Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elitist Jerks: Why we DON'T want YOU

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
Elitism. Everywhere in Runescape, elitism occurs. Speaking from a point of view of someone who generally has the upper hand in the 130+ bracket, I've complied a few reasons why, unlike most people(who, by the way happen to be lower leveled), think is wrong.

1. Experience. We've all heard that levels don't mean anything, and that intellect>combat levels. While I agree this is true, I don't see why someone can't be both high leveled and experienced. Pick two people off the streets of Runescape. One level 138 and one level 50. Ask them to explain to you how something like lootshare, the GE, or farming circuits work. Ask them which potion boosts herblore in Dungoneering. You'll find that most of the time a higher leveled person has much more intellect and is actually legally playing.
2. Its not right. I think this mainly comes from the illegal community of people under 13. After that I would think you would have realized that life isn't fair.
3. Private Chat: Friends. I don't want someone PMing me about how they need money, or a question they are too lazy to look up. I am the most lazy person in existence. If you won't look it up I won't answer.

Noobs can gtfo now, because I just ran out of prayer potions so I'm going to pay attention to the actual game.

There we go. My rant is done, so bring on the flame. Slayer is boring.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
?????
O.O

Owned_Nex
[ Display Name History ]

Owned_Nex

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,098 posts
Spam?

I was bored. I wanted to cry. I didn't want to cut my wrists.

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.
I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.
PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.
My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)
Your title made me think you were going to rant about elitist high level players, but you ranted about noobs.

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Well, your rants are a little contradictory.

"We dont want elitists"

"Noobs gtfo"

HMMMMMMMMMM
O.O

Thisbenathan
[ Display Name History ]

Thisbenathan

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Thisbenathan
  • Clan:Downfall
i don't really understand what you're ranting about exactly. but uh... i agree?...

Posted Image

Downfall since day 1.

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

Elitism. Everywhere in Runescape, elitism occurs. Speaking from a point of view of someone who generally has the upper hand in the 130+ bracket, I've complied a few reasons why, unlike most people(who, by the way happen to be lower leveled), think is wrong.

Lurn Enlisch. It arent taht herd.

1. Experience. We've all heard that levels don't mean anything, and that intellect>combat levels. While I agree this is true, I don't see why someone can't be both high leveled and experienced. Pick two people off the streets of Runescape. One level 138 and one level 50. Ask them to explain to you how something like lootshare, the GE, or farming circuits work. Ask them which potion boosts herblore in Dungoneering. You'll find that most of the time a higher leveled person has much more intellect and is actually legally playing.

Intelligence has nothing to do with how much information you know about a video game. Intelligence focuses around being able to take information, work with it, and learn from your experiences. Any half-wit with a few hours on his hands could learn what all the potions in Dungeoneering do. You can't take a low leveled person who has neither the time invested nor the levels required to perform a feat, and somehow judge his overall intelligence over a random factoid from a video game.

Also: Age =/= Level. Just because someone is low level doesn't make them a kid. As it turns out, everyone starts out as a low level, and some people don't have the time to get to high levels quickly.

And going off of that intellect bit, intelligence allows you to do things such as, you know, making an OP without sounding like a moron.

2. Its not right. I think this mainly comes from the illegal community of people under 13. After that I would think you would have realized that life isn't fair.

Well it makes sense. Using nonexistent evidence to back up a nonexistent point (literally).

3. Private Chat: Friends. I don't want someone PMing me about how they need money, or a question they are too lazy to look up. I am the most lazy person in existence. If you won't look it up I won't answer.

I agree. Stop PMing, and by PMing, I mean posting on these forums.

Noobs can gtfo now, because I just ran out of prayer potions so I'm going to pay attention to the actual game.

Posted Image troll.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom
Omali <3:
PM me for fitocracy invite

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RSN:Stringcheze

?????

Kalafai
[ Display Name History ]

Kalafai

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • RSN:Time Kitten
  • RSN2:Kalafai
Erm... yeah, so before you title your thread "Elitist Jerks" Helps to make sure you aren't making elitist rants, yeah?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Am I the only one who got the title?

Elitist Jerks: - this means they are speaking

Elitist Jerks: Why We dont want you.

This is from the elitist jerks point of view on why they dislike noobs.

Therefor the title made perfect sense (at least to me)

But on topic...

I agree that some people you need to avoid like the plague but this topic is pointless. Weve all dealed with these morons, ive dealed with 10 year olds and 30 year olds throughout my years of gaming. Age alone doesnt determine whether someone will be a jackass.

Also experience doesnt either, for example look at me, mostly lvl 70 skills yet im not different from someone with all 90's i just played less then they did. Yet elitist jerks (morons) think their better then me. Thats the fatal flaw with elitist jerks logic, your not better then people because your levels are higher. Your average level 80 is as smart (intelligence and game wise) as your average 130. They just havnt clicked the same monster or same object 100k times yet.

But on that topic, you clicking 100k more times on the same item does not make you any smarter then me btw. It probably makes you fatter then me, and less social then me though. Who knows it might even make you dumber then me as well.

Im also older then a lot of people higher leveled the me, so therefor your argument is completely flawed

Nomrombom
[ Display Name History ]

Nomrombom

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,736 posts
  • RSN:Nomrombom

level 138 player ------------- 10 year old or something

Lulzmao?

And for the record: Slayer is and will always be, the BEST skill ever.

Opinion.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
How is slayer even relevant to the topic at hand?
O.O

Saunamajuri
[ Display Name History ]

Saunamajuri

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • RSN:Saunamajuri
  • RSN2:Logigalize
  • Clan:Nobody tells me what "Clan" is :(

How is slayer even relevant to the topic at hand?

See, when you add that magic phrase "for the record", everything will be relevant no matter what the topic is about.

But really, the OP mentioned that slayer is boring on his last sentence.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
Oright.

Slayer is boring.

Its like grinding, only the monsters change shape every now and then.
O.O

pulli23
[ Display Name History ]

pulli23

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,601 posts

ELITISM IS ASOCIAL! simple as that, we should strive to be a social being and not act this bad! I'm sick of you elitism people who really really are no lifing -dare I say it- noobs who think they know everything..

Yet have you played since runescape classic? - Do you know [garden tool] the actual prayer system works -and spend countless of hours verifying that this was correct, have you figured out as first person how to beat the gluttonous behemot? - Have you experience with the old pkers trying to kill you while doing abbys runs to get rc 91? Have you experience with castle wars and own a silver set for years? Have you (in the past) helped building scripts to find the best PC worlds? Do you own every barbarian assault item? Have you ever discovered new big dungeons & quests without any guide available anywhere? Have you taken the time to finish difficult riddles, without help of sites like tip.it - and actually providing tip.it with the information you retrieved?

I don't think so, and yes above was something I did do... You probably are a new "az-produkt" only doing something as simple -though admittedly effecient- as possible. Something a simple robot could do equally good, if not better. What did those levels bring you in real experience? And evenso: as I shown in the above combat is only a very small part of runescape's experience, yet you're completely biased towards this..
I don't blame you, I blame the last 2 years of updating all depending -and giving- combat experience.. Ever since the wilderness was removed the majority of the updates were based on combat. This wouldn't be bad, if this stupid "elite" wouldn't force their way on others so much if they want to skill. (dungeoneering a prime example).

First they came to fishing
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews
and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores
and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

ELITISM IS ASOCIAL! simple as that, we should strive to be a social being and not act this bad! I'm sick of you elitism people who really really are no lifing -dare I say it- noobs who think they know everything..

Yet have you played since runescape classic? - Do you know [garden tool] the actual prayer system works -and spend countless of hours verifying that this was correct, have you figured out as first person how to beat the gluttonous behemot? - Have you experience with the old pkers trying to kill you while doing abbys runs to get rc 91? Have you experience with castle wars and own a silver set for years? Have you (in the past) helped building scripts to find the best PC worlds? Do you own every barbarian assault item? Have you ever discovered new big dungeons & quests without any guide available anywhere? Have you taken the time to finish difficult riddles, without help of sites like tip.it - and actually providing tip.it with the information you retrieved?

I don't think so, and yes above was something I did do... You probably are a new "az-produkt" only doing something as simple -though admittedly effecient- as possible. Something a simple robot could do equally good, if not better. What did those levels bring you in real experience? And evenso: as I shown in the above combat is only a very small part of runescape's experience, yet you're completely biased towards this..
I don't blame you, I blame the last 2 years of updating all depending -and giving- combat experience.. Ever since the wilderness was removed the majority of the updates were based on combat. This wouldn't be bad, if this stupid "elite" wouldn't force their way on others so much if they want to skill. (dungeoneering a prime example).

Elitism outside of Dungeoneering is pointless and arrogant.

[/thread]

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts

[/thread]

So if you were lvl 138, would you let a lvl 102 into your bandos team?

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

[/thread]

So if you were lvl 138, would you let a lvl 102 into your bandos team?

lol a 138 teaming on bandos.

Edit: but point is valid. If I was 138 and killing corp beast i would want 1-3 other 138s to help me instead of 4-6 110's

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Ok, would you take a lvl 102 too poor to afford zspear to corp with you and your 5 man team?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users