8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Romy

Why should gays be able to adopt?

There are plenty of orphans who would love a good home and parents regardless of their sexual orientation.

I always thought why gays can't keep their mouth shut and nobody will know they are gay. Sexual orientation is not that important outside dating.

This.

Show me the exact passage in the Bible where it says that being homosexual is bad.

Yeah, there isn't one, that lie was created by the catholic church to make people hate people who are different.

Leviticus 18:22 That's pre-Church, don't blame us. Besides, the only ones who toss that verse around are the Baptists/Methodists of the South.

--------------------------------------------------------

I personally think they're just doing it for attention, but I couldn't care less about another person's sexual orientation. According the United States doctrine, "All men [people] are born equal." On top of this, Jesus said "Love one another as I have loved you." I don't think Jesus nor the Founding Fathers would want us to hate/discriminate against anyone...

This is coming from a Catholic Republican in case anyone is wondering...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought why gays can't keep their mouth shut and nobody will know they are gay. Sexual orientation is not that important outside dating.

This.

Why should we hide who we truly are?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

This.

Because I don't go around saying PROUD TO BE STRAIGHT or STRAIGHT PRIDE. You must understand how annoying it is. Despite being exactly like everyone else, they feel the need to single themselves out which is probably the cause of discrimination based on sexual orientation. The idea of singling oneself out goes back to my point about needing attention. This sounds horrible to say, but I really believe it's just an act. If it's not an act, prove me wrong by behaving like regular members of society. You can keep your orientation, of course, just don't go in the streets and shout it - I don't care what someone's orientation is, it makes no difference to me.

For instance, if I coordinated a rally saying "Yeah we're all Asians," would anyone care? No, no one cares. Not because they're racist, but because it means NOTHING to them that we are Asian. We're all human. Stop discriminating yourselves if you don't want to be discriminated against.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Studio are you new? I don't recall you posting on OT much.

Anyway, to add onto that, there are plenty of other people who have to hide themselves but no one goes and make a parade for them. If a nerd acts the way he wants to, everyones going to mock him. He has to conform to be acceptable. A muslim wants to pray 5 times a day, but his boss doesn't allow it. He has to conform to be acceptable. Conformity is such a big thing in life, and no matter how much Disney tells you to be yourself, you really can't at all times.

Gays are the same way. There are times he can be gay (gay clubs), the nerd can be a nerd (World of WWarcraft raiding), and the muslim to be faithful (aftter work). The thing with gays, is that their sexual orientation is different. We spend most of our time NOT in bed with someone else, so I don't understand why sexual orientation is so god damn important.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This.

Because I don't go around saying PROUD TO BE STRAIGHT or STRAIGHT PRIDE. You must understand how annoying it is. Despite being exactly like everyone else, they feel the need to single themselves out which is probably the cause of discrimination based on sexual orientation. The idea of singling oneself out goes back to my point about needing attention. This sounds horrible to say, but I really believe it's just an act. If it's not an act, prove me wrong by behaving like regular members of society. You can keep your orientation, of course, just don't go in the streets and shout it - I don't care what someone's orientation is, it makes no difference to me.

For instance, if I coordinated a rally saying "Yeah we're all Asians," would anyone care? No, no one cares. Not because they're racist, but because it means NOTHING to them that we are Asian. We're all human. Stop discriminating yourselves if you don't want to be discriminated against.

And there are actually LOTS of asian pride groups. A club at my school called APICS (Asian Pacific islander culture something. I forget what the S stands for) ALL they did for 3 hours was literally talk about how Asian jank affected the world.

And there are straight parades all the time. See those women on those floats revealing themselves? I bet they're darn proud to be straight. (Note, when I say revealing I don't mean like partial nudity, more like... Wearing clothes to accent certain body parts.)

And whats just an act? Being gay is just an act? I would really like to delve deeper into that statement. But it's been done to death, if you wanna keep that train of thought thats fine, just don't crash into mine. And you do know that last couple sentences are hogwash? STRAIGHT men. COMPLETELY straight men. Are harrased daily because they have feministic voices, or mannerisms. They're not proud to be gay. Because they aren't. And yet they are still yelled at etc. (Happened all the time at my high school.)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Studio never said BEING gay is an act, but spreading the word about their gay sexuality is.

And to be blunt I agree for the most part.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[spoiler=Long Quote Chain]

This.

Don't be such a douche. You're not a bigot, you're a douche.

