No money for expensive skills

SemiFiction

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the bleep do you lose money on fire making? it costs like 10k max. If you have dragon axe.

Time is money.

And therefor you now have to pay me as a result of me responding to your sentence!

Anyway, time = money is what this entire topic is about. There are a gazillion ways of training skills. Choosing the fastest methods is going to COST you money. Slower methods MAKE you money! Think off charging air orbs will MAKE you large sums of money, yet alching will COST you money. Charging air orbs takes more concentration / effort and gives less exp/hour.

Just one of the many examples...

I seldom (never) grind for money yet I am a very wealthy player. I train my skills inefficiently and never for more then 2-3 hours at a time. ;) I don't go around smithing addy plates from bought addy bars. I rather make mithril bolts @ blast furnace using SC hammers, making a small amount of money and having decent experience :)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

You will notice that the players who train with the fastest methods, despite their cost, tend to have more money because they don't waste their time smithing iron knives or making serum 207 for xp.

Very true... but only when they have found the incomes aka boss hunting or ex 26/76king.

Before that, they also played for cash only.

That point 2 ways to play that can be mixed :

Being a total self sufficient player : you'll hit your skills in loooong time.

Being a Money maker only and blow it all in fast skiling for even more money incomes.

Since many people found some ways to get nice incomes, they bought items whatever the price... and now those are very high.

So the fisrt category of players have to adapt and find some ways to get more money or continue their own way. There are solutions since you can skill for cash to pay for other skills. Here is a nice way to play.

Off course never underestimated the boss hunting 'skill' that can change your life.

Oh baby light the dark side...

Actually the only skill that REQUIRES lots of money to train is construction. Firemaking is really cheap, magic is easy to make money off of. Herblore can be a sink if you BUY your herbs, but who says you have to do that. For prayer, Dragon bones are real easy to get by yourself. Summoning pouches can be sold back for 70% return, so you don't lose a lot money overall for that skill.

That's still opportunity cost; you could have sold the herbs. Besides there are better ways to make money than collecting herbs making them more time-efficient.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Herb runs

MTK

B staffs

Easy 7m a week.

~100k profit a day from B staffs.

~500-1m profit a day herb runs. (I normally do 4-5)

~2.3m profit a week with MTK (10 herbs 5 maples)

That would pay for ~300k herb xp/week. Hunt penguins, and you save another ~800k gp/week.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

Protip: Farm your herbs and then make pots with the herbs, you train both skill at the same time!

Protip #2: Seems like your problem is that you do not have enough money, L2makemoney!

Protip #3: Summoning is one of the useful if not the most useful skill in the ENTIRE GAME. Also there is just something wonderful about seeing something that is twice the size of you pummeling your enemies.

1. I have farmed my herbs for AGES hence my 67 farm. I always make pots with them, but its just not enough xp. I'm really impatient so i buy extra herbs, causing me to lose money fast.

2. I have about 4 mil, but i cant stick with one thing long enough to train it.

3. Yes, it is nice.

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

I have 66 herb, soon to be 67, and its like a money black hole. Summoning is the same too, and as well as being stupid. Same with prayer, firemaking, mage...

Skills:

70 cb

1327 total

56 att (i'd like 60)

38 str

46 def

43 pray

71 range

60 mage

35 rune (the slowest skill, why bother training it?)

34 construct

63 hp (i know it is constitution, but that update is idiotic and should be repealed, its hp and always will be)

39 agiliity (soooooo slow)

67 herb

41 thief (mem skills are always slow except for fletch, why is that?)

60 craft

82 fletch

37 slay

61 hunt

54 mine

61 smith

71 fish

63 cook

70 fm

77 wc

67 farm

31 summon

MTK/Farm your own herbs, collect your own seconds, exchange shards back for 70% of the money/shards back.

If you were smart you would have trained both summoning and Herb during the weekend for some nice exp at a fraction of the cost.

Yes, i did train herb over bonus weekend. I have 67 now, but i would have 70 if the ingredients bought...

Svaac.png

Svaac.png

I have 66 herb, soon to be 67, and its like a money black hole. Summoning is the same too, and as well as being stupid. Same with prayer, firemaking, mage...

Skills:

70 cb

1327 total

56 att (i'd like 60)

38 str

46 def

43 pray

71 range

60 mage

35 rune (the slowest skill, why bother training it?)

34 construct

63 hp (i know it is constitution, but that update is idiotic and should be repealed, its hp and always will be)

39 agiliity (soooooo slow)

67 herb

41 thief (mem skills are always slow except for fletch, why is that?)

60 craft

82 fletch

37 slay

61 hunt

54 mine

61 smith

71 fish

63 cook

70 fm

77 wc

67 farm

31 summon

I never "buy skill levels" & I have some nice levels. Tears of Guthix does wonders.

Just kill, farm, whatever the people who stick those herbs that you buy on the ge do.

Questing is very inexpensive. Check out some guide on which quests give the xp you're looking for.

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Actually the only skill that REQUIRES lots of money to train is construction. Firemaking is really cheap, magic is easy to make money off of. Herblore can be a sink if you BUY your herbs, but who says you have to do that. For prayer, Dragon bones are real easy to get by yourself. Summoning pouches can be sold back for 70% return, so you don't lose a lot money overall for that skill.

