8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Romy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just going to express my feelings on each one of these.

1 Equal employment. If a place makes it known that they don't/won't hire gays people who are for equal employment won't go there or will suck it up, so all it does is make them lose business/ good workers. Really this could apply to anyobne, but I understand why the laws were needed in the past.

2 Giving blood. If it matters that much to you don't tell them you are gay. Yeah there is arguably no reason why they shouldn't take their blood but if you are more concerned with helping others than shouting from the rooftops that you are gay, I think you can conceal the fact you are gay long enough to give blood.

3 Cant Adopt. I really don't see a reason why not. I guess you could argue the child could have a more troubled life due to outside "pressure" about their parents but thats about it, and its kinda weak considering they've given children to ultra-druggy moms when the father was perfectly fine.

4 Educational Discrimination This in my opinion is justified. Its against their religious belief, It is a private religious institution, albeit educational, and they have the right to choose who they want to go there. If i think it's ok to have sex with animals and you think it's the worst sin someone can commit are you going to allow me to live in your house? No. It's pretty close to the same thing.

5 Housing Discrimination This part i don't completely understand but, how do they know they were evicted because of their gender identity? If I get fired from my job because I'm a bad worker who is always late, just because i saw I was fired because i'm (insert minority here) doesn't make it true.

6 Not Allowed to Marry Civil Partnerships, it's the same thing. Really why can't anyone be special these days? Everyone has to be 100% equal on every possible level. Pretty soon it seems like they are going to make the fast kids in sports wear weights to slow them down.

7 Can't Be Scoutmasters Again no real reason why not (though having been in the Boy Scouts i have no idea why you would ever want to be...)

8 Don't Ask Don't Tell This goes back to the giving blood. if it matters to you that much hide it. Also I imagine the only people who couldn't do this is the ones that would shout it from the rooftops and parade it around and make others uncomfortable, could you imagine being stuck in a submarine with an openly gay, flamboyant man for weeks or maybe months? What about bunking with him? You'd probably end up wanting to beat the [cabbage] out of him. And when you did you'd be convicted of a hate crime. So like I said, if your country matters more than you're need to be gay then stow it.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

1 Equal employment. If a place makes it known that they don't/won't hire gays people who are for equal employment won't go there or will suck it up, so all it does is make them lose business/ good workers. Really this could apply to anyobne, but I understand why the laws were needed in the past.

If a place makes it known that they don't/won't hire blacks, everyone should just suck it up right?

2 Giving blood. If it matters that much to you don't tell them you are gay. Yeah there is arguably no reason why they shouldn't take their blood but if you are more concerned with helping others than shouting from the rooftops that you are gay, I think you can conceal the fact you are gay long enough to give blood.

If you're gay and want to give blood, you would have to lie to the doctor. Despite the fact that anyone, gay or straight, could have AIDS or something, let's single out that group of people.

5 Housing Discrimination This part i don't completely understand but, how do they know they were evicted because of their gender identity? If I get fired from my job because I'm a bad worker who is always late, just because i saw I was fired because i'm (insert minority here) doesn't make it true.

Hmm the article says nothing of the actions of the people, why're you attributing what happened to the peoples actions when you have no idea what they did or did not do? That section is a little confusing though.

6 Not Allowed to Marry Civil Partnerships, it's the same thing. Really why can't anyone be special these days? Everyone has to be 100% equal on every possible level. Pretty soon it seems like they are going to make the fast kids in sports wear weights to slow them down.

Yeah who cares about equality, who cares if some people don't have the same rights as others. Who cares if a gay person doesn't have the right to visit their partner in the hospital? Please explain to me why you do not support equality.

8 Don't Ask Don't Tell This goes back to the giving blood. if it matters to you that much hide it. Also I imagine the only people who couldn't do this is the ones that would shout it from the rooftops and parade it around and make others uncomfortable, could you imagine being stuck in a submarine with an openly gay, flamboyant man for weeks or maybe months? What about bunking with him? You'd probably end up wanting to beat the [cabbage] out of him. And when you did you'd be convicted of a hate crime. So like I said, if your country matters more than you're need to be gay then stow it.

Why should people have to hide their identities? I wouldn't want to be stuck with someone who's always espousing their religious beliefs, but that doesn't mean I can have a discriminatory policy against them.

By the way, even casually admitting that you are gay in the military can get you kicked out. You don't have to be the "flamboyant" stereotype.

