Dungeoneering Coins

CookMePlox

There is a fairly well-known way to make great amounts of money in Daemonheim. Unfortunately, not many people know the best ways to do this. Allow me to explain.

[hide=The Method]It's quite simple. Take Rune essence (50 coins each) and make them into Air runes (12 coins each). If you can make more than 4.2 Air runes per essence, you're profiting, and you're also getting 4000-5000 Runecrafting experience per hour.[/hide]

[hide=The Specifics]When you begin a dungeon, take everything from the starting room, and sell it all (except for the essence.) If you have any ammunition, now would be a good time to sell it. With cash in hand, buy as much Rune essence as you can (250 at a time.) Stroll down to the Runecrafting altar and make Air runes to your hearts' content. When you're out of essence, sell all of your runes to the Smuggler, buy more essence, and repeat. Sound too good to be true?[/hide]

[hide=Requirements]The only requirement to make money off of this is about 40 Runecrafting, but you can't expect to make much money off it at that level. As you progress to a higher level, the money, of course, goes up.[/hide]

[hide=How to sell runes to the Smuggler]Here's the only tough-ish part. Instead of selling 50 at a time, which can take a looooong time, you can pull out your old Mousekeys, which can save your life here. For a nice guide on how to use Mousekeys, see Wakka's Mousekeys Guide. To start off, put your Air runes in the bottom row of your inventory as this picture (courtesy of RuneScape Wiki) shows:

Air_Runecrafting_1.png

Having hammers or other space-taker-uppers is nice so you don't have to move the runes down every time, but not completely necessary. Also, turn your Mouse buttons in the "Options" menu to 1. Anyway, with your mousekeys on, hover your mouse over the lower bit of the Air runes in your inventory, so that when you click, your mouse should be over sell-50. When that's in place, start tapping the "5" key and the "+" key on your numpad. Do this until you're out of Air runes. If you concentrate, you can easily sell about 30,000 runes in a minute.[/hide]

[hide=Calculations]You can use exactly 1000 Rune essence per minute, and let's say you can sell 30,000 runes per minute. Forgetting the time spent buying Rune essence (which is negligible):

• At 44 Runecrafting you can make 510k an hour and 5.1k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • At 55 Runecrafting you can make 1.1m an hour and 5k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • At 66 Runecrafting you can make 1.6m an hour and 4.8k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • At 77 Runecrafting you can make 2.1m an hour and 4.7k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • At 88 Runecrafting you can make 2.6m an hour and 4.6k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • At 99 Runecrafting you can make 3.1m an hour and 4.5k Runecrafting experience per hour.
  • Assuming the Artisan's ring gives 11 runes per essence at ~109 Runecrafting, you can make 3.6m an hour and 4.4k Runecrafting experience per hour.

[/hide]

[hide=How to spend your cash (the fun part)]Under construction.[/hide]

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Just curious but why is it the higher your runecrafting level the lower xp you get?

I guess it's because you have to sell more runes

This :wink:

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

You don't have to use Mousekeys.

I just use a mouse (I'm a desktop guy), and use both hands to spam-click the left and right buttons of my mouse.

Sure it might be more tiring, but it's just as fast, and I won't be breaking my buttons on my keyboard. :P

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The problem with this is that it isn't very practical. Alching Sagg arrows is a more effective means of getting money.

If youre doing this during a large, you should probably be kicked from your team (no offense).

If youre doing this by yourself, why dont you just train RC normally?

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The problem with this is that it isn't very practical. Alching Sagg arrows is a more effective means of getting money.

If youre doing this during a large, you should probably be kicked from your team (no offense).

air runes are an infinite source of money. Getting around 360k from sag arrows is fine and all,, but what if your entire team wants full prom? hmm?

air runes are an infinite source of money. Getting around 360k from sag arrows is fine and all,, but what if your entire team wants full prom? hmm?

this inf money trick is perfect for getting a high end item for binding. otherwise its a waste of time.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

So you'd rather spent almost an hour just making armour and then start the dungeon to realise half of the monsters still hit thru your armour? Okay it's an infinite source, but like the others say, it's better to get a high-item bind than doing it each dungeon.. Not bad worked out otherwise.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Also worth noting, the 'artisan' ring increases your runecrafting level while crafting runes, which therefore increases the amount of runes and profit (I tried it myself). I noticed you mentioned it in the guide, but didn't recommend it as a necessity. I truly recommend it. I dunno just a thought of noting it a bit more.

Great guide.

2vuhgcn.png

I do agree that the faster 375K from T11 arrows is more useful, especially since most good dungeoneers carry that as their ammo bind. The team can easily have starting cash of 1.875m in a couple of minutes, as opposed to the couple of hours it would take to get this via air runes. I've tried the air rune method and it is relatively a lot slower.

Still an informative guide.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

No decent team is going to ask for that. You never need anything more than the armor you obtain yourself in the dungeon to complete it, unless that's only like Katagon gloves or something, in which case all you need to to make everyone a Katagon or Gorgonite platebody.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but Jagex nerfed this a while ago. Air runes are now worth 1 gp each to the smuggler, I believe.

Oh no! - they nerfed the XP, as people were gaining huge XP.

And now, 19th August, they nerfed the infinite moneybank - blast.

Wonder if they left any other runes still profitable?

Sorry, but Jagex nerfed this a while ago. Air runes are now worth 1 gp each to the smuggler, I believe.

Oh no! - they nerfed the XP, as people were gaining huge XP.

And now, 19th August, they nerfed the infinite moneybank - blast.

Wonder if they left any other runes still profitable?

As far as I know, there's no way to profit with buying from smuggler and selling back, rc or otherwise.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3