ):

An instanced quest area. Players can participate in groups ( or alone ) in certain portaled areas ( much like rs houses ) each time getting a random scenario which requires you to complete a quest like event. There will be many quest types, and the higher level you get the more you can unlock. Obviously my idea is a sketchy overview, but it's the basic idea. I really really enjoy the quest side of RS, and I know jagex do also. Implementing a quest like skill to me would be very awesome, perhaps even being able to unlock higher xp quests if you complete the true RS quests.

---------

I'd like to hear fellow TIF'ers ideas. So if you have a cool concept or think you know what the skill may be, fire away :thumbsup:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Jagex mention somewhere that the skill started with a b?

Later proved to be false.

Reading more and more later pages within posts I see the skill maybe has something to do with combat?

Eeep

Oh well, my idea still stands because I like it.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Didn't Jagex mention somewhere that the skill started with a b?

They did.

But since then Jmods had all said that was a joke and in all QAs etc in every new skill answer taken pains to say it is NOT sailing or anything like that and it does NOT start with a b

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

An instanced quest area. Players can participate in groups ( or alone ) in certain portaled areas ( much like rs houses ) each time getting a random scenario which requires you to complete a quest like event. There will be many quest types, and the higher level you get the more you can unlock. Obviously my idea is a sketchy overview, but it's the basic idea. I really really enjoy the quest side of RS, and I know jagex do also. Implementing a quest like skill to me would be very awesome, perhaps even being able to unlock higher xp quests if you complete the true RS quests.

My first response was that would be lame but now as I think about it that kinda makes sense. And it would be something fun to do with friends. It's completely different from anything in RS and it could've been a new game (like they originally said it was intended to be).

Zerker_jane.png

Good thread on RSOF: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=aL1A8BD*LX8/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,639,60421450

Here is a quote from it:

Currently known facts:

General

¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill will partially be F2P.

- The Skill will be the biggest update of 2010 (Obviously).

- The Skill will change the game this much *Fetzki spreads his arms wide*

- The Skill DOES take you beyond the current free map.

- The Skill was first supposed to be a game on its own, but was changed into a skill later.

- The Skill doesn't involve Pirate Empires, a 'future' Fun Orb game.

- The Skill has never been done in a 'game' before (see page 37, post 1+2 for more information!)

- The Skill has probably not been guessed yet (because of the above).

- The Skill will be the 25th skill.

Technical

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill is taking a large amount of resources from the graphics team

- The Skill will use a whole new game mechanic.

- The Skill will introduce a whole new type of gameplay.

Skill Related

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill will involve lots of skill. And combat. And combat skill.

- The Skill is not going to be a combat, resource, production or character development skill.

- The Skill is unique and not similar to another skill.

- The Skill will involve all current skills!

Combat Related

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- Aspects of the skills will be good for Pures in PVP.

- It wont have any impact on your combat level.

Requirements

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- No Quest to unlock the skill.

- No other Skills required for the skill.

Training

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- Training will not be money driven or cost a lot.

- A ship is featuring in it quite prominently

Rejections

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- It's not Sailing or anything like that.

- It does NOT start with a B.

Release

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The New Skill was first scheduled for last year, but has been delayed to 2010.

- The New Skill wont be released this month (February).

- The New Skill will be ready soon... (Mod MMG, January the 18th 2010)

- The New Skill will be released closer to the middle of the year than to the end of the year.

Hameigh.png

My first response was that would be lame but now as I think about it that kinda makes sense. And it would be something fun to do with friends. It's completely different from anything in RS and it could've been a new game (like they originally said it was intended to be).

Idoubt this is it.

Instanced areas aren't new and never before seen, theres some in rs already let alone other games.

It doesn't sound like a skill.

Skills are something you can do as a person, something you can train and work with. A random generated quest thing while it would be fun wouldn't be a skill, it'd require other skills

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Idoubt this is it.

Instanced areas aren't new and never before seen, theres some in rs already let alone other games.

Skills are something you can do as a person, something you can train and work with. A random generated quest thing while it would be fun wouldn't be a skill, it'd require other skills

True, it's been used in alot of games. But jagex could easily add some kind of new element to it.

Zerker_jane.png

Idoubt this is it.

True, it's been used in alot of games. But jagex could easily add some kind of new element to it.

But jagex didnt say partly new.

They said entirely new never seen before.

And as I detailed originally it doesn't fit as a skill. It's not an ability you (your character) can learn to do. It just seems more like a mini-game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Idoubt this is it.

But jagex didnt say partly new.

They said entirely new never seen before.

