Manifest Destiny

Retech

retechm mah post?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: elementals

Adjective: elems

Desc: dragon creatures, very large, some can use special fire atributes(poison, reg fire, ice.. ect.) but they only have 6 types, and these number very little in the total population. claws, tail, and wings, standard four limbs, plus the two wings.

Gods: Dragooness, godess of flight, fire, and fertility. her consort, god of hunting and life. their child, god of youth, and war.

that nuff?

I was thinking up a back story on them, since this seems to be a very unique race.

Since time easily forgettable, the Elementals have migrated from North to South every winter, sometimes in great flocks of winged creatures, other times in small groups. Today, many of them have died as a result of overhunting and climate change. Each individual elemental is very powerful, but they still retain an extremely primitive culture and society. As such, they cannot build any institutions until they settle down, but their combat ability is almost unmatched.

[Hide=Earth]

Species Name: Elementals

Tribal Name: N/A

Adult Population: 50

Child Population: 10

Religion

Name of God: Elemental Pantheon

Attribute of God (God of ...): Multiple

Yearly Favor: 500

Total Favor: 5000

Holy Shrines: 1

Temples: -

Monks: -

Government Style: Tribalism

Annual Food Production: 500

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.1

Housing: Adequate

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

(Below is various numbers of each kind of soldier)

[/hide]

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Mather very likely just being prayed to will not give a god power. It most likely would just please them. So when they ask for a fireball and give massive amounts of favor and none appears a few times they will stop worship.

EDIT: The people reproduce. Another god is introduced which is dendam saudara the god of fire and battle (lesser brother of the main god).

Temples are set up to him and 50 monks are allocated to him.

Despite the religious fervor, the people are not convinced in believing in another god, unless the government fully backs religion and becomes a theocracy. Temples are being constructed and will be completed next year.

---

Your army commanders ask you if you'd like to join camps with the Roccoans, to allow less sentries to be used. The Roccoans seem very enthusiastic about it, saying that it would help bond their people.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The next day dawns, and the Roccoans begin marching towards the enemy camp. Your scouts report that the enemy coalition seems to have around five hundred soldiers, an estimate gleaned by the multitudes of campfires on their hilly camp. There appears to be a menacing brook in your path, requiring something to bridge it. The Roccoans (they look like lizards) have already climbed to the other side and are waiting for you.

I scout for the beats.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Your scouts find that the beasts have retreated to their lair, leaving a trail of destruction in their wake. You suspect that since they have found a fresh hunting ground, they will be back, and in greater numbers, inching closer every time towards your base.

The only evidence you have of the beasts is a splatter trail of green goo, presumbly from one of their injured.

The poisonous fog has attracted the attention of a group of local natives. They appear to be four-legged stick-like creatures, with powerful reaping scythes for hands. You have a bad feeling that they are specialized in eating mold-like creatures for breakfast.

Meanwhile, the expanding Scathes meet a band of humanoid hunters with long shiny spears.

My troops look for a ford. The priests sacrifice 300 favor for aid in battle for the troops and the people pray for the troops.

Your troops find a large ford and cross it without trouble. They charge into the enemy camp, where they only find the remains of a dozen flames. Suddenly, the river begins to swell and the water begins to rise, surrounding the hill. You hear cackling from the leader of the Roccoans. "Your city is now defenceless! Only the fool believes in another's word, especially ours. Where is your stupid god now?"

The Roccoan force begins marching towards your city. It appears that through their favor with Ba'al, they have gotten the river to swell and surround your soldiers. However, your god feels outrage as a result of the betrayal, giving you the influence equal to 500 favor. (800 favor left)

The scathe attempt to bait them with large lumps of mold, before striking from all directions and taking the creatures over.

The creatures begin gathering up the mold, before they are quickly overwhelmed by your forces. They seem inexperienced with fighting mold that can fight back. The creatures seem to be "herbivores", and they will now gather organic matter for you, giving you an extra 200 foodies per year.

[hide=Ross]

Species Name: The Scathe

Tribal Name: N/A

Adult Population: 5,000 Scathe (There are probaly more, but I'm lumping them into groups so we don't have one million troop armies)

Child Population: 5,000 Scathe

Religion

Name of God: Incabulos

Attribute of God (God of ...): Decay

Yearly Favor: 600

Total Favor: 500

Holy Shrines: 1

Temples: 0

Monks: 0

Government Style: Hivemind Altruistic

Annual Food Production: 700

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 10

Food Stored: 0

Housing: Adequate

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 5,000 Scathes (You can lessen this when you want to settle down and start a society)

(Below is various numbers of each kind of soldier)

[/hide]

(Kinda figured that would happen) The government has the monks pray and then sacrifices 700 favor to call down a beam of burning light upon the roccoanan army. 200 farmers are armed and trained as well.

LNYvk.png

It's a miracle!

Through a brilliant chain reaction, the beam of light set off the commander's cigar, lighting the surface oil field that the Roccoan army was standing on. (That's what a 19 gets you) The entire army is incinerated in a flash of burning oil and light.

The faith in Ba'al weakens, and the river lowers, allowing your army to cross the ford again. Your advisors urge you to attack the Roccoan village itself, though the monks will not join you on that attack.

The army attacks the Roccoan village and the monks go back. The people pray and as thanks two new temples are being constructed to the god of light. 100 favor is used to give bonuses to the troops in their two pronged attack on the village.

LNYvk.png

The army attacks the Roccoan village and the monks go back. The people pray and as thanks two new temples are being constructed to the god of light. 100 favor is used to give bonuses to the troops in their two pronged attack on the village.

As your army enters the village, the people fall to their knees. Their god has abandoned them, as they have abandoned their god, and the entire place reeks with plague and anarchy. Your advisors are split between sharing your religion and burning the hellhole to the ground.

The Scathe attempt to create several small, quadroped, creatures, with the ability to throw hundereds of needles from its back.

Edit: Ah, I see. How many Scathes are doing this?

We share out religion with them.

Unfortunately, many of the Roccoan people reject your religion. Only the nature worshippers, numbering a hundred, decide to join you, and begin walking back to your town. Meanwhile, you still must make a decision as to what you will do with the rest of them.

200 per needler. Trying to form five of them.

Your forces discover that they only need fifty for a needler, so they make twenty needlers.

A new village is set up for them away from the old and they are warned of the perils of following such activities again. Then the old is burnt to the ground.

LNYvk.png

The nature worshipers turn out to be druids! They have settled in the forest near your tribe, and act as agricultural researchers requiring no food. They can also be called on for war, if they believe your reason is just.

The old town is burned to the ground, with hundreds of people that have refused to leave still inside. After the nauseating smell of burning flesh has subsided, various settlers from the Fisher kingdoms have built sturdy wooden frame houses in the area. They seem to have the form of Pelicans...yet they still use tools and cannot fly.

Hmm envoys to the fisher worshipers are sent out. The researchers research agriculture and the warriors return home with the farmers becoming farmers again.

LNYvk.png

[Hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Abandoned

Attribute of God: N/A

Yearly Favor: 2000

Total Favor: 100

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 750

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 100

Clubmen: 50

Slingmen: 50

[/hide]

As the farmers return home, your god shows his displeasure at your killing of civilians by burning your crops with too much light, before leaving. You now have a food shortage.

Meanwhile, the Fisher envoy greets you kindly and wishes you well. They propose a trade agreement, a military alliance, and ask you to follow their god, the King Fisher.