Dungeoneering Guide and Skills- Updates and Corrections

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Artemis! I've changed all worldbearer times to 60 as that what they all appear to be and added parenthesis with their BoB amounts inside; 12-30.

here is the pic in png dungeoneering-1.png

Thank you for redoing the picture, I'll edit it and add it to the guide as well as credit you. :thumbsup:

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I actually made an account just to help out with the dungeoneering guide ^_^

for the guide entry on Lexicus Runewright it says:

"Will use books at attack, including book minions and a 'book barrage' spell that hits hard. To avoid book barrage, run away when you hear him yell "Book Barrage!"

Another important thing not listed under his information is that any form of Melee attack causes 1/3rd damage inflicted recoil back on the player.

For Rammernaut:

He seems to be weak to Earth spells, not such in the way that Ice strykewyrm is to fire, but it's accuracy has proved much better than Air/Water/Fire spells, I've only tested this for about 500 spell casts on him, but I think it is worthy to note.

Night-gazer Khighorahk:

For the first form (before he respawns a weaker version of himself):

The lighting of the fire seems to be directly porpotionate to ones maximum hit with a weapon, being with each altar lit i believe it allows 25% damage done per altar that is lit, example:

If your maximum hit with weapon X is 400,

0 lights lit: 0 damage maximum possible

1 light lit: 100 damage maximum possible (25% of 400)

2 lights lit: 200 damage maximum possible (50% of 400)

4 lights lit: 400 damage maximum possible (100% of 400)

Also, the largest number I have been hit by Night-Gazer Khighorahk has been a 720. I'm not sure if that is his maximum hit, as that was all of the life points i had at that time, I believe that only his flying-pound attack can do this much damage, so standing further back and ranging would be advised, or if you are melee'ing it, run away when it jumps into the air.

for the guide entry on Luminescent Icefiend:

Luminescent Icefiend's ice rain attack can not kill a player. If a player is hit below 80 hp the rain will no longer hurt the player, I say this because it is important to note that EATING WHILE BEING HURT BY THE RAIN IS A WASTE OF FOOD.

for the guide entry on Bulwark Beast:

Magic spells can deal damage directly to the Bulwark Beast's health.

for the guide entry on Geomancer Shaman:

Use of prayer (visible or not) against Geomancer Shaman can cause it to turn your prayer off as well as heal some in the process.

for the guide entry on Unholy Cursebearer:

There are restoration things on the walls that will restore your stats (not HP or Prayer) at the expense of healing Unholy Cursebearer some.

Thank you for reading my input, I hope it is of help,

for the record my RS username is Malevolent, feel free to look it up on the high scores to check to be sure i am not making up information, as of now i am level 53 dungeoneering.

Enjoy.

Tiers & Levels should not be confused - the Level is the requires summoning level to make the familiar - so many numbers! :blink:

SachemBloodragerTier10.png

NaabeWorldbearerTier7.png

CubStormbringerTier1.png

BrahSkinweaverTier6.png

AdeptHoardstalkerTier9.png

AdeptDeathslingerTier9.png

Sorry they are 'out of order', it's late and I summoned them as I got the ingredients. :P I summoned each of them on full points (94) just in case anyone wanted to check the summoning point cost to cast a pouch. I hope the picture is enough, if you need me to write out their name, and time then let me know and I'll do that later (sorry but I'm going to sleep now!) :lol:

Thank you,

Vhellcat

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png

- Longbow sight

- 30 Dungeoneering, 45 Range for maple longbow; 30 Dungeoneering, 55 Range for magic longbow

- Increases the ranged attack of a maple longbow to 110 and a magic longbow to 140.

That's what the Dungeoneering guide says. But it's not mentioned anywhere that the Magic longbow (focused) is a members' item and not F2P.

The item in fact is F2P, but you might want to split the 'use' up in 2 sections, F2P (maple) and P2P (magic)

~water

24bjlt2.png

-new channel-

The link for Dungeoneering Skills under "Skills Related Subguides" sends me to the Construction Table.

This had been fixed a couple of days ago, but the changes came live with a bit of delay. Thanks nevertheless! :)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Here is a cleaner skill guide icon. This can also be used for the skill related subguide icon.

dungeonicon.png

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6729/dungeonicon.png

just a small addition

4e0Vn.png

Here is a cleaner skill guide icon. This can also be used for the skill related subguide icon.

dungeonicon.png

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6729/dungeonicon.png

just a small addition

That looks very good, but the preferred image we would like to use is the in-game "Ring of kinship", any chance I could get you to make a picture of that? Ours is a little 'chopped'! Thank you :smile:

bike.png

Here's something I stumbled upon that doesn't appear to be in the guide:

rsdungrocks.png

Basically, you just mine through the rocks to get to the other doors. The big rocks disappear forever, but the smaller rocks will reappear and fall within seconds after you mine them. The re-spawning of the rocks can be prevented by repairing both of the collapsing struts on either side of the small pathways with a hammer. If one of the rocks falls on to you, you lose a good chunk of your life points.

Boss information based on my experiences with them (have fought everyone up to Lexicus Runewright, each fairly successfully).

Gluttonous Behemoth

Carcasses will be on either side of him (1 in a solo dungeon, 2 in a group of 2 or more). Make sure at least 1 player is standing between him and these carcasses, or he will heal rapidly. One player between each carcass is enough, so additional players may play it safe and attack him from a distance with Range or Magic, although he does have Range and Magic attacks that can still hit them. Protect from Magic and metal armor is advised.

Astea Frostweb

Protect from Magic will minimize the amount of time that she will freeze you for, so she can be attacked with melee with only minor difficulties. Range is still far superior. While she's protecting from your current attack style, either change styles or work to kill Spiders to minimize the damage they inflict. Keep spread out, as she cases an Ice Barrage like attack that can hit anyone near her target.

Icy Bones

Melee attack hits all adjacent players, so try to keep as few players directly adjacent to him as possible. Protect from Melee does not fully protect against his attacks, so it's wise to have 1 player 'distract' him while everyone else attacks him from a far. Will occasionally summon icicles to isolate him from players near him. Range and Magic attacks can still shoot over these. Protect from Range until he gets close, then use Protect from Melee to minimize the damage.

Luminescent Icefiend

Just keep attacking him. Occasionally will encase himself in Ice for a special attack. Run around continuously to avoid it. Will do this attack one final time with anywhere from 1-20 Life Points left. Protect from Range advised.

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz

Use fast melee weapons, or even medium speed weapons, but avoid slow weapons if at all possible. If you have a slow melee weapon, consider finding a faster one, even if it's not as good as you can use. He pushes you often enough that you may not always get an attack in with slower weapons. He is immune to Magic and Range attacks. Protect from Magic and use metal armor.

To'Kash the Bloodchiller

Will occasionally encase the players in Ice, stopping them from attacking or moving. When he attacks a player encased in this ice, they will be broken free, but take damage. That player should then run around and break their partners free, who won't take damage when freed by a player. Is a demon, so Magic attacks supposedly are more effective against him.

Skeletal Horde

Bring Magic or Range. Stay near the Divine Skinweaver, who will heal you quite quickly. You should still use Protect from Magic or Protect from Range, depending on which type is being used most by the Skeletons, as the Skinweaver can't heal you fast enough sometimes. The Skinweaver will eventually tell you the tunnels are weak, at which point, one player should run out, collapse a tunnel, and return to the Skinweaver.

Geomancer Shaman

Will occasionally disable your prayers, and may bind you then teleport. Protect from Magic minimizes this, when you can use it, allowing him to be Meleed effectively, especially with a group, when he can only cast his bind on one player at a time. The bind doesn't last very long, regardless.

Bulwark Beast

Can only be damaged at first with a Pick Axe. After so much damage, he can be affected by other weapons. Better Pick Axes do more damage, so get the best you can. Protect from Magic with metal armor.

Unholy Cursebearer

Protect from Magic and metal armor. Just continue to attack him, and if your stats get too low, go ahead and pray at the unholy altar. He does not regain too many Life Points when you do this. Will cast a fungus on you, which is similar to poison, except that praying at the unholy altars are the only way to remove it. Hits for approximately 1/10th of your Life Points at its worst.

Rammernaut

Bring Magic. Continue running around, so that he cannot get more than 1 shot off on you at a time. He will die fairly quickly. Has a melee attack where he spins around and hits everyone around him, and has another one where he charges at an enemy, moving them aside and stunning them.

Stomp

Attack him, then collect the crystals from amidst the debris he drops (he will do this each time he loses approximately 1/3rd of his Life Points) If he blocks one of the Lodestones with the debris, hold on to the Crystals, as that same color will be used the next time the Lodestones are available. Then stand by the Lodestones while you damage him more, until he activates them again. Place them quickly before he has a chance to drop more debris to block them. Each time you fail to activate the Lodestones, he will heal by 1/3rd to his previous 'stage' of Life Points.

Har'Lakk the Riftsplitter

Will spawn area attacks of Fire and Miasmic (Ancient Magic). Simply run outside of the area he cover to minimize the damage (can hit you twice - 1 for 1/20th of your max Life points, and again for 1/10th of it. Guaranteed damage, always the same value). Is a demon, so Magic attacks supposedly are more effective.

Lexicus Runewright

Avoid attacking him with Melee, as damage you inflict will be reflected back to you slightly. Use Range instead - any kind, even Novite if that's what you must use. You shouldn't need much more than 75 arrows to kill him, but making more can be good as a precaution. Protect Magic and make sure that the instant he summons Books (using his "Almanac Army" attack) that you kill them quickly. They only have 10 Life Points each, but they can inflict severe damage (think Rat Swarm in DnD - lots of weak things can still hurt). When he calls for "Book Barrage," run! It doesn't matter where, so long as you aren't standing near where you just were. He will summon books that explode near where you were for massive damage, and if multiple books explode near you, they will each inflict damage (summons about 3-4 books for this at once).

