Wimbledon 2010

assassin_696

For all the tennis fans. Anyone watching it this year? Predictions?

I've been watching the Federer/Falla game, can't believe the game Falla has played, very nearly been close to match points against Fed but it looks like Federer's taking the match back in the final set now (although I might eat my words). Federer obviously not on form this game but rooting for him for the rest of the tournament.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I was just about to make this topic myself! What a game to open the tournament and almost one of the biggest shocks in Tennis ever but as usual Federer found his game when he needed it. I'd love to see Rod[bleep] in the final again and maybe with Hewitt (not sure if the draw allows this), not going to happen but I can dream :P I reckon Fish will go far, possibly the quarters or semis :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Yeah I'd like to see Rod[bleep] do well too, he seems like a very nice guy and can play some great tennis (that serve!). And as a Brit I'd obviously like to see Andy Murray do well too, he's the best chance we've had in ages but will he be enough against Federer/Nadal? Not convinced. I also watched Djokovic play at Queen's fairly recently and wasn't too impressed by his form.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Insane game going on at the moment. Mahut vs Isnner. 29 games to 30 in the 5th set.

46-45 right now. How much longer can they go?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That wasn't a tennis match, that was two men serving at each other. I'm surprised it didn't get suspended before it did, either player (most likely Isner) could have quite easily collapsed on court having not eaten properly for 9 hours. If they do manage to play tomorrow, I can't see the match lasting all that long :P

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

They're going at it again in 10 minutes. I'm hoping for a great finish of this classic match, but then again it could be over in 2 games :unsure:

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

It's a shame that it ended. I don't see Isner going very far, he must be knackered. Although, saying that, Mahut is playing a doubles match at the moment. Crazy guy. :smile:

keen.png

Nadal vs. Berdych tomorrow.

Should be a really interesting final, especially if Berdych plays as well as he has in the past few rounds. But knowing Nadal it will be a complete walkover .

keen.png