Collecting Charms

Death123141

WaterFiends in the Ancient cavern, at your stats, using protect from range, a bunyip+ EE/SGS should be enough for all the damage, so you wouldn't need to pay much attention. They have decent drops as well, which should pay for the potions Plus.

You could also try ranging Iron or steel/black dragons. They drop 2/3 charms respectively (mostly green), and it's easy to semi-AFK them while ranging (you could also get a visage if you were lucky)

Then there's always doing slayer. It's not always AFK-able, but still a fun way to collect charms, money and xp.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

You could also try ranging Iron or steel/black dragons. They drop 2/3 charms respectively (mostly green), and it's easy to semi-AFK them while ranging (you could also get a visage if you were lucky)

What would be the best equipment for this accuracy gear or void? And should I use a cbow or something else?

Definetly use a cross bow. Broad bolts are good and cheap. As for Void vs Black hide/Arma. Well, I don't like Pest Control, so I don't have void, and haven't been able to compare them. But if I had to guess, I'd go with more accuracy, as those dragons have a pretty high defence, and increasing your max hit is useless if you never hit with it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I would say Dust Devils or Black Demons would be better then metals. Even if you do get a chance at a visage/dragon drops, you get terrible charm drops. Dusties and Demons have decent crimson charm drops, dusties can drop the D Chainbody while Demons can be afk'd. Both can be done in the CT, where charm droprates are a little better then their counterparts elsewhere.

Or you c an do slayer and get levels that way, its what i was and still am doing for my last few levels.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

considering money is an issue for you, I'd stay away from green charms (and dragons subsequently)

Black demons are a good option for you.

Even prayer doesn't cost that much in proper gear.

Either way you will need to pay a decent amount of attention to pick up the crimsons anyways,

Ranging is also an option as previously mentioned

but in complete honesty, summoning is not a skill you should AFK to get up.

I'd recommend doing bork + familiarization.

The charm rate while doing those two diversions will add up very quickly.

40 minutes @ familiarizations + waterfiends would definitely nail you as many crimson charms as 4-6 hours of AFK dust devils/black demons or 8-10 hours of bronze dragons.

Naaxi.png

What exactly is "familiarization"?

Familiarisation is a recent D&D. Basically, you find an obelisk with Pikkenmix (Pikkupstix's apprentice), and then you'll enter the obelisk, and you're transformed into a familiar, and you walk around the area picking up raw shards while avoiding certain familiar's who will reduce your energy bar, and once it's gone, you'll get booted out of the plane. http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=familiarisation.htm there's our guide on it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

What exactly is "familiarization"?

Familiarisation is a recent D&D. Basically, you find an obelisk with Pikkenmix (Pikkupstix's apprentice), and then you'll enter the obelisk, and you're transformed into a familiar, and you walk around the area picking up raw shards while avoiding certain familiar's who will reduce your energy bar, and once it's gone, you'll get booted out of the plane. http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=familiarisation.htm there's our guide on it.

Thanks.

The only dragons worth killing for charms are the KBD and wyverns. All the others give mainly green charms, which provide a tiny fraction of the XP of crimsons.

Waterfiends are still the go-to monster for high levels who need charms.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Just stick with waterfiends (since you can't afford rock lobs), your next best option is many times worse. If you want charms, wf are the way to go. If you want money, there are better ways then killing drags. Don't mix the two together.

I collected about 1.7k crimson charms at waterfiends the week before the double xp weekend. I found this setup to be extremely effective.

Full slayer helm (not on task, but it still gives +10 mage defense and good range def)

Fury (awesome!)

Karil's Top

Karils Skirt

Dragon boots

Obsidian cape (I'm a noob yes, but now I have sw cape, so its all good)

Seer's ring (For the +4 mage def, Archer ring is a good choice also. If you happen to have onyx ring (i) use that of course)

Barrows gloves (Dragon also work, but I would consider regen instead of dragon gloves)

Weapon: Zamorakian spear (you cant beat it for waterfiends, it has the speed, the power, and gives a slight defense bonus)

Inventory:

Enhanced excaliber

1 super attac

1 super strength

1 super defence

2 bunyip pouches

100 swallow whole scrolls

dramen or lunar staff

Fill up rest with monkfish

Strategy:

You should bank at zanaris, and get all set up. Then, go to the fairy ring, and on your way, summon a bunyip and recharge your sum points. This allows you to summon the 2nd bunyip inside the cave. Tele into the cavern using the code BJQ (you must have fixed the fairy ring already, more on this later). Change your attack mode to crush (wielding the dramen staff changes it to stab every time), drink one dose of super set, and begin smashing waterfiends up. If you are planning to afk, then you should head to the left once you tele into the cavern and kill those waterfiends. If you get pulled to far up towards the brutal greens, they just use their ranged firebreath to destroy you. Kill the waterfiends and make sure to watch for the raw fish. You get 3-6 raw shark sometimes, and 6-12 raw lobsters sometimes. All you have to do is cast your bunyip special move, and click on the raw fish to eat it. Once you lose about 25-30 hp (250-300 lp, but i will never change!!!!) use Enhanced excaliber to heal up. I try to use this whenever I happen to get special attack again.

I was able to get between 80 and 100 crimson charms per 2 bunyips doing this, and normally my trip length was limited by the bunyips running out, not by running out of food. If you get a raw shark drop right away, then i suggest dropping the monkfish and picking up the raw sharks. You might get a chance to pick some monkfish up later, and even if you dont, the other people in there appreciate the free food.

Drops to take:

Mith arrows (i got about 17k mith arrows, so about 1k every 2 bunyips)

Water orbs (decent xp from green charms making hydras, and in general just worth it)

Crimson charms (obviously)

Blood runes (only if you have inventory space)

Death runes (same as above)

Water runes (when u have inventory space)

snape grass (i got about 800 or so from them, its usuful for making pots without having to collect it)

You start with one inventory space open from summoning the first bunyip, and into this goes your crimson charms. You can put mith arrows into your ammo slot. Nothing else is worth eating or dropping food to take it, so take only when you have room.

Fixing the Fairy ring:

Its relatively simple, just take 5 regular mushrooms (examine: a bittercap mushroom), a spade, a lunar staff, an antidragonbreath shield, some food, and some armor. Use the mushrooms on the fairy ring and use your lunar staff to teleport out. The fairy ring is all the way back into the cavern, in the middle of the main area of waterfiends and just a few steps from the stairs to kuradel. Again, the code is BJQ.

Have fun collecting charms! :)

pere_grin.png

For wf, I use:

Full melee void

Fury

D boots

SS

Berserker (i)

Fire cape

2 extreme att and str

The whole time, flash SS with turmoil and berserker so you don't need p pots, food, or a familiar. With this setup I can get 120-125 crims/hr.