What? No, that's...no. That is nowhere near the same. On one hand, you're taking away a natural advantage of one athlete over another. On the other, you're denying someone their right to live as they please. That's really the very opposite.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Its obvoious you can and should hide it but it still isnt right and its utter bs

Bigots these days.....

Society is stupid

Government in america is screwed

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

So what, they asked people "how gay are you"?

The mere fact you would say that, shows a clear ignorance of the subject. As alluded to in your other posts as well, you are bigoted, and have your mind set in the way you want, and nothing is going to change it. So in reality, you're really just trolling in this topic. And I for one, do not appreciate at all the message you are spreading. You do hate gay people, you and my mom have the same exact views, and yet you both say you don't hate gay people. But we all know you do; even if you won't admit it, as with most cases, the writing of one, gives away what one doesn't outright say.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Lying about it is pretty much illegal. Also, I showed a source in this thread somewhere, and I'm pretty sure one exists in the topic post- If gays were allowed to donate blood, we'd have much more of it.

Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) does NOT own marriage. Seperating church and state is what should be done. Everywhere. A church doesn't want to marry a couple? Fine, so be it- But who are they to say they cannot marry at all?

Lying about it is pretty much illegal. Also, I showed a source in this thread somewhere, and I'm pretty sure one exists in the topic post- If gays were allowed to donate blood, we'd have much more of it.

I think in this case, lying about it(as long as you're clean) would be perfectly fine. If they don't go around prominently proclaiming their sexuality, no one is likely to figure it out.

These are in no way the same. The fast kids in sports have skill; they worked for it, that's why they get that advantage. Marriage is a right, and everyone is morally entitled to the same rights.

Christianity (or any other religion for that matter) does NOT own marriage. Seperating church and state is what should be done. Everywhere. A church doesn't want to marry a couple? Fine, so be it- But who are they to say they cannot marry at all?

I think in this case, lying about it(as long as you're clean) would be perfectly fine. If they don't go around prominently proclaiming their sexuality, no one is likely to figure it out.

Why should they commit an illegal act, that could technically harm them, only so that a bigotted society could enjoy their donation?

Not everyone is willing to commit illegal acts, much less when they have nothing to gain.

The mere fact you would say that, shows a clear ignorance of the subject. As alluded to in your other posts as well, you are bigoted, and have your mind set in the way you want, and nothing is going to change it. So in reality, you're really just trolling in this topic. And I for one, do not appreciate at all the message you are spreading. You do hate gay people, you and my mom have the same exact views, and yet you both say you don't hate gay people. But we all know you do; even if you won't admit it, as with most cases, the writing of one, gives away what one doesn't outright say.

And you took that sentence way too serious.

2j3qh46.jpg

I know, it's just ridiculous to deny a child a loving home because the society around it is bigoted.

Society is in the wrong, but the child and parents are the ones who suffer.

This is exactly what I think. Society is in the wrong, the fact that we have these rules shows that easily enough.

No, Bouwzie I didn't. I merely quoted that post, because all his other posts were quote trains. And I'm not inclined to take your word on whether or not I took it too seriously. Seriously >.>

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

The fact is, marriage in the legal sense has absolutely nothing to do with the church anyway. These idiots claim marriage is sacred and that God wouldn't approve, well, wtf does God have to do with legal implications? Hell, why do Christians even get legally married if all they care about is what God thinks? Just hold a ceremony in a church, and in the eyes of God, you're married. Hypocrites; they're just hiding their hatred of gay people behind the veil of religion.

They always reveal their true feelings when they talk about gay people being all up in their face, or even with funerals! Check this out from November last year:

Gov. Don Carcieri vetoed legislation Tuesday that would give same-sex couples in Rhode Island the same right to plan the funerals of their late partners as married couples.

The socially conservative Republican said the proposed protection represents a "disturbing trend" of the incremental erosion of heterosexual marriage. Rhode Island does not recognize same-sex marriage.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/11/national/main5608892.shtml

It just shows that it's NOT about marriage, and it's just about how they think gays are icky. Same thing with hospital visitation rights. Why deny them that? Oh, right...

No, Bouwzie I didn't. I merely quoted that post, because all his other posts were quote trains. And I'm not inclined to take your word on whether or not I took it too seriously. Seriously >.>

Well sir, I cannot be [bleep]ed to argue today, but I thank you for giving my name a capitalised b.

2j3qh46.jpg

I'm glad that my simple attempt to understand the conditions in which a survey was conducted suddenly merits ignorance.

I'm also glad that my attempts to be reasonable and debate my position are inferred as trolling.

But most of all, I'm really overjoyed that you can say I hate gay people, because I'm sure you have the authority and knowledge to do so.

I have several gay friends. I've had in depth arguments with one of them about my beliefs - we agree to disagree and remain friends to this day. But of course, you know that already, due to your in depth knowledge and understanding of my personal life.

You call me ignorant? I'm not the one making assumptions.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'm glad that my simple attempt to understand the conditions in which a survey was conducted suddenly merits ignorance.

I'm also glad that my attempts to be reasonable and debate my position are inferred as trolling.

But most of all, I'm really overjoyed that you can say I hate gay people, because I'm sure you have the authority and knowledge to do so.

I have several gay friends. I've had in depth arguments with one of them about my beliefs - we agree to disagree and remain friends to this day. But of course, you know that already, due to your in depth knowledge and understanding of my personal life.

You call me ignorant? I'm not the one making assumptions.

Everyone makes assumptions, and no, I don't know if you have gay friends. You really don't have any proof of it either, for all I know you're just saying you are because I accused you of being homophobic. And even if I was wrong with the assumption (not saying I am wrong), you pretty much came across as demeaning,whether intentional or not. I didn't mean to flip out at you, that was unintentional and in a sense unprovoked. But I still believe what I said, even if I didn't say it the nicest way.

I want more research done on homosexuals raising a child from toddler years or in their adolescent years to surface before I can completely say I'm comfortable with homosexuals adopting.

Other than that they should have any right that heterosexuals have.

I want more research done on homosexuals raising a child from toddler years or in their adolescent years to surface before I can completely say I'm comfortable with homosexuals adopting.

Other than that they should have any right that heterosexuals have.

Well there has been a lot of debate between scientists/people who deal with this kind of stuff, about whether or not having 2 different genders raising a child matter. This basically applies for not only homosexual couples (both lesbian and gay of course) but single parenting as well. But even if I wasn't gay, gay couples should have the same adoption rights as single adopting parents (and as I'm sure we all know, single people have been adopting for a long time.)

If a place makes it known that they don't/won't hire blacks, everyone should just suck it up right?

If you're gay and want to give blood, you would have to lie to the doctor. Despite the fact that anyone, gay or straight, could have AIDS or something, let's single out that group of people.

Hmm the article says nothing of the actions of the people, why're you attributing what happened to the peoples actions when you have no idea what they did or did not do? That section is a little confusing though.

Yeah who cares about equality, who cares if some people don't have the same rights as others. Who cares if a gay person doesn't have the right to visit their partner in the hospital? Please explain to me why you do not support equality.

Why should people have to hide their identities? I wouldn't want to be stuck with someone who's always espousing their religious beliefs, but that doesn't mean I can have a discriminatory policy against them.

By the way, even casually admitting that you are gay in the military can get you kicked out. You don't have to be the "flamboyant" stereotype.

1 That's not what I'm saying at all. i'm saying if they say they won't hire blacks they will lose business a lot more business than they will gain because people will say, if you dont want to hire blacks, i don't want to give you my business, not to mention they could lose some very good employees.

2 Did you even read what I said? I pretty much don't have a problem with it, again like I said if it matters that much don't tell them, would it be nice to get it changed, sure otherwise hide it for half an hour or however long it takes to give blood.

5 Why am I attributing it to the actions of the people? Like I said I'm not 100% sure but it definitely not out of the question, just saying i was kicked out because i was gay doesn't make it true.

6 Do you really just pick out the parts that you want? I'm not talking about equality really i'm talking about specialty, if someone takes away everything that makes a person unique how are they even a person any more, they are a copy. And how are civil partnerships different?

8 Joining the military is a sacrifice make no mistake, and I'm sure plenty of gay men and women have made the sacrifice of hiding their gay "identity" to serve their country. If you are a good comrade and are comfortable with the people you serve with, I'm pretty sure no one is going to go running to higher ups if you let slip that you are gay. i've worked with gay people before I used to be uncomfortable with them, but now I don't really care unless they make a pass at me. I can't imagine why it would be too much different for anyone else.

I saw romy post something about lying about blood being illegal i think, so is walking across the street when not in a crosswalk, but how are they going to catch you.

I also saw Lenin I think it was bring up the thing about weighing kids down. i realize it is different but it seems like it is getting to that point. There was a short story I read about it once, where all of the good looking people had to wear masks, and the naturally athletic had to wear weights and the smart people had to wear these things which made a loud annoying buzzing noise if they thought too much. What I'm saying is I can see our society heading that way.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

I saw romy post something about lying about blood being illegal i think, so is walking across the street when not in a crosswalk, but how are they going to catch you.

First, it does not matter how. It's a risk that no one should be taking, especially when the reason does not involve self-gain.

Second, it's illegal, whether you get caught or not. Some people find it unacceptable. Some find it so unacceptable, that, surprisingly, they'd rather not donate.

Third, it's a [bleep]ed up policy. Because of bigots, gay can't donate blood, and the world will have to handle less of it.

It's kind of similar to the whole "don't ask don't tell" thing. It doesn't make sense to restrict healthy people from fighting in a war if you need soldiers, and let's be honest, if these guys hate gay people that much they'd probably love to have them on the front lines or doing the absurdly dangerous jobs nobody else wants...

1 That's not what I'm saying at all. i'm saying if they say they won't hire blacks they will lose business a lot more business than they will gain because people will say, if you dont want to hire blacks, i don't want to give you my business, not to mention they could lose some very good employees.

I understand what you're saying, if a business won't hire a certain person because of their sexual preference or race, they lose the good work etc that person would have done. And probably receive public backlash too. But why is it okay to deny certain people? If a business denies service to a certain type of people, you may call it bad business, but do they have the right to do that? are you rand paul

2 Did you even read what I said? I pretty much don't have a problem with it, again like I said if it matters that much don't tell them, would it be nice to get it changed, sure otherwise hide it for half an hour or however long it takes to give blood.

The point isn't "if they want to give blood so bad, they can lie", it's there is no reason for them to need to lie. So yeah, would be nice to get it changed.

6 Do you really just pick out the parts that you want? I'm not talking about equality really i'm talking about specialty, if someone takes away everything that makes a person unique how are they even a person any more, they are a copy. And how are civil partnerships different?

So do heterosexual couples "deserve" to have marriage to keep them "special"? What else do homosexuals want to take away, causing others to lose their speciality? Civil partnerships are different because they have a different name, much like the idea of "separate but equal", if something is separate, it isn't equal.

8 Joining the military is a sacrifice make no mistake, and I'm sure plenty of gay men and women have made the sacrifice of hiding their gay "identity" to serve their country. If you are a good comrade and are comfortable with the people you serve with, I'm pretty sure no one is going to go running to higher ups if you let slip that you are gay. i've worked with gay people before I used to be uncomfortable with them, but now I don't really care unless they make a pass at me. I can't imagine why it would be too much different for anyone else.

So can I make a policy that says "We won't ask you about your religious beliefs, but if you bring them up, you can be kicked out"?

I also saw Lenin I think it was bring up the thing about weighing kids down. i realize it is different but it seems like it is getting to that point. There was a short story I read about it once, where all of the good looking people had to wear masks, and the naturally athletic had to wear weights and the smart people had to wear these things which made a loud annoying buzzing noise if they thought too much. What I'm saying is I can see our society heading that way.

What are you saying. As I'm reading it, you're saying giving homosexuals rights would make heterosexual's rights less "special", and therefore they don't deserve those rights?

Getting everyone to the same "amount" of rights does not mean taking rights away, a la athletes wearing weights.

Degrees of gayness? You're either attracted to the same sex or you're not. Degrees of gayness are merely how that attraction manifests itself in your personality.

Yes, the Kinsey scale, which many psychologists now even see as simplistic itself. The fact that we have bisexual people that have varying degrees of attraction to either sex should surely be a clue that it's not black and white.

Point me to them.

Well, here's one.... But as other people have pointed out, since autism affects ~0.1% of the population, and gay people 10% of the population it's no wonder that you haven't come across many.

I realize this. Animals hump humans, fire hydrants, trees, etc. If you're going to argue that something with no comprehension of greater existence gives homosexual behavior legitimacy then I'm done arguing.

No, my point was that it indicates that homosexuality isn't a human choice.

I don't see why the "laws of nature" make me in favour of eugenics?

"Nature is red in tooth and claw". Saying a human action is wrong because it goes against the "laws of nature" (which are what exactly?) isn't a good argument. And conversely we don't make moral judgements based on what we observe animals doing (the laws of nature?) because nature is selfish.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"