8 Things Gay People Can't Do

Romy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah. a thread about the views and rights of others:

A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

can you guess what word that defines? This "discussion" isn't worth having due to the nature of people who hold those views: they cannot be discussed with, as the views are "indisputable".

I know! I know! I know! Pick me!

It starts with an F!

I have a homosexual uncle whom is the most successful person I have personally known. He has a PhD in computer science, owns a large house, has a reputable job, and is a good person. Just because someone doesn't have the same beliefs as you, --whether it be religion, politics, and sexuality-- it doesn't make them any less of a person then anyone else. They should have equal rights as anyone else.

sigcp.png

65,280 to 99 fletching on 3-14-09

40,405 to 99 woodcutting on 10-17-2009

I have an interesting question to anyone who wants to tackle it.

They always say that you can't choose to be gay or straight. However, I really feel that if I decided to try it, I could have an enjoyable relationship with a man.

...Does that make me bisexual? Because I feel like I am just choosing to be straight. So are bisexuals people who can choose which lifestyle they enjoy better?

So do "straight" people feel like they would never be able to have a same sex partner? And gays could never imagine being happy with an opposite sex partner? I think it would be strange to feel that way...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Tbh 2 guys could get married because they both have good jobs and can stand each other doesnt mean they have to have *** with each other.

Do you know what happens on Marriage night, after the reception, little boy?

I thought of that part after I posted.

No matter who it is, there is no valid reason to be homophobic. Nothing different about them, other than their sexual preference.

And yes Saruman, you are right. It is a lot like xenophobia and racism.

Yes, you have free will, which means you are free to do something seen as wrong.

I personally see homosexuality as something that's against the laws of nature and therefore wrong. It doesn't make me hate gay people, it doesn't make me scared of them, it doesn't make me think they should be maligned by society, but I still don't believe what they do is right.

I think a similar way to you. I prefer there be no homosexuality like I would prefer there be no crippled or mentally ill people (by genes) just like I would prefer people don't waste so much energy on games or eat very little Argentine food (by choice).

But, they're here. So whether by personal choice or being born with it, we have to accept this little difference. Knowing which differences are acceptable and which are not makes one be open-minded. Not accept all differences or reject them all. It depends on the severity and the impact of the differences and homosexuality is such a small difference it shouldn't be rejected.

What you prefer is a similar story. You can prefer whatever you want, but knowing which differences are worthy to change is the more important value here.

Are you trolling? I mean what the heck? What if the numbers were reversed? How would you like it if I said straight ppl are ok. I mean I ugess I have to accept that. Its incredinly naive, for one who claims such intelligence.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I always thought why gays can't keep their mouth shut and nobody will know they are gay. Sexual orientation is not that important outside dating.

Why should people have to hide who they are?

But it really isn't that important, and I'd say the same for straight people. Whether you like the same or the opposite sex has nothing to do with who you actually are as far as accomplishments go.

I wouldn't say that people should hide their sexuality, nor would I say that people should advertise it.

I'd think the religious side should avoid condemning them though. Seriously, you probably shouldn't speak for God, that's His job. And I can hope that He'd be pissed that they're putting words in His mouth... :twisted:

Hopefully that pissed off both sides of this :grin:

[hide=quote1]

Tbh 2 guys could get married because they both have good jobs and can stand each other doesnt mean they have to have *** with each other.

Do you know what happens on Marriage night, after the reception, little boy?

I thought of that part after I posted.

No matter who it is, there is no valid reason to be homophobic. Nothing different about them, other than their sexual preference.

And yes Saruman, you are right. It is a lot like xenophobia and racism.

Yes, you have free will, which means you are free to do something seen as wrong.

I personally see homosexuality as something that's against the laws of nature and therefore wrong. It doesn't make me hate gay people, it doesn't make me scared of them, it doesn't make me think they should be maligned by society, but I still don't believe what they do is right.

I think a similar way to you. I prefer there be no homosexuality like I would prefer there be no crippled or mentally ill people (by genes) just like I would prefer people don't waste so much energy on games or eat very little Argentine food (by choice).

But, they're here. So whether by personal choice or being born with it, we have to accept this little difference. Knowing which differences are acceptable and which are not makes one be open-minded. Not accept all differences or reject them all. It depends on the severity and the impact of the differences and homosexuality is such a small difference it shouldn't be rejected.

What you prefer is a similar story. You can prefer whatever you want, but knowing which differences are worthy to change is the more important value here.

