Magic is overpowered

howbadisbad

Magic can combo and does have ko potential now

Yes, it has KO potential now. Is that a bad thing?

Dbow is a luck thing and dbolts < antifire or dfs

Mage combos are also a luck thing. And yes, d bolts do get owned by antifires, but you always have other options (d bolts may as well be welfare, you cant expect much from it)

O.O

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was my understanding that magic could no longer stack like it used to, i remember there where blitz barrage combos that stacked but nto anymore

someone post a pic of stacked mage and ill say its overpowered

also hand cannon can stack 1120+ damage

a_final_name.png

it was my understanding that magic could no longer stack like it used to, i remember there where blitz barrage combos that stacked but nto anymore

someone post a pic of stacked mage and ill say its overpowered

also hand cannon can stack 1120+ damage

The very slowest and very fastest spell could still stack I from what I heard.. Though the "triple stacks" are impossible. Also they said it could only stack if also the first attack was launched at exactly the right point in time (thus depending a lot on luck)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Spell stacking has been removed for months by now.

Far out, really?

Why the hell are people complaining about mage being overpowered then, it still has very little KO potential because of the removal of spell stacking, with its only redeeming feature being cool effects like freezing.

O.O

Far out, really?

Why the hell are people complaining about mage being overpowered then, it still has very little KO potential because of the removal of spell stacking, with its only redeeming feature being cool effects like freezing.

Yeah spell stacking has been gone for a while I heard too. It would be interesting to see some type of magic KO opportunity. Although they do not have a KO, magic can deal some heavy damage with damage increasers, overtime... :mellow:

Big_Stingman.png

Far out, really?

Yeah spell stacking has been gone for a while I heard too. It would be interesting to see some type of magic KO opportunity. Although they do not have a KO, magic can deal some heavy damage with damage increasers, overtime... :mellow:

yes, mage needs DoT spells and much more variety in effects as well as some form of rune pouch, that would make it balanced.

Also, howbadisbad youve probably disagreed with every decent pker on these forums now, admit it you're wrong.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Far out, really?

yes, mage needs DoT spells and much more variety in effects as well as some form of rune pouch, that would make it balanced.

Also, howbadisbad youve probably disagreed with every decent pker on these forums now, admit it you're wrong.

This. We need DoT spells, outside poison, something like the mor. Jav special attack.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

This. We need DoT spells, outside poison, something like the mor. Jav special attack.

only if it broke cc like dots break fear

imagine entangling someone, tbing them, dotting them up then waiting out of range until its time to re-tangle and dot

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

imagine entangling someone, tbing them, dotting them up then waiting out of range until its time to re-tangle and dot

Well I'm guessing any DoT spells would be either a new ancient spell, or part of a new spellbook.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

ass i see it, there is no "x class is over powered" or "y class is under powered"

all classes are over powered and under powered in some ways, but by how much is what one should talk about.

You make a good point. Just because magic hasn't been giving a KO tool yet, they have things such as freezing opponents. What's the point of having D Claws if you can't even get to your opponent. Yeah they can protect magic, but that only works so much, just as protect melee does versus the claws.

Big_Stingman.png

Well I'm guessing any DoT spells would be either a new ancient spell, or part of a new spellbook.

DoT spells?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

DoT spells?

'damage over time'

like poison on steroids

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

the funny part is if we suggest it to jagex they'll be like MAGIC HAZ POISINS AND MORRIGANS JAVS NOW WE MAKE NEW SPEAR WITH OVER 9000 ATTACK AND STRENGTH BONUSES AND a spec that hits 1000 EVERY TIME 10% OF SPEC BAR!@!#

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

the funny part is if we suggest it to jagex they'll be like MAGIC HAZ POISINS AND MORRIGANS JAVS NOW WE MAKE NEW SPEAR WITH OVER 9000 ATTACK AND STRENGTH BONUSES AND a spec that hits 1000 EVERY TIME 10% OF SPEC BAR!@!#

'each spec consumes 1 set of climbing boots per use'

Rock_Hard.png

In other news: Ghostly Robes now alch for 100k. Now, you may only have 1 set at a time. Suckers, I got 10000 sets yesterday.MMG was here

OT: Magic needs to utilize the special bar better. Before SoL, the special bar did not even appear on staves. The SoL's special was a joke. It increased defense for a short period of time. Unfortunately defense does not give KO potential. Magic needs an AGS equivilant of some sort that allows a spell to deal extra damage.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

In other news: Ghostly Robes now alch for 100k. Now, you may only have 1 set at a time. Suckers, I got 10000 sets yesterday.MMG was here

OT: Magic needs to utilize the special bar better. Before SoL, the special bar did not even appear on staves. The SoL's special was a joke. It increased defense for a short period of time. Unfortunately defense does not give KO potential. Magic needs an AGS equivilant of some sort that allows a spell to deal extra damage.

If magic was given raw KO potential they would have to put it on a spellbook with no binds or else that would just be way too godly.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

If magic was given raw KO potential they would have to put it on a spellbook with no binds or else that would just be way too godly.

That had better come with some defensive spells or armor.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

That had better come with some defensive spells or armor.

Being on that spellbook should get you armor that has the highest melee def then since magic is suposed to > melee

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Being on that spellbook should get you armor that has the highest melee def then since magic is suposed to > melee

Or maybe add some other variable: run speed!

This would allow for kiting, which actually IS the advantage of using ranged skills.. Then kiting naturally becomes better vs melee (yet not so much vs range, if the initial range of the mage is lower than a ranger he doesn't have advantage of his faster run speed)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Or maybe add some other variable: run speed!

This would allow for kiting, which actually IS the advantage of using ranged skills.. Then kiting naturally becomes better vs melee (yet not so much vs range, if the initial range of the mage is lower than a ranger he doesn't have advantage of his faster run speed)

I've always thought run speed would be interesting, and make agility worth it. With resting the stamina boost is worth nothing.

Guide - How To Prepare For (And profit From) Free Trade & the Return of the Wilderness

rune-tips-banner.jpg

2.17B Total Wealth ~ The Original Grand Exchange Merchant