Humble Beginnings

Vyleo

I don't remember much from my first day, but what I do remember from it is this:

I made an account with a very random username with a few numbers in it (I didn't take the time to think about a good one), after which I furiously clicked 'continue' on tutorial island with the thought: "I'll be okay".

I arrived in Lumbridge and I had no clue whatsoever on what to do. After wondering around Lumbridge and the very impressing castle for about half an hour, I logged out. Later that day (could have been a day later), I logged in again and a person showed me around only to log off around Falador because he had to eat dinner. That left me totally lost so I decided to make a new account, which turned out to be this one.

Good times :thumbsup:

I quit for 3 days because I thought you needed to cut down the oak tree right outside the starting building and you needed 15 WC to chop it down.

Then an IRL friend who introduced me to RS (we all played at camp because we were in a computer music class, making music with garage band but we got off track really quickly) showed me the way.

5 years later, here I am.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

It wasn't my first day, but I remember being lured into the Old Wilderness by two players, who were both pretending to side with me to kill the other. They took me to that church in the western wildy then promptly executed me. I felt like a complete idiot.

Objob84.png

i've only got two memories. there not exactly the first day i started playing, but there near it. the very first account i made, i was walking near varrock i think, and some guy gave me a staff of air. i was excited and i felt rich. i had to go run and show my brother :P

my second memory was when i made a lil cash, i bought a steel plate , steel full helm, and black platelegs. i felt like a boss. no doubt. i was showing off to people by tradeing them, putting the items up, pressing accept on the first screen, accept on the second screen then declineing the trade right away :P. didnt end well, i ended up loseing my armor and was mad.

good ol' noob days.

I like getting hard when I PK

I've always been the kind of person that would rather read guides and figure things out myself than ask others for help. I did, however, had a very noob moment my first day playing. I got an old man random event and it wasn't clear to me that I had to speak to him (or how to speak to him). So someone nearby said "Speak to the old man" so I typed "Hello" into the chat rather than clicking on him :lol: I got teleported to the bottom level of the Wizard Tower thing near Draynor and it took me ages to figure out how to get out and get back to Lumbridge.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Me? I still remember myself watching my friend playing RS in his home. As he was a member, I saw him do anything he liked. When I stared playing in 1-5-2007, I remember enjoying 'Newbee Melody' in the Tutorial Island. And after reaching the mainland, I tried everything I saw my friend do, only I found out they were all members' content. Good times :rolleyes: .

La Vallett1

A.k.a. "Nostalgic Vallett"

What's been said must be done.

I remember looking at Falador guards and thinking, "I can't wait until I can attack those. That will be awesome." Later I found out that I could actually attack something with a higher combat level than me, so I'd attack one of them and then run... :grin:

I was a skiller at first, and Mining was my first love. I could mine iron for hours and never get tired of it. That has changed. :razz:

Heh, I remember thinking the same thing about Falador guards. Mining also used to be my favorite skill. I remember my main goal was to get into the mining guild, but after achieving that my interest in it plummeted. I also remember trying to finish all of the quests as soon as possible to get into the Champions guild because I thought it was cool.

My absolute first memory in RS occurred right after I finished tutorial island. I was trying to find a bank, and some really high level offered to take me. He led me all the way to the wilderness and then killed me. <_< After that, I never asked any random person for help again.

Haha, the nostalgia in this topic is great! :D

I remember joining up because all my friends at school were talking about it at the time. One of them gave me steel armour which I couldn't wear and took me around RuneScape showing me different places. He had to log out after a while and left me walking around Al Kharid being 'lost'. X3 I also remember finding out that training strength increased your maximum hit. That was a great day. XD

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

I never had anyone else to help me out with the game so I just plunged into it, and after exploring around for a while, I figured I'd need to make money somehow. Someone took me fishing to the spot near Draynor, where I dodged many dark wizards to fish a haul of shrimps (of course, I was doing it in the newby, inefficient way, with 10 free spaces max. in my inventory), run to the nearby tree, cook it and then take what I could back to the bank. Eventually I left the guy who took me there because I wanted to do some mining (that's what I wanted from the start actually), so I asked around for ages where a useful mine was. I was eventually guided to the SE Varrock mine where I started mining copper and tin, doing it in a somewhat smarter manner because I banked about 2-3 inventories of tin and copper before going to Falador to smelt it all then smith it in Varrock. I made some money off the general store by selling this to them, keeping the best I could make for myself. Later on I discovered Knight's Sword and was happy when it turned out that upon completion, I could make my very own set of iron armor!

This mining-smelting-smithing-selling sequence went on to the point where I could make some parts of a steel armor set already. Then I thought that smithing was getting awfully slow, steel bars were on the other hand quite valuable. So I mined iron and coal in larger quantities, smelted that and sold that. This was probably where my "newb" days were finally and irreversibly over, but it took me some time till I got to the "buy iron, mine coal, smelt" phase, then to the "mine coal and sell that" phase. Coal mining remained my moneymaker for the rest of my F2P career... nice days, I would actually be glad to be back to those times.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what else I did in my first few days. I think I got into a close encounter with the Wilderness; someone who I've been talking with a bit told me to come to the wildy and so I did. Having food on me, I escaped him and left the place. :) I think my first death was in the Wildy too, although I actually prepared for that trip, or so I thought. Turned out I wasn't much of a PKer at that point. As for other skills, I fished a bit and cooked a bit, but unlike many other F2Pers, I didn't like woodcutting, and I didn't practise too much firemaking either.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

wow, i had a good first day. my best friend since grade 2 showed me in grade 6, so ive been playing for like 5-6 years now, but he helped me through it all. he showed me where varrock was, what everything was to be honest. he was level 68 at the time. he gave me 200k to start out with. i didnt die at first because i was too scared to lose any money. he showed me the sandbags to attack in varrock, got 5 attack def and str there. i just bought everything i could wear after i checked what i could, and etc.

i died shortly after by checking out what the wildy was, and that's what got me interested in pking. ive been pking on accounts for 4 years now. lol

s3dgmb.png

^ Thanks maddie for t3h siggie :3

Velvet_Ember.png