Dungeoneering Guide and Skills- Updates and Corrections

This topic is now locked. The Dungeoneering Guides have progressed to a state where they can now be treated as normal skill guides. Thus, if any more Corrections are needed on any of the Dungeoneering Guides, please create a new topic on this forum. Thank you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You havent explained the shard xp toggle button next to player names in the ring interface.

Its on by default and means xp for actions other team members do earn you some xp.

Also you have at least two skill rooms missing, don;t have pictures but:

Guardian/Construction Room

Theres an outer ring with metal doors, and an broken guardian.

Also a chisel and a chest that contains magic stones.

The guardian can be missing head, arm and leg. Once rebuilt it wlaks around the room opening the doors.

Floor Trap Room

Has 4 rows of unavoidable spike floor traps just beyond door.

On each row 1 trap doesn't work, cross by trial and error.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Just like to point out that the recently added Dungeoneering skills page among the other skill guides leads to the Construction table.

Clicking on it takes you to the already existing Construction table.

The link is simply wrong and could easily be edited.

Just want you to know.

Crew Edit: Done. ~Juhniz

The runecrafting experiance table is incorrect ) Jagex nerfed it, unfortunately :(

For Death runes you now get 2xp per 10 runes crafted - don't know about the others. Perhaps other people could help there as I have given up doing the skill until there is proper support for solo players.

You havent explained the shard xp toggle button next to player names in the ring interface.

Its on by default and means xp for actions other team members do earn you some xp.

Also you have at least two skill rooms missing, don;t have pictures but:

Guardian/Construction Room

Theres an outer ring with metal doors, and an broken guardian.

Also a chisel and a chest that contains magic stones.

The guardian can be missing head, arm and leg. Once rebuilt it wlaks around the room opening the doors.

Floor Trap Room

Has 4 rows of unavoidable spike floor traps just beyond door.

On each row 1 trap doesn't work, cross by trial and error.

The runecrafting experiance table is incorrect ) Jagex nerfed it, unfortunately :(

For Death runes you now get 2xp per 10 runes crafted - don't know about the others. Perhaps other people could help there as I have given up doing the skill until there is proper support for solo players.

Thank you both for catching these. I've fixed them both and credited you.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

Would it be possible to adjust the new Dungeoneering guide to have less horizontal scroll for those with a 800x600 resolution? This would be the same view as has been made for the Dungeoneering Skills guide.

Thanks!

It is stated that the Bulwark Beast boss is unlocked at level 23, when in reality it is unlocked at level 24.

We've gotten picture confirmation from a fellow Crew Member that it was as low as 23. She only had 23 Dungeoneering and had the boss. I got the Plane-Freezer boss at level 11, when it states 12 (which I will be changing shortly). So not all of those are correct.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

While it is not vital to the skill, I think it's worth mentioning, as it just happened to me.

If you're planning on letting your members account lapse, be sure to "unbind" any items you have before doing so. Otherwise the item will be bound to you, and you're stuck with no way to destroy it. The members item doesn't show up in your inventory, you only get a message stating you already have a bound item.

Would it be possible to adjust the new Dungeoneering guide to have less horizontal scroll for those with a 800x600 resolution? This would be the same view as has been made for the Dungeoneering Skills guide.

Thanks!

All though we aim to make the guides as user-friendly as possible, making the guide "skinner" could be a challenge just because of the width of some pictures. I will try and resize some images or maybe just move a few sometime this week.

bike.png

It is stated that the Bulwark Beast boss is unlocked at level 23, when in reality it is unlocked at level 24.

We've gotten picture confirmation from a fellow Crew Member that it was as low as 23. She only had 23 Dungeoneering and had the boss. I got the Plane-Freezer boss at level 11, when it states 12 (which I will be changing shortly). So not all of those are correct.

Most of the bosses appear off by one. For example the first 3 "easy" bosses in the 2nd floor theme set are meant to unlock 1 level after u access their floors. In fact I fought one (skeleton horde) to finish my dungeon then got the level up saying I could now face them.

Edit:

You've added the guardian room to your list but have put "clay" The rock clearly contains Magic Rocks not clay

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think I've found another puzzle:

There are 5 Ghosts (Lvl-56) and are roaming around the room. Every 5 second period (I think :-| ), a ghostly spirit jumps to another ghost. The objective of this room is to kill all the ghosts in the room, and the only way to achieve that is to attack the ghosts when the ghostly spirit is inside them.

newpuzzle.png

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I think I've found another puzzle:

There are 5 Ghosts (Lvl-56) and are roaming around the room. Every 5 second period (I think :-| ), a ghostly spirit jumps to another ghost. The objective of this room is to kill all the ghosts in the room, and the only way to achieve that is to attack the ghosts when the ghostly spirit is inside them.

newpuzzle.png

Not true.

I've had this room.

There are 5 ghosts and a spirit that jumps between them.

When a ghost dies it joins with the ghostly spirit and gives it slight healing power (so it heals a ghost if it jumps into it)

Each ghost you kill strengths the spirits healing power.

