Vinyl

Sam

Vinyl is physically better than digital formats (like I explained before), although I don't like the crackle from vinyl.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinyl is physically better than digital formats (like I explained before), although I don't like the crackle from vinyl.

Like I explained before, vinyl is only better than digital formats when the source is recorded analogue. Most songs are recorded digitally nowadays.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

A lot of obscure stuff sounds better on vinyl because analogue recordings are still commonplace in such circles as drone, noise and sometimes post-rock. Vinyl rips are silly though. You get people who rip in 24-bit 96kHz analogue and even with the proper equipment, the difference is really negligable at best. The only difference is usually pops and clicks, which for the record don't improve the experience in the slightest.

Woo! I love my records. Have the first two shins records, three john mellencamp, paul's boutique, highway to hell, led zeppelin iv, dream police, and some miscellaneous unimportant 80s music records. I need more, though. I prefer more modern vinyl. I like the heavier feel of 180 gram.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

180 gram vinyl is expensive D:

2LP Led Zepplin Mothership (180G) is £60.00 on most vinyl retailers around the internet.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

^ As is DSOTM.

Vinyl really interests me, I think we have two records buried somewhere but we don't have a record player. There are some cheap $50ish ones at this electronics store that can convert them to mp3 too, does anyone know if such a record player would be any good?

C2b6gs7.png

They'll be good for converting, but the rest of the player probably wouldn't be produced very well. If you do buy one, you'll need an amplifier with a phono stage.

Also bought:

Eagles-HotelCalifornia.jpg

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

@Dsavi: Now that I think about it, and also a little discussion with an audiophile friend of mine, it's not worth buying a $50 deck. I'd save a little and buy a low-end Pro-ject or Rega deck with a USB phono stage. It'll be more money but your converted tracks would sound so much better.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

They'll be good for converting, but the rest of the player probably wouldn't be produced very well. If you do buy one, you'll need an amplifier with a phono stage.

Also bought:

Eagles-HotelCalifornia.jpg

we have that very same album

and a whole bunch more lol :grin:

should make a video soon

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I have a rare copy aswell - the record I bought has a printing error, so apprently it has two side 1's. Unfortunately some idiot put a sticker on one side and ripped it off, decreasing the sell on value ):\

edit: made a new banner; do people like Phil Collins? :razz:

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

My dads got an old record player and a ton of vinyl in the attic which i've been meaning to take a look through for a while. I'll probably do that next time i'm home as it's something i've found interesting when people say they prefer vinyl over other formats.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Vinyls... man, I used to break a lot of those back when I was a kid. Wish I had a vinyl player and two of my favorite vinyl songs; Rusty P & Sure Shot Three - Breakdown New York Style and Nick Straker - Must You Dance. :sad:

Maybe someday I'll get one of those USB Vinyl Player thingy and then buy my favorite vinyl songs. Not in lame PC audio format or like that, I want the real thing.

discogs.com is the best for finding super rare to mainstream artists and songs!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I've got a whole bunch of vinyl records in my room. Dunno why. There's this one by The Beatles (some compilation called 'Love Songs').

I have no use for them so I'm thinking of just sticking em up on my wall like a sorta decoration.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I have a whole lot of my Dad's old ones in storage, tonnes of them are old radio singles, because he used to work for lots of radio stations from the early 80's, most of the I haven't even heard of. I'm not sure if his player is still around, most of his stuff has been in storage for a while now, I should check it out. (I say that, but I probably won't get the chance to for a while).

rosssigfinal.jpg

Well I would probably clean those vinyls I if I could, but I don't have acess to them, as they're currently at my Uncle's place. And he lives ages away from me, and I did go get them, I don't really have room to put them anywhere, except back in storage at my parent's place. Yeah...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I got a nice little 80's metal record collection. Mixture of old thrash, punk, and black metal albums. Got a USB record player to transfer some of them that I can't find online.

I love going to garage sales and finding albums. Never know what you can pick up at those things.

couple I just happen to have sittin my the comp...

0613000356.jpg

Then my mom's husband passed away, and I got like 300+ albums, all from the 50's 60's and 70's. Not really what I am into, but I can put up a list if anyone is interested or looking for specific albums. I don't ever plan on using them for nothing. Grateful Dead anyone? lol Like 15 of their records.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

What does Slayer actually sound like on vinyl? I have a friend who tried a 200g copy of World Painted Blood and apparently it sounded horrid. Also, could you give a small synopsis of the records you inherited? :thumbup:

Also found some more records from my mum and dad's collection;

darkhorse.jpg

Dark Horse by George Harrison

506.jpg

The Last Waltz by The Band

off_the_wall.jpg

Off The Wall by Michael Jackson

There's also a Simon & Garfunkel record but I can't find an image of the cover.

Stuck the Revolver record I got yesterday on the wall, seeing as it's warped. Makes for some pretty good wallart :thumbup:

Getting paid tonight so I could probably buy a record (or two if there's something good in the £1 box!).

Some food for discussion: what turntables have you guys got?

EDIT: Also bought

bob-marley-and-the-wailers-live-front.jpg

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM