The humble cave slime...

Synthox

I'm going to lock this thread if some of you don't stop flaming and trolling. Seriously. If it continues I'll remove ALL the trolling/flaming posts which would unfortunately leave this thread with about one page of posts. I'd rather not, so I'm asking you lot to stop it now.

JUST because you prefer to use faster/quicker/high level moneymaking methods, doesn't mean that there aren't any out there. Everyone knows that there are better ways to get money than Cave Slimes, however the OP's point was that these seemingly worthless creatures are actually a viable source of income. Maybe not really high-level income methods, but not everyone wants to do super-fast-elite methods. The OP was just making a valid observation.

Is trolling now against the rules?

I lol'd.

I sure hope not, otherwise there would be bans happening left and right.

Um...

I'm pretty sure trolling was always against the rules.

It's like a ticket, you get it, but almost no one (in boston at least) pays them.

Any way, I have my wasted 20 min for you. Looks like I know luck when I see it. Its true, 1 test is worthless. But i do believe that this, together with your finished one (four 20 tests) will be conclusive:

p><p>What

Using my evidence I would make about 135k per hour killing men, only a little more than half of what morningrise said.

Face it people, you're not going to make bils with cave slime fleshes or men. 120k is only 15k less than 135k.

Now, I'm going to kill cave slime for 20 minutes. Feel free to join me and post your results.

I am fairly sure that i will get more money in swamp tar than i did in the entire 20 min of men.

Happy hunting, or popping...or whatever you do to cave slime.

Warriormonkx was right. I was only surprised that cave slime were worth something, and that next time you got cave slime as a slayer task you wouldn't be so dissapointed. I can't believe I have to fight this this hard, but i will.

Dammit, i did it again. See the one below tthis, i actually has the image

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to lock this thread if some of you don't stop flaming and trolling. Seriously. If it continues I'll remove ALL the trolling/flaming posts which would unfortunately leave this thread with about one page of posts. I'd rather not, so I'm asking you lot to stop it now.

JUST because you prefer to use faster/quicker/high level moneymaking methods, doesn't mean that there aren't any out there. Everyone knows that there are better ways to get money than Cave Slimes, however the OP's point was that these seemingly worthless creatures are actually a viable source of income. Maybe not really high-level income methods, but not everyone wants to do super-fast-elite methods. The OP was just making a valid observation.

I lol'd.

Um...

It's like a ticket, you get it, but almost no one (in boston at least) pays them.

Any way, I have my wasted 20 min for you. Looks like I know luck when I see it. Its true, 1 test is worthless. But i do believe that this, together with your finished one (four 20 tests) will be conclusive:

proofthatcaveslimeisbet.jpg

What's that in the air? Is it...a dry run? or maybe the smell of extreme luck wafting off of your test lol?

Using my evidence I would make about 135k per hour killing men, only a little more than half of what you said.

Face it people, you're not going to make bils with cave slime fleshes or men. 120k is only 15k less than 135k.

Now, I'm going to kill cave slime for 20 minutes. Feel free to join me and post your results.

I am fairly sure that i will get more money in swamp tar than i did in the entire 20 min of men.

Warriormonkx was right. I was only surprised that cave slime were worth something, and that next time you got cave slime as a slayer task you wouldn't be so dissapointed. I can't believe I have to fight this this hard, but i will.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

I lol'd.

Um...

p><p>What

Using my evidence I would make about 135k per hour killing men, only a little more than half of what morningrise said.

Ok, theres just so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start, but I'll give it a shot.

First off, I can't see your pic, you should really learn how those work. EDIT: It's working now, but it just raises further problems. Did you see the loot I picked up? See how it differs from your loot? I didn't take the absolute garbage that wastes space and makes for unnecessary bank trips. If you just take bones and herbs you can keep killing them at a faster rate. Also, my guess is that you killed one man, waited for the loot to spawn, picked it up, moved on to the next, and repeated. Am I close? Because for efficient killing you just go through slaughtering the men and pick up the loot as you run past it on your way to the next man.

Second, I didn't do four 20 minute tests, I did the first 20 minutes, got bored, then came back and finished of the last 40 minutes of the hour.

Third, you don't know luck when you see it, because had the first 20 minutes been luck like you said, how would I have continued to keep said rate of profit and even get more? Luck doesn't work like that. What happened was consistent data.

