99 Slayer in a month. - Preparation.

Assume Nothing

Helmet - full slayer helmet

Cape - Fire/Soulwars (not sure on this one, I'm leaning towards fire though for high incomes)

Amulet - Fury

Weapon - Rapier/Whip

Shield - Defender

Body - Bandos

Legs - Bandos

Gloves - Barrows

Boots - Dragon

Ring - Berserker (i) or Ferocious

In any multicombat zone, use steel > iron titan. In single combat, either use bunyip, unicorn (if you tank dark beasts), or pack yak (spectres, dragons if you do them, abyssal demons for prayer potions).

Bring recover special potions whenever you have room. Dragon claws are the best special weapon, but dragon dagger can work alright too.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bladewing's advice is nice, but I think he is sometimes pushing it to get the absolutely fastest xp

1) I wouldn't block abby demons. Still 30k slay xp, purely off melee, and you get whips, fero rings (important, according to bladewing's set up you would only do garg's in there, so you will run out quickly this way, especially if you do not use lunar magick's, which you can't if you want to cancel so many tasks) + nice amount of crimsons.

2) Tzhaar. I think they are also over 30k an hour and you can build up a nice amount of obby charms, to use with your blue charms. + at the end you might get an onyx out of it. I wouldn't do them anymore once I have a huge stack of obby charms though.

3) Black drags/skeletal wyverns. Both over 30k xp an hour, if you cannon them (black drags in evil chicken lair) + a nice amount of cash if you can bank the bones with yak. They're also quick tasks, so easy points.

4) Ice wyrms. Chance to get free quick mage xp. Over 30k slayer xp just on maging/meleeing too (meleeing is slightly lower than magic I think) and you can speed it up quite a bit with a cannon (I'd say up to 40k/h).

Bladewing's advice is nice, but I think he is sometimes pushing it to get the absolutely fastest xp

1) I wouldn't block abby demons. Still 30k slay xp, purely off melee, and you get whips, fero rings (important, according to bladewing's set up you would only do garg's in there, so you will run out quickly this way, especially if you do not use lunar magick's, which you can't if you want to cancel so many tasks) + nice amount of crimsons.

2) Tzhaar. I think they are also over 30k an hour and you can build up a nice amount of obby charms, to use with your blue charms. + at the end you might get an onyx out of it. I wouldn't do them anymore once I have a huge stack of obby charms though.

3) Black drags/skeletal wyverns. Both over 30k xp an hour, if you cannon them (black drags in evil chicken lair) + a nice amount of cash if you can bank the bones with yak. They're also quick tasks, so easy points.

4) Ice wyrms. Chance to get free quick mage xp. Over 30k slayer xp just on maging/meleeing too (meleeing is slightly lower than magic I think) and you can speed it up quite a bit with a cannon (I'd say up to 40k/h).

It's a matter of preference. I do want as fast xp as I can get, but not to the point where I'm actually spending 300m on it

Anyways - On tasks that you can kill 'stronger counterparts' of a monster, should you do it? Say - Black Dragons task from Kuradel (does she even assign them?), would it be a nice idea to end the task with a few Kbd's? It shouldn't really affect xp/h too badly, as it's only a few kills. Same applies for Dk's instead of Dagannoths and other monsters.

you never answered the question of what is your level now....

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

Huh? Didn't even know anyone asked. I'm 67 slayer, never slayed much. Didn't like it, didn't enjoy it. But that's ages ages ago, once you reach 99s att and str, the xp for it is less valued

Did I miss something? how is the mage xp free? I know the damage is boosted but I wasn't aware it was free.

Huh? Didn't even know anyone asked. I'm 67 slayer, never slayed much. Didn't like it, didn't enjoy it. But that's ages ages ago, once you reach 99s att and str, the xp for it is less valued

It was asked in the 3rd post of this thread.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Did I miss something? how is the mage xp free? I know the damage is boosted but I wasn't aware it was free.

Drops are worth much more than the runes used. That's why it's "free".

WarBlastoise.png

If you succeed, jagex got to give u a phat or else they are st00pid

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Not really, but that is a goal that is worth a phat to get in 1month, A almost impossible one.

