The humble cave slime...

Synthox

Im fairly sure I make more then 120k per hour WHILE OFFLINE.

I lol'd. I can't believe we're still arguing about this though, it's obvious players choose to make money differently. If the OP wants to kill Cave Slimes, so be it. It'll just be a nice party in Edgeville though, seeing as many more people prefer the men there.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this thread should be locked.

It's turned from a lower level player making a Harmless suggestion because he thought it was decent (and I would really find it hard to believe if everyone here didn't at some point in the RS life think that making 200k+ an hour was amazing), into a full out "argue with the low levels because we're knowledgeable"

Lay of the guy seriously...for more experienced players, yes, there are MANY MANY better methods, but we were all the same point this guy was thinking making a few hundred K was awesome. Don't flame someone just because they're in that current time in their RS time and you're not anymore.

Just because he's at that time, and we were once at that time, doesn't mean that his actions (or our own actions when we were a noob) are right.

I know for damn sure that when I was a noob, I acted exactly like this - thumbing my nose at people who knew better, which is exactly what is the wrong thing to do.

It's like saying "war is wrong, but it's going to happen anyway, so lets just do nothing to prevent it."

It is us calling him on this stuff, and letting him KNOW that he is wrong that is actually beneficial, will teach him stuff, and will make him LESS of a noob.

On-topic: A better source of swamp tar and money is actually warped tortoises - they barely hit, give about 600-700kgp an hour off task, and you just have to do a simple quest to gain access to them (and obviously have the required slayer level)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

You could make better money killing level 2 men.

And how would i go about doing that? Picking up bones? Sitting around hoping for ranarr? You're better off just saying phr33 mony pl0x. At least you'll get 10k per hour doing that lol.

You're probably in disbelief that something makes money that is lower leveled, hits less and is a perfectly viable alternitive to flesh crawlers.

Did you even read the post or just scan for the amount of money i'm making?

Perspective, people. Learn to read.

dude obtaurian totally aced the final exams this year so hes going on to 6th grade. i dont think he's that stupid....

maybe he means if you kill a lot of men you might get like a random 130k gp drop from them.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

That, my friend my_eggs, is something you may be unfamiliar with. It's called luck. It;s what gets people d visages at dragons. You know that?

Tommorow i will try men at edgeville and show you what I got. If the are close, then you won, case closed. Cave slime was a fleeting thought that i was comparing to flesh crawlers. I could go on a thread celebrating green dragons and spout some crap about daggonoth kings and it would do the same thing. Tommorow I will set my watch timer for 20 minutes, and see if our stuff is close close together. If it's not, then you got lucky, and your proof is invalid. But it's 11:30 here on the eastern coast of the US, and i really can't argue this any longer tonight.

Tommorow is judgement day, i suppose.

No offence to you, but try not to lie about the results just to prove your point...

That, my friend my_eggs, is something you may be unfamiliar with. It's called luck. It;s what gets people d visages at dragons. You know that?

Tommorow i will try men at edgeville and show you what I got. If the are close, then you won, case closed. Cave slime was a fleeting thought that i was comparing to flesh crawlers. I could go on a thread celebrating green dragons and spout some crap about daggonoth kings and it would do the same thing. Tommorow I will set my watch timer for 20 minutes, and see if our stuff is close close together. If it's not, then you got lucky, and your proof is invalid. But it's 11:30 here on the eastern coast of the US, and i really can't argue this any longer tonight.

Keep in mind that a single test is worthless when it comes to statistics. I can go to TDs and get a claw drop on the second kill. Does that mean I'm making nearly 400m an hour at TDs? What if I go to TDs for an hour and get no claws? Does that mean TDs are worthless for money?

Averages, my friend. Your single expedition to slaughter helpless level 2 men will prove nothing. I don't know if I like the fact that you're doing this because you don't trust My_Eggs' results, but I guess a bit of healthy skepticism never hurt anyone.