And there are actually LOTS of asian pride groups. A club at my school called APICS (Asian Pacific islander culture something. I forget what the S stands for) ALL they did for 3 hours was literally talk about how Asian jank affected the world.

And there are straight parades all the time. See those women on those floats revealing themselves? I bet they're darn proud to be straight. (Note, when I say revealing I don't mean like partial nudity, more like... Wearing clothes to accent certain body parts.)

And whats just an act? Being gay is just an act? I would really like to delve deeper into that statement. But it's been done to death, if you wanna keep that train of thought thats fine, just don't crash into mine. And you do know that last couple sentences are hogwash? STRAIGHT men. COMPLETELY straight men. Are harrased daily because they have feministic voices, or mannerisms. They're not proud to be gay. Because they aren't. And yet they are still yelled at etc. (Happened all the time at my high school.)

Name calling -10 :thumbdown:. I don't see what you're getting at. I support equal rights for everyone. If someone is involved in a pride-parade or something of the sort, does anyone not involved care? Frankly, no they don't. Don't block traffic just for the sake of obtaining attention. "Pride rallies" are so annoying. If anything, they make people more homophobic than bring supporters to your cause.

I don't care what race you are. I don't care what religion you belong to. I don't care what your sexual orientation is. Don't be an inconvenience to people if you want them to support your cause.

I understand there is so much ignorance on the subject, but all logic I've come across points to their wanting attention. Don't go out of your way to inform people of your sexual orientation. That means so little out of dating/marriage that it has no significance whatsoever. For example, when you go to an amusement park, can you pick out a completely random person from the crowd and tell what their orientation is (with the exception of the "red shirts" at Disney...)? No, you can't tell. Keep it that way. Behave normally and you won't be discriminated against (other than by fundies who can't comprehend anything at all). It's fine if you're actually gay, I don't care. However, if you're just doing it for attention, you're causing harm to the cause.

Maybe I just don't understand the way you think, I don't know. Any explanations other than "you're a douche" would be appreciated...

Also, would you care to elaborate on that last point? That made hardly any sense.

EDIT: Yes, I am new to OT, but I'm not new to TIF. I'm just more of a lurker than a poster, partially because the only time I post is when I voice my opinion. Usually when that happens, someone doesn't understand what an opinion is and they over react. Thus, causing me to not want to post. E.G. "...you're a douche [for not agreeing with everything I have to say]"

Hamtaro.png

I'm stating facts. I apologize if it made me sound bitter, but that certainly isn't my feeling or intent.

Another question: What would you guys say if I put "proud to be Catholic" in my sig? I'm not really Catholic so I wouldn't do it, but I'm just wondering.

I would say again that you are misusing the concept of the phrase.

It would largely depend on the context though. When I am reading it here in the USA, on a forum that deals with general interests, your use of the phrase would seem silly because there is no context that would make me feel like you would have any reason to be ashamed of being catholic. However if we were on a hypothetical forum that talked about say, evolution, and the majority of the posters were people who thought of Catholics as complete imbeciles, I could see you wanting to let people know that your side should be heard.

I dont think any religion is worth being proud of, personally...but thats a different topic. :^_^:

The problem with the reasoning presented by wep and romy isn't flawed logic - I agree white people are very rarely repressed and certainly have been far better off.

But what is equality? It shouldn't matter the when, the why, or the how of what people want to be proud of. In an equal society, we should all have the same rights. Shafting people of certain rights (however you feel it may be deserved) can never lead to to equality.

If only people with a handicap are allowed to use a handicapped entrance, is that "inequality" or whatever? Would you demand that people who can walk should have acess to the handicapped entrance? (I am using these questions rhetorically...I assume that you don't feel the need to have access to the handicap entrance, handicap restroom, handicap lift on the side of a bus, etc) Would you really say that there is "inequality" since the disabled people can now do something that we cant?

The problem with social inequality is that it anything social is extremely hard to define. Physical inequality is easy to define (a person who must use a wheelchair) and easy to fix (you must get the wheelchair into the building as easily as anyone else). You have a problem, and you have tools to fix that problem (ramps, lifts, etc).

When you have a social problem, what tools do you use to fix that problem? The answer isn't as clear cut as using a ramp. Social tools are hard to define, describe, quantify, and use responsibly. "Proud to be gay" is a social tool that people use to spread awareness, boost their personal self esteem, whatever. When you approach it logically, the words "proud to be gay" form a meaning that anyone should really be able to use. You can be proud of whatever you want. However, this specific phrase has become socially charged to carry a meaning that most people probably aren't even aware of consciously.

