Napoleonic Hegemony

Nero

Russia offers Revolutionary France the oppertunity to send King Louis to live in Saint Petersburg. He would be required to abdicate the French throne, but he would be able to live safely in Saint Petersburg, as he would no longer be royalty.

The Polish King is offered a new deal. The King surrenders to Russian forces and he swears fealty to Catherine. The Polish nobles are exiled (or they can choose to lose their titles and live as commoners in the country) and Poland becomes the vassal of Russia.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not researched it as both steam engines, cogs and the Archimedes' screw existed.

I'm just building this on a large scale driven by a normal rotary steam engine:

archimedes_screw.jpg

By the way, the steam engine became common use in the 1810s, they had already existed for a while.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

The Polish King is offered a new deal. The King surrenders to Russian forces and he swears fealty to Catherine. The Polish nobles are exiled (or they can choose to lose their titles and live as commoners in the country) and Poland becomes the vassal of Russia.

That's the exact same deal as last time lol.

It's different! This time, the king doesn't abdicate his throne, the nobles are exiled, and I'm sieging the heck out of his forces. So is he going to accept it? :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Shut up Rocco, you complain so much that I don't care about what you think anymore, I use technology from before this game so there's not really anything that should stop me from using it since all it can do is to move water upwards.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

North America, Rocco. :)

Mather, I think you should ask Dusty about it first.

Did you research it, at the very least?

He may have, but he hasn't actually gotten it.

And thus, Mather does not have that tech.

So, do I control all of France now, Dusty?

If not, what do I have to do?

We hold Louis in captivity temporarily. Under high security. Whatever's left of the royal treasury is spent buying food, and agriculture supplies for those in Paris and surrounding areas that need it.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Two things, one that only means that the non-existant research it hasn't gotten results, two it is not a technology, merely a use for three existing inventions.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Russia suggests that Persia moves people to the coast rather than the coast to the people.

Two things, one that only means that the non-existant research it hasn't gotten results, two it is not a technology, merely a use for three existing inventions.

Oh my god, the argument that was the bane of so many of the original hegemonies.

"A tech exists somewhere in the world-> I have the tech (Persia has technology Malus making that less true) -> I can combine it instantly with any other tech, with no research-> NEW TECH WITH NO RESEARCH

Where're you getting all that coal anyway, assuming you have the tech. Which you don't.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Not a tech, a simple contraption, what you're saying is that you'd need to research in IRL to create a Rube Goldberg machine.

Any fuel would work, coal is just favoured because of its efficiancy.

Now Dusty since certain members apparently can't stand me using a simple contraption to lift water, yay ( :thumbup: ) or nay ( :thumbdown: )?

Just fto remind people that this contraption is the same as using buckets attached to a rope with the ends tied together both in function and simplicity.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Russia celebrates the newly Revolutionised France with a grand musical performance in Saint Petersburg, with music from French composers.

Now Dusty since certain members apparently can't stand me using a simple contraption to lift water, yay ( :thumbup: ) or nay ( :thumbdown: )?

Just fto remind people that this contraption is the same as using buckets attached to a rope with the ends tied together both in function and simplicity.

I already said no. You can't use examples of technology being introduced before it was actually produced/accepted in the world and say 'See look, it exists so I can use it!', because technically steam power was invented in ancient times.

Make a decision on Louis.

this contraption is the same as using buckets attached to a rope with the ends tied together both in function and simplicity.

so do that

it really makes NO DIFFERENCE you're just causing arguments and rocco is (hilariously) baiting you

'Tis I, 'tis Vindice, 'tis I!

I already said no. You can't use examples of technology being introduced before it was actually produced/accepted in the world and say 'See look, it exists so I can use it!', because technically steam power was invented in ancient times.

Make a decision on Louis.

Can I put him on trial?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

This game began in 1776, and the current year is the winter of 1790. :thumbup:

It better be a mock trial, because any reasonable revolutionary wouldn't risk an impartial jury.

Russia keeps the offer for King Louis being exiled to Russia. Also, a Russian jury is offered as an impartial jury, if the revolutionaries actually want one.

British-American War

The war in North America opened up in winter of 1790 with an attack by the American Tea Brigade and Revolutionary army in an attempt to destroy the previously beaten combined British Redcoat and Colonial armies. The British, under General Chapman, had decided as well that the British would fight, and ordered the army to turn around and attack.

3LfEu.jpg

The Battle of Pittsburgh, September 13th, 1790

British Strength:

General Chapman (Inf. Commander)

Colonial Army

0/10,000 Line infantry

0/2,000 Fusilers

5/10 Cannons

1,000/2,000 Lancers

1,000/3,000 Skirmishers

4,000/5,000 Dragoons

Redcoats

5,000 Line infantry

1,000/2,000 Fusilers

10 Cannons

1,000 Hussars

2,000 Lancers

1,000/2,000 Grenadiers

Total Strength: 16,000 men + 15 cannons

American Strength:

Revolutionary Army:

General Gudyer & General Banks

0/1,000 line infantry

0/4,000 skirmishers

0/5000 Fusiliers

0/2,000 dragoons

1000/2000 Hussars

0/3 cannon

Tea Brigade: General Banks

1000 Imperial Guard

5000 Fusiliers

2000 Grenadiers

2000 Hussars

3000 Lancers

6100/9100 Line Infantry

1500/2500 Skirmishers

3/4 cannon

Total Strength: 20,600 men + 3 cannon

Both sides troops were weary from more than two years of campaigning, and there were still grumblings about the loss of Jefferson on the American side, but General Guyder reined in his troops quickly, and formed them into battle lines. The sky was clear, which bode ill for the Americans, as the British had superior numbers of artillery, but luckily for the American troops, it was the British who decided to attack.

