Pray or herb..

nightshade53

I do tons of monstter hunting, and I have 150mish to spend.

I'm 84 prayer and 65 herb.

I could get to 95 prayer with 20m left or I could train herblore a bit!

My favourite monsters to kill are DKs, TDs and Sara GWD. I have 99 att str def range mage and 96 summoning.

What should I spend on herb or prayer?

I've actually bought bones for 95 pray, but a lot of people are telling me that I would have been better off training herblore first.

I suppose it comes down to:

Overloads > Turmoil?

I rarely pk

Well if you clean herbs you actually profit, I have heard that you can get about 100k an hour by just cleaning herbs, but you have to click a lot. My point being that prayer seems to be a "buyable-only" skill whereas there are other methods of training herblore that do not require tons of gold. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of overloads > turmoil sorry

goro_fujita.png

If you piety your slayer tasks then turmoil is the better investment as turmoil drains a lot slower than piety but if you don't extremes are the better option. Overloads are only worth it if you solo GWD or corp a lot.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I have heard extremes a better. But think about this, prayer is a one time investment, while herblore you have to keep buying/making potions.

Also another thing to consider is that dragon bones are always going to be rising (over the span of the time to get lvl 99) so if you have already bought them, selling them back and buying them later will be more expensive. Where as with herblore, the price of the herbs are staying fairly stable.

goro_fujita.png

I have heard extremes a better. But think about this, prayer is a one time investment, while herblore you have to keep buying/making potions.

Also another thing to consider is that dragon bones are always going to be rising (over the span of the time to get lvl 99) so if you have already bought them, selling them back and buying them later will be more expensive. Where as with herblore, the price of the herbs are staying fairly stable.

Not really, I got 85 herb a few months ago, and the most reasonable option cost 25gp/exp; a few days ago when getting 92, the cheapest was 31-32gp/exp (excluding noob methods like cleaning, 207s, or making unf).

Yeah. Extreme Magics are faster xp and don't require you to spend so much time gathering feathers.

Well from 88+ I assumed that I would make extremes, saving them to make overloads with. Is that not the case?

How would I train from 69-88?

Not really, I got 85 herb a few months ago, and the most reasonable option cost 25gp/exp; a few days ago when getting 92, the cheapest was 31-32gp/exp (excluding noob methods like cleaning, 207s, or making unf).

Making (unf)s certainly isn't reccomended :smile:

OT: Personally, as a "DKer" more than anything else I chose prayer first because I too have a Yak so I will be brewing in place of my food negating extremes.

The other thing is that prayer seems more "universal" to me, I can use soul split and turmoil in more situations than I would find extremes plausable.

In a simple prayer or herblore question - prayer

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Super Restores til magic potions til sara brews til recover specials til extreme strength.

At TDS: Herblore > prayer

At DKS: Prayer > Herb (unless you get overloads, then herb wins)

At slayer: Prayer > Herb

I don't do slayer at all.

I do about equal DKs/TDs. At DKs I use super att/str + range pot and I can see how amazing overloads would be. They would be my goal if I were going to train herb.

Ok first of all why is cleaning herbs "noob", it is a valid and cost effective way of training herblore. Second, because you discount cleaning herbs as a way of getting xp, which is usually a profit/xp I would have to maintain my point that prayer has (and any unknown updates ignored) and always will continue to rise in cost. Herblore, as i stated, has remained a profit skill (using cleaning herbs as xp). Prayer is in every case, a profit lost skill to train, and to minimize losses, it is best to train it first.

goro_fujita.png

Depends on the type of player you are. If you bosshunt/Pvm more, overloads definately. If you're a pker, turmoil. Got it? Saradomin brews instead of food makes EVERYTHING easier, whilst turmoil only makes you hits higher.

I'm also in this boat. I'm looking to get either overloads or turmoil. Personally, it comes down to what methods you do at the bosses you hunt. If you range a lot (Which I still think you should do at Sara gwd, turm takes 2 hits to kick in) Then extremes are by far better. Learn to time your overloads. Not to mention super prayers or spec restores.

If you're duoing td's melée or are the one that takes down supreme at Dks, get turm. The extra melée attack helps, plus you don't have to time anything. Also, 3 words: Soul split rex.

There's my 2c, I plan on getting overloads first as I can stew to them.

Edit: I don't condone crashing, but if you want some lulz while still bossing:

With Herby, take Zs, super antifires, overload to kbd on a ls world and crash a big team. If you get turm, crash supreme instead :>

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

Super Restores til magic potions til sara brews til recover specials til extreme strength.

At TDS: Herblore > prayer

At DKS: Prayer > Herb (unless you get overloads, then herb wins)

At slayer: Prayer > Herb

I don't do slayer at all.

I do about equal DKs/TDs. At DKs I use super att/str + range pot and I can see how amazing overloads would be. They would be my goal if I were going to train herb.

Just gonna kind of expand on what he said. At tormented demons eagle eye makes curses not worth using which is why herb wins. At dks prayer wins over extremes because trips usually come down to how many prayer pots you have which an extreme set would limit, but overloads would certainly beat them especially tribriding. Slayer well I'm gonna have to disagree a little bit on this one. I think they're about equal tbh soul split helps and turmoil speeds it up but that depends on if you use piety during tasks anyway. Extreme pots speed it up but that also depends on if you use potions for slayer anyway. If you use potions but no piety then you'll want herblore if you use piety but not potions or both piety and potions you'll want prayer.