I mean, if you go tell someone "My ancestors were Irish, I love my Irish roots, and I have embraced the culture of my origins" or whatever your various white roots are, I dont think people would take offense to your personal sense of pride or connection to your heritage. However, making a random public declaration of simply "Proud to be (insert non-minority non-opressed thing here)" is going to get you in trouble because "Proud to be ____" now invokes a mental process in people where you are trying to give your culture more notice or rights. If you are from a culture that does not need more notice or rights, then you are going to be chastized for your choice to use that phrase in that way.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm stating facts. I apologize if it made me sound bitter, but that certainly isn't my feeling or intent.

Another question: What would you guys say if I put "proud to be Catholic" in my sig? I'm not really Catholic so I wouldn't do it, but I'm just wondering.

I would say again that you are misusing the concept of the phrase.

It would largely depend on the context though. When I am reading it here in the USA, on a forum that deals with general interests, your use of the phrase would seem silly because there is no context that would make me feel like you would have any reason to be ashamed of being catholic. However if we were on a hypothetical forum that talked about say, evolution, and the majority of the posters were people who thought of Catholics as complete imbeciles, I could see you wanting to let people know that your side should be heard.

I dont think any religion is worth being proud of, personally...but thats a different topic. :^_^:

I'm just wondering what your source is on this, considering the Catholic Church accepts evolution as scientific fact. It is the fundamentalist protestant denominations that take every passage of the Bible literally. Please learn the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism before you make blatantly false accusations.

On Topic: He is not misusing the phrase. It's just as annoying to see "Proud to be Gay" as "Proud to be Straight." There's no reason for either declaration. Let's say you're in a long line with a bunch of homo-phobes. If you're wearing a tee shirt that says "Gay Pride," how will they treat you? However, if you decided to wear a different tee-shirt, they may make friendly conversation with you about an unrelated subject to pass the time. It's simply provoking aggression and arguing.

Hamtaro.png

I'm just wondering what your source is on this, considering the Catholic Church accepts evolution as scientific fact. It is the fundamentalist protestant denominations that take every passage of the Bible literally. Please learn the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism before you make blatantly false accusations.

I'm not making any accusations. The information you are picking on is so completely irrelevant. I'm just saying that if he was in a context where the majority of people were opposing his Catholicism, the phrase would make sense. The legitimacy of my fake scenario has nothing to do with anything.

Along with the fact that the specifics of my comparison are irrelevant...I DONT understand those links you posted. I dont see anywhere that says they accept evolutionary theory.

On Topic: He is not misusing the phrase. It's just as annoying to see "Proud to be Gay" as "Proud to be Straight." There's no reason for either declaration. Let's say you're in a long line with a bunch of homo-phobes. If you're wearing a tee shirt that says "Gay Pride," how will they treat you? However, if you decided to wear a different tee-shirt, they may make friendly conversation with you about an unrelated subject to pass the time. It's simply provoking aggression and arguing.

WTF is your point? If you exist in a world with people who opress you wrongfully, you should just keep the peace and let them dominate you?

Should Rosa Parks have moved to the back of the bus? I dont understand this BS.

And it doesnt annoy me to see "Proud to be gay". I see someone say it, and I say "good for them, theres no reason to be ashamed of it"

Also, you have absolutely nothing supporting your legitimacy of why "proud to be gay" is an objectionable phrase. You just say "its annoying". You could at least put a little thought into your argument instead of saying "nope, youre wrong"

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I'm not making any accusations. The information you are picking on is so completely irrelevant. I'm just saying that if he was in a context where the majority of people were opposing his Catholicism, the phrase would make sense. The legitimacy of my fake scenario has nothing to do with anything.

Along with the fact that the specifics of my comparison are irrelevant...I DONT understand those links you posted. I dont see anywhere that says they accept evolutionary theory.

WTF is your point? If you exist in a world with people who opress you wrongfully, you should just keep the peace and let them dominate you?

Should Rosa Parks have moved to the back of the bus? I dont understand this BS.