Are you trolling? I mean what the heck? What if the numbers were reversed? How would you like it if I said straight ppl are ok. I mean I ugess I have to accept that. Its incredinly naive, for one who claims such intelligence.

[/hide]

For your first statement about marriage night, not everyone has sex or anything after marriage.

For your statement about mentally ill and crippled people, there is something obviously wrong with them. A homosexual man doesn't have one arm, or a homosexual female doesn't have a disease which forces her to get angry or swear uncontrollably.

I always thought why gays can't keep their mouth shut and nobody will know they are gay. Sexual orientation is not that important outside dating.

But it really isn't that important, and I'd say the same for straight people. Whether you like the same or the opposite sex has nothing to do with who you actually are as far as accomplishments go.

I wouldn't say that people should hide their sexuality, nor would I say that people should advertise it.

I'd think the religious side should avoid condemning them though. Seriously, you probably shouldn't speak for God, that's His job. And I can hope that He'd be pissed that they're putting words in His mouth... :twisted:

Isn't there a tenet within most religions which states they should treat everyone fairly or not condemn people for his or her beliefs and opinions?

sigcp.png

Local, I know what you're saying, and I kind of agree, but it's kind of like saying, "I'm a white straight male and I'm feeling discriminated against!"

It's the same argument that religious folk make: I don't mind gay people, just get out of my face with it with your pride parades! Or, "why don't straight people have straight parades?"

It's just nonsense designed to hide their homophobia. They're in your face for a reason: it's been a long time coming to where they can be open about who they are as people without being persecuted, and it feels good. That's why the depression and suicide rates among gay people are so high: they're shamed into hiding it, into hiding who they are. "Being in your face" is a way of expressing that joyful feeling of finally being able to be out and about. Not to mention that as more people come out of the closet and are open about it, the less discrimination society has against them:

Poll: With Higher Visibility, Less Disapproval For Gays

Seventy-seven percent of Americans now say they know someone who is gay or lesbian, a new CBS News poll finds - an increase of 35 percentage points since 1992, when a majority of Americans said they did not.

More than six in ten Americans say they have a close friend, work colleague or relative who is gay or lesbian. Just 22 percent say they do not know anyone at all who falls into that category.

The increasing visibility of gay and lesbian Americans appears to have contributed toward more positive perceptions of homosexual relations. Forty-three percent of Americans currently see homosexual relations between consenting adults as "wrong" - a drop of 19 percentage points from a Gallup poll taken in 1978.

Ending the closet is the key to equality.

Differences like cultural...stoning women for holding an unmarried man's hand, differences like THAT. Being gay is a difference, but not a difference worthy of being changed...because it causes so little problems.

So read the post before crying troll, Mr. S-I-troll-in-my-free-time-man.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I actually agree with gays being unable to adopt. Think about what it would be like for a young student to have two mommies. Kids who've lost a parent already suffer teasing and probing questions from their classmates. Would kids with two parents of the same sex be better off in any way? My experience tells me no - I had a class mate who was raised by adoptive gay parents, who explained some of the additional difficulties she faced throughout her childhood. Have you heard teenagers use "gay" as a substitute for the word "stupid" lately? Back in middle school, my classmates and I thought it was just a more sophisticated word for "stupid" or "lame." Do you have any idea how this can affect the life of someone who's living with gay parents? How about learning of their adoption? I had a friend who was adopted, along with his half-brother, at a young age. From the sounds of it, he didn't cope so well when he first learned that his parents weren't really his parents. Nor did his brother. Nor was this unique. Yet this confusion has to happen earlier for a child with gay parents. Like I said, in kindergarten, when they're drawing a picture of their family and she draws two mothers, how will the teacher handle it? How will the other students?

Unfortunate as it may be, until all the misinformation and negative social stigma surrounding gays gives way, I don't think it's a good idea for gays to adopt children. I pity the would-be parents who will not know the joy of raising a child because of this, but I would sooner have them deprived of this privilege than have more children suffer a harsher childhood.

EDIT: Also, I don't see the issue with private industries and discrimination against homosexuality. The fact is, heterosexuality is part of a life-style in our society, every bit as much as the Amish technology-free life-style is. On one hand, we shouldn't allow culture to constrain our society entirely, so I would vehemently oppose any discriminatory actions by our government. But on a more personal level, that of private organizations, I see no trouble with requiring students to conform to the accepted life-style, or businesses giving small benefits to support what they feel is the "right" life-style.