Fourth, you are the ONLY person in this thread that says men aren't that much money, and you only have tested it for 20 minutes. See something wrong with that? That's like me going to cave slimes, killing them for 1 minute, getting 1k in loot, and here by deciding your testing is worthless, (even though you'd have done more extensive testing than myself) they are only 60k an hour. Do you see how that wouldn't make sense? Because thats exactly how your test on men looks.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I honestly think this thread should be locked.

It's turned from a lower level player making a Harmless suggestion because he thought it was decent (and I would really find it hard to believe if everyone here didn't at some point in the RS life think that making 200k+ an hour was amazing), into a full out "argue with the low levels because we're knowledgeable"

Lay of the guy seriously...for more experienced players, yes, there are MANY MANY better methods, but we were all the same point this guy was thinking making a few hundred K was awesome. Don't flame someone just because they're in that current time in their RS time and you're not anymore.

I agree entirely. Not only do I agree once again this is a prime example of how the tip.it community has gone down hill. Now I haven't exactly been a frequent poster. But I lurk the hell out of this site. And this is one of the more ugly threads with the trolls comments and flames of frequent tip.it members. Now this guy who started the topic isn't exactly a new poster but he hasn't been here long and I wouldn't blame him if he didn't come back to this site. Yes he posted a money making method. Is it the best one in runescape? No. Is it good for a lower level. Yes. And whoever started the thing with killing men is better money probably got very lucky with that sarcastic guess to put the OP down. And the xp for killing men is so many times worse than killing the cave slime so you get 3k xp an hour max?

I lol'd.

Um...

p><p>What

Ok, theres just so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start, but I'll give it a shot.

First off, I can't see your pic, you should really learn how those work. EDIT: It's working now, but it just raises further problems. Did you see the loot I picked up? See how it differs from your loot? I didn't take the absolute garbage that wastes space and makes for unnecessary bank trips. If you just take bones and herbs you can keep killing them at a faster rate. Also, my guess is that you killed one man, waited for the loot to spawn, picked it up, moved on to the next, and repeated. Am I close? Because for efficient killing you just go through slaughtering the men and pick up the loot as you run past it on your way to the next man.

Second, I didn't do four 20 minute tests, I did the first 20 minutes, got bored, then came back and finished of the last 40 minutes of the hour.

Third, you don't know luck when you see it, because had the first 20 minutes been luck like you said, how would I have continued to keep said rate of profit and even get more? Luck doesn't work like that. What happened was consistent data.

Fourth, you are the ONLY person in this thread that says men aren't that much money, and you only have tested it for 20 minutes. See something wrong with that? That's like me going to cave slimes, killing them for 1 minute, getting 1k in loot, and here by deciding your testing is worthless, (even though you'd have done more extensive testing than myself) they are only 60k an hour. Do you see how that wouldn't make sense? Because thats exactly how your test on men looks.

Yes, it is. I understand that. I killed 90ish men. Using your method i might have killed 40 more. Still, that would have come to what, 60k? The majority of my drops were coins and stackable items. And don't forget that i only have 38 str (yeah, str fail i know) and i was training def at the time so i just meleed them. With range i would be able to kill almost double what i did. But it still would not have come to 340k.

But you and everyone else is missing the point so badly it hurts. It"s like watch 5 (or 50ish) drunk guys play pin the tail on the donkey. You all are still missing the point. Cave slime is just something different, something unusual that i discovered as a viable money source. You could say that green drags were better money here and it would do the same thing, completely steer this thread off topic.

Oh yeah, did you actually kill any cave slime before you made blunt assumptions? morningrise, did you? No. I could go into the senate, yell some crap about someone, give false reasons, and leave. That is what you are doing. Neither of you have ever done cave slime. Either that or you are just a flamer and i should ignore you. (lol i said you should do cave slime like a drug, didn't i.)

Tbh, i was killing cave slime for a combination of money and xp, just like anyone my level killing flesh crawlers.

Oh yeah, there is something called luck multiple times in a row. I thought the first 20 was luck. Then you showed me the rest, wow. That is a combination of skill and luck.

You must spent your free time in runscape dreaming up ways to flame people for their harmless opinions and ways to kill men faster.

Have fun being an axe murderer!

Bionic_Yoshi.png

Based on your testing at men, we don't have to go the full 60 minutes to figure out how much we can get an hour at the other person's idea of better money.

