People playing Runescape, but not enjoying it

PuppyKing

He's the guy near the counter. The tokens you earn, you know? You can trade them to Reggie for berserker shields, gauntlets, RC/fishing/herblore gloves, or combat robes. You can also uncharge anything by talking to him and asking him to do so. Uncharged drag gaunts go for something like 230k on the GE :smile:

Edit: The drag gaunts are 300 tokens, and I suggest you check out the tip it guide to FoG.

Its also probably a good idea to save up tokens for battle robe pieces (specifically the robe-bottom, which costs 1000 tokens), the price has gone up 666% in half a year. Thats because the street price is like 15mil due to the sheer money-saving power of a full-set combined with a staff of light (plus with the update to recharge costs, real easy to fix up when they degrade).

Actually, the most token efficient item to buy is adamant berserker shields, but no one buys them so rune gaunts are next best and F2Pers buy them all the time. Battle robes are actually not very token efficient.

(token efficient = high gp gained per token)

Yes, I'm saying that it could possibly be a worthy investment for some time in the future, I wasn't telling anyone to sell them now, that would be stupid. There is an increased demand for battle robes nowdays. I'm fairly confident they will yield higher token efficiency than the lesser items eventually.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellll, I hate Herblore and Farming with the fury of a thousand suns, but I really, really want to do WGS someday, so I level them with much complaining. And Mining is boring too, but I'm willing to slog to 77 to get Concentrated Coal. Or Summoning! Another one that drives me bat[cabbage], but I gather charms from my combat levelling and every so often I go and get a level or two, because someday I want a Bunyip so I can slay more effectively. Or any level requirement for a quest. I love quests, adore them, and I'm willing to blow a surprising amount of time on getting the levels needed so I can play through the stories. (Like Smithing. Hate it, hate it, hate it. But I want to do Rocking Out, so someday I will get 69 Smithing.)

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

He's the guy near the counter. The tokens you earn, you know? You can trade them to Reggie for berserker shields, gauntlets, RC/fishing/herblore gloves, or combat robes. You can also uncharge anything by talking to him and asking him to do so. Uncharged drag gaunts go for something like 230k on the GE :smile:

Edit: The drag gaunts are 300 tokens, and I suggest you check out the tip it guide to FoG.

Its also probably a good idea to save up tokens for battle robe pieces (specifically the robe-bottom, which costs 1000 tokens), the price has gone up 666% in half a year. Thats because the street price is like 15mil due to the sheer money-saving power of a full-set combined with a staff of light (plus with the update to recharge costs, real easy to fix up when they degrade).

Actually, the most token efficient item to buy is adamant berserker shields, but no one buys them so rune gaunts are next best and F2Pers buy them all the time. Battle robes are actually not very token efficient.

Yes, I'm saying that it could possibly be a worthy investment for some time in the future, I wasn't telling anyone to sell them now, that would be stupid. There is an increased demand for battle robes nowdays. I'm fairly confident they will yield higher token efficiency than the lesser items eventually.

Somewhere upwards of 5mil for a battle robe bottom seems pretty good to me. Thats like 5k gp per token. Way better then the 775gp per token that rune or dragon gaunts will get you.

pere_grin.png

If you played runescape expecting to enjoy every second of it then no one would have 99 agility, think about it. it's a relatively slow skill that can't be afked and has no monetary reward and the last useful thing to come from the level is the agility armor and shortcuts that cutoff at like 90.

I have 99 agility, I enjoyed very little of my time training it but I love the fact that I have set my mind on a goal and accomplished it. that I managed to get 99 in a skill that most people cant' tolerate past level 70. i've played since 2001 so i am clearly not from the "new generation" and I can tell you from personal experience that the efficiency/grind mentality has been around since the beginning. Most people played casually and somewhat "noobish" until they found a community like tif for instance. I've been apart of tif since early 02 when it was still scapeboards and that is how i learned to be a more efficient player and because of that I enjoy my playing time much more now. You have to grind to be rewarded with the more fun aspects of runescape these days. I'm currently grinding out 95 prayer for turmoil, is it fun no. But will it be worth it? Yes.

