Medal of Honor

Zilla

Game Info

http://www.ea.com/games/medal-of-honor

For the first time in the franchise's 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan. The all new Medal of Honor will introduce the Tier 1 Operator: a relatively unknown entity directly under the National Command Authority who takes on missions no one else can handle.

The development team has been working closely with Tier 1 Operators from the U.S. Special Operations Community since the earliest stages of development to create the most authentic modern war experience.

To compliment the single-player experience, EALA has enlisted the multiplayer expertise at EA DICE. This team will develop the multiplayer experience of Medal of Honor. These two studios are coming together to deliver a world-class Medal of Honor that is poised to re-set the franchise for a new generation.

Operating directly under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors are called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators.

Over 2 million Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines wear the uniform. Of those, approximately 50 thousand fall under the direct control of the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operations Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. The new Medal of Honor is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite community. Players will step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan.

There is a new enemy. There is a new war. There is a new warrior. He is Tier 1.

I personally think it's going to be one of the best games of this year, anybody feel the same? Also this is something I think people might be interested with-

Medal of Honor's single-player campaign will use a heavily-modified version of Unreal Engine 3 and its multiplayer will use the Frostbite engine. This game is expected to utilize dedicated servers as hinted by Sean Decker, General Manager at EA, in Atomic PC's feature article.

vizardsig-1.png

No war game will succeed for console unless it has player creatable and nameable games. None really has since the days of CoD: FH and MoH: RS.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

And honour isn't even spelt correctly. Amazing.

Made by an American company, therefore your point is moot.

I'm off to go play with colorful fairies now.

Moot...? I'm not bothered by who it's made by though. :)

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Yeah! I've always liked MoH games alot, back to the orginal on ps1 . This would be the first they've released in a while?

Should be interesting with the leaving WWII.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

And honour isn't even spelt correctly. Amazing.

Made by an American company, therefore your point is moot.

I'm off to go play with colorful fairies now.

Moot...? I'm not bothered by who it's made by though. :)

adj.

1. Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.

a. Without legal significance, through having been previously decided or settled.

b. Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

People said the same thing about IW and MW2.

But this is more a mix of BC2 and MW2. Its going to be different.

How do you know? We know next to nothing about the game so why form any kind of judgment about it yet?

Like said before. Dice on Multiplayer. Winrar.

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

sorry, I am an amateur when it comes to video game company names, what is DICE?

and i saw a preview for this game last week. actually looks pretty legit. but i think it tries to imitate the MW2 story too much of having special forces work behind the scenes to take down an enemy....it does look better (graphically) than MW2 and BFBC2 combined though

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

sorry, I am an amateur when it comes to video game company names, what is DICE?

and i saw a preview for this game last week. actually looks pretty legit. but i think it tries to imitate the MW2 story too much of having special forces work behind the scenes to take down an enemy....it does look better (graphically) than MW2 and BFBC2 combined though

The difference is that it is based off a real group, not a few ultimate spec ops operators.

About DICE

vizardsig-1.png

I still want to see more stuff, gameplay and trailers, before I can say anymore.

When I first heard about it I was Meh.

Then I saw this trailer now im more like, Hmm...

Just gotta wait and see.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the beta is terrible, so I have little hope for the multiplayer. I'm just hoping the singleplayer won't suck as much.

[spoiler=I Hope The Final Game Isn't This Disappointing]]My Main Problems:

-So far its too reminiscent of Bad Company 2. I say this because:

1) It uses the same animations as BC@ (including regular jogging animations, sprinting animations, reloading animations, etc.)

2) It uses the same sounds and voice acting as BC2.

-No recoil on weapons.

-You can hipfire across the small maps and kill someone.

-The weaon variety is thus far wierd. There are 2 sides: the operators (Tier 1) and terrorists, and you are assigned to one side each match. The design decisions after this are disappointing. Each side has a Rifleman, Spec Ops and Sniper class. This isn't the bad part. Where there are M16's (fully automatic at that) on the rifleman side on the operators side, the terorrists side have an identical weapon thats reskinned, repackaged and given to them: the AK-47. And so on with each weapon on both sides. So rather then allowing you to unlock each weapon individually, it does this.

This game has great potential, I just wish Dice would make it less like BC2. Its kind of pointless that they used the Frostbite engine and then didn't even bother putting a lot of Destruction 2.0 in. They should have just used Unreal Engine 3 in that case.

I just wish the underutilized potential was instead fully addressed...like if they redid the assets they took from BC2, tweaked the MP experience to make it a tad better and stuff.

All this being said, it is a little fun, but its not worth $60 at all in its current state, which is why I'm thankful its beta. However, the chances of this evolving into something greater is really low at the current moment. Which disappoints me.

I do wish it was better than what I wrote in the spoiler tags, though, and hope it does get better.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

there's a beta out already?

is it open?

Unfortunately no. I had to shell out $60 in order to actually play it, and its actually not open to anyone just yet--only to people how have VIP status in Bad Company 2. Its open to people who actually just pay for it the 21st.

I guess after playing it a bit more I enjoy it, but the two things I forgot to mention that kinda tick me off: no prone, and not allowing me to use the mouse wheel to scroll through weapons. Also, after playing it a bit more, you can see it is a console port to a PC; I used a 360 controller \and everything worked flawlessly, but I play PC to use my PC equipment.

But even after the flaws, I know they will quickly fix these issues, but I know the core gameplay shall remain the same, which disappoints me. I did play a bit more and I am thus far enjoying it more before, they just need to fix a whole mess of things. This isn't really a beta or RC. Its more of what a closed beta or even Alpha build would feel like.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)