Four questions about...

ak47ninja

I'm lvl 92 farming and 99 fishing

Is it worth using the 5th herb patch in Trollheim? Is it worth wasting 2 laws?

Why are snaps dying more often now? It's 1 out of 3 that are dying. I use super compost also.

I'm trying to get 35 million fishing xp and was wondering if having a rock lobster makes a difference?

Does the invisible boost stack with 99 fish? Many people have been arguing that it doesn't but I think it does. Clarification please?

I occasionally use a rock lobster but I stopped at the moment since I'm trying to raise 2 god birds (saradomin owl is already done)

Also does anyone know how to take pictures of runescape with Fraps? Print screen doesnt work

2 laws are pretty cheap for getting on average 5 snaps, that's not even hard math to do. As for them dying, I'm not sure, just bad luck? And I can't answer the Rock Lobster one, I'd just test it out myself if I were you.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Lot of those questions are sort of opinions but I'll toss you my 2 cents. I'm 99 in both Fishing and Farming

Personally, I never used the trollheim spot it's quite a bit out of the way seems like it would take more time than it's worth

For snaps, probably just a bit of a bad luck streak, you get them time to time not to much you can do about it

Having a rock lobster does help slightly although they are a tad annoying to use at rocktail (which I presume you're doing). If you want to use one my suggestion is bring a lot of them noted with like 500k or so and sell them to the general store in the dwarven mines then buy them back unnoted when you need a new one.

Yes invisibility does stack on 99 just like a fishing potion would.

Haven't a clue about the pictures sorry.

~Matt~

crzyfatkidcopy2qg.png

~'The' Clan~

Isn't the Trollheim farming patch always super-composted. I remember it was the most valuable farming patch in my opinion because it always gave me 100% herbs.

Dead snaps...bad luck.

Rock Lobster does make a difference, and it does stack.

You sure print screen doesn't work, like just Edit>Paste onto paint doesn't work? Anyways, fraps huh....yeah - print screen should work, lol.

yes

Why are snaps dying more often now? It's 1 out of 3 that are dying. I use super compost also.

bad luck

I'm trying to get 35 million fishing xp and was wondering if having a rock lobster makes a difference?

definetly

Does the invisible boost stack with 99 fish? Many people have been arguing that it doesn't but I think it does. Clarification please?

why wouldn't it?

I occasionally use a rock lobster but I stopped at the moment since I'm trying to raise 2 god birds (saradomin owl is already done)

Also does anyone know how to take pictures of runescape with Fraps? Print screen doesnt work

ditch the fraps and use swiftkit, or printscreen+paint.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Not sure on the others but for FRAPS, by default the screenshot key is F10. You can give that a shot and check the screenshots folder, but if you've changed the screenshot hotkey to be PrintScreen, it may well be that the OS' print-screen function is taking precedence over FRAPS and just blocking FRAPS. I'd try changing the screenshot-key if you have got it on print-screen.

Another thing to do is move the frame-rate overlay using F11 and check that it does actually come up on RuneScape's applet, if not then it may be the issue that FRAPS isn't detecting that.

@Aeil, FRAPS could be used within SwiftKit too and provides far more convenience than using Paint. FRAPS is convenient in that you're not needing to use a bulky-client just to utilise one of their features. ;)

If I could only have one herb patch it'd be Trollheim. The patch never dies, so you get more yield on average.

Bad luck with the herbs. Use Trolheim to bring down your death ratio!

Not sure about stacking with 99 fishing, but it can't hurt and gives a large amount of free sharks and swordfish. Of course nothing huge to give up for a pet, so no worries if you want to grow your pet either.

Yes, plain and simple...yes

Farming hates you apparently

I don't see why it wouldn't, but either way, free shark and swordfish.

Why use Fraps? Or anything for that matter....you can just hit the Prnt Scrn button your keyboard, and paste it into Paint. (no I don't know how to create screen shots with Fraps

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Trollheim:

The patch isn't super composted, so you do need to add super compost to increase yield but the fact that it's got a 100% hit rate is valuable in terms of xp and cash. it's not that far from tele once you get the agility shortcuts down pat and i find it's a good overnight log off point. i.e. finish the run and playing session there and then start again from there to cut the trips down. in terms of its own return, i can only recall one four herb yield from that patch and never a three herb yield so with a rule of thumb required yield of five herbs per seed, two laws are completely irrelevant.

In terms of loss rates, 1 in 3 sounds dreadfully bad luck but perhaps my results are positively influenced by trollheim. i don't formally record mine but i seem to lose about one every two runs (five seeds per run) on average (maybe slightly worse but not much). i'm clearly not at your level of experience but most of my xp is from herbs since around lvl 60. Don't do too many trees although i'm now offloading my 13 accumulated spirit seeds given i've finally hit 83 :)

Good luck on the God birds, i got my 3 a few months ago and must admit i quite like having them there keeping my house warm.

yon_hibernis.png

Takes about 75 seconds from trollheim tele until you're done with the patch. If you assume 7.4 avg yield because the herb never dies that would be 60k profit/patch for torstol and 43k profit/patch for snaps, making it 2.9m profit/h for torstol and 2.1m/h for snaps.

Seems worth it to me.

2dvjurb.png

In my opinion, yes. That's not even a thousand gp worth of runes.

No update has been announced and I haven't noticed anything different, so I'll just assume that it's bad luck. I think that a large sample has about a 20% death rate.

Very slightly, yes. Plus the foraging would add up to a fair chunk of change by the time you hit your xp goal.

I don't see why it wouldn't.

I recommend Jing. Not sure about Fraps.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

The Trollheim patch is even worth it if you're on the Lunar spellbook, you just need to slayer ring tele to the Slayer Caves and while wearing climber boots work your way up from the back entrance.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Thanks everyone! You guys/gals have helped me immensely!

The snaps are dying constantly which leads me to believe that the more farming xp you get per day the more your crops/herbs will die...but since my crops cant die (lily) Runescape directed it's vengeance towards my herbs ):

I gain a ton of farming xp per day (trees twice, fruit trees, 1 bush patch, 4 allotments, many herb patches (about 4 times a day)

Tried rocktail and found out it isn't as fast for xp as many people thought it would be. Too many players down there, tons of lag, chance of dying, annoying when attacked, and rocktails are slow because so many are fishing for them

Unless you find an isolated fishing spot which is fast as monks it's not a good fishing alternative. Even fishing at the iso spot it's far from bank so it negates the fast fish as the time to run to the bank diminishes the need for speed.