Magic is overpowered

howbadisbad

I don't understand why people keep complaining about a certain style being "overpowered"; in a PvP situation, you should be hybriding anyway.

Only because of protection prayers, assuming there are no protection prayers magic is the best because of

1. it's spell effects

2. Highest dps and accuracy

Safe pvp is more likely for protect prayers to be off though.

ever heard of combos?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Armadyl, Crossbow, and etc. gear back up my claims. If anyone would like to 1 on 1 me, fine. I'll happly go along with it.

I will when I have time, add me ingame?

Work tomorrow so I should go to sleep soon <_<

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

I don't understand why people keep complaining about a certain style being "overpowered"; in a PvP situation, you should be hybriding anyway.

Only because of protection prayers, assuming there are no protection prayers magic is the best because of

1. it's spell effects

ever heard of combos?

I hope your not talking about the ones nerfed by Jagex.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Muggi has always been a defender of magic... Also, according to him, zuriels > dragon bolts, but, should we at all be comparing zuriels to dragon bolts? If we want any kind of a fair fight the ranger should at least be using onyx bolts and morrigan javelins/throwaxes and what not. Also i'm in serious doubt if a zuriels mage can cast much on a spectral/armadyl ranger while getting blasted by javelin damage, poison and 60s from onyx, even at half speed. Do remember that a maxed ranger has good defence against all other combat classes while a mage would get blasted by melee in close combat and ranged at any combat.

60s with onyx? Lol. Good one. Try 45's max.

Javelins are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO inaccurate you have no idea. ( the spec )

A maxed mage doesn't get in close combat with a meleer, that is what ice barrage is for.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

1. it's spell effects

ever heard of combos?

I hope your not talking about the ones nerfed by Jagex.

1. you're*

2. I'm talking about hybriding.

3. dang 40 def

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

His stats: 99 hp, 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 prayer

my stats: 98 hp, 87 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 70 prayer

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

3. I know who you are, you are a forum troll uneducated in the ways of pvp trying to get post count. Thanks for the bumps though.

I lol'd at you saying that to Muggi of all people.

[fanboy] Muggi is probably one of the best PVPers on these boards [/fanboy]

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

My Armadyl, Crossbow, and etc. gear back up my claims. If anyone would like to 1 on 1 me, fine. I'll happly go along with it.

Consider it done.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Consider it done.

Still playing dung for the necklace so don't consider this as magic at it's best.

arcane_stew.png

I still maintain that the ONLY reason magic would be superior to ranged is that miasmic spells affect ranged. A maxed ranger in maxed armor versus a maxed mage in maxed armor, the ranger would definitely win, no contest.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Watched the first video and well, looking at the constant good loot, he propably dies quite a bit. As for magic being overpowered, he never purely maged and hybriding really makes sense if you can switch that fast. As for magic being overpowered, i don't think a max mage can easily defeat a max ranger so propably not, though the new max hit of 50+ is scary.

hes in vh he probably dies in clan wars, a maxed tank with a divine who can switch that well is rarely going to die in 1v1.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Muggi has always been a defender of magic... Also, according to him, zuriels > dragon bolts, but, should we at all be comparing zuriels to dragon bolts? If we want any kind of a fair fight the ranger should at least be using onyx bolts and morrigan javelins/throwaxes and what not. Also i'm in serious doubt if a zuriels mage can cast much on a spectral/armadyl ranger while getting blasted by javelin damage, poison and 60s from onyx, even at half speed. Do remember that a maxed ranger has good defence against all other combat classes while a mage would get blasted by melee in close combat and ranged at any combat.

60s with onyx? Lol. Good one. Try 45's max.

Javelins are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO inaccurate you have no idea. ( the spec )

A maxed mage doesn't get in close combat with a meleer, that is what ice barrage is for.

45 max? i hit 45s with diamond, onyx bolt spec hits 60s easily, they are just rarely used. Javelins may be inaccurate on melee armor but they will easily tear trough lesser armor(as you can see on the first video you posted). Ice barrage can be countered by karils which stops most attacks and doesn't hurt melee combat ability, mage doesn't have that luxury.

Also, are you really naive enough to believe mage has the highest dps in pvp? i mean really, have you ever maged? magic attacks are much slower than either range or melee and have much lesser max hits, which adds to the ability of not being able to KO people. Magic may be very accurate, but magic alone will just waste food with an easy solution(range armor) to counter it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Consider it done.

Still playing dung for the necklace so don't consider this as magic at it's best.

*sighs* No Extremes/Overs I assume? Doesn't matter...

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Those are on my to do list after 99 def 92 prayer and the necklace :P

arcane_stew.png

Hehe. Good luck with the Herb... That killed my bank for a while... =p

bc8ebae3b0.png

Hehe. Good luck with the Herb... That killed my bank for a while... =p

Lul

arcane_stew.png

miasmic is also the only pvp thing that can be effectively used

think about it, zuriels staff = 600k for 1 hour of pwning

6 morrigans javs = 600k

vls = 18m,

basicly when it comes to pvp gear mage has the only cheap effective method

a_final_name.png

think about it, zuriels staff = 600k for 1 hour of pwning

You mean for 1 hour of everyone running away and safing against you?

so true.

