Manifest Destiny

Retech

The government of the Kinder Gotten agrees with the Roccoans upon a military alliance outfitting it's club soldiers with pointy clubs. The Kinder Gotten government again calls for a vote this time eliminating the undecided option.

LNYvk.png

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vote goes rather unexpectantly.

29% Nature Worship

15% Ra

9% Desert Pantheon

6% Non-Believers

35% Ba'al

8% Fishers

Your advisor warns you: the religion of Ba'al promotes the cannabilism and ritual sacrifice of children. I'm not sure this would be wise. Furthermore, the Fisher religion is directly at odds with the Ba'al, potentially bringing you into conflict with many other tribes. The Roccoans believe in Ba'al, but that might be the only benefit.

As soon as your advisor concludes, a messenger rides in from the Roccoans. "Remember that military alliance that we made? Well, time for you to come help us. Move your men half a day's ride north and an arm's length to the East, against the horizon."

Your advisor tells you to assign your people to become farmers, craftsmen, monks, and soldiers. He tells you that it's recommended to have about half of your population as farmers.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The Kinder Gotten government sends half of it's troops to aid the roccoans. The other half stays at home. The Kinder Gotten government then proclaims that as no religion has a majority it would be wise to create our own religion to worship the god of light Heiliger Vater who is benign generally and answers to the calls of his people without the need of sacrificing out young ones. They then assign 100 people to be monks and 100 to be researchers and the rest to be craftsmen.

LNYvk.png

[Hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Heiliger Vater

Attribute of God: Light

Yearly Favor: 2000

Total Favor: 1000

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 1000

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 100

Clubmen: 50

Slingmen: 50

[/hide]

Your people, especially the monks and the researchers, complain about joining in the war and aiding a tribe which follows Ba'al. You might still have a chance to convince your people, but asking the gods for a miracle, or changing governments to one that can ignore their people with less penalties.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The scathe begin moving outwards, devouring any plant or animal life they come into contact with.

The scathe encounter a large group of pronghorns grazing and bathing in a crystal clear stream. Your people have a feeling that it was lucky that you found this place.

Your priests ask you exactly what they're praying for, and how much favor they should use up in asking. (1000 favor remaining)

For the generous gift of favor, the clouds begin to part, allowing rays of light to pierce through, lighting a path towards the Roccoan camp. (Rolled an 18 btw) The people are awed, and the entire army sets off to the Roccoans, for neither half wanted to remain behind. Furthermore, a hundred monks begin trudging to the Roccoan camp as well, with various weapons of war.

Your advisor rushes towards you. "It seems your people have become religiously motivated. This could be very good for the republic. However, beware of zealots who may disobey your orders to follow their god."

Your people pray for the success of their soldiers, and as such, you gain three hundred favor. (500 favor remaining) Furthermore, if your republic converts to a theocracy, it could gain additional favor and the option of strengthening your worship of Heiliger, worshiping additional gods, or creating a pantheon with Heiliger as the head god. All of them have benefits and penalties.

[Hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Heiliger Vater

Attribute of God: Light

Yearly Favor: 2000

Total Favor: 500

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 1000

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 100

Clubmen: 50

Slingmen: 50

[/hide]

Name: elementals

Adjective: elems

Desc: dragon creatures, very large, some can use special fire atributes(poison, reg fire, ice.. ect.) but they only have 6 types, and these number very little in the total population. claws, tail, and wings, standard four limbs, plus the two wings.

Gods: Dragooness, godess of flight, fire, and fertility. her consort, god of hunting and life. their child, god of youth, and war.

that nuff?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Rocco's people worship Ba'al eh? Now if I can only get his allegiance... shouldn't be too hard, he's a smart guy, knowing when an ally is better than an enemy.

Ra sends out a diplomat to sugguest an alliance with Ba'al's tribe, promising shared wealth.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Has the uni and farms and houses been finished?

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Mather we are not talking about Ba'al from stargate we are talking about a god completely different from that series.

There's a goa'uld named that too, and because of his status among his people your would be unable to see the difference.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Erm... let's let retech decide this mather as well.... yours are the only gou'alds to my knowledge and you do not have any magical powers or abillities to grant miracles so...

LNYvk.png

Regardless, having your own tribe member as the god of your species provides no real advantages, since you lose the ability to pray for favours. Unless the lord of your tribe who is pretending to be a god, in turn prays to another god. In that case, I guess you get the bonus of zealotry, but the god you pray to may let you fall from his favour regardless.

tl;dr- Pretending to be a god to your tribe isn't that smart.

2Xeo5.png

The armies move into position and the priests sacrifice 200 favor for bonuses to the troops.

Your great crusading army makes camp for a while. Nearby, the Roccoan army waits, totaling one hundred spikey clubsmen. A powerful sandstorm prevents your scouts from seeing the enemy camps.

The Scathe infect the pronghorns, and sacrifice half of them. They then use the rest as bases to create a large plant which creates poisonous fumes.

The Scathe have trouble getting on the pronghorns, losing three thousand of their comrades (they generally lose a lot, but they have a rather fast reproduction rate). The large plant is successfully created. Roughly five feet high at the moment, as your power grows and prayers are made to the gods, the plant should grow.

Rocco's people worship Ba'al eh? Now if I can only get his allegiance... shouldn't be too hard, he's a smart guy, knowing when an ally is better than an enemy.

Ra sends out a diplomat to sugguest an alliance with Ba'al's tribe, promising shared wealth.

Ba'al is a god, he doesn't exactly have a tribe.

Has the uni and farms and houses been finished?

They're a continuous thing. They'll be finished tomorrow. Scouts report large beasts rampaging towards the north. If they aren't stopped, they could begin raiding your farms.

Mather very likely just being prayed to will not give a god power. It most likely would just please them. So when they ask for a fireball and give massive amounts of favor and none appears a few times they will stop worship.

EDIT: The people reproduce. Another god is introduced which is dendam saudara the god of fire and battle (lesser brother of the main god).

Temples are set up to him and 50 monks are allocated to him.

LNYvk.png