Ronaldinho - Euro Footballer of the Year 2005

Phil

Yep Ronaldinho has got the award for european footballer of the year today. I pretty much thought that he would get it again. It's well deserved.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4475808.stm

Lampard came 2nd and Gerrard came 3rd. I actually thought Henry would have been higher than that.Actually pretty good to see a few people who play in England in that list there.

Here is the final list of players

• 1. Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

2. Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

3. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

4. Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

5. Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan)

6. Paolo Maldini (AC Milan)

7. Adriano (Inter Milan)

8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus)

9. Kaka (AC Milan)

10. Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona)

r19yc.gifr22dw.gifr32kq.gifd171653ada0qe.gif

sig2ho7.jpg

Here is the final list of players

• 1. Ronaldinho (Barcelona)

2. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

3. Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

4. Thierry Henry (Arsenal)

5. Andriy Shevchenko (AC Milan)

6. Paolo Maldini (AC Milan)

7. Adriano (Inter Milan)

8. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus)

9. Kaka (AC Milan)

10. Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona)

Muuuuch better.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Ronaldinho don't win European of footballer of the year for two times in a row. Last year was Andrei Shevchenko. But Gratz to Ronaldinho. :)

But I'm happy to see two english players in top three. Also I heard about John Terry and Samuel Eto'o are tie for #10.

I don't much like soccer, and I don't have a clue who any of those guys are... but I do like those gifs. Looks like he freakin knows what he's doing :shock: .

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

Lol! Maldini is nearing his 103rd birthday and he's still making the top 10, what a legend he is.

Though saying that, Adriano should have been on top of Gerrard and Lampard, he blitzes every game he plays.

3/10 AC Milan players 8)

Definiately not my first choice, but I suppose he's earned it either way...

Ronaldinho don't win European of footballer of the year for two times in a row. Last year was Andrei Shevchenko.

Yeah I got mixed up with world player of the year last year :P

Glad someone noticed.

while we are on the subject of Ronaldinho here is a video of him vs Zidane :wink: Brilliant stuff.

http://rapidshare.de/files/1000910/Zida ... o.wmv.html

sig2ho7.jpg

Lol! Maldini is nearing his 103rd birthday and he's still making the top 10, what a legend he is.
I'm sorry, did I just read a 102 year old is not only playing football, but is making the top 10. The only thing you can say about that is...wow.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

I'm sorry, did I just read a 102 year old is not only playing football, but is making the top 10. The only thing you can say about that is...wow.

37... 103... what's the difference these days? :P

True legend.

sig2ho7.jpg

r19yc.gif

i remember when i saw that live, it was simply incredible, the chelsea fans literally didn't moan, and instead clapped as if to say "how can you stop that?"

best goal ive ever seen

I also remember it when I watched it that live in Champion League Knockout round two (match leg 2) last February. Great match. :P

Another interesting thing about Frank and Steven. Both men sound like rival.

Yeah he really does deserve it. He is easily the best player at the moment & its scary to say but he's getting better!

I watched the last 2 Barca games (vs. Real Madrid & Racing Santander) and he was amazing in both, he scored 2 great solo goals against Madrid & a penalty against Santander(missed the other :P ). I think when he retires he might be remembered as one of the greatest ever.

To be honest I cant see anyone being able to stop Barca this year. Their attacking play is the best Ive seen from any club side. I mean besides Ronaldinho they have; Eto'o(top class striker), Messi(Tipped to be 'the new Maradona'),Xavi(top midfielder),Deco(good playmaker),Guily(good playmaker) etc. etc.

I cant see a single defence in the world keeping them from scoring this year. I mean in La Liga they've scored at least 3 goals in every one of their last 5 or 6 matches. They're definatly my bet for the champions league this year.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Can't argue with the top two, but Gerrard third? There's no doubting he's a great player, but I didn't think he had that good a year. And although I hate Chelsea so much it hurts, I was suprised only Lampard made the list, as they did thrash everyone last year. Terry and Cech should have definately been on it.

Can't argue with the top two, but Gerrard third? There's no doubting he's a great player, but I didn't think he had that good a year. And although I hate Chelsea so much it hurts, I was suprised only Lampard made the list, as they did thrash everyone last year. Terry and Cech should have definately been on it.

For single handedly dragging the 5th best team in England to the European Cup...I think that counts for something :P

Terry, for the record, came 11th.

Ronaldhino is one of the best players in the world.

He plays fair, awesome style and always optimistic.

That's a lot better then some others, who pretend to be the best but are in fact just 13 in a dozen.

~Gamerr

signature4s.jpg

For single handedly dragging the 5th best team in England to the European Cup...I think that counts for something :P

Terry, for the record, came 11th.

Terry and Eto'o are tie for #10. Same votes. I was told about it from television.

One of the most deserving recently.

And good to see English players up there. :shock:

Hopefully Rooney will help us out soon in that department, if he can keep it together and let his talent show.

And Maldini isn't really 103, it was a sarcastic exaggeration, because he's so old compared to others that play in his league, and he's the best around really.

manipofsarahs1gg5.png

http://agylen.com.nyud.net:8090/wp-content/nikefootball_ronaldinho_high.mov

oh. my. god.

(yes it may have been faked, but it sure doesn't look like it)

Yeah fake. It would be amazing if he could do that once. But 4 times? Never :P

I'm more impressed with the keepie uppies he's doing :)

sig2ho7.jpg

Heh, he's such a great player. He deserved to win the competition. Too bad there isn't a Dutchy in there. :( That goal of Ronaldinho in the Barcalona vs. Chelsea match in the Championsleage was amazing!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Paolo Maldini 6th.... must be some kind of joke, he used to be the best, buy just isnt anymore, should be terry, and thats not just me being biased, i honestly just believe terry had an incredible last season.

also just a quiuck thing to point out i feel a slight injustice, henry is proven in the premierleague, which is the toughest league in the world, ronaldhino, as sure as he is incredibly good, does play against poor spanish defences week in week out, just a thought, no way is ronaldhino that much greater than henry as the votes suggested

and the bar and back 4 times, with enough takes, i certainly wouldnt put it past him :o

also just a quiuck thing to point out i feel a slight injustice, henry is proven in the premierleague, which is the toughest league in the world, ronaldhino, as sure as he is incredibly good, does play against poor spanish defences week in week out, just a thought, no way is ronaldhino that much greater than henry as the votes suggested

I think that he has proven against Chelsea that he can score against English clubs.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!