8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Romy

It isn't garbage, because I said as long as they have the power they do, which means when they lose that power things shall change. For the better.

They've already lost that power. Separation of Church and State is the new norm. If the Catholic Church really had power over laws(in Canada at least) abortion would be illegal, gay marriage would be illegal, contraception would be illegal, divorces would be illegal, and more.

Imagine if they had no power.... We'd be 1,000 years in the future, and gays would be treated the same.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. I've already proven to you that in developed countries the church has no power over law. No, this isn't the case in every single country, but more and more it is the norm.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the church still has some power, even if it's small. One thing you have to remember is the church influences decisions of votes and bill approval/denial by telling people what is and isn't acceptable.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't garbage, because I said as long as they have the power they do, which means when they lose that power things shall change. For the better.

They've already lost that power. Separation of Church and State is the new norm. If the Catholic Church really had power over laws(in Canada at least) abortion would be illegal, gay marriage would be illegal, contraception would be illegal, divorces would be illegal, and more.

Imagine if they had no power.... We'd be 1,000 years in the future, and gays would be treated the same.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. I've already proven to you that in developed countries the church has no power over law. No, this isn't the case in every single country, but more and more it is the norm.

Sorry I wasn't clear, the church still has some power, even if it's small. One thing you have to remember is the church influences decisions of votes and bill approval/denial by telling people what is and isn't acceptable.

Well, obviously, so I do see that. However, for example, when the bill legalizing homosexual marriage was passed in Canada some polls suggested up to 55% of people were against it - and Canada isn't overly Catholic compared to some countries.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

White culture does not need to be spread, is not facing opression, and is not a minority.

I completely disagree with the part in bold. If Al Sharpton had his way, white people would be slaves.

Since I don't believe Al Sharpton represents the majority of African Americans, let me put it this way:

The only group in America that is forced to be politically correct is the "mainstream" Caucasian. Its oppression when making an observation or opinion of another culture (however well meaning) could make you lose your career. An example of this is Don Imus.

EDIT: Actually, its mostly observations and opinions against the "big three" - Blacks, Gays, and Jews. There's less of a "firestorm" for other groups.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Religious communities hold legislative power in the men and women who represent the majority.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

White culture does not need to be spread, is not facing opression, and is not a minority.

I completely disagree with the part in bold. If Al Sharpton had his way, white people would be slaves.

Since I don't believe Al Sharpton represents the majority of African Americans, let me put it this way:

The only group in America that is forced to be politically correct is the "mainstream" Caucasian. Its oppression when making an observation or opinion of another culture (however well meaning) could make you lose your career. An example of this is Don Imus.

EDIT: Actually, its mostly observations and opinions against the "big three" - Blacks, Gays, and Jews. There's less of a "firestorm" for other groups.

Are you actually defending Don Imus? Crickey, I figured from the abortion thread you'd have these sorts of views, but this goes further than I had imagined. Lord knows that I'm no fan of people like Jesse Jackson, but I also know the types who invoke their names in this sort of conversation. More whiney ass white, straight people who can't even recognize their own white, straight privilege. Are you feeling oppressed by that nasty political correctness? You're probably the type who complains about reverse racism, too. "I can't use the word [hide]f4g[/hide] anymore!!! I'm so oppressed!"

OT:

Gay men can recall familiar faces faster and more accurately than their heterosexual counterparts because, like women, they use both sides of their brains, according to a new study by York University researchers.

The study, published in the journal, Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition, examined the influence of gender, sexual orientation and whether we’re right-or-left-handed on our ability to recognize faces. It found that when memorizing and discriminating between faces, homosexual men show patterns of bilaterality — the usage of both sides of the brain — similar to heterosexual women. Heterosexual men tend to favour the right hemisphere for such tasks.

More here: http://scienceblog.com/35610/gay-mens-bilateral-brains-better-at-remembering-faces-york-u-study/

Unfortunately, as long as the Catholic Church has the power it does there is no chance of homosexuals of having completely equal rights to heterosexual people.

This is completely ridiculous. People could have said the same thing about descrimination against blacks...

I don't really get the whole proud to be gay thing, it'd be like me having 'proud to not take it up the arse' in my sig. It doesn't serve any purpose and only shows what my posts prove anyway.

