Gravite 2H or Longsword

meister14

If it was me, I'd go for the 2H: takes more bars to make, after all, so it would be harder to replace.

Unless you really want the extra def that a shield will afford...

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

If it was me, I'd go for the 2H: takes more bars to make, after all, so it would be harder to replace.

Unless you really want the extra def that a shield will afford...

He means the F2P weapons you get as rewards from the skill.

If you like to PK: 2H

If you like to kill monsters, train combat levels, etc. : Longsword

2eprbpj.png

Gravite 2h, Gravite 2h, Gravite 2h

Get the gravite 2h first, the 90 strength makes it the best ko, pking weapon that exists for f2p

With controversy surounding the longswords stregnth bonus, it would be best to just get the 2h

Personally the first gravite weapon i'm getting is the gravite staff for the 5% magic boost.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

My bad. I forgot to mention this is for just regular training.. and money is not a problem i have over 500m so it doesn't matter to me about the cost to recharge. Ill most likely train on spiders on 3rd level of security stronghold... with rune scimmy its about 40k xp an hour... what do you guys think i could get with the gravite weapons? Thanks for the replies

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad. I forgot to mention this is for just regular training.. and money is not a problem i have over 500m so it doesn't matter to me about the cost to recharge. Ill most likely train on spiders on 3rd level of security stronghold... with rune scimmy its about 40k xp an hour... what do you guys think i could get with the gravite weapons? Thanks for the replies

Wouldn't a Gravite Rapier be best for regular training? Speed of a shortsword (faster than scimitar) but with slightly more(?) bonuses.

2eprbpj.png

Wouldn't a Gravite Rapier be best for regular training? Speed of a shortsword (faster than scimitar) but with slightly more(?) bonuses.

I would normally say so, however I feel like it is significantly weaker than the longsword.. so the extra time spent on longsword would be worth it in my opinion..

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I made a little table detailing this, but I have to explain a couple things. Firstly, the damage was worked out with the strength bonus of the weapon, ammy of strength, rune berserker (except for 2h) and fog gauntlets with a player who has 99 strength and attacking with aggressive style. No potions were used in the comparison. If you want to compare the max hits without the berserker shield, then you just need to take 7 off the max hit and 2.9166 off the dps for rapier and scimmy, and 2.333 off the dps for the longsword. The speeds give the delay between each hit by 0.6sec x (10-speed) = delay. (0.6 sec is one game tic) to work out the dps I used max hit/delay. Most importantly, these values should be taken with a grain of salt, they don't take accuracy into consideration at all.

Weapon----------Rune Scimmy-------G Longsword----G Rapier-------G 2h

Strength----------44--------------------54.5-----------------48-------------90

Max hit------------219------------------236------------------226------------291

Speed-------------6---------------------5---------------------6---------------4

Accuracy----------7st 45sl-------------43st 53 sl----------50st 9sl------87cr -4st

dps----------------91.25----------------78.66----------------94.16---------80.83

I didn't bother with the rune long, rune b-axe or rune 2h because everyone already acknowledges their benefits/shortcomings compared to the scimmy, however I wil point out that the stats of the rune long are 38 stab, 47 slash and 49 strength, which is pretty similar to the G long. In fact it seems that only the 2h has really significantly boosted stats over it's rune counterpart (g 2h has 18 extra accuracy in crush than r2h has in slash and 20 extra strength points).

There you have it. Rapier has the best damage per second, although not that much better than rune scimmy, however it's accuracy is better than the scimmy but much less than 2h. Longsword is more flexible with both stab and slash, but is not that much more accurate than scimmy or rapier to warrant getting too excited in my opinion. 2h as one would expect is not the best damage per second, but has an amazing potential as ko weapon.

In my personal opinion, I'm not moving away from my good old reliable rune scimmy. It just doesn't seem worth it, that extra 5 accuracy seems like so little when compared to the rapier and the extra strength and 8 accuracy of the longsword really doesn't make up for it's lack of speed. Besides, in F2P there aren't any boss monsters or anything of the sort to really need the slight bit of extra accuracy that the gravite weapons provide, I mean rune scimmy cuts through lesser demons and roach soldiers perfectly well, and unless you really feel like taking on some hellhounds in the volcano I don't think the extra accuracy will make a difference. Maybe if you do a whole lot of pking, the 2h would be a smart choice, or if you're really rich, the rapier could do well but since I don't pk and am not willing to spend the money, oh well.

resizeofuntitledff4.png

Free to Player fo' life!

99/99 skateboarding :p

why dont you use this awesome thing i like to call common sense. Its done wonders for me, ive never been hacked, scammed or anything like that.

• 1 year later...

Looking at those DPS figures, it's pretty obvious that g2h > gls every time besides cases of major slash weakness.

Also, let's assume the rapier is 50% accurate, e.g. 47 dps. That means the longsword would have to have an accuracy of 60%. The +3 accuracy won't do anything unless the target is again very stab weak. The g2h would need 58% accuracy to be better than rapier.

If we assume the rapier is 75% accurate, gls needs 90% accuracy and g2h needs about 88%.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 2 months later...

Yay for bringing up year old topics.

Rapier for training, 2h for rev huting and pking. Long sword for............. dunno

my friend is a firm believer in the glong, which I, for the life of me, do not know why. I took the g2h, which has got me a lot of kills in pk.

Locking this, since the topic is over a year old and the topic creator has long-since gotten his answer :P

If you need to ask any further questions regarding gravite weapons, what pants to buy in RS, or anything really you are welcome to make your own topic :)

hzvjpwS.gif