The move perplexed General Guyder, as his men outnumbered the British, but he chuckled as it seemed that luck was with the Americans. However, he wisely decided to pull his paltry 3 cannon out of range of the British artillery range, and keep them for when the British infantry advanced.

Just after General Guyder had formed his men up, the battle truly started as the British Army of the Redcoat charged. It seemed like something out of the medieval era, as they simply rushed headlong at the American line, who responded with calm musket volleys up and down the lines. 2000 British lancers and hussars circled around the left flank of the American line, and General Guyder responded with 3000 of his own lancers, who crashed into the British cavalry with tremendous force.

But the battle did not halt to watch over the cavalry duel, and the Redcoats were still charging, though taking horrendous casualties for the move. Finally, they broke off their attack and ran, and Guyder threw the rest of his cavalry force into action, his 3000 Hussars who charged into the rear of the retreating British army and cut down even more than the American infantry killed. The cavalry duel on the American left flank had ended as well, as the British cavalry was forced to retreat since the British infantry had withdrawn. The American hussars pulled back as the British Colonial army (which was now pretty much only 5,000 cavalry after such a brutal campaign years previous) attacked them.

It seemed that the Americans were well on their way to losing the battle, and while the British morale was wavering from their ill planned and horrible charge the American line lurched forward on Guyders orders, intent on pressing the attack and finishing the British armies once and for all.

The American armies closed in on the British, and even the superior British cannon didnt slow their progress (though it did dent it), and American muskets started dropping British redcoats like flies. The British cavalry managed to make some headway against the Americans, due to their number superiority, but whenever the closed on the advancing American infantry they were driven away by a rush of musket volleys.

It seemed that the Americans were on the cusp of victory, but off in the distance behind the American lines came a single trumpet that peeled out across the landscape, barely noticeable except to the British commanders ears. The British Royal Army had arrived on the field.

Royal Army - General Jimmington - Disciplinarian

4,000 Imperial Guards

2,000 Fusilers

3,000 Cuirassiers

It was not a large force, but it was undoubtedly one of the most professional in the British armed forces. British Imperial Guardsmen flooded onto the field, easily outmatching the American rearguard, who crumpled and fled. The American line was caught in an odd panic, as it knew not what to do. In front of them was the remains of the British Redcoat and Colonial Army, and behind the British Royal Army. General Guyder decided it was time to cast the die, and ordered the full charge. Bayonets were fixed even as the Royal army closed in on the Americans from behind, and the Americans flung themselves on the British Colonial and Redcoat armys lines.

Guyder hoped he could turn the thin line into a rout quickly, then wheel his army and face the oncoming Royal Army, but the British had enough morale to hang on somehow. Both sides crashed together, and the British somehow held. From behind crashed in the Royal army, cuirassiers and imperial guardsmen stabbing and slashing the American army; it was a massacre.

As the sun dropped behind the horizon on September 13th, it cast long shadows across the remains of the British Colonial and Redcoat armies, as well as the American Revolutionary army and Tea Brigade. Only the British Royal Army still stood strong, flying full colours. General Guyder had managed to extract a paltry few of his army from the attack, mostly his swift hussars and lancers who fled the field pursued by Cuiriassiers of the British Royal Army, and his imperial guard who hacked a way out of the fighting.

Result:

Tactical Victory: Britian

Strategic Victory: None, since losses for both sides were so appalling

Casualties:

Great Britain:

1,000 lancers, 3,000 dragoons, 5000 line infantry, 1000 fusiliers, 2000 lancers, 1000 grenadiers

Total losses: 13,000 men

United States of America:

2000 Hussars, 500 Imperial Guard, 4000 Fusiliers, 2000 grenadiers, 6100 line infantry, 1500 skirmishers, 3 cannon (WILL NOT BE REPLACED, CAPTURED BY BRITISH), 2000 lancers

Total losses: 16,100 men + 3 cannon

Canadian Front:

The American Coffee Brigade fared much better than their counterparts in the South, marching around the Great Lakes and capturing swaths of British territory.

And finally, the big hit for Britain:

A new country entered the fray in Winter of 1790. As the might of Britain, both naval and land, was overseas in the Americas, the Portuguese navy coasted easily along the British Isles and unloaded over 20,000 men in an invasion of England. With no regular military forces available to oppose the Portugese armies, most towns surrendered easily. However, London managed to scrape together 4,000 men for the defense, and is currently under siege by the Portuguese forces.

4Mj0V.png

Skillfully done Rocco! -applauds-

Oh Dusty, how long did it take to put so many purple dots on Britain?