Here's my findings on 1 minute at slimes:

sdd.png

Based on my calculations that 63600 gp an hour there, roughly half of what you claim. They're even worse than I thought. Looks like you just got really lucky. Trust me, I know luck when I see it. :shades:

See how that doesn't work? You think it might be far better of an example if I actually spent a whole hour there? Well you couldn't spend an hour at men, so I won't spend an hour at slimes for you. Based on my findings, you were just extremely lucky, and slimes are merely 63.6k an hour. Trust me, I did the test, there for I can dispute all of your tests and they now mean nothing. :rolleyes:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Is it good for a lower level. Yes. And whoever started the thing with killing men is better money probably got very lucky with that sarcastic guess to put the OP down. And the xp for killing men is so many times worse than killing the cave slime so you get 3k xp an hour max?

Actually no, it wasn't a sarcastic guess. Men have been killed for herb drops since RSC, since the bar near Seers and the barn in Edgeville have always been real close to banks (Edgeville being better seeing as how its closer)

And the truth is killing cave slimes is a real mediocre money making idea compared to men, that is why people are replying like they are.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

lmfao @ my_eggs

Anyways, yes i remember cave slimes being on the thread of misunderstood monsters as well, they aren't the best, but there is absolutely no need for you to go to the measures you did to prove that men are better, because im the OTHER guy who thinks they suck

what up

I lol'd.

Um...

p><p>What

Yes, it is. I understand that. I killed 90ish men. Using your method i might have killed 40 more. Still, that would have come to what, 60k? The majority of my drops were coins and stackable items. And don't forget that i only have 38 str (yeah, str fail i know) and i was training def at the time so i just meleed them. With range i would be able to kill almost double what i did. But it still would not have come to 340k.

But you and everyone else is missing the point so badly it hurts. It"s like watch 5 (or 50ish) drunk guys play pin the tail on the donkey. You all are still missing the point. Cave slime is just something different, something unusual that i discovered as a viable money source. You could say that green drags were better money here and it would do the same thing, completely steer this thread off topic.

Oh yeah, did you actually kill any cave slime before you made blunt assumptions? morningrise, did you? No. I could go into the senate, yell some crap about someone, give false reasons, and leave. That is what you are doing. Neither of you have ever done cave slime. Either that or you are just a flamer and i should ignore you. (lol i said you should do cave slime like a drug, didn't i.)

Oh yeah, there is something called luck multiple times in a row. I thought the first 20 was luck. The you showed me the rest, wow. That is a combination of skill and luck.

You must spent your free time in runscape dreaming up ways to flame people for their harmless opinions and ways to kill men faster.

Have fun being an axe murderer!

This has been my whole problem with the thread since the start. You seem to think you discovered that these things are good and that you're letting everyone know about them. There's been a guide in the General Guides section for months now talking about these. I'm surprised a mod didn't lock this right away and tell you it's already been discussed elsewhere and you should post about how much you love them there.

Edit: Oh gawd, just read the axe murderer comment. You're even dumber than I thought. I had no idea I was dealing with one of the people who tries to link video game violence with real life violence. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Edit2: At the multiple luck thing.... Riiiiiight, I just happened to say men are 250k an hour, then go kill them and hit some huge luck streak to prove myself right. Chances of that happening? Slim to none. Chances that everyone in here who is agreeing that men are 250k+ an hour are right and you, the only one arguing against it is wrong. Pretty damn good.

Based on your testing at men, we don't have to go the full 60 minutes to figure out how much we can get an hour at the other person's idea of better money.

sdd.png

Based on my calculations that 63600 gp an hour there, roughly half of what you claim. They're even worse than I thought. Looks like you just got really lucky. Trust me, I know luck when I see it. :shades:

See how that doesn't work? You think it might be far better of an example if I actually spent a whole hour there? Well you couldn't spend an hour at men, so I won't spend an hour at slimes for you. Based on my findings, you were just extremely lucky, and slimes are merely 63.6k an hour. Trust me, I did the test, there for I can dispute all of your tests and they now mean nothing. :rolleyes:

How about you do 20 min like i did? Then maybe we can settle this.

Don't forget that currently I'm training def, melee is my worst stats. So i will get less kills than you in everything.

Cave slime was a harmless suggestion. I compared them to flesh crawlers.

Yes, there is a guide on cave slime already, i did not know about this. I stumbled on cave slime without any help.

But come on, you and all these other people seem to know way to much about the fastest way to kill men.

That does make you a murderer, doesn't it?

Guess what?

Green drags are better money

Abbysal demons are better money

All monster hunting is better money

See how this means nothing to this thread?

Racheya, do whatever you have to do, because this thread is just a forest fire now.

Oh, and my eggs, I don't give a [onion] what you think. We are 2 different characters with different stats. Of course data won't be consistent.

I'm off to do 20 min at cave slime. If it beats 50k, then I win, and there's really no argument against that.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

sdd.png

How about you do 20 min like i did? Then maybe we can settle this.

Don't forget that currently I'm training def, melee is my worst stats. So i will get less kills than you in everything.

Cave slime was a harmless suggestion. I compared them to flesh crawlers.

Guess what?

Green drags are better money

Abbysal demons are better money

All monster unting is better money

See how this means nothing to this thread?

Racheya, do whatever you have to do, because this thread is just a forest fire now.

Why do 20 minutes? I have better things to do with my time than killing slimes for 20k in 20 minutes. I already did a test. It disproves all of your tests, seeing as how your 1 test apparently disproves my testing. Don't think thats fair? Too bad, like I said, if you think you're wasting your time on me, why the hell would I want to do something for you if it wastes my time?

Also, of course those things are better money, and of course they have nothing to do with this thread, however, there is still already a topic about these slimes that has existed for a while. I don't see why you bothered making this topic. You can't inform people if they've already been informed.

Oh yeah, and she isn't Racheya, she's "Super Moderator". :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

But men have less HP than cave slimes ... and less defence...

...and are more money per hour...

I don't believe that this thread should be locked, as it is now a viable source of information for low-level moneymaking methods. However, I would prefer if the OP would stop with the childish insults and name-calling.

I'm gonna go do a quick test at level 2 men to see if My_Eggs had an extreme bout of good luck. I don't believe that he did, but the OP is obviously very skeptical and unable to perform a controlled test of his own for some reason or another.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I don't believe that this thread should be locked, as it is now a viable source of information for low-level moneymaking methods. However, I would prefer if the OP would stop with the childish insults and name-calling.

I'm gonna go do a quick test at level 2 men to see if My_Eggs had an extreme bout of good luck. I don't believe that he did, but the OP is obviously very skeptical and unable to perform a controlled test of his own for some reason or another.

It couldn't have been luck. There's no way I'm lucky enough to pull off insane profit compared to the OP and get 6 KBD Head drops in the last 2 weeks.....

But since this guy can't seem the accept that I can make that much hourly, guess I'll head back to men for another hour.

...and have less xp...and ruined my harmless point... and proved nothing really...

Bionic_Yoshi.png

...and have less xp...and ruined my harmless point... and proved nothing really...

So you aren't disagreeing with men being more money then? If so, then I have proved something. That men can be upwards of 350k an hour.

Iron boots are 22k what the hell is this?

It didn't ruin your "harmless" point (whatever that means), it proves that it is easier to kill men and faster.

I do not know why you keep bringing up how your melee stats are junk when they are constants.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Good try, my_eggs, but it looks like i won.

Logic:

Your tests mean nothing because you used different equipment, have different stats and used a different strategy.

I got 45k at men. I got 66k at cave slimes using the same equipment, strategy, and attack style.

Of course, you have to subtract 3k because i used 2 doses of my potion. That still is 18k more than men.

For people who are my level (or who have 38 str lol) cave slime is the better option.

youlosemyeggs.jpg

Bionic_Yoshi.png

Look at this Guide and look at Monster #4. It's already been discussed and is a guide in the Archive of Wisdom. Cave Slime is what it is, a misunderstood monster that is not perfect for all, but could be beneficial to those who would like to kill them. I know I've done it before back in the day.

Just to clear things up:

1.3 - Flaming, Violence, Harassment & Pointless Vulgarity

Heated debates are allowed across the entire forum and we are more lenient when it comes to banter between users in the PvP forums only. However, we always draw the line at personal attacks. Unacceptable forms of flaming include intentionally posting false arguments, intentionally misquoting other users, posting flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to incite a negative reaction, annoying others or disrupting a discussion. Posts that are disparaging toward any religion, race, nation, social status, gender, or sexual orientation are strictly forbidden. Debate opinions or challenge ideas, but do not insult the people behind them. User names (and profile information) may not be offensive, vulgar, profane, or abusive. It is also not our intention to limit the poster's option to use occasional curse words to demonstrate a point. However, pointless harassment or excessive or obscene cursing will be edited or deleted. We have a censor in place to disguise certain inappropriate words. Bypassing it will cause your post to be edited or deleted.

So some of the flaming was fine here, but some of it wasn't. Make sure to read the rules and understand them before posting again. With this being said, this topic is now locked. Any further questions, bring them to me. Thanks and have a great day.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg