Animal Crossing Discussion

Youmu

animalcrossing.jpg

Animal Crossing, known in Japan as Dōbutsu no Mori, is a video game series developed by Nintendo, in which the player lives his/her own virtual life in a village populated with anthropomorphic animals. The game takes place in real time, reflecting the current time of day and season. The individual games have been widely praised for their uniqueness and innovative nature,[1][2][3] which has led to the series becoming one of Nintendo's leading franchises. As of January 2010, over 15,000,000 units of games from the Animal Crossing series have been sold.[4]

So, have you guys played the Animal Crossing games? I personally have, and the games are, in my opinion, one of the most addicting games that I have ever played.

I personally have played AC:WW (Animal Crossing: Wild World) for about a year now, and my sister and I both have a copy. I haven't played the other two games in the series.

What are your goals in the game? What villagers do you have in your town? What strange gift did you get from a special visitor?

Discuss anything you want about the Animal Crossing games. Post your friend codes here as well, if you wish!

Personally, my goals are to fill up the entire museum, obtain Platinum status at Nook's store, pay off all my mortgage loans, and obtain all golden tools.

Oh and if you have friend codes to post, put them in this format:

*TIF username here*

Game:

Town Name:

Character Name:

Friend Code:

Native Fruit:

I'll start.

[hide=Friend Codes]Sonic3190

Game: Animal Crossing: Wild World

Town Name: Segaland

Character Name: Marty

Friend Code: 3437-0488-6801

Native Fruit: Apples (I have all fruits though)

AmblerIII

Game: Animal Crossing: City Folk

Town Name: Nowhere

Character Name: Matthew

Friend Code: None

Native Fruit: Pears (with a few apples)

Mckinzy5

Game: WW and CF

Town Name: Buckley, Indy

Character Name: Peyton, Jesse

Friend Code: Not told yet

Native Fruit: Pears, Apples[/hide]

And feel free to post screenies here as well! :D

---

And now, I shall present... my ACWW money mini-guide! :)

[hide=Money Guide]Need a desperate method to earn cash, to pay off your house mortgage? Want to deposit bells for the saving prizes?

Well then, use this guide to help you!

Below, I shall go over all the good ways to make cash in the game, as well as how you should spend it.

Money Rock

Every day, one rock in your town will be a money rock. If you hit it with a shovel, bells will pop out, with each bag containing more cash than the one before.

However, when you hit the rock, you will be knocked back a little.

The solution to this is to dig two holes around you, so you will stay in place.

You can't tell whether a rock is a money rock just by looking at it, so always dig holes around you just to make sure.

Here are the amounts that you can get from the money rock:

1 hit - 100 bells

2 hits - 200 bells

3 hits - 400 bells

4 hits - 800 bells

5 hits - 1000 bells

6 hits - 2000 bells

7 hits - 4000 bells

8 hits - 8000 bells

If your timing was mostly correct, you should be able to get at least 7 bags from the rock, bringing the total to 8500 bells. If you timed it even better you can get the 8th bag, making the total 16500 bells.

Not to mention each character has its own money rock, so you can get 34000-66000 bells daily.

This is a very good idea to make some quick cash, so always use it!

Shaking Trees (non-fruit trees)

Each day, 2 trees will contain furniture, 3 trees with bees, and about 10 with 100 bells in them.

What you're really looking for is the bees. Each bee sells for 4500 bells, so you can earn 13500 bells on the bees alone.

Add the other prizes, and you'll get ~15000 bells each day with a different character.

Of course, that is assuming you are always able to catch a bee, which is quite difficult to do. So, here's my bee-catching strategy.

1. Shake non-fruit trees until a beehive drops.

2. When it appears, run directly away from the beehive.

3. Open your inventory (the bee can't sting you this way). Equip your net.

4. When the "bee circle", as I call it, looks slightly different, close your inventory.

5. Swing your net as fast as you can. The bee should be caught.

Note: If you haven't donated the bee to the museum yet, do that first, then sell all subsequent bees to Tom Nook.

Fruit Trees

No, I'm not talking about the native fruit in your town. I'm talking about foreign fruits, which are fruits that you don't normally have.

Coconuts also count, and it's recommended to make coconut trees too, as they attract 4 different beetles that can only be caught on these.

They can only be made at the southern area of your town (near the beach).

Now, the problem lies in getting the fruit. The easiest (and obvious) way is to get fruit from another person's town.

But if you don't know anyone else with a copy of the game (which can be disadvantageous due to Nookington's), here's what you should do.

1. Write a one-lined letter. The spelling has to be correct, but it doesn't have to make sense. Just write "friend friend" or something.

2. Attach a present of any kind. It can be bells, furniture, or even garbage.

3. When the villager writes back, you should get either a fruit or a shirt as a present. Note that villagers will not always write back.

After getting the fruit, chop down an existing tree (I'd recommend a native fruit tree) and plant the fruit there. This guarantees tree growth.

In order for this to be effective though, you need A LOT of fruit trees, which can take some time to make.

Now, why is this effective, you may ask? All foreign fruit (including coconuts) sell for 500 bells. This means that each fruit tree gives you an automatic 1500 bells, with coconut trees giving you 1000 bells each.

This means that if you have 100 fruit trees in your town, you can potentially make 150000 bells every 3 days, and possibly a bit more due to the other daily money methods.

It takes quite a bit of effort, but considering the rewards, this is WELL worth the trouble.

Money Trees

First off, you need a golden shovel. To do this, simply bury a regular shovel, and set the time to 6am, on the next day. The shovel turns golden by then.

Next, find an existing tree (either normal or native fruit tree), cut it down, and dig up the stump.

Now, this is where it gets tricky - the tree will grow, but it won't guarantee money on it.

A lot of guides have mentioned that the more bells you plant, the better chance the tree will yield cash. Well, this isn't true.

I've planted 2 trees with 99000 bell bags (which is supposed to give a 99% chance), and neither of them yielded cash. So much for a 99% chance of growth...

Therefore, you should make money trees by planting bags of 100 bells.

However, even then, this is an inadvisable method of making cash.

Why? Because the odds of failure are so high.

And to make matters worse, once you collect the 3 bell bags from the tree (all of them 30000 bells), they will never grow cash again.

It's good to make more trees using the 100 bells method once in a while, but stick to foreign fruit if you wish to make tons of cash.

Fishing

Ahh, fishing. What an enjoyable pastime. By far one of my favorite things to do in ACWW.

To start, you need a fishing rod. Buy one from Tom Nook for 500 bells or get one free from Tortimer during the Fishing Tourney. Your choice.

Bug Catching

Fossils

Balloon Presents

White Turnips

Red Turnips

Animal Favors[/hide]

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Ill dig up my one soon aswell, also, you should add a "fruit" section!

AmblerIII ('the real one' IRS)

Character Name: Matthew (or bonbon as the villagers call me :evil: )

Friend Code: Coming soon! (note- this is for "lets go to the city" )

Fruit: Pears, and a few apples from a friend!

My current goal is to pay for the final part of my house, then it is 100% done and dusted!

My fave achievement so far: I have a full easter room, thanks to me getting it on my birthday, which was the day before easter!

Also I have manged to fill up my wardrobe with stuff, and I really want to get rid of it!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Ill dig up my one soon aswell, also, you should add a "fruit" section!

AmblerIII ('the real one' IRS)

Character Name: Matthew (or bonbon as the villagers call me :evil: )

Friend Code: Coming soon! (note- this is for "lets go to the city" )

Fruit: Pears, and a few apples from a friend!

Hmm, I guess I shall also add a "what game" category. Can't believe I forgot that! :wall:

And what, a "fruit" section? Are you talking about foreign fruits in the game?

(I'll probably make a small money-making guide on the OP... if I get enough requests I'll do it.)

And my friend's town is also called "Nowhere". :lol:

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out what you are talking about with the fruit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I loved the GC and DS games, I put many hours into both, I think I had a very good village although its been some time since I booted up the game.

Actually, it's the same case for me here. This is about the 4th time or so that I've quit and come back to this game.

Someday, you'll come back to Animal Crossing. It's just an unforgettable gaming experience for me. :wub:

Also, this week is the Flower Fest! What I do is pick up other people's flowers and plant them in my garden, so I can win the awesome Flower trophy. :D

And for me, the most recent achievements I got these few days are catching a dab (fish donation), buying a hamster cage (spotlight product), and getting the one-story model (70k+ HRA points).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I play Wild World once in a while. My goals for it are simple enough. Pay off my final mortgage (300k to go, I believe), complete the museum (fossils are done, everything else is still a long way off) and donate enough to the poor town for all rewards (I've only got the first one so far).

As far as friend codes go, I don't have one right now. Maybe eventually.

I play Wild World once in a while. My goals for it are simple enough. Pay off my final mortgage (300k to go, I believe), complete the museum (fossils are done, everything else is still a long way off) and donate enough to the poor town for all rewards (I've only got the first one so far).

Aww, why is everyone on their final mortgage? I'm still trying to pay off the left room mortgage to obtain the right room... D:

Also, a tip on obtaining feathers. The amount required to get the feathers are cumulative (e.g. donating 1k bells 10 times is the exact same as donating 10k bells one time).

Here's a Boondox guide for further information.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Aww, why is everyone on their final mortgage? I'm still trying to pay off the left room mortgage to obtain the right room... D:

Also, a tip on obtaining feathers. The amount required to get the feathers are cumulative (e.g. donating 1k bells 10 times is the exact same as donating 10k bells one time).

Here's a Boondox guide for further information.

In my case, I've had the game for far longer than a year, and have a few good money-making methods. As for the feathers, I know I just have to chip away at it, but I'm paying off my mortgage first, since it is my last. Of course, I haven't played much lately, though.

In my case, I've had the game for far longer than a year, and have a few good money-making methods. As for the feathers, I know I just have to chip away at it, but I'm paying off my mortgage first, since it is my last. Of course, I haven't played much lately, though.

I have good money-making methods too (foreign fruit trees, money rock, shaking trees, bugs/fishes/fossils, balloon presents, villager gifts, etc.). It's just that it takes sooooo long just to even get in the millions.

And of course I buy a lot of stuff.

Took at a look at my town, 7.3m bells in the post office, room full of collectable Nintendo stuffs and some nice rare clothes and items.

You have all Nintendo items? Nice! (All I have is the Arwing... still looking out for the Triforce.)

Oh yeah, did you get the Metroid from Gulliver yet?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Wow, that's just... :blink:

Anyways, Animal Crossing is so boring at this time of year... so few bugs/fish, not much new items...

I wish it was summer already. D:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

In order to make this discussion more "alive", post some stuff about what has happened lately in your Animal Crossing lives! It doesn't have to be today, it can be what you have done in the past week or so.

So, anything major that happened today? Well, nothing too big in particular, except for a Point Special, and when Coco moved away, Savannah moved in. Good thing I already have Coco's pic.

And for some odd reason, my time is one week ahead of what it's supposed to be, so I already got the flower trophy from the Flower Fest. :unsure:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I played the GC version of Animal Crossing to death. I caught every species of fish and insect (all of which are in my museum), found every fossil, and had all but a few art pieces. My house was completely paid off, and I had the millionaire trophy thing. I had every golden tool except for the axe (my damn village was never good enough for Mr. Fountain).

My fruit was peach. :thumbup:

I haven't played in ages...my village probably looks terrible with all the weeds. <_<

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I finally made a money guide... but it's still a WIP so yeah.

Will add screenies soon.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Game: WW and CF

Town Name: Buckley, Indy (it doesnt matter the town name its just there for memory you could put hell for all the game cares)

Character Name:Peyton, Jesse

Friend Code: I cbf ill tell you later

Native Fruit: Pears, Apples

If you come to my acww town dont be an [wagon] and pick up all my tiles i have laid out to kill weeds >.> use the L button to run

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Alright, added.

I use the L button to run as well, lol. :P

Oh and why use patterns? They trigger stuff like the disappearing items problem. It's well worth it to pick the 3 weeds everyday in your town rather than being lazy.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 1 year later...

*Sir Delvin*

Game: Cityfolk

Town Name: Chapsvil (my sister came up with it.)

Character Name: Connor, Olivia, Tinie, Karson

Friend Code: Forgot it; going to check later.

Native Fruit: Pears, but we have imported peaches, apples, and coconuts.

We're going to try to get a friend code.

My best friend is a mouse named Rod.

I've got most of the fish; It's been two years.

Most of the bugs too.

I'm keeping the Roman Candles and Sparklers from the fireworks for Christmas and New Year.

Our first disc got scratched; we have a new copy. Thank Serena that the Wii stores the memory, not the disc.

EDIT: We have a friend code! I'll have to check it later...

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I love AC. I have the Wii version and the DS version, and they're making a 3DS version that makes me crave the 3DS even more :(

I'll need to re-set up my internet connection to get a new friend code, once I have done that I'll post my friend codes :D

Did anyone else have a heart attack when Resetti appeared?

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog