Icelander's Campaign a Joke, Until He's Elected

Intriguing

I'm a tad late in posting this as it happened three days ago, but it's one of the funniest political events I've heard of in a while.

“No one has to be afraid of the Best Party,” he said, “because it is the best party. If it wasn’t, it would be called the Worst Party or the Bad Party. We would never work with a party like that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/world/europe/26iceland.html

Edit: Also relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxBW4mPzv6E

Cool.

lol. this is what happens when your government is totally inept. reminds me of when i heard the Governator got elected.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I would hardly call the Icelandic government inept. Iceland is the 13th best-performing nation on the Failed States Index (in comparison to the USA being 20th), they're 3rd on the Human Development Index, and they have rthe 14th highest GDP per capita. You need to have an effective government to get a country to that state. They just didn't respond very well to the global financial crisis is all.

Cool.

I just hope they lead the country well.

Or rather, the city. But you could almost say the country since 2/3 of the country lives in the area.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Brilliant. Hopefully the traditional view of who should be in politics continues to crumble.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Read this earlier, Iceland going even more down the drain :thumbup:

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Just like Schwarzenegger (He's been my governor), sometime the most apt politicians come from a different business. Can't judge them on past occupation, when they haven't had opportunities to show their political prowess yet. the people trust and believe, which is usually an indicator that it can either go very well, or very bad.

I'm from Iceland and it's so sad that we lost him into politics. :( He was by far the funniest man you could find in Iceland.

But he will probably do better than our 5-6 previous mayors or so.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid