Lesser Known Bands

ryderj716

What are your favorite underground bands?

I mean the bands that don't have million dollar record deals and are sold to everyone who actually cares about music instead of listening to the radio and top 10 albums.

I like 50 Foot Wave, Minus Story, Lemon Demon, Throwing Muses, and Pinback.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soilwork, old My Chemical Romance, old Blink 182 (so shoot me), NickelBack, Unwritten Law, not the most underground stuff,but they're rarley spoken of and good

Haha umm...

Well.... a lot of my favorite are more "underground" bands. Depends on your definition of underground, because I consider is as not mainstream.

Streetlight Manifesto

The Specials

Suburban Legends

The Planet Smashers

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Soilwork, old My Chemical Romance, old Blink 182 (so shoot me), NickelBack, Unwritten Law, not the most underground stuff, but they're rarley spoken of and good

My Chemical Romance and Blink 182 aren;t as underground as i meant, but i respect your opinion.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

i dunno if you'd call them undergound but

the white stripes

blind melon

kill switch engage (not too mainstream)

morningwood (only heard one song but it was awesome)

harvey danger

future leaders of the world

death from above 1979

i dunno if you'd call them undergound but

the white stripes

blind melon

kill switch engage (not too mainstream)

morningwood (only heard one song but it was awesome)

harvey danger

future leaders of the world

death from above 1979

The White Stripes are in no way underground. They're as commercial and mainstream as you can get in rock these days, as far as I'm concerned. Killswitch Engage aren't underground either, and nor are DFA1979. The latter two aren't mainstream either of course; more in-between.

My favourite underground bands:

Professional Murder Music

Sulpher

Coil

Tweaker

Tim Skold

John 5

Skinny Puppy

Team Sleep

Granted, the last half isn't too underground ... but I'd be surprised if anyone has heard of or heard work by only two of these artists, if any.

The White Stripes are good band, although they aren't really mentioned alot on music channels such as Much Music and the like :?

Well they certainly aren't underground. I hate them but I acknowledge their 'mainstreamness', evident by the fact that they're headlining the biggest Australian music festival - over the very first punk outfit who have been around since the 60s or 70s.

The White Stripes are good band, although they aren't really mentioned alot on music channels such as Much Music and the like :?

They headlined at Glastonbury festival :-/ The biggest music festival in the world this year

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Urn:

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=36115

This band has real attitude and they aren't that bad. From that site you can download legal copies of their works. I'd try at least the following songs: burn in hell, 666 megatons, eathly damnation and rise of necromancy.

Ildjarn:

Some of you may argue about this, but I bet 99% of you haven't even heard of them. Ugly and rough black metal, no commercial posing.

Paysage D'hiver:

Really beautiful stuff.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I don't really know much "less well known" bands. Most people don't really know Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós, I think. So I'll recommend them since they make very good music. And of course their lead singer is homosexual and blind with one eye, that makes them extra cool.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I don't really know much "less well known" bands. Most people don't really know Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós, I think. So I'll recommend them since they make very good music. And of course their lead singer is

homosexual and blind with one eye, that makes them extra cool.

GIVE ME HIS NUMBER!

I don't really know much "less well known" bands. Most people don't really know Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós, I think. So I'll recommend them since they make very good music. And of course their lead singer is

homosexual and blind with one eye, that makes them extra cool.

Yea, my brother listens to them.. I don't really like the music, Im more of a Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, The Refused, etc. type of person.

I dunno besides friends garage bands and such:

Poetica (local undergroud band)

Rufio (ok really kinda mainstream but hell)

From Autumn To Ashes (underground?)

Lamb Of God (you ever seen them on MTV?)

I consider underground bands to be bands that are usually not on TV or radio...

Lamb Of God (you ever seen them on MTV?)

UG band and Sony releases their cd's? :o

signaturehoh.jpg

Looked at my hd and cd collection. These bands all play black or pagan metal and you can't really call them mainstream.

Volkurah:

Surprisingly melodical (Dimmu Burger fans don't bother - It isn't what you're looking for if you are after melody) and pretty brutal vocals. Cd's or Lp's are really hard to find anywhere (even eBay) and you can't find them from many p2p hubs. Anyways if you're into bm (no commercial bs or anything), this band is really worth it.

Bestia:

Estonian band and they actually sing in estonian. Estonian is a pretty ok language for bm. Check their website if you're interested, there's few full songs in mp3 form.

http://www.metal.ee/bestia/

Bilskirnir:

Pretty melodical (again, if you're looking for a Dimmu Burger copy, don't bother) and angry stuff. Somehow seems to be addicting. Easier to find their cd's or lp's as Volkuras', but don't bother looking at your near by Free Record Shop or whatever.

signaturehoh.jpg