In this way, I feel those who complain about the intolerance of homosexuality are hypocritical, as they are intolerant in their own way. I think the bottom line is that people are different, and if people simply can't agree, as long as they're not imposing significant harm on others, we should all live and let live.

Corruption is another issue, but again, not our issue. Given time, corruption will ruin an organization, so I fail to see how abuse of "charity" is our concern as a society.

EDIT: Also, I don't see the issue with private industries and discrimination against homosexuality. The fact is, heterosexuality is part of a life-style in our society, every bit as much as the Amish technology-free life-style is.

Wasn't discriminating African Americans and Women part of life-style a while back? That has since changed. Now there are powerful figures such as Barrack Obama and Oprah.

The point I am making is this is a phase in American culture. People will have to take in the change of society and evolve pass their current mindset and accept the fact that there are homosexual couples out there in the world. Homosexuality are not going to dissipate simply because someone thinks it is wrong.

There are homosexuals on these boards. I am friends with several of them and they some of the coolest and amazing people I know.

sigcp.png

EDIT: Also, I don't see the issue with private industries and discrimination against homosexuality. The fact is, heterosexuality is part of a life-style in our society, every bit as much as the Amish technology-free life-style is.

Wasn't discriminating African Americans and Women part of life-style a while back? That has since changed. Now there are powerful figures such as Barrack Obama and Oprah.

The point I am making is this is a phase in American culture. People will have to take in the change of society and evolve pass their current mindset and accept the fact that there are homosexual couples out there in the world. Homosexuality are not going to dissipate simply because someone thinks it is wrong.

There are homosexuals on these boards. I am friends with several of them and they some of the coolest and amazing people I know.

Discrimination against African Americans and women are different. For one, the religious connotations died down. Maybe the same will happen to homosexuality. Maybe religion itself is a problem, but it's here to stay regardless.

Compare the Aztecs to the Amish. The Aztecs practiced human sacrifice. The Amish deprive themselves and their children of technology. I would have a serious issue with anyone who practices human sacrifice in our country today. But in contrast, while I feel bad for those who will never know the benefits of technology, the harm they cause to others is minimal, particularly when despite stigma within their own society, people can choose to no longer be a part of that culture.

Similarly, discrimination against African Americans led to slavery, degradation of their humanity, ostracize from the society as a whole, and in some cases, rape and murder. Discrimination against women led to similar ostracize from legal processes.

While personally I think discrimination against homosexuals is unwarranted, it's one of those "I don't like it but I'm willing to live and let live" situations. I don't like the idea of Catholic schools, or of businesses that support a religious ceremony and the implied lifestyle by offering benefits to married couples. But what's important is that we don't stop homosexual people from voting. We don't hurt them, or allow them to come to hurt, because of their sexual orientation. The opportunities the government provides to us should be provided to them unless there is a well-reasoned argument that states otherwise (like, raising children amidst the negative social stigma).

But as long as a private organization doesn't step too far out of line, it doesn't feel like it's our business.

Local, I know what you're saying, and I kind of agree, but it's kind of like saying, "I'm a white straight male and I'm feeling discriminated against!"

It's the same argument that religious folk make: I don't mind gay people, just get out of my face with it with your pride parades! Or, "why don't straight people have straight parades?"

It's just nonsense designed to hide their homophobia. They're in your face for a reason: it's been a long time coming to where they can be open about who they are as people without being persecuted, and it feels good. That's why the depression and suicide rates among gay people are so high: they're shamed into hiding it, into hiding who they are. "Being in your face" is a way of expressing that joyful feeling of finally being able to be out and about. Not to mention that as more people come out of the closet and are open about it, the less discrimination society has against them:

I could have worded it better. If someone said either "I'm gay" or "I'm straight", my response would pretty much be "Okay, cool". Openness is good, yes, I just think there are more important ways to define people.

ALG I think you're missing the point. (Maybe? lol)

What nick is saying is: It's not ok to be gay. Spiffeh is saying: Why not?

Now what are you saying? In reference to that. Because I will be the first to admit, gay guys who bring up their sexuality in EVERY possible chance is extremely annoying. But then again, so are the larry the cable guy heteros talking about beer, and other not pg topics. They are annoying on both side of the spectrum. However, as I'm sure you're aware ALG sexuality does not just involve dating, it involves everything in life.

edit:

I could have worded it better. If someone said either "I'm gay" or "I'm straight", my response would pretty much be "Okay, cool". Openness is good, yes, I just think there are more important ways to define people.

Yes I completely agree Magekillr.

Yes I completely agree ALG. I think what most people like me, (I will simply assume purely for the sake of argument most people are like me for this scenario:) We don't want to be known as that gay kid, or be defined by our sexuality. However, I also don't want to fell like I should have to hide what I believe God made me to be like. And I think that in reality a lot of it is lost in translation so to speak. While I'm just trying to say I'm not ashamed of being gay, people may take it as I'm defining myself by being gay (for example wearing pride stickers etc), or want to rub it in peoples faces. Like the vast majority of disputes, be it interpersonal, political, or geographic, are caused by a loss of communication.

Edited by Saruman44

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I think the people bashing the church are no better than the anti-gay crusaders they are protesting so heavily against. The church isn't obliged to adjust age-old beliefs simply because society has done so. At the same time, does this mean I, as a Catholic, am going to walk outside tomorrow and join a "god hates [bad word for gay people]" picket line? Of course not, because that would be going against everything the church believes in. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" from the gospel according to John. Those kinds of protesters are incredible hypocrites. As for that letter against ENDA by U.S. Bishops, the bishops did make it clear that they did not do it because they want permission to beat up gay people and fire them from their jobs. They feared a much bigger consequence that would create a society in which the church had absolutely no moral influence upon.

On a more serious note, how would you like to explain why there's only one mommy? Daddy didn't love mommy so he left, what kind of picture does that give kids?

Which is exactly why the church does not tolerate divorce except in situations of abuse and other serious matters. "The love was gone" is not an excuse, and I think that is as detrimental to a child as one who is persecuted for having gay parents. Of course it's not the kid's (or the parents') fault that he's being persecuted, but tell that to the two-faced society. It's funny, society members outside of religion are either completely supportive of gay rights or they are the ones beating up gay kids and publicly persecuting homosexuals. And then there are the religious fanatics who make those anti-gay crusades (like Westboro Baptist Church). Yet it's CATHOLICISM that's being attacked as the ultimate persecutor? How do you think we feel knowing that society hates us because we hold our beliefs when it's the outsiders who are doing the persecution? Actually, scratch that. We (or at least I) don't give a damn. I'm holding my beliefs to my death, and while society conforms, I trust that the church won't.

And please, before I get quoted/flamed, don't try to respond by posting a news post of some isolated incident where a few Catholic kids got involved against some gay kids. In terms of the church as a whole, I don't recall anyone saying we desire to openly attack gay people for being gay. In fact, i believe that article against the bishops even mentions a catechism quote that says homosexuals must be treated with sensitivity.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Dude, catholics can't stand the heat. They conform faster than like. Fast things. And I already pointed out earlier its an untrue stigma of catholics being so homophobic, a big denomination is baptist, and presbyterian.

Differences like cultural...stoning women for holding an unmarried man's hand, differences like THAT. Being gay is a difference, but not a difference worthy of being changed...because it causes so little problems.

Posts like that don't make me cry all that often, please don't exaggerate. :|

And trolling tends to have a malicious tone to it, I just like goofing around. L

Anyways, homosexuality cannot be changed, I think thats what confused me about your post. Besides I'm pretty sure most people will agree your phrasing wasn't the best, Mr. Poland.

Dude, God is bisexual himself. I'm pretty sure God's not a hypocrit neither.

Quick question, how do you know this...?

He told me right after he told me about his burning bush wink.gif

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dude, God is bisexual himself. I'm pretty sure God's not a hypocrit neither.

Quick question, how do you know this...?

He told me right after he told me about his burning bush wink.gif

Blatant disrespect for one's religion is not how one climbs the rungs of society.

ON TOPIC:

For all those who think homosexuality is wrong, do you believe gay sex should stay as a felony? (as it is in the vast majority (35+) states)

I agree with most of that list actually... I think its creepy for gay people to adopt. Heck america isn't even the "worst" country in this respect. Muslims in nearly every country (excluding S.A. and U.A.E. and quwait <- spelling?) exclude and segregate gays...or stone them....

Point being Gays are rather privilaged in todays society... somewhat... well The greeks were really gay for awhile so... ( ancient Greece)

so in order of niceness to gays Greeks and like europeans :/ > americans and some eastern european countries > third world [bleep]ries or devoloping countries ( aids in africa is from unprotected reg. sex)

Pov here being that I'm a christian and god says homosexuality = bad, and though I know people that are gay i believe that what they do is wrong and try my best to accept them in spite of it

------------------------------------------------------------

Flame on

No scarcasm was intended in this post.

Show me the exact passage in the Bible where it says that being homosexual is bad.

Yeah, there isn't one, that lie was created by the catholic church to make people hate people who are different.

And I quote

Leviticus 20:13

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' (NIV)

'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.' (NASB)

'If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.' (KJV)

'If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.' (ESV)

'If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.' (NKJV)

''If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' (TNIV)

If you would like to debate historical authenticity, please realize that the Leviticus is from the Jewish Torah. They are not part of the Catholic church, and do not follow any changes you may say the Catholic church has made. The jewish Torah says exactly the same thing, and has said that for over 3000 years. This has been proved true countless times, by historians and scholars from all religions.

Can we please try to refrain from dissing other people's religions, when we have shown we know absolutely nothing about them?

As far as my response to people who are gay or straight, I just say "Ok, cool" like ALG above me. It's just people like you who make believe their ridiculous statements are truth, are generally intolerant of everyone else, and pretend knowledge about things of which they posses no understanding; these are the people who I dislike.

pere_grin.png

I think it's funny when people who don't like it when gays (usually lesbians, in this case) adopt children, because every child needs a "father figure" in their life.

Yet these same people tend not to be so caring when it comes to single mothers.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' (NIV)

'If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.' (NASB)

'If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.' (KJV)

'If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.' (ESV)

'If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.' (NKJV)

''If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.' (TNIV)

Being gay does not mean you have sex with other men/women as most of those translations refer to.

There is also a bible verse which says something about how tattoos are a sin to have, but this was a law of man, not God. Many people believe this is a similar case.

Also, the bible refers to "man" as everyone at many points.

And the last thing is that Lev. is part of the old testament. In the new testament, a bunch of laws in the old testament are abandoned..

sigcp.png

Being gay does not mean you have sex with other men/women as most of those translations refer to.

There is also a bible verse which says something about how tattoos are a sin to have, but this was a law of man, not God. Many people believe this is a similar case.

Also, the bible refers to "man" as everyone at many points.

And the last thing is that Lev. is part of the old testament. In the new testament, a bunch of laws in the old testament are abandoned..

I understand this.

Please find this verse for me

In this particular passage, the Bible is very clearly talking about Men only, as the format runs something like "if a woman does.....", "if a man does.....", "if a woman does.....", "if a man does......." etc.

Also, yes a bunch of the laws of the Old Testament were repealed, but these were having to do mostly with what kinds of food you can eat. Also, quite a few of what people think to be "laws" were just customs imposed by the religious leaders of that time (e.g. If you wanted to move clothes into another room on the Sabbath, carrying them would be work, and thus illegal. But putting them on, and walking to the room while wearing these clothes, then taking them off, was allowed) The repealing of these laws can be found in Acts.

Also, there are numerous references throughout the New Testament. The epistles of Paul would be a good place to start. 1 Timothy 1:10 perhaps.

As I edited above, I do not care whether someone is gay or straight. I have known many gay people, alot of them were pretty cool. It is the people like the person to whom I was replying that I dislike.

But, it's 2am here, and I have to work in 6 hours, so I will go try to get some sleep now. If you have further questions, feel free to post, or send me a message when this gets locked.

The person to whom I was replying very insultingly claimed that such passages in the Bible do not exist. I posted the one that is most easily verifiable. Something harder might have exceeded his abilities.

Thank you for the reasonable and well thought-out reply containing facts and knowledge.

Anyways, going to bed now, work in 6 hours. >.<

pere_grin.png

Dude, catholics can't stand the heat. They conform faster than like. Fast things. And I already pointed out earlier its an untrue stigma of catholics being so homophobic, a big denomination is baptist, and presbyterian.

Posts like that don't make me cry all that often, please don't exaggerate. :|

And trolling tends to have a malicious tone to it, I just like goofing around. L

Anyways, homosexuality cannot be changed, I think thats what confused me about your post. Besides I'm pretty sure most people will agree your phrasing wasn't the best, Mr. Poland.

I do apologize for my bad wording, but I'm sure there's a group of people you would rather different. Rap-bashers perhaps.

And for the troll comment, don't say that. I have never made a trol post and I don't want people to think differently, okay Mr. Saruman?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg