Delta V

archimage_a

Well those races don't tend to visit bars...but usually they ask, since there are quite a lot of things that are alright for one race, but would kill another race, in the future.

But what did you expect? Some sort of labels on the bowls, or bowls of every race? Do you think bars are made of money!? :rolleyes:

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

they are made from money, if thats any consolation.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

Begone with ye, heathen, and your wretched pseudo-philosophical (which, strangely enough, is a word in my predictive text dictionary though heathen is not) witchcraft!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

*throws a glass of lemonade at nex* naded!

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I would expect a color code or something. Even a detailed nutritional label would be nice. :thumbup:

Don't they have big government in this world too?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Colour coded bowls are not colour coded? :blink:

They do...but its kinda like Hegemony Government, in that there are a lot of different races that think they are right, and most of them like to focus on the big issues, like when will the budget be allocated, why does it take so long and how will it take?

So the Peanut Ordinance Bill 28-B/54 is never gonna get passed.

Begone with ye, heathen, and your wretched pseudo-philosophical (which, strangely enough, is a word in my predictive text dictionary though heathen is not) witchcraft!

Half of earth's posts are pseudo-philosophy though :rolleyes:

2Xeo5.png

duh. i always say things that dont make much sense if you look at them normally. you need to look at them in an abstract way to make em make sense.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Or you could start putting pills into your salad like croutons until it made sense.

-joking-

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

i dont actually like salad. and the overdose would kill me. so no.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

RABBITS CAN KILL YOU!

... AND SO CAN SALAD!

Edit: ... AND SO CAN THE PEANUTS!

Megadwarf bonus edit: BECAUSE THEY ATTRACT ELEPHANTS!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I think the peanuts from the other colour bowls would probably have a similar reaction with the elephant....

Anyway:

http://users.aber.ac.uk/lug9/delta_v/

Site should be accessible from here, please explore the map (Ie clicking on it), and tell me any errors you find.

Also, I am still looking for better pictures of stars, any help would be appreciated.

Illuminati? GURHAL!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Cool, make sure you let me know as soon as he lets you know(Yea or Nay). Its not overly important as I will be manually adding the empires anyway, but it saves me typing it 3,000 times if I know that it will be usable.

Anyway, project update report:

Because of the vastness of the project, and the comparative pointlessness of it, I am gonna skip over generating maps for individual planets. At this stage I am still considering keeping the Flora and Fauna, though they will be added after the generation is actually done(since there is no point saying that a herbivore evolves on a planet that the generator says has no plants!), but this may change. Resource types (WHICH ARE ONLY USED IN TRADE) will also be added afterwards.

Anyway, for designing your races, this is what the planet information thing looks like:

Pellesslos Arsinoe

Owner:

development: 0

Radius: 10465 Kilometers

Surface Temp(K):154 Kelvin

Surface Temp(F)-182.47 Fahrenheit

Surface Temp©-119.15 Celsius

Surface Gravity: 1.13468268949689 Newtons

Atomsphere: Trace

Resources: 4606

Orbital Resources: 169

The first thing is name of the planet(Hopefully none are duplicated)

Second is the owner/s of the planet.

Then Development. Now development plays a big part of the game so I will go into that afterwards.

Radius is only important if it is below 1,000 as this is the minimum required for 10 developments(The max). 900 caps it at 9 developments, and so on and so forth.

Surface Temperature is listed in the main three formats...Anyone who is more familiar with another temperature scale, please consult here, or your local science lab/weather station... The distance from standard temperature (20 degrees Celsius, 49 Degrees Fahrenheit or 252 degrees Kelvin for humans) plus or minus 40 degrees C, will make it more expensive to settle these planets.

Surface Gravity is measured in Newtons, 10 Newtons being Earth standard. Higher Newtons makes trading from said planet more expensive, but increases the strength of your units trained there. Lower Newtons makes trading easier from said planet, but makes your troops weaker. Settlements above 30 Newtons or below .3 Newtons are more expensive to settle.

Atomsphere comes in 4 flavours; Trace, Carbon Dioxide, Oxygen and Fluorine.

Trace Atomspheres doubles trade revenue.

Carbon Dioxide makes the planet immune from energy weapon bombardment.

Oxygen halves the cost of building developments.

Fluorine doubles industrial output of planets.

If your race can't breath in the atomsphere then building development costs are quarupled until level 3, after that they are normal.

Resources represent the number of resources havestable per year without risking sustainability. Harvesting more than this number risks permenantly reducing the figure. 1% chance of losing 10% for every 1% over you go. So if you are 5% over then you have a 5% chance of losing 10% of the resources on the planet.

Orbital resources are a small bonus in resources which you can access multiple times, depending on how many spaceports you have on a planet.

Now, Developments are the cities/colonies you have on a planet.

Each development represents a 100 pixal by 100 pixal, 256 colour, space which you can use to give yourself all sorts of advantages, depending on how you design it and what you put in it.

These sections are blank to start with, but you can redesign them any way you want, adding water, cliffs, roads, houses, research labs, factories, farms, mines, barrack, fortifications, planetery shields, self-destruct devices, whatever.

Each pixal you allocate to something gives you a bonus of 0.01%(So if you devoted all 10,000 pixals to something you could double your bonus) to whatever thing it is devoted to.

Cliffs, water and such, unless you are using them in some way, do not offer a bonus, but are used for your defences, as the Developments are also where you will fight your battles.

This method of battling is to prevent armies of 10 million being wheeled around the galaxy, and so invasion actually take place on a managable scale, allowing an elite team of soliders to land, break into the research facility, steal research and be out again without having to wade through the 5 million men who were convienantly, if uncomfortably, stationed in the entrance.

In short, it allows armies of 1,000 to land and split into smaller teams to achieve specific objectives.

Each pixals represents 10 meters, so the map is 1 kilometer by 1 kilometer.

There will be some examples/defaults to choose from if you arn't that fussed.

And a list of recommended buildings (Comms towers, Space Ports, Barracks and the like) will be compiled.

Any questions so far?

tl:dr Version

Developments are where you fight battles and boost up your planet's bonuses, if nothing else you need to know that.

So... Hegemony and not D'neering...

Damnit.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

how about both?

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

XD that'd be kinda cool, control like one soldier in the battles ><.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

it would make government merc relationships so much better, seeing as one player could control a merc corps. heh.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Or someone could just make a dungeoneering game...?

there are perks and downfalls to both jobs. with the d'neering side, you can be much more presice in what you want to do. but you cant hold sway over the masses, nor can you do all the fun researching and stuff hegnenomy is about.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]