Medal of Honor

Zilla

1- Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/...onquer-4-open/

take a new username or use you already have, to take beta code for cc4

2-Now use your beta code at www.medalofhonor.com/beta (need to make an EA account)

It still works, just started downloading PS3 beta. Works for PS3 and PC codes. I think you can only get online on the 21st June, but it saves having to pre-order.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

no prone? :(

Not yet at least. Then again, I think they'll have all of these missing features in the single player portion of the game because they aren't using the same engine or company. Looking at the single player trailers and I can see different animations and everything. So I hope Dice steals them and integrates them. But the New Medal of Honor fanboys that are obsessed with the game and defend it no matter what actually like how there is no recoil on weapons, no prone, and absurd hit boxes, among other things. They really need to address these issues, because although the game is pretty enjoyable its game breaking. They should also improve and balance sniping, because it takes forever to kill someone with a sniper rifle bullet and can be less accurate than a machine gun in long ranges. Its also kind of bad that sniper rifles are really good at no scoping at mid-close ranges in this game, which is usually the case with me.

Also, no kill cam? To be honest, it actually fits well in this game.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

• 4 weeks later...

If you guys bought BC2 on PC you can get into the MoH beta for free.

Oh and don't bother. This is the worst online FPS I have ever played in over 10 years. The game is so bad it honestly enrages me.

Seriously, this game is [bleep]ing terrible. [cabbage]ty reg, [cabbage]ty latency, [cabbage]ty controls (mouse feels floaty as [bleep]), [cabbage]ty maps, [cabbage]ty bugs (oh awesome I can't use my crouch key, I can't actually type to anyone in game) and an overall [cabbage] product.

Oh and even more fun the PC version is a terrible console port. The menus don't work well for PC (need to click the arrows, just can't click on what you want) and they even have the SCREEN ADJUST setting which is [bleep]ing dumb as hell because it is a PC game.

God what a waste of bandwidth.

From what I've seen it looks pretty boring even if it worked, guns have no recoil and it looks very bland.

I think I can say "I told you so" to the guys on the front page who were saying "omg DICE instant buy".

What sucks about it is how bad DICE [bleep]ed it up. Honestly if they would have stuck with the way guns felt and shot in bad company 2, fixed the registration and then put it into a more "call of duty like" package it could have been a fun game. Instead we get this [cabbage]ty thing now.

What sucks about it is how bad DICE [bleep]ed it up. Honestly if they would have stuck with the way guns felt and shot in bad company 2, fixed the registration and then put it into a more "call of duty like" package it could have been a fun game. Instead we get this [cabbage]ty thing now.

I haven't played the demo or anything, but I just wanted to say...

If DICE did what they did for BC2 for this game, wouldn't people just call it BC2 with a different coat of paint on it?

Not that there is anything wrong with that (BC2 is epic), but haters gon' hate for stupid reasons like that. What they should've done was just start fresh, still kind of like BC2, but not so much that it's a direct copy.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I haven't played the demo or anything, but I just wanted to say...

If DICE did what they did for BC2 for this game, wouldn't people just call it BC2 with a different coat of paint on it?

Not that there is anything wrong with that (BC2 is epic), but haters gon' hate for stupid reasons like that. What they should've done was just start fresh, still kind of like BC2, but not so much that it's a direct copy.

Well MoH is a perfect example of what happens when they start fresh.

Starting fresh seems to be giving them too much credit, imho they just modded BC2, which...is basically what this is.

There is some good news maybe. Here are the confirmed fixes:

List of things fixed/added in the final version (confirmed by various sources)

1] First of, there will be NO Prone or Lean in MP. This has been confirmed. As adding prone will setback the development and DICE would have to rework the engine from the ground up. (Issues as balancing,clipping or altogether characters dropping from the map were discussed). There will be Prone and Lean in SP. Again, No Prone/Lean in MP, Yes to Prone/Lean in SP. I hope this clears everything up.

2] There will be an option to pick up weapons.

3] Recoil will be tweaked.

4] Grenades and explosives will be fixed as well.

5] There will be a Hardcore mode! (Yay!)

6] The "bling" when getting a kill will be fixed accordingly. (possibly more subdued).

7] Toned down HUD

8] Balancing fixes are on the way.

9] Improved performance, with greatest gains in crowded environments

10] Improved matchmaking configurations

11] Improved join-friend functionality

12] Clip and Hollow Point ammo will be renamed properly.

13] There will be character customization (IE: skins) when you reach a certain level. (Nice!)

14] There will be no customizable beards (why?)

15] There will be a mode in Single Player called Project Mercury. As to what it is, they are mum about this.

