Vinyl

Sam

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have one vinyl album, Led Zeppelin II, and it's an original. I have been thinking of looking online to expand into a collection, but I'm not too sure.

"You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same." - Jonathan Davis

Hmm, while digging around at my grandparent's house, I found a safe. I opened it and found 112 various vinyl records. I'll get pics if I can.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna go raid our collection, I busted out the player when I got BioShock 2 Special Edition, which had the first soundtrack on vinyl.

I should be studying. >_>

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Go for it :thumbup:

When you raid your parents collection, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the awesomeness of the music you're parents used to listen to.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Was my grandparent's, haha. Wasn't really good at all. Very disappointed. All country or religious, with some pop and random compilations chucked in there. I did take Thriller, though. :thumbup:

#rpgformod

It's worth giving some of them a try, you may discover some awesome music, even if the cover doesn't give you very good first impressions.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Haha. Maybe. I'm not putting anything on that looks religious, though. :thumbup:

Only stupid and ignorant people would make blanket statements like that. What if an album cover had a cross on it, but the record was Marilyn Manson [or anything really, for that matter - lol black metal, any metal basically etc ... ]. It seems like hating religion with no thought behind it is what all the cool kids are into these days.

When the album is named Hymns, came from my religious grandparent's house, has a 60's looking guy on it, I think I have reason enough to not listen to it.

#rpgformod

• 3 weeks later...

There's a lot of really good religious music out there. Plainchant is amazing..

Anyway, the other day one of my friends told me about a Hi-Fi store near me that has around 10,000 classical records out the back. I went there today. They were all unordered but most were in really good condition so I bought a few records for $5 each. ... And now I need a record player. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm a bit confused as to what I'm meant to do regarding speakers especially. I'd really like to just run them through my computer speakers which have a 3.5mm input. Is that possible?

Cool.

You'll need an amplifier with a phono input, if you haven't already.

I'm not sure how to put it through computer speakers, though. I don't think it's possible.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

the local book store sells vinyl for really cheap. when I can afford it, i'll buy myself a nice vinyl player. until then, :sad:

sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion...

Got Thriller going when my mate was around the other day. :thumbup:

But then I had to change it to the BioShock soundtrack, trying to get him to learn Cohen's Masterpiece.

Then we went to KFC, and this is where I leave.

#rpgformod

When the album is named Hymns, came from my religious grandparent's house, has a 60's looking guy on it, I think I have reason enough to not listen to it.

rhlttt.jpg

OMG YOU HAVE IT TOO!?

#rpgformod