It wouldn't be like that at all. Maybe if gays were seen as equal to straights, it would be the same thing. Saying you are proud to be gay is letting the world know that it is time for a change; that being gay doesnt make his life any worse than yours.

If I put "proud to be straight" in my sig, I'd be called a bigot, yet I'm saying the same thing - because where I live, legally homosexuals are equal to heterosexuals.

Well, pride is the opposite of shame. Thats why gays are so obsessed with it. Many people have said we should be ashamed to be gay, but we're just saying we feel the opposite. But I do see what you mean, in all honesty, I would see someone with a proud to be straight bumpers ticker etc. as a douche bag. I guess its kinda hypocritical. meh.

Unfortunately, as long as the Catholic Church has the power it does there is no chance of homosexuals of having completely equal rights to heterosexual people.

And yea that .pdf is pretty spot on. (Heck when I put my proud to be gay thing in the middle of my sig people accused me of pushing my gayness onto them on the forums. *sigh*)

I don't really get the whole proud to be gay thing, it'd be like me having 'proud to not take it up the arse' in my sig. It doesn't serve any purpose and only shows what my posts prove anyway.

Tbh it's just in my sig because idk what else to put in there. rofl. When I find something interesting I'll swap it out, I just don't like empty sigs.

Maybe "Fighting for equal rights!" or "Me and Mag** be fighting for equal rights!"

I'm confused. And equal rights could mean like slave labor. I don't care about that [cabbage].

/sarcasm

Religious communities hold legislative power in the men and women who represent the majority.

Very, very true.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Well, pride is the opposite of shame. Thats why gays are so obsessed with it. Many people have said we should be ashamed to be gay, but we're just saying we feel the opposite. But I do see what you mean, in all honesty, I would see someone with a proud to be straight bumpers ticker etc. as a douche bag. I guess its kinda hypocritical. meh.

To be honest, I don't care if you have it in your sig. If there's something about yourself you're proud of, by all means, be proud of it.

But yes, the general attitude held by the media and those preaching "political correctness" tend to shaft people just as much as they help people.

I've already used the "proud to be straight" example, and the "Caucasian club" example, I'll throw out another one. Ever hear of masculinists? I doubt it. Technically, masculinists could argue for more rights for men, just as women do, yet they'd be called bigoted and old fashioned.

Indeed, but here at least MP's tend to vote regardless of religious beliefs - many people claiming to be religious (where their religion is against same sex marriage) voted in favour of legalization. Obviously this isn't the case everywhere though.

polvCwJ.gif

Are you actually defending Don Imus?

Not sure where in my post you got that I was defending Don Imus... But there are many other examples, such as Harry Reid calling Barack Obama "Light Skinned" and " with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one".

I wish that was the case with the U.S.'s Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi. She claims to be Catholic, yet supports abortion rights and gay marriage. A big argument that many Catholics like to make, and probably many other religious is *I personally would never do it, but I don't want to impose my views on others*.

That right there is separation of Church and State.

♪♪ And I'm not done

To be honest, I don't care if you have it in your sig. If there's something about yourself you're proud of, by all means, be proud of it.

But yes, the general attitude held by the media and those preaching "political correctness" tend to shaft people just as much as they help people.

I've already used the "proud to be straight" example, and the "Caucasian club" example, I'll throw out another one. Ever hear of masculinists? I doubt it. Technically, masculinists could argue for more rights for men, just as women do, yet they'd be called bigoted and old fashioned.

Saru helped me see the answer to this question. We can see pride as the opposite of shame. So when someone says "Proud to be gay" they are basically saying "F-you society, I have no shame in being gay"

When someone says "proud to be white" or "proud to be straight" or "proud to be a man" these people are saying "I have no shame in being white/straight/etc" People think you are an idiot when you say these things, for a good reason. Nobody tells whites they are inferior, theres no history of "white shame", straight people have no denial of rights...Theres no reason to tell society you aren't ashamed of being white.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

...So why restrict anyone that wants to?

To play devil's avocate (Read: Not my actual beliefs), it could be said that the minute one group has rights to say that they have pride in something while restricting another from doing so on the grounds that they have no reason to be proud of it, they would become ashamed in it. It implies that there is nothing in your culture to be proud of.