I liked getting 99 agility. I'd think most people who have it did.

quit

If you played runescape expecting to enjoy every second of it then no one would have 99 agility, think about it. it's a relatively slow skill that can't be afked and has no monetary reward and the last useful thing to come from the level is the agility armor and shortcuts that cutoff at like 90.

I have 99 agility, I enjoyed very little of my time training it but I love the fact that I have set my mind on a goal and accomplished it. that I managed to get 99 in a skill that most people cant' tolerate past level 70. i've played since 2001 so i am clearly not from the "new generation" and I can tell you from personal experience that the efficiency/grind mentality has been around since the beginning. Most people played casually and somewhat "noobish" until they found a community like tif for instance. I've been apart of tif since early 02 when it was still scapeboards and that is how i learned to be a more efficient player and because of that I enjoy my playing time much more now. You have to grind to be rewarded with the more fun aspects of runescape these days. I'm currently grinding out 95 prayer for turmoil, is it fun no. But will it be worth it? Yes.

I liked getting 99 agility. I'd think most people who have it did.

I hope training agil stays fun for me.........

Ummmmmm.....................

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

Somewhere upwards of 5mil for a battle robe bottom seems pretty good to me. Thats like 5k gp per token. Way better then the 775gp per token that rune or dragon gaunts will get you.

It's 538k brah....

PM me for fitocracy invite

It's 538k brah....

Street price "brah", battle robes are extremely undervalued on the GE currently, but they also have a limited supply. This means updating is rare, and it will take a long time for them to reach their GE potential.

Staurolite.png

I instantly log out if I'm doing some I don't want to. Unless, of course, I'm going for a level so I can manage a quest or something.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I instantly log out if I'm doing some I don't want to. Unless, of course, I'm going for a level so I can manage a quest or something.

I have to ask, why do you start doing something you don't want to do?

Not much to say.

If you want to find me in Runescape, my name is not applyapple. It is vetoscadiva.

Complain as you like about Jagex, but think about what they've done. How many MMORPG designers go around to creating as complex an in-game world as Jagex? They do need to get around to making a equipable knife, though.

With everyone's complaining about updates, it's amzing that there isn't a forum topic on the fact that the chat box says "You can't reach that" (as opposed to "I can't reach that!").

it's probably because they feel an in-born urge "beat the game" or something similar

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

it's probably because they feel an in-born urge "beat the game" or something similar

Heh. That is the most likely reason. Why do the social expectations of society have to carry over into video games?

Not much to say.

When you get 99s it's really fun! But, there are the fun moments and the boring moments just like IRL. RuneScape is a multi-tasking game. Sometimes while I play RuneScape I watch videos, TV, read webcomics, or I just get into PMing my friends.

tifsbti6oi.gif

When you get 99s it's really fun! But, there are the fun moments and the boring moments just like IRL. RuneScape is a multi-tasking game. Sometimes while I play RuneScape I watch videos, TV, read webcomics, or I just get into PMing my friends.

I've never gotten a 99, but I feel the same way about grind ing for quest requisites. Right now , I'm working towards wgs, and it's actually kinda fun running around getting potion ingredients.

Not much to say.

It's the skillcapes. The entire game is a race to 99 and that is all anybody cares about anymore.

Because you said so?

Minergoo, in all honesty why do you care why people play? The human psyche still hasn't been completely been mapped out, there's no use trying to do it now.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Minergoo, I understand the only reason your going for 200m woodcutting is because it is a personal achievement in your eyes. But seriously why would you chop vines all day long for "fun" I could think of a ton of other ways to have fun other than the intense skill it takes to click on a vine and switch your screen to something else while you wait for the chopping sound to stop. I play to train pointless things that are sometimes not even fun at all, because I find it to be an achievement. That is why I find it "fun".

Low_C.png