TheLeonardo edit: I striked the text that will be in the guide to make it easier on me.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

here is the ring as it appears in the inventory.

dungeonicon2.png

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/8568/dungeonicon2.png

I took a picture of the ring from a chat box.

dungeonicon3.png

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8060/dungeonicon3.png

I tried to shrink the last image to make it skill icon sized.

dungeonicon4.png

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9155/dungeonicon4.png

I hope one of the icon sized images works. You can use the large key somewhere in the guide if you want.

EDIT: made these by shrinking the larger image and adding my own black outline.

dungeonicon5.png

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1447/dungeonicon5.png

dungeonicon5.png

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/1447/dungeonicon5.png

4e0Vn.png

A few possible additions to the notes on the Geomancer Shaman:

- When he disables your prayer, in addition to turning it off you are unable to turn it back on again for a short time.

- If you are using melee against him, he appears to teleport away from you. If you use range against him, he seems to teleport back next to you.

Here is some info on some bosses that would provide help killing them:

Astea Frostweb:

Using ranged and magic is suggested (specially if you solo) as she freezes you often.

Icy Bones:

If you are in a group it's suggested to take turns attacking him in solo. He uses massive damaging area attacks that might quickly wipe your group. To avoid death, leave a gatestone outside and teleport to it once you're low on health.

Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz:

You should be either ranging or maging it. If you wish to melee it, try to be in a spot in which he can't push you too far (eg: between him and door tiles or pillars)

ToKash the Bloodchiller:

When he freezes the group, the first player to get unfrozen by his attacks should quickly run to other players and click on their ice blocks to unfreeze them. Suggested to stay together when fighting it. [You won't believe how many people miss this, lol]

That's as much as my current progress can help! If credited, please use the name "Profins", not "Federalais2" :)

Edit: Here is more info on other matters:

Base Experience/Floor Experience:

It is affected by time taken to finish the floor. Jagex have set a time they think it would take to finish the floor and any more or less time taken will affect the floor xp accordingly.

[Confirmed by Jagex]

4. The base XP is based on what floor you completed, but then adjusted based on how long we expect that particular dungeon to be completed in. If you complete it faster than this, then you'll get faster XP than the dungeon thought you would. If you take longer, then your XP per hour will be slower.

Profins.png

specty.png

I dont know if anyone is aware of this room since it's not in the puzzles section(or at least i couldn't find it), but im sure other people have gotten this before. I was almost dead by the time i got to the center, and i didn't even have a high enough mining lvl to mine any of the other ways to go, and i had used up all my food. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do in this room cause once i actually got to the broken pillar i wasn't able to repair it, and it didn't say it was because of a too low lvl either. If you want me to crop the picture or something then tell me and ill do it, but i can't get another pic, cause im already doing something else other than dungeoneering.

Mining and falling rocks room

I love green. Yay green!

Jyreeil.png

I'm not sure what you're supposed to do in this room cause once i actually got to the broken pillar i wasn't able to repair it, and it didn't say it was because of a too low lvl either.

You can only repair the struts if you have mined through the rock adjacent to them, you can't be diagonal from them to repair them.

I've already mentioned this room a few posts ago.

Some of the Rewards are off:

Longbow sight- need 45 dungeoneering not 30

Nature Staff- need 53 dungeoneering with 30 attack and 53 magic not 40 dung with 40 attack and 40 magic

Law Staff- need 45 dungeoneering 30 attack and 45 magic not 40 dung with 40 attack and 40 magic

I dont know if anyone is aware of this room since it's not in the puzzles section(or at least i couldn't find it), but im sure other people have gotten this before. I was almost dead by the time i got to the center, and i didn't even have a high enough mining lvl to mine any of the other ways to go, and i had used up all my food. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do in this room cause once i actually got to the broken pillar i wasn't able to repair it, and it didn't say it was because of a too low lvl either. If you want me to crop the picture or something then tell me and ill do it, but i can't get another pic, cause im already doing something else other than dungeoneering.

Mining and falling rocks room

Added.

In order for us to use to picture, please save it as a .png

Some of the Rewards are off:

Longbow sight- need 45 dungeoneering not 30

Nature Staff- need 53 dungeoneering with 30 attack and 53 magic not 40 dung with 40 attack and 40 magic

Law Staff- need 45 dungeoneering 30 attack and 45 magic not 40 dung with 40 attack and 40 magic

Fixed this, but since different sources are giving different information I'm going with what's in-game.

bike.png

I believe there are two different types of ghost rooms. In one you have to use range to hit the ghost with the spirit in it because when you go near it the spirit will go to another ghost, and in another you can kill any ghost you want. I believe i heard someone say that in the second kind of room each ghost you kill will start to heal the rest if you dont kill them in time. I can not verify this, because i've always killed all the ghosts before they could start healing each other.

I love green. Yay green!

Jyreeil.png