16) There will be no mod tools for the PC version at release.

17) Destruction will not be as extensive like in BC2 as the engine DICE is using for MOH is a modified Frostbite engine.

18] Punkbuster will be used for anti-cheating.

19) The gane will have dedicated servers and not share with BC2's servers.

20) The game will have alternate control schemes.

21) The Maps in Multi-player will be different from the maps in Single player. (Don't expect to fight where the Single player is based).

22) There will be a map called Diwagal Camp. It's a desert map with few cliffs and houses. (For MP)

23) The beta build we're playing now is different from the E3 build. For a video comparison see: http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/30111

24) Damage has been jacked up across the board (From Sibben).

25) Muzzle flash is being worked on.

26) There will be more game modes. (Pretty obvious but someone needs to say it).

27) The game will have a spectator mode (Confirmed to be on the PC version at least).

28] There will be control options for lefties.

29) There will be MIC and VOIP support. (Again, pretty obvious).

Note: Not all of these will be fixed in the beta. Some might be available for the final retail version only.

Taken from the EA MoH forums.

Its a shame that they won't put lean or prone in, I mean the freaking single player is going to have it. EA:LA should have done both the SP and MP, but I guess that is asking too much.

What interests me the most is the "no mod tools AT RELEASE" part in this entire list. I hope that means they release modding tools so people can implement actual good fixes.

Even with some of the positives, this game is still a piece of [cabbage]. I keep going back nevertheless to play around, but its a very bland and boring game. Very uninspired. I go back I guess because I still have hope for the game even though I know the SP may be the only positive aspect.

I'm also pissed with all of the assets they reused from BC2. They reused the engineer skin, they are reusing static cover obstacles from BC2 (don't take my word for this, I just read it from an apparent EA employee, but even so it doesn't seem like bull [cabbage]), and pretty much every animation. Compared to the 3 seconds of single player I've seen from the trailers, the animations and mechanics looked so much better, its almost going to feel like two different games. I have to admit, though, the E3 build looked a lot better than the crap I'm playing now. I can only hope that these fixes will go in, including more customization in terms of characters and stuff, better hit reg and better game play mechanics in general. Even then, though, this game will suffer.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I don't think I'm overexaggerating when I say that this game will actually be worse than spore and daikatana, combined.

Oh dude it was honestly the worst FPS I have played in over 10 years.

No hyperbole either. It's just terrible.

I wonder if there will be a way to just get the single-player campaign alone... If the multiplayer is as bad as you all say, then I might have to try lol.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I just looked in the PlayStation store in New Releases and this beta was there.

I DL'd it and played it fine. That's really weird, because I have never entered a beta code or pre-ordered the game or anything, I just went to the New Releases section and it was right there.

Did this happen to anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

I got really excited about this game but after playing the beta I was quite disappointed, I'm not sure exactly what annoyed me but I guess you could say it was because they made a game that combined mw2 and bf bc2 and put together that really doesn't work. Mw2 is a great game on its own and Bf BC 1 is good (maybe not the second one though) but they don't work together. Long story short though my pre-order has been cancelled.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

It will probably be fairly better by release, there is a reason why it has a Beta. I remember when people didn't care about graphics or how polished a beta was, a beta in it's essence is to test out the game publicly. Some games don't have betas, and you can see how they turned out.

I heard that the remastered Frontline is released for the PS3 only, sucks since that was my favorite one.

vizardsig-1.png

It will probably be fairly better by release, there is a reason why it has a Beta. I remember when people didn't care about graphics or how polished a beta was, a beta in it's essence is to test out the game publicly. Some games don't have betas, and you can see how they turned out.

I heard that the remastered Frontline is released for the PS3 only, sucks since that was my favorite one.

Well I know the first MOH is coming out on PS3 only I presume that is called Frontline then. And neither do I think any dramatic changes will be made to the game that are needed to improve it.

~Duck

Runescape - Currently In-active and a cancelled membership due to a broken computer and a cabbage laptop!

2xBarrowsReward

1600SkillTotalReached|08/05/2010

(Previously 'Darkknightider', wow that was a bad name :p)

Yeah I played the beta a few times and it is pretty awful. Not really enormous issues in balance or gameplay like MW2, its just terribly bland and really is like a bad mix up of CoD and BFBC2, the controls are clunky, animations are bad or ripped straight from BFBC2, guns feel terrible, crap "scorechain" killstreak rip off and a tendency to crash a lot.

Its clear this was a rushjob, so I think I can say a big "I told you so" to all the guys on the front page who were making comments like "DICE insta buy".