Despite the harsh nature of myself and other posters on this thread, I hope you've learned that there are better ways to make money and gain experience at your levels than killing cave slimes or fleshcrawlers. Tip.it users are like professional wine tasters at a Koolaid function. Don't hold it against us.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This guy posts a topic trying to help people, and they act like elitest [puncture]s and tell him his method is bad. Then the OP comes back and completely shreds their pathetic attempts at flames. Grats OP, you win.

I must've missed this "comeback" post.

You really shouldn't be so harsh about other people..

you know, people like variety, and aren't all -like you are probably- gifted with bot-like determination!

I remember "shortly" after hunter was introduced, there was a guide writing these were for low lvls around combat lvl ~60-70 these gave 250K+.. Now the prices of all items are inflated, and you can actually keep lots of gems with the gem bag.

so I think you can make a good 300-400K an hour here with low level combat stats!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Averages, my friend. Your single expedition to slaughter helpless level 2 men will prove nothing. I don't know if I like the fact that you're doing this because you don't trust My_Eggs' results, but I guess a bit of healthy skepticism never hurt anyone.

I don't mind that he doesn't trust my results. What bothers me is that he tells me I don't understand luck, and says that my first 20 minutes was full of getting lucky, but then I finished up the other 40 minutes and saw that actually, my first 20 minutes were rather UNlucky.

Even so, it was just 1 hour of testing, which is rather small I will admit, though I guess I could spend all day tomorrow killing men to gather a larger sample size if that's what's neccessary for him to understand that men are infact 250k+ an hour. Double what he calls "good" money.

Also, I didn't feel like being a [bleep] and putting my 2 clue scroll rewards into the hourly profit, seeing as it would have made the hour more like an hour and 15 minutes, but.... I did get some of the flared pants and a black kite (g). So I mean, thats another 2.3m. :thumbup:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Time for me to reply I think.

First off, I am able to make well up the scale of 750k per hour. I know the methods, I know the info and from what I don't know, I know where to find it.

At some point (around level 105 at the time) I figured, hey swamp paste = worth Moneyz! So I went to these cute cave slimes. I brought some anti poisons. Brought my void, started to kill them. After 15 minutes I pricechecked and found out, they aren't worth doing.

They have low health, they hardly hit but when they hit, you get a nasty poison! I often kill them faster then they spawn (Omg I'm that fast?) That might not be done by lower levels, but it shows that at combat 105, I maxed the speed of moneymaking there. I made about what you said, 150k per hour there (on average from a few short 15 minute tests, like 3-4) This was before the iron boots being 22k, which I didn't get their strangely enough.

Also at some point, I tried Flesh Crawlers. Nice, decent and fairly easy to bank with fairy rings, but still didn't do it for me. The quality herb is quite low actually and also the nasty poison is annoying as hell.

Both of these monsters aren't great training in terms of exp/h. Also they are nice money, but nothing to great. Flesh Crawlers would be more gold/h then I'd say. Still, it is far from great. Even quite annoying in a way.

(So far my analysis of how I tried these monsters and experienced them)

The original poster claimed he compared Slimes to Crawlers. That is all good, but as much as you like it, you discard all alternatives with this comparison.

Job A gets you 4$ per hour, Job B gets you 5$ per hour and is also a bit more fun. Then Job B might be better right? Shameless to say, you forgot about Job C that pays 10$ and is just as much fun! (Comparisons are great, but don't compare to a single thing, compare to 'the entire game'.)

Someone your level CAN make a lot more. The method you found might be nice, but there are more efficient methods. Also, in long term concept you will be better of training slayer.

On a final note: Men are slightly worse experience per hour then slimes/crawlers I think, but they are more money per hour consistently. in Edgeville I've been able to get upwards 200k-250k per hour consistently while hunting for clues (not counting time to finish clues, nor counting clue rewards). Test whatever you want ;) there are more experienced people on the forums. They don't want to burn you, they just hate it when people use bad reasoning. (See above)

- Rambling mode off -

Good luck on finding more methods. There are also great guides written and made by other players which have very entertaining methods about training etc. Feel free to post more info like this on the forums, just make sure you double checked it and reason it well ;) Know what you say!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Time for me to reply I think.

First off, I am able to make well up the scale of 750k per hour. I know the methods, I know the info and from what I don't know, I know where to find it.

At some point (around level 105 at the time) I figured, hey swamp paste = worth Moneyz! So I went to these cute cave slimes. I brought some anti poisons. Brought my void, started to kill them. After 15 minutes I pricechecked and found out, they aren't worth doing.

They have low health, they hardly hit but when they hit, you get a nasty poison! I often kill them faster then they spawn (Omg I'm that fast?) That might not be done by lower levels, but it shows that at combat 105, I maxed the speed of moneymaking there. I made about what you said, 150k per hour there (on average from a few short 15 minute tests, like 3-4) This was before the iron boots being 22k, which I didn't get their strangely enough.

Also at some point, I tried Flesh Crawlers. Nice, decent and fairly easy to bank with fairy rings, but still didn't do it for me. The quality herb is quite low actually and also the nasty poison is annoying as hell.

Both of these monsters aren't great training in terms of exp/h. Also they are nice money, but nothing to great. Flesh Crawlers would be more gold/h then I'd say. Still, it is far from great. Even quite annoying in a way.

(So far my analysis of how I tried these monsters and experienced them)

The original poster claimed he compared Slimes to Crawlers. That is all good, but as much as you like it, you discard all alternatives with this comparison.

Job A gets you 4$ per hour, Job B gets you 5$ per hour and is also a bit more fun. Then Job B might be better right? Shameless to say, you forgot about Job C that pays 10$ and is just as much fun! (Comparisons are great, but don't compare to a single thing, compare to 'the entire game'.)

Someone your level CAN make a lot more. The method you found might be nice, but there are more efficient methods. Also, in long term concept you will be better of training slayer.

On a final note: Men are slightly worse experience per hour then slimes/crawlers I think, but they are more money per hour consistently. in Edgeville I've been able to get upwards 200k-250k per hour consistently while hunting for clues (not counting time to finish clues, nor counting clue rewards). Test whatever you want ;) there are more experienced people on the forums. They don't want to burn you, they just hate it when people use bad reasoning. (See above)

- Rambling mode off -

Good luck on finding more methods. There are also great guides written and made by other players which have very entertaining methods about training etc. Feel free to post more info like this on the forums, just make sure you double checked it and reason it well ;) Know what you say!

This man has summed up the point I've been trying to get across, but in a nice way. Kudos to you sir. Now why couldn't I have just said all that? Maybe I'm just a hateful person who tries to make his point through flamming... :twisted:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Aw c'mon, since when have we turned into such [wagon]. Okay, it's not the best method, but no need to crack down on him. Also, killing them with maxed melees isn't the same as with 50 att and str (allthough the difference will be not too big due to their low hp and def). He's wrong, allright, but no need to crack down on him like this.

Aw c'mon, since when have we turned into such [wagon]. Okay, it's not the best method, but no need to crack down on him. Also, killing them with maxed melees isn't the same as with 50 att and str (allthough the difference will be not too big due to their low hp and def). He's wrong, allright, but no need to crack down on him like this.

Sure I may be maxed melees and was 1 hitting every man, but there was a lvl 45 there doing the same thing. Sure we could have been nicer with our approach, but either way we were just trying to teach him that his method is obsolete compared to many other methods.

Uhm maybe obsolete in terms of raw profit...

But you know, this is a game, and games aren't about profit mostly..

They are about having fun!

And beating cave slime is a lot more fun & relaxing than fighting over lv 2 man.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Uhm maybe obsolete in terms of raw profit...

But you know, this is a game, and games aren't about profit mostly..

They are about having fun!

And beating cave slime is a lot more fun & relaxing than fighting over lv 2 man.

That's an opinion. I find men to be more fun because they don't poison me, and I don't need to carry a lantern to fight them. However, I also find Bandos GWD to be more fun than either of the other two options, and much more profit, but that's not the point being made in this thread.