As for skills being slow, at your level I seriously doubt it. If your skills were in the 60s or 70s then maybe you could complain that, but for low levels I don't buy it. You just need to find a more efficient way to train. After all, this game is about grinding levels, so might as well enjoy whatever skills you are training.

MMO's are about the journey, not the destination... ;)

Quoted for Truth!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2zyeVRcbs

Lolwat. Ain't about what's on the other side, it's The Climb!

Deer Jagflax,

Ur gaem is stooped. I play liek tree dais and ur liek: "Omg u knead to play 4 more den too days to get 2 endgame." I want fr33 phats, 99's and stuffs nao! Dat theevin is a muney black hol. Did I menshun itz stuped? Dere all stopid.

Tanks fore lisuning 2 mi rant.

Signed,

Not a twelve year old.

hahahaha :mrgreen:

I always tell the truth even when I lie

I just love it when all you high levels attack some guy who has much lower stats than you people do.

Stop it right now and think about it if you were in his shoes. I was picked on a lot too as a lower level, but I had the benefit of not seeing near as many high levels as you do today.

Please try to respect others.

I just love it when all you high levels attack some guy who has much lower stats than you people do.

Stop it right now and think about it if you were in his shoes. I was picked on a lot too as a lower level, but I had the benefit of not seeing near as many high levels as you do today.

Please try to respect others.

What? We should say "ya ur rite dat is 2 much muny"? When I was his level I didn't complain about everything and I played the damn game.

I have yet to see you make one intelligent post :|

The way the game is being played right now by some people, is all about efficiency. But to be efficient, you need to have a high income, which is mainly boss hunting. So as a result, some of the arguements like "time = money", "better spend more money on a skill and train it faster than slowly training it for a little profit" only apply to those people who make 2m+/hour. There aren't many ways to make that much that isn't combat related, or it is otherwise a big grindfest and will make you want to give up after an hour or two.

Here is how high levels play the game:

1. GWD/ TDs for a week, get a bunch of awesome drops that are worth tens of millions.

2. Buy a skill level they want, (say 95 prayer)

3. Grind it out.

4. Repeat.

To OP: just train however you want to, don't worry about efficiency at your levels. Hell, don't worry about efficiency ever, b/c once you get to a bad stretch of drops, it gets pretty bad.

Staurolite.png

As for skills being slow, at your level I seriously doubt it. If your skills were in the 60s or 70s then maybe you could complain that, but for low levels I don't buy it. You just need to find a more efficient way to train. After all, this game is about grinding levels, so might as well enjoy whatever skills you are training.

Quoted for Truth!

Construction does not REQUIRE money. You can theoretically DIY to 99, but it would take a long [wagon] time

PM me for fitocracy invite

Quoted for Truth!

Construction does not REQUIRE money. You can theoretically DIY to 99, but it would take a long [wagon] time

As a relatively strict DIY:

Costruction requires so much cash. It may be different with the lunar spell, but it can cost a significant amount to use the sawmill.

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Quoted for Truth!

The only way it doesn't require money is if you camped armoured zombies or used limestone bricks you mined yourself or something. Using the sawmill/ plank make REQUIRES money.

Another skill that REQUIRES money is summoning, because you have to BUY the shards.

These two skills were designed to be money sinks, so its only natural they be expensive.

Staurolite.png

Quoted for Truth!

The only way it doesn't require money is if you camped armoured zombies or used limestone bricks you mined yourself or something. Using the sawmill/ plank make REQUIRES money.

Another skill that REQUIRES money is summoning, because you have to BUY the shards.

These two skills were designed to be money sinks, so its only natural they be expensive.

Summoning isn't necessarily a money sink. You can get more than you paid for a pouch, potentially.

Not much to say.

Planks taken from spawns, Nails smithed, tools obtained from quests or spawns or asking other players for free, clay can be mined, molten glass made, limestone mined, you have a potentially free 99, which would take an extremely long time.

Planks taken from spawns, Nails smithed, tools obtained from quests or spawns or asking other players for free, clay can be mined, molten glass made, limestone mined, you have a potentially free 99, which would take an extremely long time.

True, but as a DIY:

This is how you do construction:

Have a house near a bank, then just have your servant constantly exchange logs for planks.

Not much to say.

True, but as a DIY:

Have a house near a bank, then just have your servant constantly exchange logs for planks.

Wait....using the servant for planks doesn't cost money?!

True, but as a DIY:

Wait....using the servant for planks doesn't cost money?!

It does.

But it's the only convenient way I can train costruction as a DIY.

Not much to say.

Quoted for Truth!

Summoning requires a lot of money to do, you just don't lose it. You still have to have a hefty amount of cash to get the ball rolling.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Quoted for Truth!

Summoning requires a lot of money to do, you just don't lose it. You still have to have a hefty amount of cash to get the ball rolling.

Exactly my point!

Not much to say.

I havnt spent any money on summoning, and ive profited off herb.

Sorry your not smart enough to figure out how to train correctly :rolleyes:

How do you train summoning without spending any money?

Not much to say.