58dd8b2b.gif

#t0 #ce #teamsweden #se @swiftirc

#clan_europe @Quakenet

Yeah, he was just pming me in game saying "what's the fastest". I'd really recommend doing abyssal demons and ice wyrms. Tzhaars aren't worth doing, but black dragons and wyverns (particularly the latter) probably are - wyverns are ~150 crimsons/h.

Not really, but that is a goal that is worth a phat to get in 1month, A almost impossible one.

Not even close to impossible lol.

Solo arma is what, 6M an hour with Steel Titan?

That's a phat in 100-150 hours.

Read more. He was talking about 99 slayer from 67 in a month.

Profins.png

specty.png

if you're going for XP...would the Jad task be worth doing?

Depends on how fast you can do the caves. You get 25k exp for killing jad and 12k exp for the rest of the cave. If you can do in an hour thats 37k slayer exp in one hour. The lowest amount of time i seen is like 40 something mins. Which comes out to like 40k exp/hr. Not the best exp/hr from what can be done, but better then most.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

1 Jad (250)

33 360's (160)

34 180's (80)

36 90's (40)

40 45's (20)

80 22's (10)

48 22's (10)

11770 + 25k bonus = 36770 xp. I can complete the fight caves on task in just under 45 minutes, so it'd be about 49k xp/h. Worth doing if you can do it successfully and fast.

1 Jad (250)

33 360's (160)

34 180's (80)

36 90's (40)

40 45's (20)

80 22's (10)

48 22's (10)

11770 + 25k bonus = 36770 xp. I can complete the fight caves on task in just under 45 minutes, so it'd be about 49k xp/h. Worth doing if you can do it successfully and fast.

All it takes would be a little lag spike and gf 25k slayer xp. Nah, rather not do the caves. Unless I actually am trying to get the cape, slayer helm + dclaws stack, right?

So, Stringcheze/bladewing, How many hours of max efficiency do I have to do a day for 99? I'm kinda wondering how Toony001 got so much slayer xp now, if 13m takes a month of nolifing, he must've played pretty efficiently for at least a year+

13m no lifing at 99 and 13m no lifing at 67 are 2 different things

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

So, Stringcheze/bladewing, How many hours of max efficiency do I have to do a day for 99? I'm kinda wondering how Toony001 got so much slayer xp now, if 13m takes a month of nolifing, he must've played pretty efficiently for at least a year+

I think you can get around 40k slay xp/h with Bladewing's suggestion, perhaps more. So 10h/day is 400k xp. 30 days => 12m. So yeah, probably at least 10h a day.

And I don't think claws stack with slayer helm. I was at clan wars and managed to hit nearly as high as on task (in kura's dungeon). (I hit 430 ... .. .. in Kura's dungeon and hit a 390 ... ... ... in clan wars).

Well Toony001 uses a cannon/Steel Titan when he cans and he also turmoils his tasks. The ones that should be impressive are Mythiquedame and Mrs Jjb Cyn, both have around 100m exp and don't use a cannon And Y0 Sushi has well over 100m and only 51 defense. And they have also been playing for a rather long amount of time.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Well Toony001 uses a cannon/Steel Titan when he cans and he also turmoils his tasks. The ones that should be impressive are Mythiquedame and Mrs Jjb Cyn, both have around 100m exp and don't use a cannon And Y0 Sushi has well over 100m and only 51 defense. And they have also been playing for a rather long amount of time.

Hmm. Interesting :o

Would Chaotic Maul be okay for Waterfiends tasks? Dharok's doesn't allow slayer helmet >_>

SS/ZS are still more efficiant, according to some people. Wouldn't care to test it myself...:P

Anyway, good luck on this, you crazy-[wagon] son of a [bleep]. How you're going to get there with only 38m is another story in itself...:P

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I estimate that quote at about 45k xp/h if you have a rapier. 40k xp/h using whip and still doing abbies and ice wyrms.

Not using a cannon doesn't make your achievement any greater. It's just intentionally going slowly, like using a rune scimitar instead of a dragon scimitar.

Hmm. Interesting :o

Would Chaotic Maul be okay for Waterfiends tasks? Dharok's doesn't allow slayer helmet >_>

Would be at least as good as a godsword, and therefore a suitable weapon. Whether it is better than SS/ZS is something I don't know.