And it doesnt annoy me to see "Proud to be gay". I see someone say it, and I say "good for them, theres no reason to be ashamed of it"

Also, you have absolutely nothing supporting your legitimacy of why "proud to be gay" is an objectionable phrase. You just say "its annoying". You could at least put a little thought into your argument instead of saying "nope, youre wrong"

It great that you brought up Rosa Parks. Government oppression and social acceptance are two different things. Rosa Parks got arrested for sitting at the font because it was a law. Gays don't get arrested because they're gay.

Gay marriage is political oppresson, so that can be argued and discussed. Forcing society to accept gays when it doesn't nessesilary have to is a top prority.

siggy3s.jpg

[spoiler=Long Quote Chain]

This.

Don't be such a douche. You're not a bigot, you're a douche.

Name calling -10 :thumbdown:. I don't see what you're getting at. I support equal rights for everyone. If someone is involved in a pride-parade or something of the sort, does anyone not involved care? Frankly, no they don't. Don't block traffic just for the sake of obtaining attention. "Pride rallies" are so annoying. If anything, they make people more homophobic than bring supporters to your cause.

I don't care what race you are. I don't care what religion you belong to. I don't care what your sexual orientation is. Don't be an inconvenience to people if you want them to support your cause.

I understand there is so much ignorance on the subject, but all logic I've come across points to their wanting attention. Don't go out of your way to inform people of your sexual orientation. That means so little out of dating/marriage that it has no significance whatsoever. For example, when you go to an amusement park, can you pick out a completely random person from the crowd and tell what their orientation is (with the exception of the "red shirts" at Disney...)? No, you can't tell. Keep it that way. Behave normally and you won't be discriminated against (other than by fundies who can't comprehend anything at all). It's fine if you're actually gay, I don't care. However, if you're just doing it for attention, you're causing harm to the cause.

Maybe I just don't understand the way you think, I don't know. Any explanations other than "you're a douche" would be appreciated...

Also, would you care to elaborate on that last point? That made hardly any sense.

EDIT: Yes, I am new to OT, but I'm not new to TIF. I'm just more of a lurker than a poster, partially because the only time I post is when I voice my opinion. Usually when that happens, someone doesn't understand what an opinion is and they over react. Thus, causing me to not want to post. E.G. "...you're a douche [for not agreeing with everything I have to say]"

While I admit I probably shouldn't have voiced my true feelings, what you said was pretty offensive. However, I do apologize.

And no, that is so wrong if sexual orientation has to do with only sex. Examples:

Go watch tv. Go watch an ad. Tell me what sexual orientation is displayed in that ad.

Now, go to the mall. Go to the stores that have pictures advertising the clothes. Tell me what sexual orientation is displayed in that ad.

Go buy a shirt, or try one on, tell me (assuming it deals with interpersonal human relationships) what sexual orientation is displayed.

Now, go to mcdonalds. Tell me what sexual orientation is displayed in the kids meal picture.

Now, go to school. Tell me what sexual orientation is displayed in general (depends on location tbh)

Now, go to the beach, tell me what sexual orientation is most present there as well.

Now go get on itunes, go search a random song involving a relationship, tell me what sexual orientation is displayed there.

Now go pick a random book, tell me what sexual orientation is displayed there.

Straight pride suffocates gay pride everyday, and everywhere. You see those bumper sticker on cars with a mommy, daddy, and 4 kids? Straight pride bumper sticker.

Sexual orientation is EVERYTHING. A lot people (both homo and hetero) don't realize that. It is shown in every ad you watch, show/movie you watch, song you listen to, restaurant you go to, public spots you visit, everything. It's incredibly lonesome to be a gay couple in a vast majority of straight couples.

And Studio, from what I deduced from your line regarding the homophobic line is. It's ourfault if we wear a gay pride shirt. What if you wear a shirt that says something regarding a woman? THATS DISPLAYING STRAIGHT PRIDE RIGHT THERE. (Are you ashamed to love women?)

And weponsg00d, if Rosa Parks had just put on white makeup like all the white people she woulda been ok. Hah. Why would she even think to be proud of who she is? Lucky she wasn't killed. /sarcasm

You'd think people would learn, right? If you differ from the masses, don't let anyone know it!

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I'm inclined to agree with Saru on this one - people do have a right to stand up for something they believe in.

Society is built around the heterosexual, as society has been largely heterosexual to this point. I don't know what the future holds, but I doubt that homosexuality will ever carry the same weight in society as heterosexuality does.

