Runescape forums.

Delita125

I was a bit bored, and I decided to read the Runescape forums. I like a lot the rants part, because people use to complain about things that aren't as... "important". Then, I came up with this thread:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?129,130,15,60536672,goto,1

I cannot believe this has not been closed or anything plus, I cannot believe that Mods, that should check threads once in a while, haven't said anything about this. I'm starting to believe that the Runescape forum is not as important as I thought. If you pay close attention, you can see how everyone off-topics the topic, you can see in some threads that players insult Jagex and the threads hasn't been closed, etc.

So, Runescape forums= fail.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Bastard child, lol. What I think is that, the rants forum should be taken in count, first off, it should be where most imploding players get banned (At least on many forums I've been it's like this). Also, it should be seen to check improvements to the game. No one would post on the suggestions part "My suggestion is to eliminate the HP update. Pl0x".

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

Is not that bad, alright the rant forum is like the cesspool for humanity but the rest is mostly ok. Just give it a few more tries, I was somewhat biased too but then I spend sometime in RSOF(clan stuff) and is not that bad.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Oh and just so you know, the F2P limit of 12.5M experience is lowered to 5M, so expect more idiots on the forums. <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh and just so you know, the F2P limit of 12.5M experience is lowered to 5M, so expect more idiots on the forums. <_<

Really??? Thats...REALLY low IMO. I'm F2P and still far away from 12.5M but the forums are a members benefit that loyal players are lucky to have. 5M isn't that hard at all!

Its a stupid move by Jagex. The immaturity level in the forums is off the charts as it is. More children on there is only going to make things worse! ("GIVE F2P THIS! GIVE F2P THAT!" :shock: )

Fellsig.jpg

Really??? Thats...REALLY low IMO. I'm F2P and still far away from 12.5M but the forums are a members benefit that loyal players are lucky to have. 5M isn't that hard at all!

Its a stupid move by Jagex. The immaturity level in the forums is off the charts as it is. More children on there is only going to make things worse! ("GIVE F2P THIS! GIVE F2P THAT!" :shock: )

I'd like to point out that 5M exp can be more effort than say, whining to your parents for 10 minutes to get them to subscribe...

I'd also like to point out that there have been equal amounts of stupid comments in my threads from F2Pers, and from P2Pers - the P2Pers being identified by their avatar's face next to their post.

Just my observations.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'm pretty sure the RSOF is where people go when they don't have any other forums to go too. They don't have enough knowledge of the game to find other forums to use. Some serious people go there to talk to Jagex, I'm sure, but they seem to be outnumbered by people who just whine and complain and have no indepth knowledge of how things really work. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. :P

Blakdragon39.png

the rsof are useful for trading

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Most official forums are garbage.

The exp requirements on the RSOF are actually a kinda interesting thing (even they only exist to stop people from making an account just to post after being banned on another one); someday I'd like to see official forums with a 100m or 200m overall exp req.

Most official forums are garbage.

The exp requirements on the RSOF are actually a kinda interesting thing (even they only exist to stop people from making an account just to post after being banned on another one); someday I'd like to see official forums with a 100m or 200m overall exp req.

There are, is called the maxed out forum, people having maxed total can access it, apparently Jagex visit it quite often.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

To be honest, I think Jagex is partly to blame. While the RuneScape community as a whole aren't the most mature, I think part of it is rebellion. Their forums are so strict in terms of function, there is no proper avatar system, no signatures, no formatting, no linking etc. I just think that by Jagex putting such a tight control over the forums, it has had the opposite effect.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

RSOF is just for the lulz

Here's an example, this was the first thread I just saw today:

09-Mar-2010 00:50:18

Ok firstly, the song on runescape "night of the vampyre" is a complete rip of of a song from pink flloyds the wall, well a certain riff in it blk.gifblk.gifblk.gif

Secondly, i dont understand why you times hp/hit rates by 10 to make new starters feel better, when they eventually get to a higher level and use potions to hit constant zero's, im not imagining it, everytime i pot up i dont hit well until it goes down 1 or 2 levels, whats up with that blk.gif

And thirdly, and most importantly, RUNESCAPE IS NOTHING LIKE WORLD OF WARCRAFT SO SHUT THE KITTENS MILK JUP YEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blk.gif

p.s. lost owns!

I took the username of course, but you get the picture, not many smart kids.

I liked this one better:

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?129,130,923,60550054

check his stats, hes 53 slayer LOL

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

the rsof are useful for trading

the ge are more useful for trading

not always, you wouldn't understand - f2p

;)

edit: k that was harsh, but its just awkward trying to shift large amounts of some items through the ge

bronze arrows and bolts for example have a much higher true value than the ge price - its much quicker to find a seller on the rsof forums, hop and trade, than it is to put in an overnight offer and wake up to find only 16% bought

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Good luck buying a partyhat on the ge.

Why would you want to get a rare anyway?

Ok let me rephrase it.

Why should you get a rare?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Who doesn't want to invest in an item thats rising 2+ mil every other day?

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Red_h'ween_mask/viewitem.ws?obj=1057

Rock_Hard.png

Who doesn't want to invest in an item thats rising 2+ mil every other day?

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Red_h'ween_mask/viewitem.ws?obj=1057

This, plus they're fun looking (in my opinion), you can lend them out to get rid of junk or for another item. Plus there's not anything else to buy after you have several hundred millions in your bank.

I don't have enough requirement to post in RSOF (I have like less than 1M xp) but I do check it regularly and what I find is always exageration like "90% of players quit RS because of this update" when there are actually 400 in the forums and half of them are Jagex supporters or neutral players. BTW, I started in mid-07, I just don't play very often.

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

What I find funny is that when someone says he`ll quit, he will be the one ranting on the next update.

But yeah the forums are kinda good, except rants forum, which is a pit of doom. Only about 5% of the threads there are well made and thought out, but then again, they will be subjected to spamming and trolling.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.