And as I detailed originally it doesn't fit as a skill. It's not an ability you (your character) can learn to do. It just seems more like a mini-game.

Well it wouldn't fit in with the current skills, lol. It's completely different (whatever it turns out to be).

And it would depend on what the new element is. It's not like Jagex would specify how new new is for fear of giving away hints.

Zerker_jane.png

It already sounds awesome, althought we dont know pretty much anything about it.

I have no idea what`s it gonna be. And actually im not hoping anything, so im not gonna disappoint if it is not what I hoped.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

How can it sound awesome if you don't know anything about it? I wish people would just forget about it and get on with playing instead of making up crackpot theories which will probably not even come close to what Jagex are making.

asrhasrh.jpg

How can it sound awesome if you don't know anything about it? I wish people would just forget about it and get on with playing instead of making up crackpot theories which will probably not even come close to what Jagex are making.

Don't click on threads with titles like new skill then?

Zerker_jane.png

I said pretty much anything, not anything. The difference is there.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

It can sound awesome based upon people's connotations with the information given by Jagex. For the most part, when people are told something 'entirely new' and 'never used before' is coming along - they get excited! It's natural for people to speculate, sure - but the basic information and the simple idea of a new skill can definitely make people think it 'sounds awesome' and they're well within their right to believe so.

Even if not that - let people speculate, surely you're not suggesting people getting excited is a bad thing? ;)

The 'entirely new' and 'never used before' idea is what has been a little confused. But maybe what they are saying is its never been done in a game as a skill before and that twist is what makes it entirely new and never done before. Im still 95% sure its going to be a instanced dungeon/island/ area type skill.To get passed the scenario we are presented with we might have to use other skills. Im guessing that maybe say your in a maze and there is a pressure plate you have to mine some ore and place it on the plate to open a door a heat plate you have to burn some logs on. As you pass through the dungeon you gain xp which opens up harder areas to get through. At the end of course you have to fight a boss to get the goodies(new high level armour that they hinted at) Idk im just throwing this out there.

Maybe a leveling skill? The higher the level the easier you level other skills ;D?

Or, Expertise.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Even if not that - let people speculate, surely you're not suggesting people getting excited is a bad thing? ;)

Speculation based on evidence is one thing, wild guessing based on "claims" from Jagex that this has never been done before is another. :wink: Feel free to wind yourselves up for the next 4 months though!

asrhasrh.jpg

Good thread on RSOF: http://[Use Quick Find Code]/c=aL1A8BD*LX8/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?16,17,639,60421450

Here is a quote from it:

Currently known facts:

General

¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill will partially be F2P.

- The Skill will be the biggest update of 2010 (Obviously).

- The Skill will change the game this much *Fetzki spreads his arms wide*

- The Skill DOES take you beyond the current free map.

- The Skill was first supposed to be a game on its own, but was changed into a skill later.

- The Skill doesn't involve Pirate Empires, a 'future' Fun Orb game.

- The Skill has never been done in a 'game' before (see page 37, post 1+2 for more information!)

- The Skill has probably not been guessed yet (because of the above).

- The Skill will be the 25th skill.

Technical

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill is taking a large amount of resources from the graphics team

- The Skill will use a whole new game mechanic.

- The Skill will introduce a whole new type of gameplay.

Skill Related

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The Skill will involve lots of skill. And combat. And combat skill.

- The Skill is not going to be a combat, resource, production or character development skill.

- The Skill is unique and not similar to another skill.

- The Skill will involve all current skills!

Combat Related

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- Aspects of the skills will be good for Pures in PVP.

- It wont have any impact on your combat level.

Requirements

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- No Quest to unlock the skill.

- No other Skills required for the skill.

Training

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- Training will not be money driven or cost a lot.

- A ship is featuring in it quite prominently

Rejections

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- It's not Sailing or anything like that.

- It does NOT start with a B.

Release

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

- The New Skill was first scheduled for last year, but has been delayed to 2010.

- The New Skill wont be released this month (February).

- The New Skill will be ready soon... (Mod MMG, January the 18th 2010)

- The New Skill will be released closer to the middle of the year than to the end of the year.

Whoa thank Ham, that's a very good insight into the premises of the skill. It kinda injurs my idea a bit, but I'm sure it can be expanded on.

All that content makes the skill very difficult to guess ...

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

If a boat is fearued prominently in it, then the new land mass in east Wildy is likely the starting point of it, as there seems to be a dock on the east side of it. And as there's a castle in the middle of it, and the "strange power" emenated from it... Well it's anyone's guess really, I haven't much of a clue :P

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]