Upcoming forum changes!

Hello,

We're in the process of making some changes to the forums and would like your feedback on the potential changes before we make them. Most of these changes involve general discussion.

Anywho, the changes we're proposing.

General Discussion changes

• Make the Marketplace a subforum of General Discussion
  • Merge Debates into General Discussion
  • Talk about Runescape Bugs will now belong in general

And we're also planning on making a new board - the Runescape Media board, this board will be for Runescape related Videos, Machinima, creative art (fakes etc.).

The current sticky in General Discussion will remain there (The Screenshot thread) and this will not change. And also, to be clear, the new Media Board will NOT be a place to post Runescape Screenshots, those will remain where they are now.

Anyway, let us know what you think of these changes and unless we have any major objections we should be making these changes within a week.

Thanks,

DarkDude

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me, but will the Bugs and Suggestions be its own subforum? Or will Suggestions remain an independent subforum while all topics about glitches will be discussed in General Discussion?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Sounds good to me, but will the Bugs and Suggestions be its own subforum? Or will Suggestions remain an independent subforum while all topics about glitches will be discussed in General Discussion?

The suggestions subforum will remain (the name of it will change obviously).

All sounds good to me.

I'll be glad to finally see that RuneScape Media board :thumbsup:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The suggestions subforum will remain (the name of it will change obviously).

Sounds like a plan.

I'll be glad to finally see that RuneScape Media board :thumbsup:

Aye.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Isn't /gd/ already kind of crowded?

I mean, adding bugs and debates won't make it too much of a central forum?

If not, then fine by me :).

Most bugs get discussed there anyway and the difference between debates and discussions is here nor there. Having them in one place too will lower things being discussed multiple times and keep everything in the same place, which should have a positive effect on the discussions instead of separating them into two separate places.

Ooh, a Tavernian was first. Nice goin' Sere! No big surprise though.

*ahem* I think the changes are fine... Not like I use the rest of the forum much anyways.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Isn't /gd/ already kind of crowded?

I mean, adding bugs and debates won't make it too much of a central forum?

If not, then fine by me :).

Most bugs get discussed there anyway and the difference between debates and discussions is here nor there. Having them in one place too will lower things being discussed multiple times and keep everything in the same place, which should have a positive effect on the discussions instead of separating them into two separate places.

Fine by me then :).

I concur, the marketplace from my knowledge isn't frequented very often, and so maybe this will bring life into it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The runescape media board is a GREAT idea :thumbsup: , I've been personally wishing for this for a while now.

As for the other changes, moving older forums to the gen discussion; this sounds like a smart idea and will hopefully get more traffic there.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

I'm sure you'll do a great job with the changes and I have no objection against em.

But why are you going to change it? :P

The marketplace move is mainly because there is very little activity there since the G.E. Debates i gather it is because it has also slowed down in activity, and as general discussion has grown since Debates was first introduced, it has caught up on the mature debates, and two places for them is not needed.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Love the idea of the media board. And everything else sounds nice as well. I approve :thumbup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Basically these changes will help with the flow of the forum, making everything more convenient and in one place rather than broken up into many boards. The media board will hopefully be a popular place to share images and videos that are more than just random screenshots.

Glad to see some positive support. :)

Excellent! I would love to see a Runescape Media forum. :D

Hopefully you guys can make the changes sooner.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

hmm..

i dont think that making bugs in the game a general rs discussion topic is a good idea

Bugs are already discussed there, and we already have a forum for it.

Of course we wouldn't allow encouraging rule breaking or bug abuse like we do currently, however some bugs have an effect on the game and they need to be discussed

hmm..

i dont think that making bugs in the game a general rs discussion topic is a good idea

Bugs are already discussed there, and we already have a forum for it.

Of course we wouldn't allow encouraging rule breaking or bug abuse like we do currently, however some bugs have an effect on the game and they need to be discussed

Not that I think you wouldn't, but just in case- I'm pretty sure you should put extra emphasis and make sure it's very very clear, what bugs can be discussed and when. Otherwise, I forsee lots of bannin'.

I'll be making sure bugs are only discussed and that how to do them is not explained. And as always making sure people don't abuse said bugs.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^