If that happens it merely shifts power from one end to the other, which is not equality. And if it causes people to resent one another it merely perpetuates the cycle of hate that it was meant to stop.

Saru helped me see the answer to this question. We can see pride as the opposite of shame. So when someone says "Proud to be gay" they are basically saying "F-you society, I have no shame in being gay"

When someone says "proud to be white" or "proud to be straight" or "proud to be a man" these people are saying "I have no shame in being white/straight/etc" People think you are an idiot when you say these things, for a good reason. Nobody tells whites they are inferior, theres no history of "white shame", straight people have no denial of rights...Theres no reason to tell society you aren't ashamed of being white.

Or it could be that we're part of the winning team of human history. If you traced back through generations and centuries, the Europeans won a so-called "Race" at being the most powerful force in the world. Ancient China could of been powerful and imperalized the world but, for reasons it didn't.

Just sayin'. It's could not be about rights at all.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

An ethnic club celebrates their ethnicity. It may have other motives, but the base celebration is there. Do white people not have that right?

In fact, in Canada, it's widely expected that within 50 years, white people will be a minority. And in the world as a whole, white people are a minority.

What are you trying to get at ? You sound very bitter.

And Nick, you think that's a good thing ? A European past is something to be ashamed of, and I say that just within the confines of this situation.

So when someone says "Proud to be gay" they are basically saying "F-you society, I have no shame in being gay"

They might think that's what they're telling everyone, but I see it as obnoxious. Like saying "Respect me only because I'm gay!" You're not the first, you're not the last, and I'm not going to care or respect you more than some other random person.

Maybe I'll put on my shirt: "Proud to be a bigot"

♪♪ And I'm not done

So when someone says "Proud to be gay" they are basically saying "F-you society, I have no shame in being gay"

They might think that's what they're telling everyone, but I see it as obnoxious. Like saying "Respect me only because I'm gay!" You're not the first, you're not the last, and I'm not going to care or respect you more than some other random person.

Maybe I'll put on my shirt: "Proud to be a bigot"

A good shirt would be don't tread on the momeraths 4 u. I was gonna have that as my avvy then I saw you and said :{ irl.

And it can be obnoxious, but then again, so can larry the cable guy type heteros. My town is full of them "give us beer, women, and let us fart! LONG LIVE PALIN 2012@@@@ amg"

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

...So why restrict anyone that wants to?

To play devil's avocate (Read: Not my actual beliefs), it could be said that the minute one group has rights to say that they have pride in something while restricting another from doing so on the grounds that they have no reason to be proud of it, they would become ashamed in it. It implies that there is nothing in your culture to be proud of.

If that happens it merely shifts power from one end to the other, which is not equality. And if it causes people to resent one another it merely perpetuates the cycle of hate that it was meant to stop.

This is just nonsensical spun BS at some desperate attempt to switch up the situation on a crazy over-analytic level

What you are saying is basically the same as saying "People in wheelchairs are making me ashamed of my legs cause they get to sit all day!"

The wheelchair is designed to be an equalizer to bring people who can't walk onto the same level as people who can walk. The phrase "Proud to be _____" is a reinforcing phrase that is used to help bring minority cultures into the mainstream.

Also to the other desperate grabber-of-straws "proud to be a bigot" wouldn't get you anywhere. "I'm not ashamed that I descriminate against people for no valid reason!" Wow good for you.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

And Nick, you think that's a good thing ? A European past is something to be ashamed of, and I say that just within the confines of this situation.

It could. We wouldn't be in our positions economically, luxury, or political if Europeans failed to do it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

This is just nonsensical spun BS at some desperate attempt to switch up the situation on a crazy over-analytic level

What you are saying is basically the same as saying "People in wheelchairs are making me ashamed of my legs cause they get to sit all day!"

The wheelchair is designed to be an equalizer to bring people who can't walk onto the same level as people who can walk. The phrase "Proud to be _____" is a reinforcing phrase that is used to help bring minority cultures into the mainstream.

Also to the other desperate grabber-of-straws "proud to be a bigot" wouldn't get you anywhere. "I'm not ashamed that I descriminate against people for no valid reason!" Wow good for you.

I love over-analytical BS :mrgreen: That and the best way to learn about another side is to argue it.

