Hip Hop & Rap

Skully

If you haven't yet, I recommend checking out Maino's "The Art of War" mixtape and also Saigon's "Greatest Story Never Told" album. Saigon's album was pushed back for years and years due to record label discrepancies and the finished product is well worth the wait. Maino's mixtape shows that he's got a lot more talent than "Hi Haters".

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the appeal in Tyler, the creator. All he does is grunt and talk slow. I don't know how the man got a record deal, let alone thousands of fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5UNOXtkpJw

Quickly becoming one of my favorite rappers.

Couldn't agree more (on both points), nobody will topple CuDi though.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I'm seeing the appeal in Tyler, the creator. All he does is grunt and talk slow. I don't know how the man got a record deal, let alone thousands of fans.

Assuming you meant that you didn't see the appeal in him.

I don't see how this is talking slow or grunting at all or whatever. warning: he insults kid cudi

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you meant that you didn't see the appeal in him.

<video>

I don't see how this is talking slow or grunting at all or whatever. warning: he insults kid cudi

Yea, my bad. Didn't bother to listen, but i was mainly referring to his hits in his new album. He's just not my type, i guess. Insulting kid cudi though? That should blacklist anyone in the music industry lol.

Loving MMG's new album "Self Made". A lot of the songs sound very similar (as anything rick ross touches does?), but nonetheless, great listen. Love Wale, the man kills it.

pan.png

• 3 weeks later...

Oh god, he sounds so [bleep]ing annoying.

That is really bad.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Dangerdoom.jpg

Elk suggested this to me, I enjoyed it very much. Some other DOOM albums with those really smooth beats and similar style of vocal delivery ?

Bit clueless as to what to go for next since he's put out so much stuff. Any suggestions ?

Operation: Doomsday

Mm.. Food

Bl_ck B_st_rds

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

hahaha Lil B being posted in a Hip Hop thread. Oh wait it says rap too >.>

Feeling that song by Pistol, great beat good flow.

Currently looking for some good underground hip hop artists to listen to, am stuck with some oldies/more maintstream people atm. If anyone could name a couple good ones that would be great. Not too much gangster though, hate that [cabbage].

What I'm listening to now is mostly Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Rakim, The Roots, Hiltop Hoods, Rizzle Kicks, Good ol' Outkast, and playing the [cabbage] out of Distant Relatives by Nas & Damian Marley and pre-Enemy of the State Lupe Fiasco (he's ruined himself now imo).

Any suggestions?

29mq23n.jpg

There's an elephant in the room

And everytime I mention it I'm a fool.

Playing the [cabbage] outta Big Sean's album atm, anyone who listens to hiphop add me on last.fm www.last.fm/user/jaseFX :D boi

I'm going to see him live on the 28th with Wiz Khalifa.

I hate you man, always at the sick concerts. Damn I hate living in England. :wall:

Feeling that song by Pistol, great beat good flow.

Currently looking for some good underground hip hop artists to listen to, am stuck with some oldies/more maintstream people atm. If anyone could name a couple good ones that would be great. Not too much gangster though, hate that [cabbage].

Any suggestions?

GDP, Pistol Pete, Shape One, Cannibal Ox, People Under The Stairs, Das Racist, Edan, and P.O.S.

[hide]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4dSKaB-Ic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEyUv-wo-0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C32z9OBE3lo

[/hide]

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Playing the [cabbage] outta Big Sean's album atm, anyone who listens to hiphop add me on last.fm www.last.fm/user/jaseFX :D boi

I hate you man, always at the sick concerts. Damn I hate living in England. :wall:

You guys do get screwed when it comes to hip hop artists but you get a lot of great bands that roll through.

tFtfA.jpg

You guys do get screwed when it comes to hip hop artists but you get a lot of great bands that roll through.

Not interested in that [cabbage] though, hopefully going to a Kanye concert in November though. :thumbsup:

@Elknight

don't have time to check em out atm, but i'll get to them later, thanks anyways ;). Probably will be 2 weeks till i can listen to em though :s My spanish internet is lagging it up too much...

29mq23n.jpg

There's an elephant in the room

And everytime I mention it I'm a fool.