What to do...?

Wisky_is_Goo

I recently bought claws with almost all my liquid GP, im not thrilled with them, but they're okay. i have like a 3m cashpile not counting MTK, i have barrows armor, whip, defender, food, etc. I do slayer for combat xp, 86 all melees, 81 range/mage...

74 summ

70 Herb 14m to 75... super attacks

72 Pray 7m to 75... d bones on altar

Should i sell the claws and spend the $ on pray? Herb? if so, would it even be worth it because i dont think that 30m would get me that high in either skill, then id be broke...

Should I just buy slayer equipment like DFS, BSS, or keep the claws?

I am also trying for 80+ all skills, so would my 72 crafting also be an option ?

wisky_is_goo.png

Keep em. Save for a fury, berskerer ring, and z spear if you don't have them already, but don't bother selling claws. If you're training slayer the money will come in eventually. DFS/BSS aren't good for slayer; the money for a DFS would be better spend moving towards 85 herblore. As for what to buy with spare cash, I would work on 92 prayer, 85 herblore, 89 herblore, 95 prayer, in that order. I can not stress enough how great soulsplit is for slayer.

quit

If you're short on cash you could always spend some coins on herb seeds and farm herbs - either for profit or for your own use. This will safe a lot of costs. :thumbsup:

As for having claws... I would say they're a nice toy if you pk. Aside from the spec they aren't that good, but they have their use.

A dfs could be desirable, others prefer using sgs (which would be the slayer's gs).

Personally I would prefer sgs or a whip with dfs over having claws for slayer.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Dfs, SGS are useless. Claws are overrated for slayer, I 2-3 hit most monsters already.

Sell the claws and buy some skills, or save up for 95 pray/92 herb.

They weren't over rated before you had a rapier :P

But I agree skills are better then claws.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Dfs, SGS are useless. Claws are overrated for slayer, I 2-3 hit most monsters already.

That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. ;)

I personally find both SGS and whip+dfs quite effective in slayer, especially for those tasks that a little defence is required. The SGS isn't called the slayer's gs for nothing. :P

Of course whip + defender is most effective also - as said, it is a matter of preference, and can depend on the tasks.

As far as advice goes, the cheaper solution would be whip + defender. As stated any of the mentioned combinations would be preferred over having dragon claws for slayer (unless you only use them to spec, in which case you could keep them).

Perhaps you'd like to try it out and see which works best for you as this obviously differs per person. :P

For herblore and additional money farming will definetly work well for you, of that I think most people will agree on that one at least, as it is quick coins.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

That, my friend, is a matter of opinion. ;)

I personally find both SGS and whip+dfs quite effective in slayer, especially for those tasks that a little defence is required. The SGS isn't called the slayer's gs for nothing. :P

Of course whip + defender is most effective also - as said, it is a matter of preference, and can depend on the tasks.

As far as advice goes, the cheaper solution would be whip + defender. As stated any of the mentioned combinations would be preferred over having dragon claws for slayer (unless you only use them to spec, in which case you could keep them).

Perhaps you'd like to try it out and see which works best for you as this obviously differs per person. :P

For herblore and additional money farming will definetly work well for you, of that I think most people will agree on that one at least, as it is quick coins.

Wll to be honest, it's the slayers godsword just until the moment you reach 68-88 summoning/92 prayer, at which point it becomes the s... godsword. Dfs is only really useful for wyverns when you are doing slayer, since the added defence is much less nessesary than the added offencive bonuses by defender where you would need it(blues, irons, steels, miths).

HOWEVER, i don't agree that claws are overrated, even if you have all the offencive bonuses and a chaoic rapier, which i do. Assuming you bring along some spec att restores they can speed up your slayer task by around 5%(which is alot already considering ovls/turm/max offencive).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

definetly do not get a dfs for slayer with 80+ defense and 68+ summoning you wont need to eat anyway. I agree with moocky, but prioritize 88 summoning above 92 prayer and 96 above 89 herblore

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Dragon Claws are the best spec weapon for slaying. Their special attack allows you to kill much faster, reducing the damage you take and the amount food/scrolls/potions you will consume. You don't need Spec Restore potions for this to happen, but they don't hurt the outcome.

Claws are also cheaper, allowing you gp that can be used elsewhere. SGS is useful if you do boss hunting. But again, claws are usually better. Few places this isn't true are like if maging rex. And umm, idk where else.

DFS is only useful at a few places, even fewer if you have a high herblore level. If you melee dragon/wyvern tasks its great there. If you have Super Anti-Fire potions then you don't need a DFS on dragon tasks. One other task are Living Rock Creatures. They have such low defense that you don't need the help of a rune defender, but they still can hit pretty hard so the DFS usually helps.

@OP: Items are nice to have, but levels will always be with you. Herblore doesn't really help until 85 for the aforementioned Super Anti-fire potions. Prayer will always be great to get up. Not only do you unlock new prayers/curses, but it lasts longer and you get more points back from potions. Summoning is also great to get up. Most people suggest that you go straight for 88, for the Unicorn Stallion, but I went to 79 before getting 88. Summoning is a lot like prayer in that it lasts longer and you can get more points back from potions.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

The only place Dragonfire Shield really trumps all other shields are Skeletal Wyverns, where even Super Antifire potions can't be used. Even then it's not really needed as it's already fast and effective with cannon, turmoil and extremes. Dragonfire Shield is simply a luxury and you're better off suited with your melee weapon (Chaotic Rapier/Whip) paired with a defender. I'd only buy Dragon Claws to speed up kills when you're able to buy 95 prayer in one go, otherwise it really does speed up your kills per hour and subsequently, your overall exp/hour.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

The solution to your question is simple: Sell your Dragon claws, and use either a Ddp++ or Enhanced excalibur for your special attack weapon. The claws have a good special, but so does the Ddp++ at a fraction of the cost. Use your money on Herblore, Summoning, and Prayer. These skills are incredibly useful for Slayer.

Sir_Ddude.gif

The only way you should buy a DFS for Slayer is if you have a really big cashpile and it won't make much of a dent in it. Don't break your bank buying gear because you're going to make it back quick enough. Buy gear with your profits.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Dont buy herb or pray. 75 doesnt bring any real benefits.

Definitely sell claws for a DFS.

Claws are potentially useless except for pvp.

With only 86 def, you're better off with the extra def than you are the extra attack from the rune defender.

Why the hell would he get rid of THE best spec weapon for slayer to get a BAD shield for slayer.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Also, this can be closed for my purposes, ive decided to sell the claws when they go back up a bit, theyre down like over 1m in the last 2 days. :/

If you all want to continue to debate, go for it, i will be checking this thread as well.

wisky_is_goo.png

Dont buy herb or pray. 75 doesnt bring any real benefits.

yeah, but 75 is the stepping stone to 80, then 85 etc...

Then get 85 when you got the money for it. The whole stepping stone thing just gives you less money atm, so youd ultimately get less money since you have less money to use to make more.

I dont merch or do anything like that so i dont need collateral for anything.

STILL, then, don't jump the gun and buy 75 now. Even if you don't merch, look at the prices and buy it when prices are optimal. You're in no rush since you don't have the money for 85, so why get it right now?

Plus, extra money isn't just for merchanting. It lets you buy bigger and better supplies that ultimately net you more money (especially if it's equipment you can sell back).

I dont merch or do anything like that so i dont need collateral for anything.

STILL, then, don't jump the gun and buy 75 now. Even if you don't merch, look at the prices and buy it when prices are optimal. You're in no rush since you don't have the money for 85, so why get it right now?

Good point, thanks for the advice.

wisky_is_goo.png