I don't disagree. I think your example was a bit off though. Other than that, though... On to the DA again :lol:

----------

But again, why restrict one culture from expressing pride? Allowing it for one group and not another is just another kind of discrimination. Before anyone comes out with "white guy says he's oppressed!", it does nothing to advance culture by repeating history with different characters.

Your example is very far from what I was trying to say, it would be more like "this guy gets to be proud of his culture and I don't!". It doesn't do anything more than create jealousy over things that nobody can choose or change. And that's not doing anything to advance society.

Saw this thread above the thread about spanish

8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Learning Spanish?

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Sorry to jump in late about that, but regarding the "Proud to be gay" discussion- Think of it as scales. Gays are discriminated against, which leads not only to frustration towards the justice society claims to have, but to actual deep problems gay people (especially in their teenage years) experience as individuals. It goes from suicidal nature, to drug/alcohol addiction, to aggressive personality, craving of being alone (isolation of oneself), and the list goes on endlessly.

The scales are trying to balance things out. Gays are discriminated against? They'll be proud of who they are, and having survived it.

Sorry I couldn't explain myself better, but I'm kind of in a hurry. Hopefully, if it isn't clear, I'll get back to it soon.

But again, why restrict one culture from expressing pride? Allowing it for one group and not another is just another kind of discrimination. Before anyone comes out with "white guy says he's oppressed!", it does nothing to advance culture by repeating history with different characters.

Your example is very far from what I was trying to say, it would be more like "this guy gets to be proud of his culture and I don't!". It doesn't do anything more than create jealousy over things that nobody can choose or change. And that's not doing anything to advance society.

You get to be proud of it, but the PHRASE "proud to be gay" as used in society just MEANS MORE than pride alone. This phrase has a strong association with minority cultures and when you say "I'm proud to be ____" people tend to think of that as saying "My heritage of ______ needs more recognition."

If someone asks you "Are you proud of your white heritage?" I dont think youd be looked at strangely. If you tell people in conversation "I feel a sense of pride in my german/english/irish/etc roots" then I dont think you would be viewed as a racist.

But coming out and randomly saying to people "Proud to be white!", its gonna get you some strange looks. Sure the phrase might mean to you that you are proud of your ancestry, BUT when you use that phrase in that particular context, people take it to mean something more.

Myweponsgood.gif

I'm stating facts. I apologize if it made me sound bitter, but that certainly isn't my feeling or intent.

Another question: What would you guys say if I put "proud to be Catholic" in my sig? I'm not really Catholic so I wouldn't do it, but I'm just wondering.

The problem with the reasoning presented by wep and romy isn't flawed logic - I agree white people are very rarely repressed and certainly have been far better off.

But what is equality? It shouldn't matter the when, the why, or the how of what people want to be proud of. In an equal society, we should all have the same rights. Shafting people of certain rights (however you feel it may be deserved) can never lead to to equality.

polvCwJ.gif

An ethnic club celebrates their ethnicity. It may have other motives, but the base celebration is there. Do white people not have that right?

In fact, in Canada, it's widely expected that within 50 years, white people will be a minority. And in the world as a whole, white people are a minority.

Off topic, but i'm not ashamed of my ancestors past.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Off topic, but i'm not ashamed of my ancestors past.

I don't think anyone is. After all, you shouldn't be. You couldn't their actions, if they were douches you couldn't help that.

You get to be proud of it, but the PHRASE "proud to be gay" as used in society just MEANS MORE than pride alone. This phrase has a strong association with minority cultures and when you say "I'm proud to be ____" people tend to think of that as saying "My heritage of ______ needs more recognition."

If someone asks you "Are you proud of your white heritage?" I dont think youd be looked at strangely. If you tell people in conversation "I feel a sense of pride in my german/english/irish/etc roots" then I dont think you would be viewed as a racist.

But coming out and randomly saying to people "Proud to be white!", its gonna get you some strange looks. Sure the phrase might mean to you that you are proud of your ancestry, BUT when you use that phrase in that particular context, people take it to mean something more.

True.

Again, I don't disagree. It actually makes more sense with this description though, thank you :grin:

This is me quitting before I make myself look worse than I must have already :lol:

If people look down upon someone saying "Proud to be white", then others would look down upon "Proud to be gay". By that logic no one should say that.

siggy3s.jpg