The trick is killing a ghost BEFORE it can be healed

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just like to point out that the recently added Dungeoneering skills page among the other skill guides leads to the Construction table.

Clicking on it takes you to the already existing Construction table.

The link is simply wrong and could easily be edited.

Just want you to know.

Nice catch, fixed the link. Thanks!

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Thank you for your speedy answer! It's appreciated.

Thanks!

All though we aim to make the guides as user-friendly as possible, making the guide "skinner" could be a challenge just because of the width of some pictures. I will try and resize some images or maybe just move a few sometime this week.

Two things i thought i'd mention. One is for the combat triangle puzzle with the three statues, and you might want to say that at the place where you mine stone from the wall there will be a red section of wall on the mini-map, cause i had a little trouble with this, took me a little while to actually find it.

Second, im not sure if this is an update or a question, but i started over from floor 1 and didn't get the prestige bonus. I dont know if this is because you have to do more than 2 floors to get it, or if it was because i didn't get into all the bonus rooms because of some skills not being high enough.

edit: Another thing, i was able to fight tokash the bloodchiller at lvl 17 even though it says on the skill guide that you have to be lvl 18.

edit: Something else is that ive found that i can't turn off guide mode unless im in complexity 6.

edit: I just had the tile imbueing puzzle so i took some screenshots and here is how you can be sure to get it right without forcing any tiles. I did it the same way once before(or at least i though i did), but i had more steps, and at one point the whole thing was like a checkerboard(seriously, every other one). I was actually kind of dissapointed at how few steps there were this time.

get it down to all but one tile of one color

then imbue that tile

imbue all four of the resulting tiles

then imbue the next two tiles

finally imbue all of the white tiles that came from the two you just imbued(you will have to remember which tiles those were cause once you start doing it there will be more white tiles). Then if you did all of those(in no particular order) you should have solved the puzzle.

edit: Yeah im definitely not getting any prestige by starting over from floor one.

edit edit: I just realized that i had to reset my progress to actually get the prestige. I didn't even know that button existed until just now.

edit: i got the geomancer shamen at lvl 23.

Edited by Jyreeil

I love green. Yay green!

Jyreeil.png

guardian puzzle

dungeoneering.jpg

Take clay from the chest to carve the appropriate body part that the guardian is missing. Craft it, enchant it and add it to the guardian to have it open the doors.

image for skill guide "dungeoneering" Credit: taz1975

taz1975.png

The familiar times are incorrect - it varies - as mentioned in the previous post - I've had familars last 60 minutes, here are pics of 2 of them:

BraveSkinweaverTier5.png

Brave skinweaver, Tier 5, 30 minutes, 5 Summoning xp to cast

SachemStormbringerTier10.png

Sachem Stormbringer, Tier 10, 45 minutes, 10 Summoning xp to cast

Thank you,

Vhellcat

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png

Does anyone think that we should put up Dungeoneering Titles in the Dungeoneering Guide?

I think this would be a nice thing to have access to, but would that spoil the fun of getting them?

-Echocut

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

all the BOB familiars say 20mins, I can tell u for sure the Sachem worldbearer and Naabe worldbearer last for 60mins exactly. if you want pics for proof, I'll get them. Also trying to get other bobs times.

Wow thank you for catching that! I surprised I didn't catch it myself with how much I use summoning down there.

Can you and anyone else write down the times you get for each familiar and I will fix it and credit you accordingly.

The familiar times are incorrect - it varies - as mentioned in the previous post - I've had familars last 60 minutes, here are pics of 2 of them:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/vhellcat/RS%20Levels/Dungeoneering/BraveSkinweaverTier5.png[/img

Brave skinweaver, Tier 5, 30 minutes, 5 Summoning xp to cast

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/vhellcat/RS%20Levels/Dungeoneering/SachemStormbringerTier10.png[/img

Sachem Stormbringer, Tier 10, 45 minutes, 10 Summoning xp to cast

Thank you,

Vhellcat

Thank you very much, added and credited.

Does anyone think that we should put up Dungeoneering Titles in the Dungeoneering Guide?

I think this would be a nice thing to have access to, but would that spoil the fun of getting them?

-Echocut

It's been talked about among the crew, what's everyones thoughts on this?

bike.png

guardian puzzle

dungeoneering.jpg

Take clay from the chest to carve the appropriate body part that the guardian is missing. Craft it, enchant it and add it to the guardian to have it open the doors.

image for skill guide "dungeoneering" Credit: taz1975

Any chance I could get you to retake this picture (when you get this puzzle) and save it as a .png, also keep it in realsize?

bike.png

-Echocut

It's been talked about among the crew, what's everyones thoughts on this?

Perhaps do the titles in a hide/show format like you have for Quest guides? I find the titles amusing and look forward to seeing which ones I can get B)

I'll also try to get more familiars times, do you need screen shot of each (that would just take me longer to do since I'm bad with putting pictures up :P )

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png