These newb moneymaking methods are just funny, with the new dungeoneering update you can already make 350k+ an hour doing nothing, much more if you kill chaos druids at the same time. Cave slime are not good xp nor profit, thus, it's a stupid thread made by someone uneducated about the methods to play the game. Sure, if he really likes it, he can continue to do it, but as it has been proven on this thread, there are alot more profitable moneymakers for newbs. If you value your time as being worthless, we are all okay with that. If you want to figure out ways to help people make money, figure something that makes more than 4m an hour that i'm getting at frost dragons.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Guys, I think the main point of the first post was:

"Hey, these things actually make cash and before I had thought they were worthless. Who'd a thought?"

Obviously there's tons of better ways to make money. OP was just making an observation. Probably doesn't need to be turned into a heavy debate over money making methods since I don't think he was trying to claim Cave Slime was the new frost dragon cannoning or was superior to anything.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I'm going to lock this thread if some of you don't stop flaming and trolling. Seriously. If it continues I'll remove ALL the trolling/flaming posts which would unfortunately leave this thread with about one page of posts. I'd rather not, so I'm asking you lot to stop it now.

JUST because you prefer to use faster/quicker/high level moneymaking methods, doesn't mean that there aren't any out there. Everyone knows that there are better ways to get money than Cave Slimes, however the OP's point was that these seemingly worthless creatures are actually a viable source of income. Maybe not really high-level income methods, but not everyone wants to do super-fast-elite methods. The OP was just making a valid observation.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I'm going to lock this thread if some of you don't stop flaming and trolling. Seriously. If it continues I'll remove ALL the trolling/flaming posts which would unfortunately leave this thread with about one page of posts. I'd rather not, so I'm asking you lot to stop it now.

JUST because you prefer to use faster/quicker/high level moneymaking methods, doesn't mean that there aren't any out there. Everyone knows that there are better ways to get money than Cave Slimes, however the OP's point was that these seemingly worthless creatures are actually a viable source of income. Maybe not really high-level income methods, but not everyone wants to do super-fast-elite methods. The OP was just making a valid observation.

Is trolling now against the rules?

2v8sgvs.png

Is trolling now against the rules?

I lol'd.

I sure hope not, otherwise there would be bans happening left and right.

As a fair teat I spent 30 minutes at both with my best gear and super pots.

I killed 0 cave slimes in this time and so factoring in the cost of pots/food/barrows degrade we can see you earn -35.45k per hour.

I killed 32 men in that time and got 30k worth of drops, therefore in making 25k per hour.

However we can also compare this to my king black dragon atempt, i lost 300k due to death so we can work out that it is rougly -3000000gp per hour.

So we can see men are better than cave slimes but both are better than boss hunting.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I don't mean bad by telling you what to do, but you could pickpocket H.A.M members for level 1 clue scrolls (wearing H.A.M clothes makes you fail less). And if you look at the price of some of the level 1 clue rewards, it's millions.

And the clues are easy to do. The cave slime is a nice perspective, but it's not as great as you hoped it was.

"Hey, these things actually make cash and before I had thought they were worthless. Who'd a thought?"

Obviously there's tons of better ways to make money. OP was just making an observation. Probably doesn't need to be turned into a heavy debate over money making methods since I don't think he was trying to claim Cave Slime was the new frost dragon cannoning or was superior to anything.

This. He wasn't like "AMG kill these now for $$$ or you's a narb!" He was saying how they're not just a useless monster... Jeez I thought Tip.It was a nicer community...

Starcraft 2 - PCTahvo.617. Message me if you want to play, always up to play with fellow Tifers.

This. He wasn't like "AMG kill these now for $$$ or you's a narb!" He was saying how they're not just a useless monster... Jeez I thought Tip.It was a nicer community...

You shouldn't make assumptions. You're bound to be wrong.

Cave slimes are actually one of those guides in erichermits misunderstood monsters guide. They are an alright money making method really. I know there are better but hey maybe some people want to do something slightly different?

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012