They even do it if you just have a zuriels top+bottom...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, A maxed ranger will own a maxed mage every time, even if the mage tries to spell stack. Woopity, mages can hit 400+ now, really not a big deal, considering range can hit 700+ and even more with specials. The dps is NEAR what it should be, but it's not OP. So again, stop complaining, and don't say I don't know anything when you clearly don't know who I am.

I love noobs who have no idea what they are talking about. Range can hit 700+? LMFAO! The only weapon that hits that high in range's arsenal is the dark bow, which is also incredibly inaccurate. You obviously have never pvped in your life good sir.

1. Spells can't stack anymore.

2. Range owns mage every time?

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

3. I know who you are, you are a forum troll uneducated in the ways of pvp trying to get post count. Thanks for the bumps though.

Im a forum troll? What are you 12? I spend my Runescape time either pking or monster hunting. It doesn't matter what is used by range to hit 700+, the act that it still does is enough. Also someone else brought up a good point, the fact that rangers can tank against melee. You want to call something OP, look at those level 100's with 99 range and defence.

patr1ckotg1.png

Well atleast now you have some figures on how useful magic with SOL+ABN(not too hard to figure out i hope) can be. Assuming i'd have used ice barrage and not gotten the 2x damage increase it'd be around 22k vs. 35k DPS for the respectful classes. Unusable pots add about an equal amount of combat power over what would be used in pvp.

You forgot to add defence there. Apperently (according to Latin and some other people), the strong point of magic is its accuracy, which plays a large role in pvp.

How does Taco Limey's PK Vid 19 prove that Magic is OP? He got 2, maybe 3 kills with Barrage. All the other were DDS kills, hitting over 40 (400 LP) in one hit from the spec, like the one where he hit over 30 (300LP) through prayer.

Spaz4010.png

Consider it done.

I'd like to watch if thats ok with you/howbadisbad.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

4. Your a little [bleep] looking to get attention. Uneducated in the ways of pvp? trying to get post count? ROFL. Your hilarious. You responding to every little post in this thread is trying to get post count. You saying magic is way more powerful than range and showing us videos where range gets most of the kills is uneducated in pvp. I know who you are. Some wannabe loser lookin for friends. Please gtfo these forums now.

OT: Magic is great especially with Zuriels, but if your just maging in mystic without an arcane in pvp(like most do). Its no real threat. You'll have to be fighting someone very skilled for it to be effective.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

4. Your a little [bleep] looking to get attention. Uneducated in the ways of pvp? trying to get post count? ROFL. Your hilarious. You responding to every little post in this thread is trying to get post count. You saying magic is way more powerful than range and showing us videos where range gets most of the kills is uneducated in pvp. I know who you are. Some wannabe loser lookin for friends. Please gtfo these forums now.

U MAD BRO?

DID I EVER SAY THAT THE VIDEO WAS ALL MAGIC KO'S?

No.

It just shows examples of magic being overpowered in certain clips.

45 max? i hit 45s with diamond, onyx bolt spec hits 60s easily, they are just rarely used. Javelins may be inaccurate on melee armor but they will easily tear trough lesser armor(as you can see on the first video you posted). Ice barrage can be countered by karils which stops most attacks and doesn't hurt melee combat ability, mage doesn't have that luxury.

Also, are you really naive enough to believe mage has the highest dps in pvp? i mean really, have you ever maged? magic attacks are much slower than either range or melee and have much lesser max hits, which adds to the ability of not being able to KO people. Magic may be very accurate, but magic alone will just waste food with an easy solution(range armor) to counter it.

LAWL only dragonbolts hit 60's (if the opponent is an ignorant nub btw) LEARN YOUR BOLTS

I mean that a guy in maxed mage gear is able to do most DPS against a guy ranger/mager (and meleeer obviously) compared to what a meleeer can do against a mager/meleer/ranger. Even against someone in full karil's, mage is still incredibely accurate. Cant say that about a rapier against barrows + dfs.

Im a forum troll? What are you 12? I spend my Runescape time either pking or monster hunting. It doesn't matter what is used by range to hit 700+, the act that it still does is enough. Also someone else brought up a good point, the fact that rangers can tank against melee. You want to call something OP, look at those level 100's with 99 range and defence.

OMFG MAGIC CAN DO THE SAME THING, EXCEPT BETTER, BECAUSE THEY CAN FARCAST/LOWERSTATS/HALVESPEED!

HURR DURR!

arcane_stew.png

I lol'd at you saying that to Muggi of all people.

[fanboy] Muggi is probably one of the best PVPers on these boards [/fanboy]

Wasnt talking to muggi >_>

arcane_stew.png