At the same time, I think it's undeniable that the overly flamboyant attitude displayed by some homosexuals is a turn off to many who might otherwise be inclined to revisit their beliefs.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm inclined to agree with Saru on this one - people do have a right to stand up for something they believe in.

Society is built around the heterosexual, as society has been largely heterosexual to this point. I don't know what the future holds, but I doubt that homosexuality will ever carry the same weight in society as heterosexuality does.

At the same time, I think it's undeniable that the overly flamboyant attitude displayed by some homosexuals is a turn off to many who might otherwise be inclined to revisit their beliefs.

I believe so as well to the second part. Gay guys who wear pink and yell screaming they're gay, get annyoing. Only because if everyone went around screaming they would be annoying. But I know it's probably just a coping mechanism.

However, straight guys are like "yeah! budlight and [kitty]!!! yea and my ford f-150! yea!! woooo women!!! yahhh!!!"

Are even more annoying. But then again, I'm biased.

Straight pride suffocates gay pride everyday, and everywhere. You see those bumper sticker on cars with a mommy, daddy, and 4 kids? Straight pride bumper sticker.

How so? I would say it's just sex in general that's being put into the media subliminally. Straight people just happen to be the most targeted demographic because there are simply more of them. I'm not arguing that straight pride doesn't exist - it's just that a lot of your examples seemed far-fetched. It just sounds like you have orientation on your mind more than your average person.

"yeah! budlight and [kitty]!!! yea and my ford f-150! yea!! woooo women!!! yahhh!!!"

Haha. Annoying isn't strong enough of a word to describe that stereotype. I'm nothing like that yet I consider myself more of a man than most of those guys. (Budlight is a girl's drink.) :P

How so? I would say it's just sex in general that's being put into the media subliminally. Straight people just happen to be the most targeted demographic because there are simply more of them. I'm not arguing that straight pride doesn't exist - it's just that a lot of your examples seemed far-fetched. It just sounds like you have orientation on your mind more than your average person.

"yeah! budlight and [kitty]!!! yea and my ford f-150! yea!! woooo women!!! yahhh!!!"

Haha. Annoying isn't strong enough of a word to describe that stereotype. I'm nothing like that yet I consider myself more of a man than most of those guys. (Budlight is a girl's drink.) :P

Well I wouldn't say I have orientation more on the mind than anyone else, but I'm just more aware its on my mind.

This.

I really don't see where you're directing you're animosity. I don't go around telling people that I am gay, but when it comes up I will tell them. If I feel oppressed by my peers or society in general, I'll be the first to say that I am proud to be gay. Likewise, you don't go around telling people that you're straight, but if you were asked I am sure that you would respond appropriately. I am truly not sure where you're getting this idea that homosexuals go around screaming that they fancy members of the same gender. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Quite often homosexuals are emotionally, sexually, and expressively repressed. When one comes out of that closet, it's much better to feel a sense of pride rather than guilt. You're to the extent of stereotyping an entire group of people and frankly that worries me.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I believe so as well to the second part. Gay guys who wear pink and yell screaming they're gay, get annyoing. Only because if everyone went around screaming they would be annoying. But I know it's probably just a coping mechanism.

However, straight guys are like "yeah! budlight and [kitty]!!! yea and my ford f-150! yea!! woooo women!!! yahhh!!!"

Yeah, to be fair overly flamboyant homosexuals are just one of many demographics I find annoying, and I'm sure I come across as annoying to people as well.

In terms of the pride parade itself, I dislike it's overly sexualized nature. If straight people had such a parade I'd be equally against it (I find bikini contests to be ridiculous as well, and anything of that sort). But that's just me.

The way we manifest our sexual orientation doesn't need to be extreme. I've met gay guys who are flamboyant, and I've met those who basically just say: "I like guys, that is all". It's not really a matter of which is preferable, I think that's where personality manifests itself. Ties in with your straight guy example as well, obviously not all straight guys are like that.

EDIT: @ Laura's point.

Unfortunately the majority of homosexuals "seen on tv" and in the media tend to be the flamboyant type (at least from my limited tv experience) I see where he's coming from, since much stereotyping happens without intent to do so, rather never really thinking otherwise.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

This is the point I have been trying to convey. It's just as annoying when anyone does it.

[spoiler=Studio & Laura Quote Chain]

This.

I really don't see where you're directing you're animosity. I don't go around telling people that I am gay, but when it comes up I will tell them. If I feel oppressed by my peers or society in general, I'll be the first to say that I am proud to be gay. Likewise, you don't go around telling people that you're straight, but if you were asked I am sure that you would respond appropriately. I am truly not sure where you're getting this idea that homosexuals go around screaming that they fancy members of the same gender. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Quite often homosexuals are emotionally, sexually, and expressively repressed. When one comes out of that closet, it's much better to feel a sense of pride rather than guilt. You're to the extent of stereotyping an entire group of people and frankly that worries me.

When I go to a popular amusement park in the summer, I will always see a group of individuals wearing gay pride tee shirts. They are constantly arguing with homo-phobes (who start the arguing) who are also waiting in line. You can't reason with them (the 'phobes, that is). They don't understand what reason is.

I try to be open-minded to break stereotypes - not stereotype others. If you feel that I am, I apologize, that was not my intention. I am simply annoyed by those who DO "boast" gay-pride.

However, I think I can admit defeat in this argument, but I would very much appreciate a further explanation from your point of view, so I can understand. I've been trying to learn politics from both points of view on several issues, and I feel this would be a golden opportunity for this one.

My apologies for any confusion to both Laura and Saruman. I'm only 16 and trying to learn about the world around me. I would very much enjoy further explanations, with an end to the arguing.

Hamtaro.png

I think the straight guys like that tend to be more obnoxious because for them it's accepted and expected.

I think the straight guys like that tend to be more obnoxious because for them it's accepted and expected.

Meh >.>

And Studio no worries, I re read your post and I understand your original message. No hard feelings.

Butttttttttttttttt. To extrapolate/elucidate on my point about really flamboyant guys, I don't have a problem with it, I just don't want people jumping in my face. It triggers a attack mechanism.

I only say that, because a lot of people, including the vast majority of gay culture itself frowns upon flamboyant gays, or transexuals. (Whole different topic there, but still.) When really they are just being who they are.

But to re-iterate

Jump in my face and my pet siberian tiger hidden in my pocket will go siegfried and roy on your ass.

It great that you brought up Rosa Parks. Government oppression and social acceptance are two different things. Rosa Parks got arrested for sitting at the font because it was a law. Gays don't get arrested because they're gay.

Gay marriage is political oppresson, so that can be argued and discussed. Forcing society to accept gays when it doesn't nessesilary have to is a top prority.

WTF are you talking about, seriously? The thread is talking about 8 things that gay people still are not allowed to do.

I guess that not being allowed to marry in a state is not government opression? I seriously can't see wtf you are even talking about.

If gays had every legal ability that straights have, then we would be having a different discussion. But they dont.

Myweponsgood.gif

WTF are you talking about, seriously? The thread is talking about 8 things that gay people still are not allowed to do.

I guess that not being allowed to marry in a state is not government opression? I seriously can't see wtf you are even talking about.

If gays had every legal ability that straights have, then we would be having a different discussion. But they dont.

Also, gay sex is a felony in many states. And if not a felony, a severe crime. Akin to rape.

Gay marriage is political oppression, so that can be argued and discussed. Forcing society to accept gays when it doesn't necessarily have to, is not a top priority.

I'm sorry, but if you read the recent pages we steered a bit off-course and talked about gay's role in SOCIETY. Not government rights or representation. Just their role in SOCIETY NOT GOVERNMENT.

I'm still with my "gays don't get arrest because they're gay" thing. It's like the "no underage sex". Who the hell gets caught in both of them?

And I do see a typo in my last sentence, I fixed it in the quote.

siggy3s.jpg

I'm sorry, but if you read the recent pages we steered a bit off-course and talked about gay's role in SOCIETY. Not government rights or representation. Just their role in SOCIETY NOT GOVERNMENT.

I'm still with my "gays don't get arrest because they're gay" thing. It's like the "no underage sex". Who the hell gets caught in both of them?

And I do see a typo in my last sentence, I fixed it in the quote.

Well I just dont see the difference between trying to raise societal opinon and trying to get the legislation passed.

Anti-gay laws only existed because of prejudices, and they only exist today because people still won't let go. Once we get rid of the ridiculous anti-gay laws, I think their acceptance/opression in society can be viewed on its own. But for now, its only illegal because society still doesnt accept it. So its hard to talk about their legal place without talking about society.

I know people won't be arrested for sodomy, but it really is just a little unsettling that the law is still there...Plus, changing this law could lead to other laws being changed.

Myweponsgood.gif